About Randolph in Azure Moon

Dragoncat

1 minute ago, Sid Starkiller said:

While I agree that she should become playable, I feel like we would've found that out by now if she were.

The more I think about what 3H was supposed to be, the more I feel that 3H might almost have been a mistake. Might as well have been delayed another 2 years.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, NekoKnight said:

Fleche was an armed and murderous child which makes her killing justified. The point of referring to these plot points is that Dimitri killing POWs or children is treated as irredeemable but Byleth does these exact things for good reason. Dimitri would have tortured Randolph, which certainly is evil, but Byleth stopped it before it happened.

Hence why context is important!  It's easy enough to make the false equivalency.  Thing is, we don't know the context behind what/why Dimitri did those things.  I won't say he's irredeemable for those things, simply because he's a really unreliable narrator during his dark phase.

But torturing a POW is screwed up, so he can have that under his list of sins.

On 1/31/2020 at 4:52 PM, eclipse said:

Hence why context is important!  It's easy enough to make the false equivalency.  Thing is, we don't know the context behind what/why Dimitri did those things.  I won't say he's irredeemable for those things, simply because he's a really unreliable narrator during his dark phase.

But torturing a POW is screwed up, so he can have that under his list of sins.

This is why I'm not fond of Dimitri, not only does he show complete joy and pleasure in wanting to slowly and painfully torture a POW but he admits his murdering of children.

As somebody else previously mentioned before Randolph kills on the battlefield as his job as a soldier, Dimitri murders. 

In Azure Moon you are helping a monster. Yes he has trauma and PTSD, but he's still a complete monster. Dim himself even confesses it. 

Edited by Eurydice