Fire Emblem Heroes Representation Checklist

Von Ithipathachai

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1IADPDpDs0IguKyANi0vOwQC-NBKf-qJOPTuVkcKW63Q/edit?usp=sharing

As CYL4 voting continues, I thought now would be a great opportunity to whip up this checklist of how much each Fire Emblem game is represented in Heroes based on who can be voted on.

Some notes:

• Characters who only appear as alts or as part of a Duo Hero are only considered half-present in the game
  • No duplicate characters, i.e. versions of a character that appear in different games, particularly characters who are the same person going by different names such as Eyvel, Selena, Laslow, Odin, etc.
  • I'm considering reorganizing this list by continent and not by individual game, mainly as a possible solution to the issue of whether a character should be considered from one game or another, e.g. Eliwood being a Binding Blade character for debuting there or a Blazing Blade character for becoming properly playable there

Feel free to reply with your thoughts below.

1 hour ago, Von Ithipathachai said:

No duplicate characters, i.e. versions of a character that appear in different games, particularly characters who are the same person going by different names such as Eyvel, Selena, Laslow, Odin, etc.

The same "person" and the same "character" are not equivalent to each other and is extremely debatable. For example, most people would consider Eyvel's situation as a separate character, but there's no good objective place to draw the line.

For the purposes of being completely objective, I'd go with CYL's determination of which characters to considered the same for the purposes of combining votes and leave it at that. Plus, anyone who already knows that two characters are the same person will know to check both names.

1 hour ago, Von Ithipathachai said:

I'm considering reorganizing this list by continent and not by individual game, mainly as a possible solution to the issue of whether a character should be considered from one game or another, e.g. Eliwood being a Binding Blade character for debuting there or a Blazing Blade character for becoming properly playable there

I'd personally split characters into these categories:

• Akaneia: All characters from Shadow DragonMystery, New Shadow Dragon, and New Mystery
  • Echoes: All characters from Gaiden and Echoes except those in Akaneia.
  • Genealogy: All characters from Genealogy.
  • Thracia: All characters that are exclusive to Thracia.
  • Binding: All characters from Binding Blade except those in Blazing.
  • Blazing: All playable characters from Blazing Sword and non-playable characters from Blazing Sword that do not appear in Binding Blade.
  • Tellius: All characters from Path of Radiance and Radiant Dawn.
  • All other games are unambiguous.

My argument for splitting Binding Blade and Blazing Sword like this is for recognition purposes because Blazing Sword was localized and Binding Blade was not. Also, the overlap isn't all that big anyways. The exception for non-playable characters is to put characters like Roy, Lilina, Zephiel, Guinevere, Murdock, and Jahn under Binding instead of Blazing.