Religious Knights?

Dylan Corona

I hope this is the right place, I feel like this is a bit of an Archetype in Fire Emblem. A knight that serves a religious leader. For example, Catherine to Rhea, Sigrun to Sanaki. I feel like during all my years of Fire Emblem, there are more examples of this, but I can't think of any off the top of my head. Basically head Knights for religious leaders. Any help? 

Actually, I'd say the two examples you gave are pretty much it. Mainly because most religions in this series are either underdeveloped or evil. Begnion and Seiros are pretty much the only "good" religions with any substance to them. Stuff like Elimine and Rausten really only exist so that Yodel and Saul / L'Arachel and her crew have a thing to be a part of. Heck, some of the series's continents, like Archanea, don't even have a named religion at all.

If you want to count KagaSaga, there's also Paramythis and Aslanne, from Berwick Saga and Vestaria Saga, respectively. But that's about all I can come up with, really.

I do feel that, in the future, there should really be a class to go this archetype: a knight who serves a religious figure; maybe uses swords and some kind of faith magic; be it staves, white magic, etc. Maybe name it after a bunch of cool mythical knights that served an important figure. Knights of the Round Table is way too long, so maybe something cool from Frankish Folklore... Maybe the knights that served Charlemagne...

…Well; the obvious name choice is already taken by the "typical knight on horseback" class. Any suggestions?

EDIT: This is just a Paladin joke; I was not seriously looking for answer to the question at the end. 

Edited by vanguard333

8 minutes ago, vanguard333 said:

…Well; the obvious name choice is already taken by the "typical knight on horseback" class. Any suggestions?

So something like a Templar or perhaps Crusader?

The base class could be something like Novice Knight (or  just "Squire" but that would not feel religious I think) which focuses on typical physical combat (sword, lance, etc) and the promotion gains access to presumably healing/white magic.

1 minute ago, Imuabicus said:

So something like a Templar or perhaps Crusader?

The base class could be something like Novice Knight (or  just "Squire" but that would not feel religious I think) which focuses on typical physical combat (sword, lance, etc) and the promotion gains access to presumably healing/white magic.

Wow; I was just making a Paladin joke. I was not expecting a response. 

Templar or Crusader works. The base class could be called something like Pilgrim. 

In general, most religious characters are clerics and monks who more like missionaries rather than knights. Catherine is the only one who truly fits the bill. Sigrun can also work, but I think her allegiance is to Sanaki as a person, not as an apostle.

13 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Actually, I'd say the two examples you gave are pretty much it. Mainly because most religions in this series are either underdeveloped or evil. Begnion and Seiros are pretty much the only "good" religions with any substance to them. Stuff like Elimine and Rausten really only exist so that Yodel and Saul / L'Arachel and her crew have a thing to be a part of. Heck, some of the series's continents, like Archanea, don't even have a named religion at all.

If you want to count KagaSaga, there's also Paramythis and Aslanne, from Berwick Saga and Vestaria Saga, respectively. But that's about all I can come up with, really.

8 hours ago, eclipse said:

If you want to go the other direction, there's Riev.

Hmmm, I guess if we do go the evil way, we could say Aversa counts too. I guess you're right, there are a few religious characters, but not a lot of named religions...I felt like there were more, though. Dorothy is kinda close, I guess haha.

7 hours ago, vanguard333 said:

I do feel that, in the future, there should really be a class to go this archetype: a knight who serves a religious figure; maybe uses swords and some kind of faith magic; be it staves, white magic, etc. Maybe name it after a bunch of cool mythical knights that served an important figure. Knights of the Round Table is way too long, so maybe something cool from Frankish Folklore... Maybe the knights that served Charlemagne...

I guess Templar would work, like one suggested. I guess I could be wrong, I just felt like there were more and this was a thing lol.

Thanks for humoring me!

On 1/26/2020 at 10:40 PM, Dylan Corona said:

I guess Templar would work, like one suggested. I guess I could be wrong, I just felt like there were more and this was a thing lol.

Thanks for humoring me!

And thank you for getting that I was making a joke. 

Yeah; something like Templar would probably work as a name for it.