Post a random fact people probably don't know! (And even if they did, they wouldn't care.)

Benice

Did you know that when Anne Boleyn was preagnant with queen Elizabeth the Ist, she had a craving for apples? (This is the Elizabeth from the 1550's, not the 1900-2000s)

Edited by Benice

• Replies 690
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kasane Teto is a virtual idol in the vocal synthesizer program UTAU. She was originally created as a fake vocaloid for april fools but her creators saw potential in her and revived her as UTAU with her own voice bank. She is a 31 year old half bat half human Chimera and loves french bread. Her singing voice is pretty great too

The biggest innovation in 3d graphics of the last decade is proper understanding of the Fresnel Effect, which determines how light reflects off surfaces. The complicated explanation can be found here:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fresnel_equations

Most video game engines now either use it as their only system for lights, or their default system.

The Australian Magpie is not actually related to European Magpies. It is more closely related to Birds of the Cracitus Genus. The reason it is called a Magpie is because when the British first colonised Australia, they had a habit of naming things that looked similar to their European counterparts after said counterparts.

Christopher Lee made heavy metal albums. He is also distantly related to Charlemagne. Some of Christopher Lee’s albums are named after Charlemagne.

Not sure how good they are, but I heard that Christopher Lee had a really good voice.

Rest in peace.

There's a chatbot where you can "chat" with famous authors like Shakespeare, Charles Dickens, and Edgar Allen Poe where they can also edit what you wrote.

I wrote in the first paragraph of My Immortal and Shakespeare said "Let not sloth dim your horrors new-begot".

1 hour ago, Azure, Roundabouted Out said:

Christopher Lee made heavy metal albums. He is also distantly related to Charlemagne. Some of Christopher Lee’s albums are named after Charlemagne.

Not sure how good they are, but I heard that Christopher Lee had a really good voice.

Rest in peace.

I forgot to mention this, but he was also related to the Civil War commander Robert E. Lee.

1 hour ago, indigoasis said:

Mauna Kea is the tallest mountain in the world, not Mt. Everest.

Only if we count the parts of the mountain that are underwater (which most people don't).

48 minutes ago, Espurrhoodie said:

The Genealogy manga adaptation by Mitsuki Oosawa is actually really good!

That's an opinion, not a fact.

The reason ghosts say "Boo" is because it's a Latin verb, meaning "To yell". So anytime a ghost says "Boo!" they're literally saying "I'm yelling!".

In the Resident Evil 2 Remake (2019), At the beginning of the game you have the option to wander the streets in Racoon City. There is a store named Awagomihs. This is a reference to Teurohiro Shimogawa, a Capcom employee and chief writer for the Mega man series.

4 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

The short "Hallelujah!" chorus that is used for memes is actually an excerpt of a composition by Georg Friedrich Händel called Messiah, specifically Part 2, the chorus.

If this is actually a little known fact, I'll be depressed. (I guess you could say I can't "Handel" it.)

The romans had  gods of cupboards, hinges and mildew!

Edward Elgar wrote the enigma variations. Each of the variations was inspired by one of his friends. (I feel bad for one of his friends, because Elgar named the movement based off of him "Nimrod.")

Edited by Benice