How do you see zodiac signs?

Corrobin

I am of the 'casual viewer' variety: I definitely do not believe that the stars decide our personalities and destinies, but I do like reading on them, partially because I like zodiac memes, and partially because I think it's an interesting breeding ground for magic systems or the like in my writing.

I am a Scorpio, by the way. How do you see the zodiac?

9 minutes ago, Corrobin said:

I am a Scorpio, by the way. How do you see the zodiac?

I also know I'm a scorpio. That's the extent to how much I care. You can only get "You will meet your true love today" so many times. Sometimes I'll see my horoscope when I go to  Tim Horton's, because they periodically have horscopes up there. They're literally never cose to right.

They're fun to look at, but I don't believe they mean anything.

The Zodiac traits for each sign are all so broad that people can latch on to one or two things and go "Yeah, that's totally me!"

I'm a Sagittarius.

Edited by Slumber

i tend to believe they don't define personalities, but they have some degree of influence

i usually can guess a person's zodiac sign by some behaviors or tendencies, but of course i'm not correct all the times, and i don't read horoscopes that much

i'm Pisces

Edited by Yexin

I do not believe them. I find it hard to connect with people who take them seriously, as it also means they are very likely to believe in conspiracy theories too. It is a fun thing to read or joke about, but I personally would not use it as a conversation starter with strangers as it would kill my first impression of the other person if it turns out the other person actually believes in them.

With a bit of perspective, they're fun. And I wouldn't put money on them being totally meaningless. Basing your dating or choice of friends on them isn't really acceptable, though.

I read them for laughs.  I prefer the Celtic zodiac if I want to follow one since it is trees which I have always liked.  I am a Cancer. Chinese zodiac I am year of the sheep. 

I follow it casually too because I find stuff like that fun! I don't really put stock into them though. Taurus's defining trait is stubbornness, and I am not particularly stubborn... I of course have my stubborn moments, but for the most part I'm a pushover and don't have much faith in my own judgement

If you think about every little thing dose have an impact on your life, knowingly or not.  So the Zodiac signs do have an effect, it may be super small, or a big impact depending on the person.

I'm Aries , also the year of the rat. I guess i won the first place signs by birthright. 

On 1/26/2020 at 10:48 PM, Corrobin said:

because I think it's an interesting breeding ground for magic systems or the like in my writing.

Agreed. I have done a few things with it, like...my affinity system...

affinities.png

Made for a FE setting, translate our months to the moons from Fodlan and all set. Note that I made this YEARS ago, so it's not perfect.

My Western Zodiac: Aries

My Eastern Zodiac: Sheep

My Affinity: Thunder

They exist. I don't follow them much, which is ironic considering that I'm pretty superstitious.

I'm also a Scorpio. Even more irony since I'm horrifically scared of scorpions.

I don't believe in them, even if I see that I have some characteristic associated with my sign.

I'm Cancer... what a strange sentence out of context, and the most memetic of all signs ! A horizontal 69 ! 😄

On 1/27/2020 at 1:14 AM, Slumber said:

They're fun to look at, but I don't believe they mean anything.

The Zodiac traits for each sign are all so broad that people can latch on to one or two things and go "Yeah, that's totally me!"

I'm a Sagittarius.

"I don't believe in astrology; I'm a Sagittarius and we're skeptical."
–Arthur C. Clarke

A quote I've seen recently.

Agreed more or less with the above sentiments. In a game or something thats using them in some way for thematics, it can be fun. Likewise, I acknowledge the role of astrology in cultivating humankind's pursuit of scientific wisdom during the premodern majority of history. But, to think distant balls of plasma, rocks, and gas spheres could play a role in the personalities and fates of human lives. -Well, Jupiter does play a role in the fate of humanity, but it's through deflecting a lot of meteors from reaching Earth via its massive size making a huge gravitational distortion, not giving me magic power in the month of June. 

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

10 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Well, Jupiter does play a role in the fate of humanity, but it's through deflecting a lot of meteors from reaching Earth via its massive size making a huge gravitational distortion, not giving me magic power in the month of June.

In the far future, anyone born and raised on Jupiter will have super strong muscles, so if they come to Earth, it will be like they have super powers. So yeah, being the child of the top-dog god can turn you into Hercules.

Edited by XRay

A professor of mine once said (outside of class) 'The moon controls the tides and the human body is 60% water, is it that hard to believe the stars could have some influence over us?' and that always kinda stuck with me. 

I use astrology more in meme than in seriousness but I would like to discover my full star chart and have a proper reading done. 

But I'm an Aquarius (Pig/Boar, Rowan, and some other celtic/gaelic sign that I CANNOT remember for the life of me) and we love conspiracy theories so 🤷🏾

On 1/29/2020 at 6:19 PM, XRay said:

In the far future, anyone born and raised on Jupiter will have super strong muscles, so if they come to Earth, it will be like they have super powers. So yeah, being the child of the top-dog god can turn you into Hercules.

They'd also be able to fly, Jupiter is a big ball of gas with nothing to stand on, anything that is born and raised there would be a tough being.

Zodiac signs huh. Naturally, you see them by watching Gundam Wing.

Also, I'm pretty sure if Jupiter is ever colonized, the colonies will be on its moons, not Jupiter itself. Pretty sure we won't go full Bespin just yet.

Nah, they won't be giants or fly... just psychic powers, mechas, and come to conquer/kill those shackled down by the bottom of the gravity well. *Zeta Gundam flashbacks* Or send in the Motorad and Angel Halo. *Victory Gundam flashbacks* If they're not killed by the Z Master or STMC first...

---

On a less more serious note, just for the record: Western sign is Deathmask of Cancer, Eastern is... well, Year of the Rooster, if that's what's used.

How many references can I cram in just one post? Beats me!

Edited by Acacia Sgt