caladrius

Fire Emblem: The Lonely Mirror [Completed]

On 3/26/2021 at 5:22 PM, Chairman Meow said:

I'll definitely give this a try once I have more free time. Is hard mode still not balanced?

All the difficulties should be a good state if playing the latest build. I will be still releasing patches that improve the balance and reinforcements.

I realized I forgot to update this thread on a new update to The Lonely Mirror earlier this month. A new update is available: FE_LonelyMirror_FullGame_v2_05. The focus of this update is quality of life improvements, updates to enemy placements, rebalancing, more supports, side quests, and bug fixings and text improvement.

Quality of Life Improvements:

• Now will show available Talk conversations on map when selecting a unit.
  • Now will show super-effective warning when selecting a unit.
  • Displays enemy movement range, so now it is easy to determine stationary enemies.

Portrait Updates:

All playable characters have had their portraits cleaned up and improved. Some colors were modified to work better. Here’s Queenie! Bonus points to anyone who spots a difference.

screen34.png.4f239ae8c9e421fbb8f6d3a5355fbc85.png

New Class:

Bow Knights have been added. They have been added to several maps as enemy units.

Major Chapter Updates:

• Ch20 will now allow Sterling to be recruited on any difficulty.
  • Ch23 (desert map) has had the enemy spawn reduced and is no longer infinite. The objective of the map has changed into Talk within 20 turns.
  • Chapter 24 will no longer have ambushes on the houses. More enemies will be placed on the map at the start.
  • Chapter 25 will provide an additional turn to save Ozias.
  • Chapter 30 has reduced enemy spawn. Enemies spawns are still infinite but they are weaker and not as often. Enemies will now always provide EXP, so you can grind if you choose; it’s so late in the game, it won’t matter much.
  • Chapter 31 has reduced enemy spawn.
  • Other maps have received minor changes of placements, but nothing too significant.

Rebalancing:

• Silvan: nerf to resistance stat. It should now be almost non-existent.
  • Saoirse: changed promotion options to Hero and Trickster.
  • Grant and Rob now promote into Great Knight instead of Halberdier.
  • Ozias: Now joins as a level 18 soldier with about the same stats. Can now be utilized as a Silver Paladin.
  • Eamon: Boosts to bass stats (power, luck, and res)
  • Sterling: Boost to resistance
  • Benji: Boosts to base stats (power and skill)
  • Helga: Improved constitution.
  • Snipers no longer have Sure Strike. They already have access to Longbows and Critical Boost. Sure Strike was moved to Rangers instead.
  • Bolting now has improved power, reduced critical hit, and reduced range.

New Supports Written:

• Joseph x Queenie
  • Saoirse x Riley
  • Silvan x Riley
  • Noelle x Saoirse
  • Rob x Shiloh
  • Silvan x Liang

Noteworthy Bug Fixes:

• Removed the battle scene on Ch25 that was causing crashes for some people. I couldn’t reproduce it on my end, so I got rid of it.
  • Witch now receives promotional gains.
  • Updated how the wall kills units in Ch30. Game over will not happen if Boone or Lael is squished.

New Characters & Side Quests:
A rival Secret Shop is now available and run by new character, Mercer. He’s got some fun dialogue.

Mercer_LonelyMirror.png.db74c6410c69f231ae3a307d90131cb5.png

Mercer is first met on Chapter 9 by visiting the southern house with a current member of the White Lions (Boone, Travis, Winifred, or Caspian) and will welcome you to his Secret Shop. Mercer will sell you a mystery item for 1000 gold. If a deal is made, Mercer will show up again in various red houses throughout the game to sell mystery items. Funding his store could lead to nice rewards later in the game. Mercer will always spoil Anna’s Secret Shop location out of spite for anyone having difficulty locating them.

I don’t want to spoil too much else, but I have also written some additional character development for Caspian, Winifred, Travis, Shiloh, and Astoria that can be encountered on Maddening only. I will leave it at that.

New Playable Units:

Two new playable units have been added to Maddening difficulty only. Each unit has their own special Gaiden style map to unlock.

I guess that I will have to wait until all of the support conversations are completed before playing this game. What a shame, I was really looking forward to this game.

Wow just wow. Logged 50 hours on this game and enjoyed every single second of it. A bit of spelling errors here and there but nothing game changing or game breaking. The unique events, different objectives, anima triangle, everything was just amazing, add ons after add ons, felt like an entirely different fe game. Maddening was a bit brutal for me but other than that amazing 11/10 hack thank you for sharing this.

On 10/6/2021 at 11:02 PM, SaminBBall said:

Wow just wow. Logged 50 hours on this game and enjoyed every single second of it. A bit of spelling errors here and there but nothing game changing or game breaking. The unique events, different objectives, anima triangle, everything was just amazing, add ons after add ons, felt like an entirely different fe game. Maddening was a bit brutal for me but other than that amazing 11/10 hack thank you for sharing this.

Thanks for your kind words. I am happy you had fun with it. 😄