(Solved) Wyrmsbane, Beastbane ???

Callie

1. wait.... If I change Tiki, Nowi, Panna to other class than Taguel, Manakete. Would those skills still can be activated ?

Like assasin Panna, Wyvern rider Nowi, Sage Tiki ?

2. TantivyHit rate and Avoid +10 if no allies within a 3 tile radius

Focus  Critical +10 when no allies are within a 3 tile radius

- Does pair-up count as "allies are within 3 tile radius" and the skill wont activated ?

3. Vengeance - Adds half of the user's current accrued damage to user's attack

- I dont understand this skill. It means : After I take damage from a foe, then If vengeance skill is activated, I would gain bonus damage to that foe equal to 1/2 HP I lost from that foe ?

4.Solidarity - Critical and Critical Avoid +10 to adjacent allies

- Does a aliies pair-up with a charater have this skill. Will that allies be buffed ?

Edited by Qewe

Well, I'm no Awakening Expert, but I might be able to figure some of them out..

Focus/Tantivy: I know for sure that Focus works with Pair-Up. I use this often to clear threats. Never tested with Tantivy, but it might be the same idea. (Edit: Sorry, I better specify that it only works when the unit using the skill is at 'front-row')

Vengaence:  To simplify, 50% of your lost health becomes damage (-2 HP=+1 Damage), no need to be from the specific enemy. The activation rate is really high too.

Solidarity: I had to search this one out, but I don't know for sure. Solidarity doesn't seems to work when the unit using it is in a support position ('back-row' of an pair-up). No idea if the 'back-row' character gets the bonus if the one using the skill is at 'front-row'. 

Beastbane/Wyrmsbane: No, they won't. You must be a Taguel/Manakete for the bonus...or at least that's what the wiki says.

Edited by BergelomeuSantos

16 minutes ago, BergelomeuSantos said:

1. Focus/Tantivy: I know for sure that Focus works with Pair-Up. I use this often to clear threats. Never tested with Tantivy, but it might be the same idea. (Edit: Sorry, I better specify that it only works when the unit using the skill is at 'front-row')

2. Vengaence:  To simplify, 50% of your lost health becomes damage (-2 HP=+1 Damage), no need to be from the specific enemy. The activation rate is really high too.

Solidarity: I had to search this one out, but I don't know for sure. Solidarity doesn't seems to work when the unit using it is in a support position ('back-row' of an pair-up). No idea if the 'back-row' character gets the bonus if the one using the skill is at 'front-row'. 

3. Beastbane/Wyrmsbane: No, they won't. You must be a Taguel/Manakete for the bonus...or at least that's what the wiki says.

thank you..

and about taguel and manakete .. it is really sad @@

13 minutes ago, LoneStar said:

I just tested this on my game and my Sage Tiki was still taking effective damage from a Wyrmslayer

So... You mean Tiki as Sage still count her as a manakete. The Wyrmsbane  skill will still activated ?

3 hours ago, Qewe said:

So... You mean Tiki as Sage still count her as a manakete. The Wyrmsbane  skill will still activated ?

Sorry I misunderstood the question. They have to be in the Taguel or Manakete class to activate those skills.

6 hours ago, BergelomeuSantos said:

Focus/Tantivy: I know for sure that Focus works with Pair-Up. I use this often to clear threats. Never tested with Tantivy, but it might be the same idea. (Edit: Sorry, I better specify that it only works when the unit using the skill is at 'front-row')

Vengaence:  To simplify, 50% of your lost health becomes damage (-2 HP=+1 Damage), no need to be from the specific enemy. The activation rate is really high too.

Beastbane/Wyrmsbane: No, they won't. You must be a Taguel/Manakete for the bonus...or at least that's what the wiki says.

2 hours ago, LoneStar said:

Sorry I misunderstood the question. They have to be in the Taguel or Manakete class to activate those skills.

So we change  taguel, manakete to others class to learn skill, then we should turn them back to their tanguel,manakete form , right ?

1 hour ago, Qewe said:

So we change  taguel, manakete to others class to learn skill, then we should turn them back to their tanguel,manakete form , right ?

Manaketes have pretty good benefits from being in their base class due to having 1-2 range is very good stat boosts from the Dragonstone+, but the Taguel class is locked to 1 range, 6 movement, and a mediocre weapon. It's usually recommended to take Panne out of Taguel and into the Wyvern Rider line, and Yarne into something his Father passes down (or Wyvern). That said, Taguel is definitely usable if you really need it's Cavalry effectiveness, although Cavalry enemies usually are either frail enough to not need effectiveness, or too bulky for a Taguel to one-round even with effectiveness due to a lack of WTA and mediocre overall Strength.

So, in short, Manaketes can and usually should go back to their Manakete class, and Taguels should usually stay away from it.

And yeah Wyrmsbane and Beastbane only work while in Manakete or Taguel respectively. Neither skill is too widely useful once you get to more complex skill combinations and should mostly be equipped as needed, if they're even in Manakete/Taguel.

Edited by Emerson

10 hours ago, Captain Karnage said:

In the 3DS games changing a character's class doesn't remove their dragon/beast weaknesses 

thank you.. omg .... poor them, especially taguel.... cause beast killer item can replace taguel anytime... 

10 hours ago, Emerson said:

Manaketes have pretty good benefits from being in their base class due to having 1-2 range is very good stat boosts from the Dragonstone+, but the Taguel class is locked to 1 range, 6 movement, and a mediocre weapon. It's usually recommended to take Panne out of Taguel and into the Wyvern Rider line, and Yarne into something his Father passes down (or Wyvern). That said, Taguel is definitely usable if you really need it's Cavalry effectiveness, although Cavalry enemies usually are either frail enough to not need effectiveness, or too bulky for a Taguel to one-round even with effectiveness due to a lack of WTA and mediocre overall Strength.

So, in short, Manaketes can and usually should go back to their Manakete class, and Taguels should usually stay away from it.

And yeah Wyrmsbane and Beastbane only work while in Manakete or Taguel respectively. Neither skill is too widely useful once you get to more complex skill combinations and should mostly be equipped as needed, if they're even in Manakete/Taguel.

that is very detail. i think Im  understand about Wyrmsbane, Beastbane and their own class now. thank you very much