Human Kids Versus Animal Kids

XRay

Has anyone experienced both fully raising children to adulthood and fully raising pets to adulthood yet? Do your children remain as cuddly with you when they grow up compared to your pet children? How would you compare the two? Is it even comparable? If someone asked you who your favorite child was, would it be strange to answer that your favorite kid is your cat or dog or some other pet? Would you include your pets alongside your children in your will?

I am just curious. Like, what if I marry tomorrow and my five year old daughter in the future asks me why it is okay for Boots onee-chan to sleep with me and mommy but she has to sleep by herself in her own bed?

I posted in the wrong forum again. I swear I was in Far From the Forest, which I guess Forum Games is part of, but at least, I remembered to use the report post button this time!

Edited by XRay

2 minutes ago, XRay said:

Like, what if I marry tomorrow and my five year old daughter in the future asks me why it is okay for Boots onee-chan to sleep with me and mommy but she has to sleep by herself in her own bed?

You could answer its because you and your wife just love Boots onee-chan more than  her and see how she'll react. 

I have no experience raising kids but I do have experience raising pet children. So far dogs don't seem to ever stop being cuddly with their owners and cats don't stop being cuddly as long as you have a plate of food with you. Kids by their very nature eventually stop being kids and thus also stop being cuddly, if they haven't already stopped being cuddly long before they stop being children. So pet children kinda win by default on that front. 

2 minutes ago, Etrurian emperor said:

You could answer its because you and your wife just love Boots onee-chan more than her and see how she'll react. 

That would be hilarious.

11 minutes ago, Rosalina said:

... When I read the title, for the first moment I thought a copypasta of Chiki has returned to the forum.

What is that?

On 1/23/2020 at 7:17 PM, Dragoncat said:

@Rezzy

I can't answer this, maybe a parent can, so tagging Rezzy.

My kids aren't adults yet, but human children require 10 fold more work than pets do.