Fire Emblem: The Lonely Mirror [Completed]

caladrius

Just started playing this romhack and I've been thoroughly enjoying it so far! I'm going into it blind, so I'm glad I got to Parvati's village in time.

Anyways,  I noticed after getting Parvati that the Runeseeker's class description is just "Runeseeker." Did you forget to give it a description, or was that on purpose?image.png.9b1253030cdf0413dc024bad5f6d829d.png

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

21 hours ago, Arvaxhi said:

Wow! This hack is near completion! I would like to congratulate you for a job well done! The story is great and the characters are memorable!

Yes! The main story of this hack is very near completion. I will still need to refine Hard Mode as well as write many more support conversations. Thank you for checking this ROM hack out. It's cool knowing people are playing it. 

1 hour ago, Evalko said:

Just started playing this romhack and I've been thoroughly enjoying it so far! I'm going into it blind, so I'm glad I got to Parvati's village in time.

Anyways,  I noticed after getting Parvati that the Runeseeker's class description is just "Runeseeker." Did you forget to give it a description, or was that on purpose?

No, it wasn't intentional to leave the description as such. I believe I forgot to update the description mapping, which is an easy correction. The text should read: "Researchers traveling the world in search of lost magic. Equip Runes."

Glad you are enjoying the hack so far. There is a lot of content. Let me know your experience with Parvati as a unit. I found her pretty fun to use; though, it does require some exploring on the maps. Note, the runes will drop in rather large areas, so you won't be looking for a specific tile.

1 minute ago, caladrius said:

Note, the runes will drop in rather large areas, so you won't be looking for a specific tile.

Oh, thanks so much for telling me that. I was having Parvati walk from tile to tile, lmao. That spares me a lot of time that would be wasted otherwise.

8 minutes ago, Evalko said:

Oh, thanks so much for telling me that. I was having Parvati walk from tile to tile, lmao. That spares me a lot of time that would be wasted otherwise.

The rune drop areas are rather generous, but it might require traversing the map with Parvati to get the pickups. There are between 1 and 3 rune drops on a given level. Here is an example of what you will expect under the Spoiler. This is Chapter 5's map with the rune locations.

Spoiler

chapter5_runes.png.1598dc9c58d539d67594751b37daee1c.png

• 3 weeks later...
13 hours ago, Gierk5k said:

Como mejoro a Lael

I am not certain I understand the context of your question. Are you comparing Lael to Kathryn? Do you believe Lael's stats seem low for a "promoted unit?" Lael is actually not a promoted unit. She will have a promotion available very late in the game. The other healers, Ariel and Kathryn, have way better availability, which is why Lael has staves and magic to start. All three units are useful in their own way.

11 hours ago, caladrius said:

No estoy seguro de entender el contexto de su pregunta. ¿Estás comparando a Lael con Kathryn? ¿Crees que las estadísticas de Lael parecen bajas para una "unidad promovida"? Lael en realidad no es una unidad promovida. Tendrá una promoción disponible muy tarde en el juego. Los otros curanderos, Ariel y Kathryn, tienen una disponibilidad mucho mejor, por lo que Lael tiene bastones y magia para comenzar. Las tres unidades son útiles a su maneralael es grandiosa y muy bien equilibrada.. He estado como promoverla pero si promueve mas adelante no hay drama.. Como he promovido a la mayoría solo me inquieto no mas gracias por tu atencion

11 hours ago, caladrius said:

No estoy seguro de entender el contexto de su pregunta. ¿Estás comparando a Lael con Kathryn? ¿Crees que las estadísticas de Lael parecen bajas para una "unidad promovida"? Lael en realidad no es una unidad promovida. Tendrá una promoción disponible muy tarde en el juego. Los otros curanderos, Ariel y Kathryn, tienen una disponibilidad mucho mejor, por lo que Lael tiene bastones y magia para comenzar. Las tres unidades son útiles a su manera...

Giergie

lael es grandiosa y muy bien equilibrada.. He estado como promoverla pero si promueve mas adelante no hay drama.. Como he promovido a la mayoría solo me inquieto no mas gracias por tu atencion

I think his question was how can he improve lael, by the way this new release was amazing😍 I really congratulate you for this incredible story I enjoyed it a lot! Can't wait for the next and finale release for this game! Love it! My favorites ones are liang and the promotion of myles, they are ass kicking👏🏻

14 hours ago, Le0v1j1l said:

I think his question was how can he improve lael, by the way this new release was amazing😍 I really congratulate you for this incredible story I enjoyed it a lot! Can't wait for the next and finale release for this game! Love it! My favorites ones are liang and the promotion of myles, they are ass kickin

Hey!! I am happy that you enjoyed the most recent release. I also have fun playing it when I do. I recently found Liang to be a very strong unit if you put some effort into him; just need to patch up his strength. Myles is probably a contender for best sword unit in the game. Almost too good not to use.

Lael will have a very late promotion, but I am hoping it will be worth the wait. I am anticipating her final class to be borderline overpowered in the last couple of chapters.

Well, I have a question. Does Roxie automatically join in part 2 or she needs to be recruited like in part 1: have someone stepped on some tiles to get her? If that 's the case I think I already missed the chance, I am on chapter 14 btw.

7 hours ago, skywalker said:

Well, I have a question. Does Roxie automatically join in part 2 or she needs to be recruited like in part 1: have someone stepped on some tiles to get her? If that 's the case I think I already missed the chance, I am on chapter 14 btw.

Unfortunately, you did miss her. Roxie will only show up in Part 2 if you find her in Part 1 and she survives. She can be found in Chapter 5. As long as you have Atticus open the chest nearest the player placement, you will find her.

1 hour ago, caladrius said:

Unfortunately, you did miss her. Roxie will only show up in Part 2 if you find her in Part 1 and she survives. She can be found in Chapter 5. As long as you have Atticus open the chest nearest the player placement, you will find her.

Oh no, you misunderstand me. I already recruited her in Part 1 and she survives. I see her joining time in part 2 is same as Silvan (already got him though) according to .pdf file you provided, I might be wrong but I wonder if she will show up later or before that?

Edited by skywalker

38 minutes ago, skywalker said:

Oh no, you misunderstand me. I already recruited her in Part 1 and she survives. I see her joining time in part 2 is same as Silvan (already got him though) according to .pdf file you provided, I might be wrong but I wonder if she will show up later or before that?

So Roxie's early recruitment is tied to Liang's. If Liang was recruited and survived in Part 1, you are given a choice on Ch 11 when you visit the house near initial player placement. If you choose the Bow, Liang is recruited in Ch 11. If you choose the Tome, Roxie is recruited automatically in Ch 12 when the door is opened.

Otherwise, Roxie is recruited at her default rejoin time on Chapter 22 by entering the northern sandbar with a flying unit. You will be given a hint of this by Joseph in the dialogue.

Well, I 've come to another difficult choice between Tanya and Wanda, both girls are cute btw. I will put it in spoiler tag then

Spoiler

If I choose Talford I will get Wanda, otherwise I will go with Tanya so do I still have a chance to recruit the other girl later?

9 hours ago, skywalker said:

another difficult choice between Tanya and Wanda,

I have responded to your Ch 17 questions in the spoiler box below. I hope this helps.

Spoiler

Only one of Tanya or Wanda are recruited in a single playthrough. This is sort of like the Deen/Sonya or Harken/Karel choices. There isn't a wrong choice here. I think either girl can fit nicely on any team. 

• Wanda is very defensive and with great avoid, so I find her great at baiting enemies as well as having all the benefits of a mounted unit.
  • Tanya is more of a glass cannon style of mage. She hits hard and pretty accurate, even with thunder magic. 

The choice also sends the player to different maps: Ruby or Burga or Sapphire of Burga. Both maps are fun; though, Sapphire of Burga is a little more difficult.

46 minutes ago, caladrius said:

I have responded to your Ch 17 questions in the spoiler box below. I hope this helps.

Hide contents

Only one of Tanya or Wanda are recruited in a single playthrough. This is sort of like the Deen/Sonya or Harken/Karel choices. There isn't a wrong choice here. I think either girl can fit nicely on any team. 

• Wanda is very defensive and with great avoid, so I find her great at baiting enemies as well as having all the benefits of a mounted unit.
  • Tanya is more of a glass cannon style of mage. She hits hard and pretty accurate, even with thunder magic. 

The choice also sends the player to different maps: Ruby or Burga or Sapphire of Burga. Both maps are fun; though, Sapphire of Burga is a little more difficult.

Aw man, I thought I could get both but well I am satisfied with my choice. I like damage dealers more than defenders so I go with Tanya (She is cute btw). Thank you for the replies, buddy. Your hack is awesome.

12 hours ago, skywalker said:

Aw man, I thought I could get both but well I am satisfied with my choice. I like damage dealers more than defenders so I go with Tanya (She is cute btw).

Tanya is great, and yes, she is cute. She also is really your only chance to use thunder magic in the game until Ch 29 (unreleased); this excluded Parvati using Bolt Runes and/or her Scholar promotion. You can always try out Wanda next time.

12 hours ago, skywalker said:

Thank you for the replies, buddy. Your hack is awesome.

You're welcome. I am happy to answer any questions. Also, thanks! It has certainly been a lot of work for a solo project. I am happy to know that others can enjoy playing this hack too.

• 4 weeks later...
On 8/17/2020 at 3:57 PM, caladrius said:

She returns late, but she does eventually return. She rejoins at the start of Ch 23.

Ah damn I fed her most of my stat boosters hoping I could have a broken flier in the mid-game since I'm playing on hard mode. I don't recommend hard mode there's nearly capped (promoted)enemies before half your team can even promote its insane but I'm pushing through

Edited by Nigh7wolf24

On 8/24/2020 at 4:13 AM, Nigh7wolf24 said:

Ah damn I fed her most of my stat boosters hoping I could have a broken flier in the mid-game since I'm playing on hard mode. I don't recommend hard mode there's nearly capped (promoted)enemies before half your team can even promote its insane but I'm pushing through

Hard Mode is the next thing I am going to be releasing and will be available September 2020. Hard Mode was never tested before, so I alway recommend Normal Mode.

Initially, I was planning on getting one completed path completed (normal), but I am finding most people default to playing hard mode despite warning, and I get a lot of messages about it. Hard Mode should be way more fair very soon. 

I have had a lot of people asking me for Hard Mode, so I have focused the last two months revamping and balancing this difficulty. With that said, I would like to officially really Hard Mode of The Lonely Mirror. There are also new chapters and characters added to this release. FE_LonelyMirror_v5_0.ups is in the Dropbox link. Enjoy!

Enhancements/Updates from Feedback:

• Bishop has been buffed to use Seraphim, a class specific light tome that is super effective against monsters.
  • Revised/updated some characters portraits.
  • Ironed out some bugs and/or glitchy areas.

Feature Update:

• Re-balance of Normal Mode (made slightly easier).
  • Complete overhaul and testing of Hard Mode (difficult but fair). For those who like a challenge.
  • Added 4 new playable characters - with two of the characters (Riley and Sterling) being exclusive to Hard Mode.
  • Added a branching Chapter 14 that is exclusive to Hard Mode. The option is unlocked by visiting the tavern on Chapter 13. I enjoy this map. :slight_smile:
  • Two new additional playable chapters that continue the story: Chapter 28 and Chapter 29.
  • More supports! (see below).
  • New promotion class: Phoenix Knight.

Supports:
The following support conversations have been completed. More to come.

• Boone x Leah
  • Boone x Queenie
  • Caspian x Tanya
  • Myles x Winifred
  • Myles x Joseph
  • Ariel x Saoirse
  • Travis x Rob
  • Silvan x Ozias
  • Noelle x Liang
  • Joseph x Wise
  • Helga x Faith
  • Benji x Kurtis
  • Parvati x Tanya
  • Wanda x Vergil
  • Atticus x Brett
  • Atticus x Liang
  • Eamon x Kathryn
  • Leah x Caden
  • Grant x Vergil
  • Riley x Sterling

Recruitment:
For those who want information on the new character recruitments.

Spoiler

Riley - On Hard Mode, visit the tavern in Chapter 13 to unlock alternate ending dialog. Choose to find another way into Burga to unlock Chapter 14: Distant Thunder. Talk to Riley with Boone, Myles, Caspian, Ariel, or Silvan to recruit (Chapter 14B)
Sterling - On Hard Mode, talk with Queenie (Chapter 20)
Tarin - automatic join (Chapter 28)
Edith - automatic join (Chapter 29)

Screenshots:

screen25.thumb.png.692f054762ece5f3f09424af32bee6e1.png  screen27.thumb.png.670141d89a933e68f2265aeaa3636291.png

screen28.thumb.png.186612e212f6c488a19a16a008aefd9d.png  screen26.thumb.png.64aa27382709f18d787db557ad1a8754.png

• 2 weeks later...

Hey, just wanted to say that I've been playing on hard mode and have really been enjoying this hack. Given that there's only a few chapters left I might wait until it's done before doing a complete playthrough - I just passed chapter 15, missed recruiting Riley, and kind of want to start over (don't have a save file from before chapter 13 within the tavern.)

Can I suggest that for the full release, it'd be nice if you consolidate a list of missables under a spoiler tag? Something like secret shop locations, missable recruitments (I didn't even realize I didn't have Liang until I read some of the comments)? Thanks for the great hack!