Fire Emblem: The Lonely Mirror [Completed]

caladrius

Oh my gosh!! I made an account on this forum just to congratulate the amazing work of this FE hack!

For advertising sake, I knew this game through YouTube, channel of the guy was Epholo something, for reference 🙂

What can I say so far? The intellectual work is spectacular! It feels like it's made in the mindset of the Fire Emblems, it replicates it so well it feels like it could've made by the official staff. Not only that, but it does add the creator's creativity in it, both the storytelling and the gameplay things. The vibe I get from gameplay is a bit of innovation (Hello? Runes! And that's not the only innovation 😉) but mostly things we've seen in newer Fire Emblems that appear formatted into the GBA, like the different elements in magic, throwing knives, some classes, etc.

Currently, perfectionist old me rage quit since I don't want losses (deaths) in the final log and I want the legit save file (no back-ups, no rewind) and I tend to also want low-ish turn count so ... yeah. I'll pick it up when my head is cooler and maybe loosen up with the performance mania!

I also like to point out minor mistakes since this game does get patched often. I won't be one to complain about gameplay factors, just corrections. I may post in the future more, but right now I (sort of) remember two:

-The rapier (and/or?) Milarepa weapons on the R information state they're effective against "calvary". I think I saw the spelling right on longswords and other effective weaponry

-I think I'm right about this one, I'm sure there's a rune (drain rune/bright rune) that has the display info off, says power is 1 more/less than it actually is. I remember bright and drain rune stating the same attack power but one dealt 1 point more of damage than the other and am sure it wasn't against a triangle advantage scenario

-(EDIT) Oh yes, in chapter 2 there's a mage asking you if he should study dark/light magic. If you skip pressing start, the screen goes black but you can hear the option choosing sounds, you have the menu to choose up but you can't see what you're doing. Goes back to normal if you choose something with A

That's that for now!

Edited by Haruka
Added a bug I forgot about

• 3 months later...
  • Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok so i'm a fire emblem rom hack player, i created this account around 2016 but it's about the first time i use it to comment on a rom hack, i really enjoyed playing this game it was difficult and made me think a lot, i would say this is one of my favorites along with Bloodlines and "Midnight Sun" that it became an indie game, the ending left me a little bit dissapointed, there's room for improvement here, the epilogue actually made me feel a little bit dissapointed, but everything else for me it was on point, i feel like the character development could use some work, there are place holders for conversations which made me understand that the game is still in development and that there might be improvements in the future, so i'll be subbing to the topic and checking it from time to time to replay it when there's new stuff aboard since this game has replayability and lot of our choises give us different kind of allies/units/tools/weapons i ve not checked if we can get different endings but i was excited to check the paired characters and just a little bit dissapointed didn't appear in the epilogue if you had Support in A, i feel like this is a must, however i read the notes of the paired ones and how they ended which is ok, i'm talking about  main characters like Leah,Boone,Joseph even characters like winifred, caden, queenie which i think should of have some sort of appeareance in case you paired the unit like boone x queenie i kind of was expecting a good event after i saw boone in town. overall i'm satisfied with what this game had to offer but it could ve improved in many ways.

Devante is gonna give my actual nightmares at night.