Create a Fighter and Moveset (Revival Thread 2)

vanguard333

36 minutes ago, Jotari said:

Challenge accepted. Before I start I'll note that in English his sword is called the Brotherhood. You called in Fraternity in your moveset, which I'm guessing is what it's called in other translations as it's basically the same name.

Name: Tidus

Default outfit: His Final Fantasy X appearance

Alternate Outfits: Shuyin!, a black hair alt from the first Final Fantasy X demo, topless alt, because this is Super Smash Bros damnit!

Gimmick: Haste: Tidus's speed increases the longer he is alive. He starts out as actually a rather slow an awkward character, about on par with Shulk, but his speed raises in stages every fifteen seconds, reaching a max level after one minute without losing a stock (upon losing a stock he resets to his base speed). By which point he's more comparable to Sonic only with more range and slightly more power. Every time it goes up a stage, a red clock like animation goes over Tidus like Haste in Final Fantasy X. At the highest level, after a minute, Tidus also gets mild water hitboxes extending from his sword attacks that push back enemies he doesn't quite manage to hit. Like in Final Fantasy X, even his idle animation is sped up by this attack. I also like this gimmick, as it sort of reflects Tidus's growth as a character over the course of Final Fantasy X (and to a lesser extent his growth as a warrior, it doesn't get much focus in the, but he is notciable a novice at the start of the game unlike a lot of Final Fantasy protagonists, one reference to this in game would be how he learns his Overdrives by constantly using them).

Normals

Hide contents

Jab: A three hit combo. The first two hits are close slashes, but the third is a rush resembling the first hit of his Sonic Buster attack in DIssidia. Covers good distance, but leaves Tidus unnaturally open for a jab combo.

Side Tilt: A two hit sword combo.

Down Tilt: A slide like many characters have, seems like it'd be a natural fit for him even if I don't think he ever does anything like it. Even though he's not directly using his sword, this attack still has a water hit box at max level Haste.

Up Tilt: A rising slash attack that puts Tidus in the air slightly. If it connects with an opponent, it can be comboed into an aerial.

Dash: His standard Final Fantasy X attack.

Side Smash: Tidus throws a blitzball forward like he does in Dissidia (which in turn is based around Wakka's throwing animation). Not very powerful as far as Side Smashes go, but quite easy to aim and travels pretty far (for a Smash attack). If you aim downwards at the ground, the ball will ricochet and bounce upwards.

Up Smash: Tidus spiral jumps upwards and kicks a Blitz Ball. Much more powerful than his side smash, but is launched at an awkward angle that makes it hard to connect with. Opponents standing close to Tidus can be pulled up with the initial spiral jump.

Down Smash: Tidus holds a Blitzball while he charges and then punts it, similar to his normal shooting animation while playing Blitzball. Easier to hit with than his up smash, but cannot be aimed like his Side Smash. Travels the furthest of all his Smash attacks.

Air Attacks: Don't have the game on me right now to research and reference attacks by name, but suffice to say, most of his aerial attacks would be based on his various basic bravery attacks from Dissidia. Like Bayonetta, he will also be able to combo his neutral and side aerials, though unlike her it's just a simple two hit combo. Overall his air game is quite strong, and utilizing his swift multi hit attacks will be key to getting kills for him.

Up Throw:

Forward Throw: Tidus slashes his opponent away an then quickly throws a Blitzball at them.

Back Throw: Tidus tosses his opponent upwards and then kicks them with a backflip, like in his animation for Sphere Shot.

Down Throw: Tidus tosses his opponent downwards and impales

Specials

Hide contents

Neutral Special: Slowga: Tidus performs his spell casting animation from Final Fantasy X and shoots an orb of magic similar to the animation that appears over a character that has slow cast on them in Final Fantasy X. Enemies hit with this orb receive reduced movement speed which lasts an amount of time proportional to how much damage they've taken. Despite not dealing any damage, this is a very useful move for Tidus to use to set up a kill.

Side Special:Spiral Cut: Tidus performs a powerful four hit combo consisting of backflips and a final heavy hit. This attack moves Tidus quite a bit, about on par with Fox's side special (and at max level haste it isn't much slower than that attack. Once it is initiated, Tidus cannot cancel the move, leaving him quite open. If performed in the air, Tidus will move forward in the first three strikes, but the forth, heavy strike, he will slam down from the air like Ike's aether. This is a pretty unconventional trajectory for an attack that could surprise opponents.

Up Special: Energy Rain: Tidus kicks forward, if he connects with an opponent, he will leap away and shoot a rain of energy at his opponent. Technically it is a grab move. As a recovery, it works most like Ganondorf's Dark Dive. Even though Tidus has strong air game, this is not a strong recovery. Unlike Dark Dive, however, Tidus can use this attack to leap off the stage. If successfully performed on the stage, there will not be a follow up energy wave unless you hold the button. If performed on an enemy, TIdus can use the attack again, but not if it is performed on the stage.

Down Special: Evade and Counter: Tidus performs a back hop similar to Bayonetta's Witch Time. If enemies attacked Tidus while he'd dodging, he will automatically counter attack with his sword.

Final Smash: Blitz Ace: One of those final smashes that brings the enemy to a new area and has him do the animation. Flashy, but not all that exciting as an actual attack.

To sum up, a gimmick that makes him more powerful via his speed the longer he is alive, with the max level giving him an extra water pushing effect on his sword attacks. Smashes that involve throwing a blitzball that aren't powerful, but are effective for spacing. Multi hit aerial moves. Specials that are based on his Overdrives, plus Slowga to slow enemies down and a counter (couldn't think of any way to implement Hit and Run given it's just a bunch of generic attacks). His weaknesses involve a not great vertical recovery, despite having powerful air game that encourages him to get off the stage, and a bit slow without the power to back it up at the start of a match. To play Tidus, a character needs to know what they're doing and survive his lower haste levels, while still be experienced enough with him to make use of the added speed and power at his higher levels.

really nice moveset, i like the idea of having Haste as his personal mechanic (i don't even want to imagine how someone fighting Tidus must feel when caught by Slowgan and Tidus is at max Haste level), and his side smash sounds really good for stopping various recovery options

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I whipped together a moveset for a only-in-my-dreams Smash addition named Haken Browning. The sometime bounty hunter, adventurer, and playboy from Super Robot Taisen: OG Saga Endless Frontier.:

Spoiler

Mugen-no-Frontier-Haken-Browning.jpg

I chose to write up a moveset for him, because I doubt anyone else ever has, or at least not as often as half-million other characters. And I like him.

General Details:

• Haken uses a spiked & bayonetted assault rifle- Nightfowl. A revolver with a laser mode- the Longtomb Special. And some explosive playing cards.
  • Belonging to Banpresto, Haken is an original character from the Super Robot Wars franchise, a franchise which for reasons of being too big, cannot fit any of its normal representatives into Smash.
  • Fortunately, the Endless Frontier features a few downsized versions of the mecha which Banpresto has created.
    • Among these is the “Phantom” as Haken and others call it, although its real name is “Gespenst” (German for "ghost"). For the sake of avoiding confusion with the thing Zelda uses in her Down Special, I will refer to it from here on out as the Gespenst.
      • Haken can summon the Gespenst as he wills it, using it for attacks in Endless Frontier. As can anyone else, but the Gespenst is distinctly bond to him.
      • The Gespenst is the second-oldest original robot Banpresto has created, losing to the Cybuster, Granzon, and Valsion. Nonetheless, it is “classic” Super Robot Wars, circa 1992. And is thus a good pick for a single mech to represent the entire long-lived franchise.
  • In order to truly represent his overall franchise, Haken has the Gespenst as part of his Smash arsenal. In a capacity similar to Zelda's use of her phantom.
    • I was considering adding in the Weissritter Abend and Alteisen Nacht as well, but nah, that'd be one too many resources in this fantasyland idea.

Image of the typical black Gespenst like Haken's:

Spoiler

gespensthaken.jpg

Haken's Gameplay Profile:

Spoiler
  • Mechanics:
    • Haken is a little heavy, and jumps slightly below average, but falls slower than normal.
    • Haken’s walking speed is above average, but his running speed is slow.
    • For Haken’s Throws and Smashes, it is possible to cancel any of them at any time by using a another Smash, and it can be the same as the one current being executed.
    • During the execution of a Throw (but not during the Grab or Pummel) or Smash, it is possible to summon the Gespenst, whilst not ending the Throw/Smash attack.
  • "Role":
    • Haken is all about offense, with a real preference for the ground. The individual hits of his attacks aren’t necessarily the strongest, but the sheer quantity of hits means you won’t be walking away unscathed if you get caught in his assault.
      • As there isn't an invisible wall in Smash for enemies propelled by his hits to bounce back against, Haken can send enemies flying too, even if it means his combo game isn't as strong as in EF.
    • Free-flowing combos of little kicks and punches aren’t something Haken does. Instead, his Smashes and Throws in themselves are combos.
      • Nonetheless, the ability to cancel into another Smash midway through is there to enable the mixing of his attacks.
      • And it references the ability to prematurely cancel skills so they can flow into each other in the Endless Frontier games.
    • With a gun-heavy arsenal, Haken is a veritable projectile machine! But he doesn’t necessary want to keep enemies away.
      • His Aerials (barring the backwards) and the Tilts are good for ranged hits to chip the enemy from afar.
      • And yet, the real damage comes from Smashes and Throws, which requires Haken gets close to his opponent.
    • The Gespenst provides Haken with a source of strong projectiles. And, it can do its thing as Haken turns and does his own, a touch of Rosalina & Luma/Ice Climbers.
      • The ability to summon the Gespenst whilst in the middle of a Smash/Throw and not cancel it alludes to the Assist and Support Attacks of Endless Frontier, carried over via Solo Units into Project X Zone. When you summon an Assist, the summon will attack as you continue to do so (or not if you don’t want to) without interruption to your assault.
      • This feature enables longer combos too, which of course is good for damage.
    • Weaknesses:
      • Sluggishness combined with true strength up close, locked into attacks that are long in execution, means those with agility and or range can work around Haken.
      • Slow descent rate and below average recovery make Haken vulnerable in the air.
      • Does he need something like a mandatory cooldown period banning the use of Smashes and Throws after using one and not canceling into another before it ends? It'd discourage willy-nilly Smash spamming if they whiff and an opponent moves in.

And now, the attacks. For the  Specials, Aerials, Smashes, and Throws, I use a lot of .gifs borrowing the entirety of Haken's Endless Frontier moveset to showcase what the attacks would look like, it's easier to comprehend that way.

Specials:

Spoiler

Neutral- Neutron Blaster (also called the Mega Blaster)

• Summons the Gespenst in the direction Haken is facing. It then releases the wide Neutron Blaster beam from its chest, dealing multiple hits of moderate damage straight ahead.
  • The Neutron Blaster is slow to fire, and it can optionally be charged a little by holding the Special button, increasing the damage and duration by no more than maybe 33%.

Down- Gespenst Kick:

• Summons the Gespenst, which appears a distance above and behind Haken. The Gespenst dives down like the Falcon and Warlock Kicks, with a similar hitbox. It lands and vanishes on the ground two or three character-lengths in front of Haken where he was upon summoning.
    • If no ground, the Gespenst will continue a distance not exceeding its head dipping below where Haken’s feet would have been at the moment it was summoned.
  • This deals a single hit of heavy damage and knockback.

Gif of Neutron Blaster & Gespenst Kick:

giphy.gif

Side- Grand Slash Rippers:

• Summons the Gespenst to throw two large Slash Rippers in the direction Haken is facing.
  • The Slash Rippers deal multiple hits of small damage, and boomerang back to the spot where Gespenst was summoned before disappearing.
  • If there is an enemy directly in front of the Gespenst, it will be summoned performing a slight jump with a downward slash of the Plasma Slicer sword, which it shall then twirl quickly for a second.
    • The Plasma Slicer deals light damage over multiple hits and is immediately followed with the aforementioned Slash Rippers.

Gif of Grand Slash Rippers:

giphy.gif

Up- Jet Magnum:

Jet Magnum activates the plasma stakes on the Gespenst’s fists and it charges ahead, ready to punch.

• On the ground,
    • Haken summons the Gespenst in the direction which he is facing.
    • This attack had a large hit box about the height of the Gespenst, you can be ducking and still take the pain and knockback from it.
  • In the air,
    • Haken summons the Gespenst, Haken stands on the Gespenst’s shoulder not facing the game's screen.
    • The Gespenst will charge ahead a distance at an upwards angle, whichever the control stick is tilted towards. If the control stick is not tilted, it shall be in the direction Haken is facing when the Gespenst is summoned.
    • Haken becomes vulnerable to attacks whilst standing on the Gespenst after a moment.
    • The hitbox of the aerial Jet Magnum differs from ground to be a 100* arc around the Gespenst’s face.
    • There are friends of Haken who do a bunch of jumping, but he doesn’t. So I kinda needed to get creative with his recovery move.
  • Shared Qualities of Ground and Air:
    • The Gespenst charges ahead quickly and deals punches the enemy with the fist in the foreground (so right when facing right, left when facing left).
    • The Jet Magnum punch is at a 45* angle, dealing moderate damage and launching the enemy into the air.
    • If the Jet Magnum hit lands, the Gespenst will continue on its path and can hit additional opponents.
    • If the Gespenst hits an opponent at the end of its charging distance, it will continue short distance past the impact point and then vanish. During this extra distance the Gespenst will be harmless.
    • Damage and knock back are the same regardless of where it is used.

The Phantom barely uses the Jet Magnum, you can it see it for the briefest second when it dashes in during the Phantom Hold ‘Em gif. Other Gespensts use it more, so I've included a gif of one of those. All you have to do is envision the punch aimed upwards.:

giphy.gif

Miscellaneous:

Spoiler
  • Jab- Haken grabs Nightfowl and fires a shot from it on a straight line.
  • Dash- Attempts to spike an opponent on the Nightfowl and then fires off a shot.
  • Edge- Throws a bunch of explosive playing cards in front of and above Haken, which immediately detonate.

Tilts:

Spoiler
  • Side- As with Mega Man, the Side Tilt is the same as the jab.
  • Upward- Points the Nightfowl directly above him and shoots off several shots.
  • Downward- Lays low on the ground and shoots the Nightfowl once, as if he were a trained sniper.

Aerials (keep in mind this is Haken's weak spot from his extant battle choreography):

Spoiler
  • Neutral-
    • Dual wields the Nightfowl and Longtomb Special and fires both of them straight ahead.

I had in mind a brief moment (albeit he moves backward during it) from his Project X Zone Special when I thought of this. The moment has been captured here, along with the moment that made me think of what his Dash attack should be.:

giphy.gif

• Forward- “Blind/Opening Bet”
    • Fires the Longtomb Special multiple times on an arc that points roughly at a 90* angle downwards in the direction Haken is facing. The arc starts at a 45* angle downwards, and ends about at a 45* angle upwards, the shots, even the downward pointed ones, lifts the enemy upwards.

I derived the idea for this from his Support Attack:

giphy.gif

• Backwards
    • Wields the Nightfowl and whilst changing the direction he faces, thrusts it backwards and fires off a single blast from it. Can hit twice- once from the bayonet up close, and once from the shot.
  • Upward- “Jackpot”
    • Dual wields the Nightfowl and Longtomb Special and and fires both of them at an upwards angle.
    • Considering Haken jumps during his use of this skill in EF, I was considering making this his Up Special, but I opted to go entirely with the Gespenst for Specials instead.

Here is a gif of his Jackpot skill, you'll see which part I'm referencing here.:

giphy.gif

• Downward
    • Shoots a laser blast from the Longtomb Special directly downwards. See Phantom Hold 'Em for the sort of laser I mean, except less big and shorter in duration.

Smashes:

Spoiler
  • Side- “Texas Hold ‘Em”

giphy.gif

• Upward- “High Low Draw 2nd”

giphy.gif

• Downward- “Seven Stud”

giphy.gif

Grab & Throws:

Spoiler
  • Pummel- Tosses an explosive playing card at the enemy which immediately detonates for a tiny explosion.
  • Upward- “Fire Mouse”

giphy.gif

• Forward- “Full House”

giphy.gif

• Backward- "Quad Solitaire"

giphy.gif

• Downward- “Best Flush 2nd”

giphy.gif

Final Smash: Phantom Hold 'Em:

Spoiler

giphy.gif

The enemy is caught in the giant laser beam at the end, multiple enemies can be actually. I just had to trim this gif slightly short to make it fit.

Not going to include Taunts or Victory Poses or Recolors. Nor will I include the possibility of a stage, although the first Project X Zone had the wrecked ship the Schfalen Celeste show up from Endless Frontier, which has some still-functional transdimensional portal devices running inside despite the passing of so much time.

As for music, Super Robot Wars has prepared a gajillion rockin' battle tunes over the years, all of which ought be appropriate for Smash. One that would have to be included, is Haken's personal's theme- All Correct!.:

Azura

Spoiler

Intro: Azura appears from a circle of water

Stance/Idle 1: Her fighting stance from Fates

Idle 2: Azura’s pre-battle pose from Fates

Idle 3: Azura puts her left hand on her chest

Notable Palette Swaps:

1. Azura (default)
  2. Feena (red/yellow)
  3. Sylvia (green/white)
  4. Ninian (turquoise)
  5. Tethys (red/black)
  6. Leanne (gold/white)
  7. Olivia (pink/white)
  8. “Mysterious lady” (purple)

Walk: Azura carefully walks forward

Dash: Taken from Fates

Damage: Taken from Fates

Jump: Similar to Palutena’s jump

Crouch: Similar to Palutena’s crouch

Normal Attacks

Jab: A horizontal slash (2%) followed up by a rising slash (3%) and finishes with an overhead slash (5%, OK knockback)

Forward+A: Azura slashes downward (7%, small knockback)

Down+A: Azura jabs along the ground (6%, small knockback), potentially tripping opponents

Up+A: Azura quickly slashes upwards, attacking opponents both in front of and above her (7%, small knockback)

Aerial Attacks

Air+A: Azura spins in the air once, slashing anyone in the vicinity (8%, small knockback)

Air Forward+A: Azura brings her lance down for a powerful slash (11% with a meteor effect, OK knockback)

Air Back + A: Azura delivers a wide horizontal blow (10%, OK knockback)

Air Up+A: Azura delivers a rising slash (9%, OK knockback)

Air Down+A: Azura delivers a downward diagonal slash (11%, OK knockback)

Dash Attack: Azura delivers a diagonal cut while performing a Ballerina’s Jete (12%, OK knockback), which can launch foes above her

Edge Attack: Azura stabs the opponent with an overhead jab (9%, small knockback)

Get-Up Attack: Water bursts around Azura as she gets back up (6%, small knockback)

Smash Attacks

Forward+A: Azura launches foes in front of her with a rising slash (18%, medium knockback)

Up+A: Azura stabs upwards (19%, medium knockback)

Down+A: Azura slashes diagonally downwards on both sides (14% each hit, OK knockback)

Grab Game

Grab: Azura snags the opponent in a circle of water

Pummel: Azura spins the water circle (1%)

Forwards+Throw: Azura stabs forwards (13%, OK knockback)

Down+Throw: Azura brings her lance down for a downward slash (14%, OK knockback)

Back+Throw: Azura tosses the opponent behind her with the water circle (9%, small knockback)

Up+Throw: Azura backflips while launching her opponent upwards (11%, OK knockback)

Special Moves

B : Inspiring Song; Azura sings for 3 seconds, healing 30% of her current damage when it is completed; this is divided up among her allies. If she is attacked or uses her Dragon Vein during the song, she won’t receive its benefits.

B + Forwards : Javelin Throw; Azura throws her lance on the ground, which can hit multiple opponents at once (15%, OK knockback). She is then limited to unarmed combat; all of her jabs, Smash attacks and aerial attacks are reduced to water-bending, which is faster but deals much less damage.

B + Up : Ballerina Twirl; Azura rises moderately high upwards as she twirls under a spiral of water (17%, OK knockback)

B + Down : Stream; Azura twirls once, pulling in opponents, and then raises her lance upwards; a huge stream of water then appears, launching opponents upwards (25%, medium knockback)

Final Smash: Dark Song; based on the Opera House scene from Fates, opponents are taken into a cutscene where Azura sings her song as ripples go rapidly across the water (50%, devastating knockback)

Gimmick: Dragon Vein; Pressing B in the middle of a Special allows Azura to perform a secondary Special.

• Neutral Dragon Vein: Azura surrounds herself in a barrier of water that pushes opponents away (10%, OK knockback) and reflects projectiles
  • Side Dragon Vein: Azura calls back her lance, which twirls three times (5% each, small knockback) and instantly warps back to her
  • Up Dragon Vein: Azura is pushed up extremely high by water, dealing no damage
  • Down Dragon Vein: Azura pushes a stream of water (similar to the Gust Bellows) in front of her, pushing away opponents without dealing damage

Taunts

1: “Take your final bow.” Azura mimics her pose in her official artwork

2: “Look me in the eyes.” Azura mimics her talking portrait from Fates

1+2: “I must not lose here.” Azura mimics her battle entrance animation from Fates

Winposes

1: “I’m so happy, I could sing.” Azura’s victory animation from Fates

2: “I had no choice.” Azura mimics her map sprite when dancing, putting her lance up to the camera

3: Azura dances while singing the victory theme

Applause: Azura looks down in disappointment

Icon: The Fire Emblem series icon

Boxing Ring Title: Lady of the Lake

Star K.O.: Azura screams in a near-singing voice

Victory Music: A snippet of “Lost in Thoughts All Alone” suited to Azura

Kirby Hat: Azura’s coif

Arthur (Ghosts 'n Goblins)

Spoiler

Intro: Arthur’s MvC3 intro

Stance/Idle 1: His idle animation from MvC3

Idle 2: Arthur raises a fist in the air

Idle 3: Arthur briefly strokes his beard

Notable Palette Swaps:

1. Silver Armor (default)
    1. Holy Armor has gold highlights
    2. White boxers with strawberry patterns
  2. Warrior Armor (purple/yellow)
    1. Holy Armor has brown and yellow highlights
    2. Boxers with blue and white vertical stripes
  3. Gold Armor (yellow)
    1. Holy Armor has red highlights
    2. Yellow boxers with black stars
  4. Bronze Armor (green)
    1. Holy Armor has orange highlights
    2. Green boxers with white polka-dots
  5. Old Arthur (blue/white)
    1. Holy Armor has white highlights
    2. Blue boxers with white polka-dots
  6. Pink Gold Armor (pink)
    1. Holy Armor has red highlights
    2. Pink boxers with red and white hearts
  7. Zombie Arthur (blue/grey)
    1. Holy Armor is based off the alternate Holy Armor from MvC3
    2. Boxers are the same as default, but not he’s a skeleton
  8. Firebrand (deep red/white)
    1. Holy Armor has deep blue highlights
    2. Red boxers with black bat patterns

Walk: His run from the GnG games

Dash: His run from the GnG games, but faster

Damage: His damage animation from the GnG games

Jump: His jump from the GnG games

Crouch: His crouch from the GnG games

Normal Attacks

Jab: Arthur slashes twice with his sword (4%, small knockback)

Forward+A: Arthur throws a dagger (3%, small knockback)

Down+A: Arthur throws a dagger while crouching (3%, small knockback)

Up+A: Arthur tosses an axe over his head (5%, small knockback)

Aerial Attacks

Air+A: Tri-Blade; Arthur summons a magical sword that flies around him (8%, OK knockback)

Air Forward+A: Arthur stabs forward with his lance (9%, OK knockback)

Air Back + A: Arthur throws a shield behind himself (8%, OK knockback)

Air Up+A: Arthur stabs upward with his lance (7%, small knockback)

Air Down+A: Arthur plummets straight down with his lance, similar to Link and Young Link (9% with a meteor effect, OK knockback)

Dash Attack: Arthur charges forward with his lance (7%, small knockback)

Edge Attack: Arthur jabs the opponent with his lance (6%, small knockback)

Get-Up Attack: Arthur hastily swings his sword around himself (6%, small knockback)

Smash Attacks

Forward+A: Arthur throws a torch that inflicts multiple hits (17%, OK knockback)

Up+A: Arthur jabs straight upwards with his lance (18%, OK knockback)

Down+A: Nuclear Magic; Arthur fires two blasts of magic energy on both sides of himself (15% each, OK knockback)

Grab Game

Grab: His Grab from MvC3

Pummel: Arthur headbutts the opponent (1%)

Forwards+Throw: His forward throw from MvC3 (9%, OK knockback)

Down+Throw: His air forward throw from MvC3 (12%, OK knockback)

Back+Throw: His back throw from MvC3 (8%, OK knockback)

Up+Throw: His ait back throw (4%, small knockback)

Special Moves

B : Lance Toss; Arthur tosses a lance that goes somewhat slow and can be angled in any direction (8%, small knockback)

• With Holy Armor, the lances fly faster and hit harder

B + Forwards : Crossbow; Arthur fires two arrows in a 45o arc (6% each, small knockback); it deals more knockback to opponents in the air

• With Holy Armor, Arthur fires three arrows that become orbs of energy (7% each, OK knockback); the added third one goes straight

B + Up : Shatter Armor; Arthur deliberately sheds his armor to jump sky-high, with opponents taking damage from the broken armor pieces (12%, OK knockback), halving his magic charge meter; Arthur doesn’t go into freefall when this happens, but he can only manage a measly hop when he tries to use this special again

• With Holy Armor, he goes up higher and can possibly Meteor Smash opponents too close to him, but the magic charge meter is completely drained

B + Down : Armor / Thunder Magic; Using the magic charge meter from Ghouls ‘n Ghosts (which fills up as he deals and takes damage), Arthur can either upgrade his armor by one stage or cast thunder magic that surrounds him in electricity (35%, far knockback), immediately reducing him to his boxers

• If Arthur loses his armor through damage, the meter stays as is

Final Smash: Goddess Bracelet; based on one of his Hyper Combos from MvC3, Arthur fires 19 orbs of light that paralyze opponents (1% each, small knockback) and then finishes with a huge one that can hit multiple opponents (40%, far knockback)

Gimmick: Armor; Arthur loses his armor when he takes about 50% or if a strong enough attack hits him, reducing the knight to his boxers

• Armorless Arthur has greatly increased movement speed and jump height, but takes 1.2x more damage from enemy attacks and is slightly easier to launch
  • Arthur with Holy Armor is harder to launch, has increased movement speed and stats, and his attacks do 1.3x more damage, but his jumps are slightly heavier. Losing this armor still reduces Arthur to his boxers, but only needs 70% damage to break
  • He can regain his armor faster by getting K.O.’d
  • When Arthur loses a Stamina Battle, his death animation is the same as his home series

Taunts

1: “Huzzah!” Arthur’s taunt from MvC3

2: “Still going!” Arthur mimics his artwork from base MvC3

1+2: “Await, my princess!” Arthur mimics his artwork from the original Ghosts ‘n Goblins

Winposes

1: “You have faced a knight and lost!” Arthur’s victory animation from MvC3

1a: “Huzzah! Cleared without a miss!” (When Arthur wins without losing a single life)

2: Arthur receives a kiss from the Princess, mimicking the ending from the original Ghosts ‘n Goblins

3: “Wait for me, my princess!” Arthur gets ready to keep going after the Princess, and then runs offscreen to the right

Applause: Arthur’s bones appear on the ground

Icon: The Red Arremer in the series logo

Boxing Ring Title: Knight in Shining Boxers

Star K.O.: “Tis unfaiiiirrr…!”

Victory Music: https://youtu.be/dr8AwohTjlM

Kirby Hat: Arthur’s helmet and beard

Classic Mode: Ye Olde NES Days (fights characters from infamously hard NES games, with Arthut and his opposition each having two lives)

Spoiler

Round 1: Simon on Dracula’s Castle (Bloody Tears / Monster Dance)

• Simon’s specials have increased power when he respawns

Round 2: Pit on Skyworld (Underworld)

• Pit has increased movement speed when he respawns

Round 3: Link (Color 2) on Battlefield Temple (Great Temple / Theme)

• Link’s color swaps to Color 8 when he respawns

Round 4: Mega Man on Wily Castle (Mega Man 2 Medley)

• Yellow Devil appears when Mega Man respawns

Round 5: Little Mac (100HP) on Boxing Ring (Minor Circuit)

• Mac’s color swaps to 7 when he respawns, but his HP is reduced to 75

Round 6: Arthur (Colors 7 and 😎 x6 (horde battle) on Demon Village (5, 6 Stage Boss)

• The first half uses Color 7 Arthurs, and the second half uses Color 8 Arthurs

Final Round: Dracula (7 Stage Boss)

• 2 months later...

Mega Man X

Spoiler

Overview

X, like Mega Man before him, packs an arsenal of Special Weapons, but as a more advanced robot, he also has a few unique tricks. For starters, X can cling to and slide down walls, and even climb walls by wall-kicking. Additionally, X's dash is split into two phases, the first being the iconic X series dash as first granted to X by the Leg Armor Parts in Chill Penguin's stage, followed by a more conventional sprint. Surprisingly, X is actually lighter than Mega Man; according to supplementary materials, he weighs little more than half of what his predecessor does due to technological advancements. This means that, in exchange for superior firepower and mobility, X is easier to knock out than the original Blue Bomber, not to mention easier to hit thanks to his larger size.

Many of X's weapons, including his X-Buster, can be charged by holding the attack or special button, then releasing, optionally while holding in a particular direction. X's Smashes all use charged attacks by default, as do his dash attack and, in some cases, his specials.

Moveset

Specials & Final Smash

• N Special: Electric Spark - X shoots a large spark that vertically splits when it hits an opponent or a wall. When charged, X produces a pair of lightning walls that fly away from him in both directions.
  • S Special: Speed Burner - X shoots a pair of fireballs that spiral around each other. When charged, X dashes forward wreathed in flame instead.
  • U Special: Storm Tornado - On the ground, X shoots a whirlwind upward. In the air, X conjures a larger whirlwind around himself and rises upward through it.
  • D Special: Frost Tower - X conjures a spiky column of ice that drops to the ground. The ice column blocks shots and can freeze foes on contact. When charged, X instead summons a hail of icicles in four waves of 1-2-3-4.
  • Final Smash: Ultimate Armor - X equips the Ultimate Armor and performs a Nova Strike.

Ground Attacks

• Neutral: X-Buster - Fires up to three shots at a time. Can be charged up to two levels.
  • S tilt: X-Buster - Same as the neutral version, but fired while X is running left or right.
  • U tilt: Rising Fire - X shoots a fireball upward. If you charge the attack, X will throw a fiery uppercut instead.
  • D tilt: X-Buster - Same as the neutral attack, but fired while X is crouching, resulting in a lower trajectory.
  • S Smash: Z-Saber - X swings the Z-Saber in front of him. This is based on his ability to acquire the weapon late in X3, as well as his access to the weapon throughout all of X6.
  • U Smash: Double Cyclone - X generates two cyclones on the ground, one on each side of him. This is reminiscent of the charged version of the weapon in X4, but is more similar to how Storm Owl uses it.
  • D Smash: Ground Fire - X produces jets of flame that scorch the ground around him. This is based on the weapon's charged version in X5, but is modified similar to Mega Man's Flame Blast.
  • Dash: Tornado Fang - X's arm turns into a drill which bores into opponents, hitting multiple times. This is based on the weapon's charged version in X3. If X uses this weapon while charging, he'll shoot the drill forward.

Air Attacks

• N air: X-Buster - Same as the neutral version, but fired while X is in the air.
  • F air: Magma Blade - X swings a fiery Z-Saber in front of him, similar to Mega Man's Flame Sword. The Z-Saber shoots a fireball. The charged version produces a larger fireball directly from X's body.
  • B air: Ray Claw - X attacks with a claw behind him, similar to Mega Man's Slash Claw. The charged version fires out a spray of shots.
  • U air: Wing Spiral - X shoots a whirlwind upward, similar to Mega Man's Air Shooter. The charged version shoots a larger whirlwind.
  • D air: Silk Shot - X shoots a piece of junk downward which splits into four smaller pieces upon contact. The charged version fires a larger junk cluster, the form of which can vary based on the stage in which it is used.

Taunts

• U Taunt: X raises his fist with a *SHEEN* sound and a glint of light off his forehead gem, like when he acquires an armor part or clears a stage.
  • S Taunt: X pumps his buster and says "Ready!"
  • D Taunt: X points his buster forward and says "Stop it!"
  • Smash Taunt: Alia chimes in with "X, can you hear me?" and comments about the stage X is fighting on as well as his opponents. Unlike Fox, Falco, Wolf, Snake, and Pit's smash taunts, this one can be performed on any stage, in keeping with Alia's ability to provide info on the various locations X, Zero, and Axl visit in the MMX series.

Animations & Victory Jingle

Intro: X warps in.

Victory Animations

• L Victory: X raises his fist into the air like he does in his U taunt, his name splashes onto the screen, then he warps out. This is based on his animation when clearing a stage in MMX.
  • U Victory: X kicks off a pair of walls, fires his buster at the screen as his name splashes onto the screen, lands, then poses.
  • R Victory: X performs a backflip, raises his fist into the air, says "Mission accomplished," then leaps up and warps out. This is based on his victory animation when clearing a stage in  Maverick Hunter X.

Victory Theme: X has not just one but nine possible victory jingles. His default victory jingle plays after a match on any non-Mega Man stage or if a song from X1 was played on a Mega Man Stage. However, if a song from a different Mega Man X game plays on a Mega Man stage, X's victory jingle will change accordingly.

Costumes

• Blue - X's default color scheme.
  • Red - X's color scheme when using Rising Fire, which appeared as X's 1st alt in MVCI.
  • Gray - X's color scheme when using Boomerang Cutter, which appeared as X's 2nd alt in SF×AC and MVCI.
  • Purple - X's color scheme when using Sonic Slicer, which appeared as X's 3rd alt in MVCI.
  • Green - X's color scheme when using Spin Wheel. Also resembles iX from the Mega Mission series.
  • Orange - X's color scheme when using Silk Shot.
  • Cyan - X's color scheme when using Frost Tower.
  • Navy - X's New Armor from Command Mission, which has shown up as a costume in MVCI and Mega Man X DiVE.

Whew! This one took a while. Originally I wanted to include Special Weapon switching using Shield + Special as well as the ability to equip different armors, but I ultimately decided to stick with something simpler.

Edited by Lord_Brand

• 2 weeks later...

Asura from Asura's Wrath!

A character that capcom seems to sometimes just forget exists and it's a bit sad honestly.

Neutral B: quick blasts of air that he sends out by simply punching the air, it doesn't stun from far away but it quickly stacks up damage and slowly charges his burst meter! ( That'll be explained at the end.)

Side B: Asura quickly dashes towards his opponent with his fist clenched before sending them flying with a punch to the gut! A quick move but has negative frames on shield but does a lot of shield damage and even is a good kill move or combo ender. This also builds up his meter!

Down B: It may be odd but this will be a counter command grab, only working for melee attacks as it'll just cancel every other projectile. When hit Asura will grab them by the head and jump up before slamming them down into the ground, it actually just leaves them laying on thw ground without a chance to tech, so it would be a good way to put you opponent into a combo of just overall bad position, while also building up 10% of his meter! This also does 1.75x of what attack hits him.

Up B: This will be pretty much a better double jump, he raises his fists and punches the air, creating a shockwave that cam spike and has 3 times the height boost of a normal jump. He doesn't enter freefall either. This is something that shot him into orbit in his game.

Jab: His hold in jab will be a simple three hit combo done with his fists, having only 2 frames of wind up for the first hit. His rapid jab will just be a barrage of punches that slowly build up meter, but can cancel into his side b and neutral b.

Forward smash: instead of a punch Asura pulls his leg back to send a straight kick that can be angled at his enemy, being decently low but having high kill power, not too far behind Gannondorf's, charging 7% of his meter.

Down Smash: Asura leans forward while bringing his arms to his stomach before jolting back and swinging his arms open with a yell, letting a burst of red energy. Not a good kill move but it's fast and actually restores 13% of his meter.

Up smash: pretty much little Macs up smash but with more oomph behind it, restoring 9% of meter.

Forward tilt: a quick jab followed by a heavy headbutt, doing good shield damage but only restoring 3% meter.

Down tilt: A quick leg sweep that'll send the opponents slightly into the air, being safe on shield and leads to combos. 5% meter is restored.

Up tilt: A super quick uppercut that can lead to every move he has besides forward smash, letting this be a good combo tool and for easy kill confirms. This actually doesn't restore any meter at all.

Neutral air: He pretty much does his down smash but in the air and on a smaller scale, being his main combo tool in the air for how fast it is and a good meter filler by restoring 8% each time.

Forward air: he brings his fast back to only send on a quick jab followed by a heavy axe kick, this will spike at higher percentages and can even drag down to continue his combo! 6% meter for each hit.

Down air: Asura looks down and thrusts both of his fists downwards, creating a heavy version of his air blasts. His fists will spike at any percent while the air blast will only push down instead of spike until 120%. 10% meter gained for this attack!

Back air: He quickly turns around to puch behind him, sending a small air blast out rather quickly, faster than villager's but not as strong. This restores 5% no matter what part hits, and his fist is a sweetspot that can kill at 80.

Up air: Asura quickly sends a kick upwards followed by another one, a quick two hit move that can drag down while also being a good damage stacker!  3% meter restored for each hit.

Pummel: Asura simply knees his opponent as he holds their head.

Forward throw: Asura tosses his opponent up and punches them forward, dealing good damage and even being a good kill throw. 10%

Back throw: Asura does a quick turn around and tosses his enemy over his shoulder onto the ground, leaving them unable to move for a few frames, not doing much damage or knockback but a good combo starter and long re grab chains. 7%

Down throw: Asura will throw his opponent down before sending a straight punch towards their head, doing tons of damage but doesn't get much off of it. 15%

Up throw: He keeps hold of his enemy's head and twirls around before barely throwing them up before sending a uppercut to their torso, Again good amount of damage and even a kill throw, but gets nothing off of it.

Final Smash: Asura will let out a burst of orange energy and if the opponent is hit they'll be sent to a gray void with black water being their only solid ground as Asura will slowly being walking to them from a distance before shouting, " I won't forgive you... For making my daughter cry!" All of the black marks on his body bursts with orange energy as he leaps towards the ones caught in the final smash and sends a strong punch towards their head, and when he finishes his punch and massive beam of red energy comes out from the other side of the enemy before going back to the stage. This move kills stupidly early but has short range, but multiple moves do combo into it, so when he has it I'd suggest playing careful.

Burst Meter: This is Asura's passive as a meter will be above his percentage, being white no matter what color you choose, amd upon filling all of his black markings burst with orange energy and give him a huge boost for 10 seconds! He gains 50% more damage, 50% more movement speed, 75% more air speed, 10% damage reduction, stunning projectiles, a insta shield break side B, and a little better up b and double jump.

Down taunt: Asura goes a bit limp before standing back up while saying, " Not yet!" With a angry tone.

Side taunt: He clenches his fists as he states, " I'm not through with you yet!" With again his angry tone.

Up taunt: Asura stands up straight and looks to where the opponent is and speaks, " Just who do you think you are?" In a angry tone but more quiet.

( And that's all!)

Zero

Spoiler

Overview

Like X, Zero has a two-phase dash and the ability to cling to and kick up walls. His specialty is fighting with the Z-Saber, though he also has access to a buster. Zero has seven specials rather than the usual four, including ground and air-specific S and D specials as well as a dash special.

Moveset

Specials & Final Smash

• N Special: Zero Buster - Zero's buster as seen in Mega Man X3. He can charge it up to four levels, allowing him to fire off two charge shots and a Z-Saber slash.
  • Ground S Special: Raikousen - A lightning dash and thrust Zero learns from Gigabolt Man-O-War in X8.
  • Air S Special: F-Splasher - A midair ice dash attack Zero learns from Tidal Whale in X5.
  • U Special: Ryuenjin - A rising fire slash technique that Zero learns from Magma Dragoon in X4.
  • Ground D Special: Fire Wave - A fireball that turns into a traveling wall of flame when it hits the ground. Zero gains this weapon from Flame Mammoth in Xtreme 2.
  • Air D Special: Hyouretsuzan - A downward ice stabbing attack Zero learns from Frost Walrus in X4.
  • Final Smash: Genmu Zero - Zero's ultimate attack in his awakened state from X5.

Ground Attacks

• Neutral: Z-Saber 3-Slash Combo - Zero's standard three-slash combo from X4 and X5.
  • S tilt: Raijingeki - A lightning thrust attack Zero learns from Web Spider in X4.
  • U tilt: Shoenzan - An upward fire slash technique Zero learns from Blaze Heatnix in X6.
  • D tilt: Z-Saber Low Slash - Zero's crouching slash which was introduced in X5.
  • S Smash: Hadangeki - A crescent beam attack Zero learns from Vanishing Gungaroo in X7.
  • U Smash: E-Blade - A rising lightning slash technique Zero learns from Volt Kraken in X5.
  • D Smash: Earth Gaizer - Zero's ground-punching attack, first seen in the boss fight against him in X2 and later returning in Xtreme (as the Z3 Zero Scramble Program) and Xtreme 2 (as the technique Zero learns from Blast Hornet).
  • Dash: Shippuuga - A dashing attack technique Zero learns from Slash Beast in X4.

Air Attacks

• N air: Kuuenzan - A circle slash technique Zero learns from Split Mushroom in X4.
  • F air: Z-Saber Vertical Chop - A vertical chop with more knockback than Kuuenzan, based on Zero's midair slash in X6.
  • B air: Senpuukyaku - A dark spinning kick variant of Rasetsusen Zero can use with the K Knuckle equipped in X8. Zero learns both techniques from Dark Mantis.
  • U air: Z-Saber Overhead Slash - An overhead slash Zero uses in MVC3.
  • D air: Quake Blazer - A downward fire attack Zero learns from Burn Dinorex in X5.

Taunts

• U Taunt: Zero turns and gives a thumbs up with a *SHEEN* sound.
  • S Taunt: Zero places a hand on his Z-Saber and points his buster forward, saying "I won't hesitate."
  • D Taunt: Zero levitates, glows with a malevolent aura, and laughs evilly, referencing Awakened Zero.
  • Smash Taunt: Iris' Intel - Iris contacts Zero and converses with him about his opponents. Unlike Alia's Transmissions for X, which are purely informative and focused on the battle, Iris' Intel is more conversational, akin to Palutena's Guidance. This is based on Iris working as a Navigator for the Maverick Hunters in Xtreme 2, as well as her close relationship with Zero.

Animations & Victory

Intro: Zero warps in.

Victory Animations

• L Victory: Zero turns, gives a thumbs-up as his name splashes onto the screen, and warps away.
  • U Victory: Iris is gripped and squeezed by Vile's Ride Armor, until Zero blows the arm off with his buster from off-screen and dashes in. Zero puts an arm around Iris and aims his buster at the camera, his name splashing onto the screen.
  • R Victory: Zero slashes the Sigma Virus while his name splashes onto the screen, saving Iris who hugs Zero in thanks.

Victory Theme: Like X, Zero has nine possible victory themes, with the same conditions.

Costumes

• Red - Zero's default color scheme.
  • Black - Zero's Black Armor, which appeared in MVCI as Zero's 1st alt color and is a reference to Fake Zero from X2. Zero's Z-Saber blade turns purple.
  • Cyan - An alt that has appeared in MVCI as Zero's 2nd alt color.
  • Purple - Based off of Zero Nightmare from X6. This alt appeared in MVCI as Zero's 3rd alt color. Zero's Z-Saber blade turns black.
  • White - An alt that appears to be based off of X's Armor from X1, and appeared in SF×AC and UMVC3.
  • Green - Based off the Green Biker Dude from X2.
  • Gold - Based on Gate's Combat Mode from X6.
  • Original - Zero's original design from X1. The red color of his armor is lighter and more like orange both to distinguish it from his default costume as well as to reference his lighter color palette in the original game.

Edited by Lord_Brand

Sora (redo)

Spoiler

Intro: Sora appears from a save point and gets into his fighting stance

Stance/Idle 1: Sora holds his Keyblade near his right hip and looks around

Idle 2: Sora rests his Keyblade on his right shoulder for a second

Idle 3: Sora bares his teeth in the direction he's facing

Notable Palette Swaps:

1. KH3 outfit (default)
  2. KH2 outfit (alternate costume)
  3. Riku (KH3 black)
  4. Roxas (KH2 white/red)
  5. Kairi (KH3 pink)
  6. Limit Form
  7. Donald Duck (KH3 blue)
  8. Goofy (KH2 green)

Walk: His walk from the games when in combat

Jog: His run from the games when in combat

Dash: Sora rests the Keyblade on his shoulders while running

Damage: His damage animation from the games

Jump: High Jump and Doubleflight

Crouch: Crouches down on one knee with his Keyblade pointing forwards

Normal Attacks

Jab: Slapshot / Speed Slash; Sora performs a sideways uppercut with his Keyblade (2%, OK knockback), then slashes twice (2% each hit, small knockback), and follows up with a quick circular slash (3%, OK knockback)

Forward+A: Guard Break; Sora thrusts his Keyblade forward (6%, small knockback), dealing considerable shield damage

Down+A: Sliding Dash; Sora performs a slide across the ground, slightly farther than Cloud’s but takes a bit more windup (7%, OK knockback)

Up+A: Upper Slash; Sora swings his Keyblade upwards (6%, OK knockback)

Aerial Attacks

Air+A: Magnet Burst; Sora briefly surrounds himself with an array of magnetic orbs that attract nearby opponents (3%). Pressing A again, if necessary, sends these orbs flying out (9%, OK knockback)

Air Forward+A: Aerial Finish; Sora performs a strong slash with slight startup lag (15%, OK knockback)

Air Back + A: Aerial Sweep; Sora slashes behind himself three times (8%, small knockback)

Air Up+A: Hurricane Blast; Sora performs three vertical moonsaults (9%, OK knockback)

Air Down+A: Diving Strike; Sora pauses for a bit before diving down and striking the ground with his Keyblade (11% with a meteor effect, OK knockback); he can slightly move to the left or right just before he dives

Dash Attack: Prism Windmill; Sora spins Keyblade in front of him, protected by a shield of light (8%, OK knockback)

Edge Attack: Last Charge; Sora lifts himself up and slams down to create a pillar of light (11%, OK knockback)

Get-up Attack: Vicinity Break; Sora sweeps the floor with his Keyblade in a 360 spin (9%, OK knockback)

Smash Attacks

Forward+A: Strike Raid; Sora throws his Keyblade forward as it spins (21%, medium knockback). This attack can be slightly angled in the direction the control stick is titled, and goes a bit further when the stick is flicked.

Up+A: Ripple Drive; Sora swings upwards and summons a barrier of light with rectangular patterns (21%, medium knockback)

Down+A: Explosion; three orbs of light surround Sora as he thrusts his Keyblade down to the ground (22%, medium knockback)

Grab Game

Grab: Sora casts Magnet and binds the opponent

Pummel: Sora headbutts the opponent with that thick skull of his (2%)

Forwards+Throw: Quick Blitz; Sora hops up and swings in a downward arc (9%, OK knockback)

Down+Throw: Fail-Safe; Sora spins once before tossing the opponent on the ground, leaving a small explosion (8%, small knockback)

Back+Throw: Merge; Sora spins around backwards before hurling the opponent in that direction (11%, OK knockback)

Up+Throw: Lunge n' Launch; Sora hops and slashes upwards to launch the opponent (10%, OK knockback)

Special Moves

B : Magic Selection; Sora can select a magic spell from his list, similar to the Hero. Once a spell is selected, it will stay on that spell until another is selected, which can be done on the fly. You can cancel the selection by pressing the Shield button.

• Firaga: Sora summons two rings of fire that encircle him (11%, OK knockback)
  • Blizzaga: Sora shoots three snowflakes that have a chance of freezing the opponent (5% each, small knockback); using this in the air has Sora shoot them diagonally downward
  • Thundaga: Sora summons electricity from his Keyblade that locks on to any nearby fighters, up to three at a time (11% on a single opponent, OK knockback; 9% on two opponents, OK knockback; 7% on three opponents, small knockback)
  • Aeroga: Sora surrounds himself in a windy barrier that halves damage taken and reflects projectiles; the spell lasts for 18 seconds
  • Curaga: Sora heals up to 100% taken damage, and can also heal allies in team battles by ⅓ regardless of how far away they are. This spell can only be used once per stock.

B + Forwards : Sonic Blade; Sora swiftly thrusts left and right up to six times with consecutive button presses (3%-4% each hit, small knockback) and finishes with a much more powerful thrust (7%, OK knockback); you can tilt the control stick to move either left or right, and the attack is faster on the ground

B + Up : Airstep; Sora travels in the pointed direction at the speed of light after releasing B (holding it slows him down for six seconds); when he locks on to a ledge, he grabs it,

B + Down : Ars Arcanum; Sora charges up and unleashes a flurry of ten slashes (1.3% each hit, OK knockback), then finishes with three stronger slashes (5.2% each hit, OK knockback). The charge is canceled when the player lets go of B.

Final Smash: Ragnarok; Sora jumps up and fires 24 shots of energy that home in on every opponent on the stage (2% each, OK knockback)

Gimmick: Grand Magic; after pulling off successful combos, three arrows appear by Sora's HUD, one by one. Once a combo is successful with all three arrows, a command appears above Sora's icon, and pressing B will activate one of four Grand Magic spells, which are obtained by using one spell consistently. Only one Situation Command appears at a time, and that spell will appear for 20 seconds.

• Firaza has Sora summon a giant fireball that travels offscreen when it doesn't hit any opponents (27%, medium knockback)
  • Blizzaza has Sora summon an actual blizzard that freezes every opponent on the stage for a bit (20%, small knockback)
  • Thundaza has Sora rain down a pillar of electricity in front of him (25%, medium knockback)
  • Aeroza has Sora summon a tornado that circles around him, sending opponents flying (20%, far knockback)
  • Whenever you use a Grand Magic tier of a spell, that spell enters a 15-second cool down period

Taunts

1: Sora wipes his nose and smiles

2: "My friends are my power!" Sora puts his hand to his chest and looks down

1+2: Sora performs performs the Funny Face Special

Winposes

1: "That's the power of the Keyblade!" Sora's first victory animation from KH1, whenever he wins a tournament in Olympus Coliseum

2: “Nothing to it!” Sora's second victory animation from KH1, whenever he wins a tournament in Olympus Coliseum

3: “Oh yeah, take that!” Sora's third victory animation from KH1, whenever he wins a tournament in Olympus Coliseum; however, at the end of this version, Sora strikes a very familiar pose

Applause: Sora claps for the opponent

Icon: The heart and crown in KH series logo

Boxing Ring Title: The Keyblade's Chosen One

Star K.O.: https://youtu.be/XgtJ3E5-I_A?t=558

Victory Music: A remix of Sora's theme

Kirby Hat: Sora's hair and necklace

Edited by Jingilator

10 minutes ago, Jingilator said:

Sora (redo)

Hide contents

Intro: Sora appears from a save point and gets into his fighting stance

Stance/Idle 1: Sora holds his Keyblade near his right hip and looks around

Idle 2: Sora rests his Keyblade on his right shoulder for a second

Idle 3: Sora bares his teeth in the direction he's facing

Notable Palette Swaps:

1. KH3 outfit (default)
  2. KH2 outfit (alternate costume)
  3. Riku (KH3 black)
  4. Roxas (KH2 white/red)
  5. Kairi (KH3 pink)
  6. Limit Form
  7. Donald Duck (KH3 blue)
  8. Goofy (KH2 green)

Walk: His walk from the games when in combat

Jog: His run from the games when in combat

Dash: Sora rests the Keyblade on his shoulders while running

Damage: His damage animation from the games

Jump: High Jump and Doubleflight

Crouch: Crouches down on one knee with his Keyblade pointing forwards

Normal Attacks

Jab: Slapshot / Speed Slash; Sora performs a sideways uppercut with his Keyblade (2%, OK knockback), then slashes twice (2% each hit, small knockback), and follows up with a quick circular slash (3%, OK knockback)

Forward+A: Guard Break; Sora thrusts his Keyblade forward (6%, small knockback), dealing considerable shield damage

Down+A: Sliding Dash; Sora performs a slide across the ground, slightly farther than Cloud’s but takes a bit more windup (7%, OK knockback)

Up+A: Upper Slash; Sora swings his Keyblade upwards (6%, OK knockback)

Aerial Attacks

Air+A: Magnet Burst; Sora briefly surrounds himself with an array of magnetic orbs that attract nearby opponents (3%). Pressing A again, if necessary, sends these orbs flying out (9%, OK knockback)

Air Forward+A: Aerial Finish; Sora performs a strong slash with slight startup lag (15%, OK knockback)

Air Back + A: Aerial Sweep; Sora slashes behind himself three times (8%, small knockback)

Air Up+A: Hurricane Blast; Sora performs three vertical moonsaults (9%, OK knockback)

Air Down+A: Diving Strike; Sora pauses for a bit before diving down and striking the ground with his Keyblade (11% with a meteor effect, OK knockback); he can slightly move to the left or right just before he dives

Dash Attack: Prism Windmill; Sora spins Keyblade in front of him, protected by a shield of light (8%, OK knockback)

Edge Attack: Last Charge; Sora lifts himself up and slams down to create a pillar of light (11%, OK knockback)

Get-up Attack: Vicinity Break; Sora sweeps the floor with his Keyblade in a 360 spin (9%, OK knockback)

Smash Attacks

Forward+A: Strike Raid; Sora throws his Keyblade forward as it spins (21%, medium knockback). This attack can be slightly angled in the direction the control stick is titled, and goes a bit further when the stick is flicked.

Up+A: Ripple Drive; Sora swings upwards and summons a barrier of light with rectangular patterns (21%, medium knockback)

Down+A: Explosion; three orbs of light surround Sora as he thrusts his Keyblade down to the ground (22%, medium knockback)

Grab Game

Grab: Sora casts Magnet and binds the opponent

Pummel: Sora headbutts the opponent with that thick skull of his (2%)

Forwards+Throw: Quick Blitz; Sora hops up and swings in a downward arc (9%, OK knockback)

Down+Throw: Fail-Safe; Sora spins once before tossing the opponent on the ground, leaving a small explosion (8%, small knockback)

Back+Throw: Merge; Sora spins around backwards before hurling the opponent in that direction (11%, OK knockback)

Up+Throw: Lunge n' Launch; Sora hops and slashes upwards to launch the opponent (10%, OK knockback)

Special Moves

B : Magic Selection; Sora can select a magic spell from his list, similar to the Hero. Once a spell is selected, it will stay on that spell until another is selected, which can be done on the fly. You can cancel the selection by pressing the Shield button.

• Firaga: Sora summons two rings of fire that encircle him (11%, OK knockback)
  • Blizzaga: Sora shoots three snowflakes that have a chance of freezing the opponent (5% each, small knockback); using this in the air has Sora shoot them diagonally downward
  • Thundaga: Sora summons electricity from his Keyblade that locks on to any nearby fighters, up to three at a time (11% on a single opponent, OK knockback; 9% on two opponents, OK knockback; 7% on three opponents, small knockback)
  • Aeroga: Sora surrounds himself in a windy barrier that halves damage taken and reflects projectiles; the spell lasts for 18 seconds
  • Curaga: Sora heals up to 150% taken damage, and can also heal allies in team battles by ⅓ regardless of how far away they are. This spell can only be used once per stock.

B + Forwards : Sonic Blade; Sora swiftly thrusts left and right up to six times with consecutive button presses (3%-4% each hit, small knockback) and finishes with a much more powerful thrust (7%, OK knockback); you can tilt the control stick to move either left or right, and the attack is faster on the ground

B + Up : Airstep; Sora travels in the pointed direction at the speed of light after releasing B (holding it slows him down for six seconds); when he locks on to a ledge, he grabs it,

B + Down : Ars Arcanum; Sora charges up and unleashes a flurry of ten slashes (1.3% each hit, OK knockback), then finishes with three stronger slashes (5.2% each hit, OK knockback). The charge is canceled when the player lets go of B.

Final Smash: Ragnarok; Sora jumps up and fires 24 shots of energy that home in on every opponent on the stage (2% each, OK knockback)

Gimmick: Grand Magic; after pulling off successful combos, three arrows appear by Sora's HUD, one by one. Once a combo is successful with all three arrows, a command appears above Sora's icon, and pressing B will activate one of four Grand Magic spells, which are obtained by using one spell consistently. Only one Situation Command appears at a time, and that spell will appear for 20 seconds.

• Firaza has Sora summon a giant fireball that travels offscreen when it doesn't hit any opponents (27%, medium knockback)
  • Blizzaza has Sora summon an actual blizzard that freezes every opponent on the stage for a bit (20%, small knockback)
  • Thundaza has Sora rain down a pillar of electricity in front of him (25%, medium knockback)
  • Aeroza has Sora summon a tornado that circles around him, sending opponents flying (20%, far knockback)
  • Whenever you use a Grand Magic tier of a spell, that spell enters a 15-second cool down period

Taunts

1: Sora wipes his nose and smiles

2: "My friends are my power!" Sora puts his hand to his chest and looks down

1+2: Sora performs performs the Funny Face Special

Winposes

1: "That's the power of the Keyblade!" Sora's first victory animation from KH1, whenever he wins a tournament in Olympus Coliseum

2: “Nothing to it!” Sora's second victory animation from KH1, whenever he wins a tournament in Olympus Coliseum

3: “Oh yeah, take that!” Sora's third victory animation from KH1, whenever he wins a tournament in Olympus Coliseum; however, at the end of this version, Sora strikes a very familiar pose

Applause: Sora claps for the opponent

Icon: The heart and crown in KH series logo

Boxing Ring Title: The Keyblade's Chosen One

Star K.O.: https://youtu.be/XgtJ3E5-I_A?t=558

Victory Music: A remix of Sora's theme

Kirby Hat: Sora's hair and necklace

150% heal per stock is ridiculous. It basically doubles his potential  stock as in any serious match that's basically a complete heal. It'd need to have a start up so ridiculously big to the point where it's virtually impossible to use.

6 minutes ago, Jotari said:

150% heal per stock is ridiculous. It basically doubles his potential  stock as in any serious match that's basically a complete heal. It'd need to have a start up so ridiculously big to the point where it's virtually impossible to use.

That's the thing; it's meant to be a last resort in case your damage percentage gets really, really bad (hence why it's one use per stock).

But I did nerf it by reducing the healing to 100%.

Edited by Jingilator

Vile

Spoiler

Overview

Vile spawns in a Ride Armor that can jump, dash, and punch. The Ride Armor is a good deal heavier than Vile himself and doesn't flinch, however it takes damage, can be knocked back, and can be destroyed. By holding up and jumping, Vile can disembark from the Ride Armor, but beware: other fighters can hop in and pilot it. Only Vile can use a special while piloting a Ride Armor, however. If the Ride Armor is destroyed or falls off the stage, Vile won't be able to replace it until he is KO'd and respawns, or unless another Vile carelessly leaves his Ride Armor unoccupied.

As for Vile's own moveset, the majority of his attacks consist of weapons he acquires after defeating Mavericks in Maverick Hunter X. In MHX, Vile has three weapon slots to which he can equip a weapon belonging to one of three weapon systems for that slot: Shoulder (Cannon, Laser, Cutter), Arm (Vulcan, Missile, Rocket Punch), and Leg (Napalm, Ball, Flamethrower).

Moveset

Specials & Final Smash

• N Special: Shock Round - An electric round fired from Vile's shoulder cannon that stuns opponents. If an opponent is nearby, the projectile will be aimed in their direction. Vile can also use this special while piloting a Ride Armor.
  • S Special: Dash & Crush - Vile dashes forward with a hand reaching forward. If he makes contact with a foe, he lifts the foe into the air and crushes them in his grip.
  • U Special: Jetpack - Vile activates his jetpack, allowing him to hover and fly.
  • D Special: Explosive Round - A grenade dropped from Vile's knee that splits into two fireballs when it hits the ground.
  • Final Smash: Goliath - Vile summons the Goliath Ride Armor, which charges forward, plowing through opponents.

Ground Attacks

• Neutral: Cherry Blast - Fires mid-range shots at a fast pace. Vile's default Vulcan.
  • S tilt: Cherry Blast - Vile can also fire the Cherry Blast while moving left and right.
  • U tilt: Cerberus Phantom - A Laser that fires three piercing shots in a spread.
  • D tilt: Deadstar Hug - A Ball that rolls along the ground.
  • S Smash: Go-Getter Right - A Rocket Punch that flies forward and hits hard.
  • U Smash: Metal Crescent - Shoots a trio of Cutters that loop back to Vile.
  • D Smash: Wild Horse Kick - A Flamethrower expelled from Vile's knee.
  • Dash: Burning Drive - A Flamethrower that envelops Vile's body in fire.

Air Attacks

• N air: Cherry Blast - Vile uses the Cherry Blast in the air as well.
  • F air: Humerus Crush - A Missile that flies straight forward.
  • B air: Golden Right - A powerful short-ranged Rocket Punch.
  • U air: Front Runner - Vile's default Cannon.
  • D air: Bumpity Boom - Vile's default Napalm.

Taunts

• U Taunt: "Mayhem, doom, and destruction!"
  • S Taunt: "What a worthless gesture!"
  • D Taunt: Vile laughs evilly, similar to when he defeats a Maverick in MHX.

Animations & Victory Jingle

Intro: Vile lands on the ground, piloting a Ride Armor.

Victory Animations

• L Victory: Vile stands atop his Ride Armor and says "Did you think you could defeat me?"
  • U Victory: Vile steps forward and says "This is what I was built for!" 
  • R Victory: Vile laughs, then warps out, like he does when clearing a stage in MHX.

Victory Theme: Stage Clear Vile

Costumes

• Purple - Vile's default color scheme.
  • Black - A reference to Bass, a similar character from the Classic Mega Man series.
  • White - A reference to Skull Man from Mega Man 4.
  • Blue - Based on Vile Mk II from X3.
  • Gold - References Bit from X3.
  • Green - Based on Vile V from X8.
  • Light Blue - Based on Armor Soldier.
  • Red - An alt that appeared in SF×AC.

Edited by Lord_Brand

• 2 weeks later...

Kyojuro Rengoku

Spoiler

Intro: Rengoku would be sitting down on the stage before standing up and drawing his blade with a small flame burst shooting up from beneath him. 

Specials

Neutral B: This is a quick counter that only counters melee attacks, upon being hit Rengoku will sidestep the attack and hit the opponent with the back of his katana. This doing 1.5x the damage that is thrown at him.

Side B: This will be his  flame breathing fifth form Flame Tiger, a strong hitting move that's a bit slow but is a good kill move that'll kill mid weights at 80 at the ledge of FD.

Pillar Of The Night Sky - Chapter 81 The Monster Trio - Wattpad

Down B: This will be a more defensive move than a offensive one, this will be his fourth form, a defensive wall of flames that can block all projectiles while doing 15% if the move fully hits the opponent.

Can Tanjiro Use All Breaths

Up B: This will be Rengoku's first form, a quick dash that can be angled. fire slashes will follow his trail and do 8% per slash and even is a half decent kill move.

Normal Attacks

Jab: his hold in jab will just be to slashes with his blade before doing a slash with flames following it, doing 13% for the whole thing. His rapid jab will be a barrage of flame covered slashes, doing .8% for each hit.

Forward Smash: This will be his third form: Blazing Universe, a big downwards swing that is engulfed in flames. This smash will be average speed but have high kill power while being quite punishable, though it is also a good shield breaker. 23% damage.

Down Smash: This will be an odd one, this is also his first form but only angled diagonally down and is stronger than his up B. Not only that but he can also use this mid air without going into free fall. this does 19% damage. This is also 4 frames slower than his up b.

Up smash: This will be his second form, Scorching Sun. A two handed strike upwards that causes a fire ring to go round the user. This move will be faster and even a good combo starter since a Rising Sun symbolizes a grave outcome. the initial damage is 15%.

Tilts

Forward Tilt:A quick slash that can cancel into forward special or smash if the mid weight is at or below 50%. 8% damage

Down Tilt: Rengoku swings diagonally down with flames trailing his blade and can cancel into down smash,up B, and down B. 5% damage

Up Tilt: A hilt strike aimed upwards that can cancel into forward tilt,up smash,up B,Down B, and even jump.

Aerials 

Surprise! All of his smashes are his aerials while his jabs are his neutral air! They do less damage but they are faster and can combo and cancel into each other! his tilts can even be used if you use the c stick! meaning his combos can be complex and last a bit sometimes.

Final Smash

I'll let this video explain what it is.

Taunts

Up taunt: Rengoku lowers his blade with a smile, " Let's do this in short order!'

Side taunt: He stands up straight while sheathing his weapon before letting out a energetic laugh.

down taunt: He sheathes his blade and pulls out a bento box and begins eating, going "Umai!" with every bite and even heals .1% with each bite.

Victory Screens

1st: Rengoku will sheath his blade and look at the screen, " You have 10,000 more steps before you become a hashira."

2nd: The screen will be black for a second before it cuts to Rengoku sleeping on the Mugen Train.

Hidden: against any sword fighter!

He will be standing with his arms crossed with fire behind him, " become my apprentice and I'll turn you into a fine swordsman!" he says energetically before laughing.

Colors

These will just be based off all the other hashira.

Demon's Slayer: The Most Powerful Pillars, Ranked | CBR

Edited by Ooga booga

• 4 months later...

Lopunny

Spoiler

Overview

Being a bunny Pokemon with a slight build, Lopunny is fairly lightweight and fast with an excellent jump. The majority of its attacks are kicks that take advantage of its strong legs.

Lopunny's intro animation has it emerge from a Pokeball, waving and emitting its signature cry.

One of Lopunny's idle animations references its animation from Black and White. Another one has Lopunny flip one of its ears like hair, a reference to Pokemon-Amie.

When shielding, Lopunny curls up, referencing Defense Curl.

Specials

• N: Sweet Kiss - Lopunny blows a kiss, represented by a heart. If the heart hits an opponent on the ground, they will be stunned for a brief time, similar to Mewtwo's Disable. If it hits an opponent in the air, they will enter free-fall.
  • S: Return - Lopunny surges forward rear-first in a manner quite similar to Peach Bomber. Upon making contact, hearts fly out, a nod to Battle Revolution.
  • U: Bounce - Lopunny leaps high into the air, then lands back down with a kick.
  • D: Acrobatics - Lopunny leaps forward in a somersault. If it makes contact with a foe, it kicks off the foe and resets the move, allowing Lopunny to use it again.

Ground Attacks

• N: Pound - Lopunny throws a quick jab with one of its paws.
  • S tilt: Slap - Lopunny delivers a backhand slap. This is based on one of its animations in Pokemon-Amie, when the player angers it.
  • U tilt: Mega Punch - Lopunny throws a punch upward.
  • D tilt: Low Kick - Lopunny kicks out from its kneeling position.
  • S Smash: Mega Kick - Lopunny performs a mighty kick.
  • U Smash: Double Kick - Lopunny performs two upward kicks.
  • D Smash: Rapid Spin - Lopunny spins around on one foot, hitting on both sides.
  • Dash: Slide Kick - Lopunny dives into a sliding kick.

Air Attacks

• N: Twirl - Lopunny spins around a few times with its arms outstretched.
  • F: High Jump Kick - Lopunny thrusts a knee forward.
  • B: Jump Kick - Lopunny performs a "dropkick", kicking behind with both legs, one above the other.
  • U: Overhead Kick - Lopunny performs an overhead arcing kick.
  • D: Drill Kick - Lopunny spins like a drill, hitting multiple times.

Taunts

• U: Lopunny puts its paws on its cheeks, pops a foot, and says "Puuun~" while hearts float around it. This could be interpreted as Charm.
  • S: Lopunny strikes a pose similar to the Lopunny who leads Team Charm in the Pokemon Mystery Dungeon spinoff series.
  • D: Lopunny turns and smacks its rear twice, saying "Pun, pun!"

Final Smash

Mega Lopunny - Lopunny transforms into its Mega form and dashes forward. If the dash connects, Mega Lopunny pummels the trapped foes with a flurry of attacks.

Costumes

• P1: The default brown and cream coloration.
  • P2: Lopunny's shiny color scheme.
  • P3: Lopunny wearing a pink dress and a bow.
  • P4: Lopunny wearing a blue dress and a circlet.
  • P5: Lopunny wearing a red swimsuit and sunglasses.
  • P6: Lopunny wearing a yellow sports uniform.
  • P7: Lopunny wearing a green sweater and glasses.
  • P8: Lopunny wearing a white coat and scarf.

Victory Screen

• L: Lopunny grooms its soft, fluffy ears.
  • U: Lopunny puts a hand on its hip and poses like the leader of Team Charm.
  • D: Lopunny eats a Poke Puff, then puts one paw on its hip and the other to its mouth, giggling. This is a nod to Pokemon-Amie from X and Y.

Edited by Lord_Brand

Phoenix Wright

Spoiler

Intro: Nick's intro from UMvC3

Stance/Idle 1: Nick’s idle animation from UMvC3

Idle 2: Nick puts a finger up to his chin

Idle 3: Nick puts his hands on his hips in a determined fashion

Notable Palette Swaps:

• Age 35 (default)
  • Maya Fey (purple)
  • Miles Edgeworth (red)
  • Apollo Justice (red/white)
  • Godot (green/tan)
  • Athena Cykes (yellow)
  • Ryunosuke Naruhodo (black)
  • PaPa costume (alt.)

Walk: His walk from UMvC3

Dash: Phoenix dashes like he's late for a case

Damage: His damage animation from UMvC3

Jump: His jump from UMvC3

Crouch: His crouch from UMvC3

Normal Attacks

Jab: Nick pulls out a stack of papers (1%), skims through them (1-2%), and then slaps the opponent with it (4%, small knockback)

Forward+A: Nick points his finger forward as an illusion of it appears (4%, small knockback)

Down+A: Nick trips and accidentally kicks the opponent twice (6%, small knockback)

Up+A: Nick points his finger diagonally upward as an illusion of it appears (4%, small)

Aerial Attacks

Air+A: Nick throws a cup of hot coffee in the air (8%, small knockback)

Air Forward+A: Nick points his finger forward as an illusion of it appears (7%, small knockback)

Air Back + A: Nick swiftly turns around and guards himself (5%, small knockback)

Air Up+A: Nick drops several pieces of paper that go flying in the air (8%, small knockback)

Air Down+A: Nick points his finger diagonally downward as an illusion of it appears (7%, small knockback)

Dash Attack: Nick stops in his tracks as a huge cloud of dust appears in front of him (9%, OK knockback)

Edge Attack: Nick sneezes as he gets back up (5%, small knockback)

Get-Up Attack: Nick shouts "I got it!" as a "!" appears (6%, small knockback)

Smash Attacks

Forward+A: Nick shouts "Objection!" as the iconic speech bubble appears (13%, OK knockback). When fully charged, the speech bubble is bigger (22%, medium knockback)

Up+A: Nick tosses several pieces of paper into the air (2%, small knockback), which then inflict several paper cuts (17%, OK knockback)

Down+A: A giant gavel appears above Nick and buries him (5% recoil) while a shockwave appears around it (17%, OK knockback)

Grab Game

Grab: Nick grabs the opponent and looks at them curiously

Pummel: Nick shouts "Hold it!" and points at the opponent (2%)

Forwards+Throw: Maya appears and tackles the opponent (11%, OK knockback)

Down+Throw: Nick turns around and unknowingly knocks the opponent down (4%, small knockback)

Back+Throw: A dog appears and bumps into the opponent (8%, OK knockback)

Up+Throw: Maya appears and tosses the opponent into the air (7%, small knockback)

Special Moves

B : Mood Matrix; Nick uses a different special move based around the four moods on display. Each mood has a 15-second cooldown.

• Happiness emits a healing field that heals both Nick and any opponents in its vicinity
  • Anger causes Nick to charge a huge explosion that hurts both him and any opponents in the vicinity (20% to Nick; 35% to opponents, medium knockback); only Nick is prevented from launching
  • Sadness emits an aura that increases Nick's speed and attack, but decreases his defense
  • Surprise makes a scary-face burst that stuns opponents in the vicinity as well as causes Nick to crumple over

B + Forwards : Bracelet; Nick tosses a bracelet that paralyzes any single opponent it touches (7%, small knockback)

B + Up : Stepladder (Ladder?); Nick climbs a ladder and jumps from the top of it. When used on the ground, it can be destroyed by other fighters, causing Nick to fall off. When used in the air, it falls and destroys itself upon hitting any fighters under it (8%, small knockback)

B + Down : Magatama; Nick traps up to 5 opponents in the vicinity using Psyche Locks, and destroys them a second later (14% each, OK knockback). If there are no opponents in the vicinity, Nick takes 15% in recoil damage.

Final Smash: Ace Attorney; as Nick points his finger forward, a streak of light resembling it beams forward and traps a single opponent (5%). The opponent is then taken into a cutscene where Nick accuses them of committing a crime, which is based on his Lv. 3 Hyper Combo from UMvC3 (45%, far knockback). This instantly K.O.'s any fighter above 100%.

Gimmick: N/A

Taunts

1: "I spy...a contradiction." Nick's taunt from UMvC3

2: “Sure you’re not forgetting something?” Nick looks down and finds a random piece of evidence

1+2: “The defense is ready to present!” Nick points forward

Winposes

1: Nick's victory pose from UMvC3

2: The camera points towards Nick, who points at it in turn

3: Nick and Maya point in opposite directions

Applause: Nick sweats profusely

Icon: The glimmer in the AA logo

Boxing Ring Title: The Ace Attorney

Star K.O.: “WHY DID I AGREE TO THIIIIIS…?!”

Victory Music: https://youtu.be/SPOFjeHS_hc

Kirby Hat: Nick's hair; Kirby also has his regular forward Smash replaced with an Objection

Machamp

Spoiler

Overview

Machamp is large, heavy, somewhat slow, but fearsomely strong. Its four arms allow it to double up its attacks; each hand has its own hitbox, and if more than one connects with an opponent's hurtbox during an attack, the damage and knockback will stack.

Specials

• N: Strength - Machamp lifts a boulder and throws it. This is based on the use of Strength to move boulders in Generations I through VI. Strength became Machamp's signature move in Gen VII.
  • S: Dynamic Punch - Machamp throws a mighty, explosive punch.
  • U: Seismic Toss - Machamp rises upward. If it makes contact with a foe, it will toss them downward.
  • D: Vital Throw - Machamp strikes a pose, anticipating an opponent's attack. If a melee attack connects, Machamp will grab and throw the opponent in retaliation.

Ground Attacks

• N: Bullet Punch - Machamp rapidly punches with all four arms.
  • S tilt: Karate Chop - Machamp delivers a karate chop with two of its hands.
  • U tilt: Mega Punch - Machamp throws a mighty punch upward with two arms.
  • D tilt: Low Kick - Machamp delivers a kick from a crouching position.
  • S Smash: Cross Chop - Machamp delivers a double karate chop.
  • U Smash: Rock Smash - Machamp lifts a rock up, then smashes it with a punch.
  • D Smash: Stone Edge - Machamp punches the ground, causing sharp rocks to burst from the ground around it.
  • Dash: Low Sweep - Machamp performs a sliding kick.

Air Attacks

• N: Headbutt - Machamp attacks with its head.
  • F: Brick Break - Machamp delivers a vertical chop.
  • B: Rolling Kick - Machamp performs a roundhouse kick.
  • U: Dual Chop - Machamp attacks above with a double chop.
  • D: Heavy Slam - Machamp drops down towards the ground, arms spread.

Grab & Throws

• Grab: Machamp grabs with two arms.
  • Pummel: Machamp punches the opponent with its other two arms.
  • F: Machamp spins and throws the opponent forward.
  • B: Submission - Machamp rolls backward with the opponent.
  • U: Machamp tosses the opponent upward.
  • D: Machamp elbow drops the opponent.

Taunts

• U: Machamp uses Focus Energy.
  • S: Machamp makes a Scary Face.
  • D: Machamp uses Bulk Up.

Final Smash

Gigantamax Machamp - Machamp throws an uppercut that transports any foes it hits to a Galarian stadium, where Machamp grows into a towering giant and attacks with four Max Knuckle punches. Foes at high damage will be automatically KO'd.

Costumes

• P1: Machamp's default gray skin.
  • P2: Green - A greenish skin based on shiny Machamp.
  • P3: Red
  • P4: Blue
  • P5: Pink
  • P6: Purple
  • P7: Orange
  • P8: Black

Victory Screen

All three of Machamp's victory animations are taken from Pokken Tournament.

• L: Machamp leaps, then yells upward in triumph.
  • U: Machamp performs pushups.
  • D: Machamp tosses a boulder into the air, then smashes it with a punch.

Edited by Lord_Brand

6 hours ago, Lord_Brand said:

Machamp

Hide contents

Overview

Machamp is large, heavy, somewhat slow, but fearsomely strong. Its four arms allow it to double up its attacks; each hand has its own hitbox, and if more than one connects with an opponent's hurtbox during an attack, the damage and knockback will stack.

Specials

• N: Strength - Machamp lifts a boulder and throws it. This is based on the use of Strength to move boulders in the Pokemon games. Strength was also Machamp's signature move in Gen VII.
  • S: Dynamic Punch - Machamp throws a mighty, explosive punch.
  • U: Seismic Toss - Machamp rises upward. If it makes contact with a foe, it will toss them downward.
  • 😧 Vital Throw - Machamp strikes a pose, anticipating an opponent's attack. If a melee attack connects, Machamp will grab and throw the opponent in retaliation.

Ground Attacks

• N: Bullet Punch - Machamp rapidly punches with all four arms.
  • S tilt: Karate Chop - Machamp delivers a karate chop with two of its hands.
  • U tilt: Mega Punch - Machamp throws a mighty punch upward with two arms.
  • D tilt: Low Kick - Machamp delivers a kick from a crouching position.
  • S Smash: Cross Chop - Machamp delivers a double karate chop.
  • U Smash: Rock Smash - Machamp lifts a rock up, then smashes it with a punch.
  • D Smash: Stone Edge - Machamp punches the ground, causing sharp rocks to burst from the ground around it.
  • Dash: Low Sweep - Machamp performs a sliding kick.

Air Attacks

• N: Headbutt - Machamp attacks with its head.
  • F: Brick Break - Machamp delivers a vertical chop.
  • B: Rolling Kick - Machamp performs a roundhouse kick.
  • U: Dual Chop - Machamp attacks above with a double chop.
  • 😧 Heavy Slam - Machamp drops down towards the ground, arms spread.

Grab & Throws

• Grab: Machamp grabs with two arms.
  • Pummel: Machamp punches the opponent with its other two arms.
  • F: Machamp spins and throws the opponent forward.
  • B: Submission - Machamp rolls backward with the opponent.
  • U: Machamp tosses the opponent upward.
  • 😧 Machamp elbow drops the opponent.

Taunts

• U: Machamp uses Focus Energy.
  • S: Machamp makes a Scary Face.
  • 😧 Machamp uses Bulk Up.

Final Smash

Gigantamax Machamp - Machamp throws an uppercut that transports any foes it hits to a Galarian stadium, where Machamp grows into a towering giant and attacks with four Max Knuckle punches. Foes at high damage will be automatically KO'd.

Costumes

• P1: Machamp's default gray skin.
  • P2: Green - A greenish skin based on shiny Machamp.
  • P3: Red
  • P4: Blue
  • P5: Pink
  • P6: Purple
  • P7: Orange
  • P8: Black

Victory Screen

All three of Machamp's victory animations are taken from Pokken Tournament.

• L: Machamp leaps, then yells upward in triumph.
  • U: Machamp performs pushups.
  • 😧 Machamp tosses a boulder into the air, then smashes it with a punch.

How did a HM like Strength become a signature move in Gen VII. 

3 hours ago, Jotari said:

How did a HM like Strength become a signature move in Gen VII. 

Well, the HM Moves' functions were transferred to Poke Rides (Sun & Moon), Secret Moves (Let's Go! Pikachu& Eevee), the Flying Taxi (Sword & Shield), and the Rotom Bike (also Sword & Shield). Since there is no further need for HMs, the HM moves were "demoted" to regular moves. And guess which Poke Ride fills in for Strength in S&M?

• 3 weeks later...

Bandana Waddle Dee (Do-over)

Spoiler

Intro: BWD gets tossed onto the battlefield and wipes the dust off himself

Stance/Idle 1: His idle animation from Return to Dream Land onwards

Idle 2: BWD stretches his arms

Idle 3: BWD admiringly glances at his weapon

Notable Palette Swaps: 

1. BWD (dee-fault)
  2. P2 colors (yellow)
  3. P3 colors (cyan)
  4. P4 colors (green)
  5. Kirby (pink)
  6. King Dedede (cyan/red)
  7. Meta Knight (navy blue)
  8. Game Boy sprite (monochrome)

Walk: His walk from the modern Kirby games
Dash: His dash from the modern Kirby games
Damage: His damage animation from the modern Kirby games
Jump: His jump from the modern Kirby games; like the rest of the Kirby roster, Bandana Dee can jump up to six times
Crouch: His crouch from the modern Kirby games

Gimmick: BWD alternates between using a Spear and a Parasol. Every time a match starts, BWD always starts with a Spear.

Normal Attacks

Jab:

• Multispear Thrust; BWD slashes twice (6%, small knockback), flurries with multiple spear thrusts (1% each, small knockback), and finishes with a straight jab (7%, OK knockback)
  • Drill Spray; BWD twirls his parasol and sprays water on the opponent (1% each, small knockback)

Forward+A:

• Spear Thrust; BWD thrusts his spear straight forward (5%, small knockback)
  • Parasol Poke; BWD pokes the opponent with his parasol, which opens up (6%, OK knockback)

Down+A:

• Slide; BWD slides across the ground (5%, small knockback)
  • Parasol Twirl; BWD hops slightly above the ground with his parasol (4%, small knockback)

Up+A:

• Skyward Thrust; BWD thrusts his spear upwards (7%, OK knockback)
  • Parasol Twirl; BWD twirls his parasol above himself (4%, small knockback)

Aerial Attacks

Air+A:

• Windmill; BWD twirls his spear below himself (9%, OK knockback)
  • Rainshower; BWD twirls his parasol in front of himself and sprays water around himself (10%, OK knockback)

Air Forward+A:

• Multispear Thrust; BWD rapidly thrusts his spear thrice (6%, small knockback)
  • Rainshower; BWD twirls his parasol in front of himself and sprays (10%, OK knockback)

Air Back + A:

• Back Thrust; BWD thrusts his spear behind him (6%, small knockback)
  • Rainshower; BWD twirls his parasol behind himself and sprays water (10%, OK knockback)

Air Up+A:

• Drill Thrust; BWD points his spear above himself and spins like a drill (7%, small knockback)
  • Rainshower; BWD twirls his parasol above himself and sprays water (10%, OK knockback)

Air Down+A:

• Moon Drop; BWD briefly spins his spear, and then drops down (11%, OK knockback)
  • Parasol Dive; BWD slowly falls down while using his parasol to break his fall (8%, small knockback)

Dash Attack:

• Ground Thrust; BWD dashes a long distance and runs his spear through the ground, thrusting upwards at the end (8%, OK knockback)
  • Parasol Drill; BWD dashes forward and spins his parasol (11%, OK knockback)

Edge Attack: BWD pokes on the edge (6%, small knockback)

Get-Up Attack: BWD spins on the ground (8%, OK knockback)

Smash Attacks

Forward+A:

• Pinpoint Thrust; BWD thrusts forward, with an influence in direction based on the control stick’s direction (14%, OK knockback)
  • Parasol Swing; BWD flaps his parasol as water spouts out of it (21%, medium knockback)

Up+A:

• Windmill; BWD hops up and twirls spear above himself (15%, OK knockback)
  • Chumbrella; BWD thrusts his parasol above his head (7%) and opens it around the entire space just above it (17%, medium knockback)

Down+A:

• Finishing Leap; BWD jumps up and pokes the ground, creating a shockwave (14%, OK knockback)
  • Parasol Twirl; BWD spins his parasol on the ground as water splashes around it (18%, medium knockback)

Grab Game

Grab: BWD grabs the opponent with his stubby little hand

Pummel: BWD headbutts the opponent (2%)

Forwards+Throw:

• Waddle Spear Barrage; BWD tosses three spears at the opponent (4% each, OK knockback)
  • Aqua Cannon; BWD shoots the opponent out of his parasol (11%, OK knockback)

Down+Throw:

• Moon Drop; BWD jumps up high and crashes back down to stab the opponent (12%, OK knockback)
  • Rainstorm; BWD opens his umbrella as it rains on the opponent (10%, OK knockback)

Back+Throw:

• Spear Fishing; BWD lifts up the opponent with a rope on his spear and tosses them behind himself (9%, OK knockback)
  • Aqua Cannon; BWD turns around and shoots the opponent out of his parasol (11%, OK knockback)

Up+Throw:

• Spear Copter; BWD twirls his spear and lifts the opponent in a gust of wind (5%, OK knockback)
  • Circus Throw; BWD spins the opponent around on his parasol and chucks them upwards (11%, OK knockback)

Special Moves

B : Spear Throw / Aqua Shot

• With the spear, BWD charges up to three spears to throw (5% each, small knockback). He can also angle the throw by tilting the control stick up or down and throw one spear after another while moving left or right.
  • With the parasol; BWD fires a ball of water that falls to the ground after being shot (6%, small knockback). When fully charged, the ball fires quickly and never falls (18%, medium knockback).

B + Forwards : Gale Thrust / Parasol Shield

• With the spear, BWD charges an attack that has him dashing forward at high speed and distance (13%, OK knockback)
  • With the parasol, BWD and uses it as a shield. It can either reflect projectiles or stop the damage from any other attack, but it's only open for a second.

B + Up : Waddle Copter / Parasol Drift

• With the spear, BWD flies around using it as a helicopter (15%, OK knockback); by holding B on the ground, BWD can fly freely in any direction
  • With the parasol, BWD jumps up and opens his parasol, slowly falling to the ground afterwards (4% each hit, small knockback). Like Peach and Daisy, BWD can close his by pressing down.

B + Down : Switch Weapons; BWD switches his weapons around. The weapon he’s not using is indicated by the Assist Star icon on the top left of his HUD.

Final Smash: Megaton Punch; BWD punches up to two opponents in front of him (7%), both of which are taken into a cutscene where he jumps high into the air, and then punches the ground so strongly, it creates a fissure that snaps Pop Star in two (55%, devastating knockback). Opponents above 100% are instantly K.O.'d.

Taunts

1: BWD looks around him, loosely mimicking his artwork from Return to Dream Land

2: BWD happily waves his arms

1+2: BWD falls asleep, thinking about an apple

Winposes

1: BWD’s win pose from the Megaton Punch minigame

2: BWD spins his spear and raises it upwards, mimicking his summon animation from Star Allies

3: BWD's victory animation form Return to Dream Land

Applause: BWD opens his parasol in the rain, sad about losing

Icon: Kirby series icon

Boxing Ring Title: Helper to Hero

Victory Music: https://youtu.be/CEIwsGXvwfU

Kirby Hat: BWD’s…well, bandana

Shovel Knight:

Spoiler

Description: Has 100 magic at the start of a match. Attacks using the shovel do not consume magic; however, attacks that use relics will consume the magic meter.

Standard Attack: his standard shovel attack in the game.

Dash Attack: Mobile Gear: Shovel Knight rides a mobile gear and hits enemies on contact. (6 Magic)

Forward tilt: Drop Spark: similar as standard attack, but a rolling spark travels along the ground.

Up tilt: An upward attack with the shovel blade.

Down tilt: a low attack with the shovel blade.

Forward Smash: Shovel Knight's charged attack from the game.

Up Smash: An upward variation of Shovel Knight's charged attack from the game.

Down Smash: The fishing rod. (6 Magic)

Forward Aerial: Propeller Dagger: propels forward. (4 Magic)

Back Aerial: Dust Knuckles: Punch with giant gauntlets; can keep punching if making contact with an opponent. (2 Magic)

Up Aerial: Flare Wand: shoot a fireball upwards. (4 Magic)

Down Aerial: His down thrust from the game. It acts the same way Toon Link's down aerial worked in Brawl: a powerful meteor smash that also gives him an upward boost if it hits opponents.

Standard Special: War Horn: a powerful short-range attack in all directions ,(20 Magic)

Forward Special: Chaos Orb: tosses an orb that bounces along at high speed. (6 Magic) 

Up Special: Throwing Anchor: throws an anchor in an upward and forward arc. (6 Magic)

Down Special: Troupple Chalice: Recover magic points. Have to stand still during the duration of the animation.

Final Smash: Summons Shield Knight for a combo where Shovel Knight propels off of her shields using his shovel blade and repeatedly attacks the opponent.

• 1 month later...

This will take some time to finish, so I'll have to update this post over time.

Warrior of Light

A job-changing hero who represents the classic Final Fantasy games. The Warrior of Light has access to six jobs, the starting jobs in the original Final Fantasy. They can Change Jobs using their Down Special, which brings up a menu of the other five jobs they can switch to.

Warrior

Spoiler

Coming soon

Thief

Spoiler

Coming soon

Monk

Spoiler

Coming soon

Black Mage

Spoiler

Coming soon

White Mage

Spoiler

Coming soon

Red Mage

Spoiler

Coming soon

Final Smash: Summon Bahamut

The Warrior of Light uses a crystal to summon Bahamut, who blasts the field in front of them with Mega Flare.

Taunts & Victory Animations

On top of the Down Special and Final Smash, the six jobs share one taunt and victory animation each. The shared taunt has the Warrior of Light use a Potion, Ether, or Elixir in cyclical order, though the item's effect is purely cosmetic. The shared victory animation is of course the classic victory dance.

Costumes

The Warrior of Light's costumes switch between male and female, each one based on one or more characters from the classic 2D titles on the NES and SNES. There are four hair styles total, two for males and two for females, and each appears twice with different color schemes. The six jobs each have one male outfit and one female outfit, with according color scheme variants.

• P1 is male with a mane of red hair, based on how the Warrior looked in FFI and FFIII as well as how Firion looked in the NES version of FFII.
  • P2 is female with long purple hair, based on Maria from FFII.
  • P3 is male with spiky white hair, based on Paladin Cecil's sprite from FFIV.
  • P4 is female with blonde hair tied in a ponytail, based on Rosa of FFIV and Krile of FFV.
  • P5 is a recolor of P1 with brown hair, resembling Bartz from FFV.
  • P6 is a recolor of P2 with pink hair, resembling Lenna from FFV.
  • P7 is a recolor of P3 with dark blue hair, based on Leon from FFII.
  • P8 is a recolor of P4 with green hair, based on Terra from FFVI.

7 hours ago, Lord_Brand said:

The Warrior of Light uses a crystal to summon Bahamut, who blasts the field in front of them with Mega Flare.

Summoning isn't a thing in Final Fantasy 1 though. Bahamut exist, but he doesn't attack anything. He promotes the heroes into a new job.

3 hours ago, Jotari said:

Summoning isn't a thing in Final Fantasy 1 though. Bahamut exist, but he doesn't attack anything. He promotes the heroes into a new job.

11 hours ago, Lord_Brand said:

A job-changing hero who represents the classic Final Fantasy games. The Warrior of Light has access to six jobs, the starting jobs in the original Final Fantasy. They can Change Jobs using their Down Special, which brings up a menu of the other five jobs they can switch to.

The Warrior of Light fighter I suggest doesn't represent only the original game, else they'd be six separate fighters with the ability to promote midbattle. Job Changing is prevalent in FFIII and FFV, and summoning was introduced in FFIII as well. Not to mention their costumes are all based on specific characters from FFI through FFVI. The Smash version of Warrior of Light is designed to capture common tropes in the series, as even the term "Warrior of Light" appears in more than one game.

The use of Bahamut as the summon is an artifact from a time when I envisioned the Warriors of Light as a team of four - Warrior, Thief, White Mage, and Black Mage - and thus was a reference to Bahamut being essentially the first summon character to show up in the series, before there even were summons. I eventually realized the Warrior of Light would work better as a singular job-changing fighter, but kept Bahamut as the summon since he's one of the series' most famous and powerful, not to mention is elementally neutral (though in Smash terms, Mega Flare would probably be considered Magic or Energy).

That said, I am strongly tempted to include Ninja and Dragoon as two additional jobs, giving the Warrior of Light access to eight total.

Edited by Lord_Brand

9 minutes ago, Lord_Brand said:

The Warrior of Light fighter I suggest doesn't represent only the original game, else they'd be six separate fighters with the ability to promote midbattle. Job Changing is prevalent in FFIII and FFV, and summoning was introduced in FFIII as well. Not to mention their costumes all reference specific characters from FFI through FFVI. The Smash version of Warrior of Light is designed to capture common tropes in the series, as even the term "Warrior of Light" appears in more than one game.

The use of Bahamut as the summon is an artifact from a time when I envisioned the Warriors of Light as a team of four - Warrior, Thief, White Mage, and Black Mage - and thus was a reference to Bahamut being essentially the first summon character to show up in the series, before there even were summons. I eventually realized the Warrior of Light would work better as a singular job-changing fighter, but kept Bahamut as the summon since he's one of the series' most famous and powerful, not to mention is elementally neutral (though in Smash terms, Mega Flare would probably be considered Magic or Energy).

That said, I am strongly tempted to include Ninja and Dragoon as two additional jobs, giving the Warrior of Light access to eight total.

Going with the original six jobs and nothing else doesn't really convey that fact. Though I'd say ninja is too similar to thief to really be worth having both. Dragoon us a pretty cool and distinctive final fantasy job though.

Edited by Jotari

I kind of like the idea, even if it is a bit dense compared to normal. It is essentially six separate characters after all, but the core idea of job-changing is fun and I (being most familiar with the first game, which has a very different identity than its sequels) like that it sticks to the original 6 iconic classes.

12 hours ago, Lord_Brand said:

This will take some time to finish, so I'll have to update this post over time.

Warrior of Light

Sounds interesting. Just one question: does job-changing affect the entire moveset, or just special attacks? Does it also affect the character's speed, weight, etc., or not?