Mii Fighter Costume Ideas

Lord_Brand

Because the Smash team only has so much time and development resources, they can't put every viable character in Smash as a full-fledged fighter, so many end up as Mii costumes, giving them some kind of visual and playable representation at least. Sometimes this actually works pretty well, like in the recent examples of Sans and Cuphead, who both fit the Mii Fighter build pretty well and both of whom were accompanied by a song from their game or series. The bonus songs suggest a new trend going forward of one "premium" Mii Costume per DLC update. In this topic, we discuss characters that we could live with seeing get the Mii Fighter treatment in the event they can't make the roster as proper fighters themselves. I've got a few to start with, myself:

Cave Story - Quote and Curly Brace from Cave Story as Mii Gunners. Like Sans and Cuphead, Quote and CB fit the general Mii Fighter build, so they won't look too odd. Also like Sans and Cuphead, they'll have headmasks that cover the regular Mii head, making them look more authentic. Their bonus song would be Plantation.

Chrono Trigger - Crono and Frog would work well as Swordfighters, Marle and Lucca could be Gunners, and Robo and Ayla could be Brawlers. Crono's bonus song would of course be Chrono Trigger.

Here are a few ideas:

Megaman Battle Network:

• Colonel.exe (swordfighter)
  • Knightman.exe (brawler)

Megaman Star Force:

• Mega Man (gunner)
  • Wolf Woods (brawler)
  • Harp Note (swordfighter)
  • Rouge (swordfighter)

Fire Emblem: Three Houses:

• Rhea (brawler)
  • Edelgard (swordfighter)
  • Dimitri (swordfighter)
  • Claude (gunner)

The Legend of Zelda:

• Yuga (swordfighter)
  • Zant (gunner)
  • Byrne (brawler)
  • Deku Link (gunner)
  • Goron Link (brawler)
  • Zora Link (swordfighter)
  • Tetra (swordfighter)

I particularly like the idea of Zant specifically because I think his extended sleeve being the gun would be clever. 

Edited by vanguard333

Trials of Mana - Duran as a Mii Sword fighter or Kevin as a Mii Brawler. I have no hopes for a Seiken Densetsu character in Smash. But a Mii Fighter would be possible, or maybe a Rabi costume. Only downside is that Square-Enix in general is not very generous. 

Ryu (Breath of Fire) as a Mii sword Fighter. Capcom is giving a lot of Megaman content for Mii Fighter, but for other Series they could also give one or another Mii Fighter costume.

Fei Long Wong (Xenogears) as a Mii Brawler. If one of the DLC characters will be a Xenoblade character I would love square Enix to be nice and give the rights to use him. As they got a history together with Monolith Soft.. 

Arthur ( Ghost n' Ghouls). Just makes sense..

If we get a Character from Koei Tecmo like Ryu Hayabusa and Ayane is not a alternate skin she could be a Mii costume. 

Tales of.. Cress as a Mii Sword Fighter works really fine. We had Lloyd already in Smash 4. So I might not now if they return him as one, he is still on the possible list of newcomers.

Bravely Default. One of the characters could get a Custome to celebrate the next release. 

There surely would be more ideas, but I stop here. xD

12 minutes ago, Stroud said:

Bravely Default. One of the characters could get a Custome to celebrate the next release. 

There surely would be more ideas, but I stop here. xD

That just made me come up with some more:

Bravely Default:

• Yew Geneolgia (swordfighter)
  • Tiz Arrior (brawler)
  • Agnes Oblige (gunner)

On 1/26/2020 at 8:46 PM, Lord_Brand said:

Umm...didn't they recently announce a MMEXE costume?

Oh yeah; right. I'll remove that one from the list. 

EDIT: Here’s some more that I thought of:

Final Fantasy:

• Barret (Gunner)
  • Tifa (Brawler)
  • Sephiroth (Swordfighter)
Edited by vanguard333

• 2 weeks later...

The major weakness of mii outfits are aesthetics. They all have the same proportions - particularly being as tall as the human characters, and they also have no facial expressions when hit,  which leads me to prioritize characters whose face/eyes are obscured or would look okay as a cartoonishly large mascot sort of head to imply it's not really that character like Cuphead or Sans. I feel like there are a lot of well liked characters whose moveset potential is either too low for a fleshed out movelist, or not unique enough compared to the current roster that a Mii Costume is a great fit:

Brawler

• Kunio-Kun (big mascot head)
  • Albert Wesker (big mascot head)
  • Gene (God Hand)(big mascot head)
  • Ryo Hazuki (big mascot head)
  • Viewtiful Joe
  • Kiryu Kazuma (big mascot head)
  • Axel (streets of rage) (big mascot head)

Swordfighter

• Hollow Knight
  • Gordon Freeman 
  • Randi (secret of mana) (big mascot head)
  • Crono (big mascot head)
  • Ryu (breath of fire) (big mascot head)
  • Solaire
  • Sekiro (big mascot head)
  • Joe Musashi

Gunner

• Quote from Cave Story
  • Earthworm Jim (where the Head is the worm itself and hopefully moves around idly rather than being static)
  • G (House of the Dead) OR Wild Dog (Time Crisis)
  • Trace (Axiom Verge) (Big mascot head)
  • Neo Cortex
  • Jason Frudnick (Blaster Master) (helmet on)

Cortex as a Mii Gunner? I like that idea! How about Tawna, Coco, Crunch, and Nina as Mii Brawlers? And even though I want Crash playable, I think a Crash costume for Mii Brawler would be a hilarious reference to the old Crash commercials.

Looking at possible Spyro costumes, Agent 9 would be perfect for a Mii Gunner. Maybe Ripto could be a Swordfighter? There'd be something kinda funny about a temperamental dinosaur wizard whacking his enemies with his scepter.

Edited by Lord_Brand

Though I'd like to see Warriors of Light added as a fighter team, I also think the FF1 classes would make good Mii Costumes. Most of them probably fall under Swordfighter due to using swords or staves, while Monk is obviously Brawler.

Given how popular the Nitro Squad is, I could see them getting costumes - 15 total, in fact. They could get default and Motorsport costumes for Brawler, and their recent Space Pirate costumes for Gunner.

Edited by Lord_Brand