Who is you least liked or most hated FE characters

ciphertul

29 minutes ago, Specta said:

I feel like one of the other issues with Peri's writing is it's portraying it as comical and quirky that she's an absolute actual serial murderer, which is on her delivery as a character, and I think is a fair issue to take with her, though, maybe also a notably subjective interpretation since I'm going by impressions and not by dredging up textual evidence

Long story short: Her mother was murdered by a jealous butler when she was a kid and it traumatized her. That's just how things are in Nohr. She's also an expert at cooking and really wants to be a mom. But what I cannot defend is her voice acting in Heroes. As for Henry. He was LITERALLY raised by a wolf when negected by his parents. And Reina, I don't hate her per se, I'm just saying, I wouldn't have cared less if she was the one who died in Revelations instead of the much more interesting and dynamic...

Spoiler

Scarlet

Reina just feels...pointless. Cannon fodder much?

34 minutes ago, Emerson said:

I find a majority of them to be at least decent characters in a vacuum, honestly. Shiro is kinda neat, and Siegbert, while a bit boring and generic, isn't too bad. I genuinely appreciate Ophelia and how she differs from Owain overall (and to be fair, how else would his kid be), and I also find Mitama to be enjoyable to read.

Don't forget Selkie and Percy. They're so adorable and wholesome. And besides, did I mention that Percy is voiced by Antony Del Rio?

14 minutes ago, Etrurian emperor said:

Their support reveal that Peri is Xander's retainer because Xander wanted to get into her pants. Naughty Xander!

I thought it was because of her combat skills.

Edited by Morgan--Grandmaster
Cannon fodder

• Replies 357
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, ciphertul said:

Reina gets full on murder highs, I think she is only different from peri do to age.

And I didn't deny that. But unlike Peri she keeps it in checked and contained within the battlefield and only directed at enemies that we are fighting and not some innocent people. Meanwhile Peri wants to murder indiscriminately anywhere and anytime. That's a big difference.

1 minute ago, Morgan--Grandmaster said:

Long story short: Her mother was murdered by a jealous butler when she was a kid and it traumatized her. That's just how things are in Nohr. She's also an expert at cooking and really wants to be a mom. But what I cannot defend is her voice acting in Heroes. As for Henry. He was LITERALLY raised by a wolf when negected by his parents. And Reina, I don't hate her per se, I'm just saying, I wouldn't have cared less if she was the one who died in Revelations instead of the much more interesting and dynamic...

Yeah, I'm aware of her characterization. I might be missing your point?

1 hour ago, Diovani Bressan said:

Depends... do you hate someone in the Fire Emblem universe? If yes, then... yes, you can participate. lol

1 hour ago, ciphertul said:

I don’t see why you need to ask... but sure let’s hear what ya got

Well, I’m rather surprised you’re ok because I had made rather.... “high profiles” instance of a dislike about A YEAR, ago, but it seems to be so bad that I was close in getting a three month suspension a week ago 😅. Ah well, I’m on a break, so I guess I’ll give my answer later, after I’m done with work

3 minutes ago, Emerson said:

Y'know, it's a bit of a shame when you're worse than a character with 1 support. Reina's got some interesting dynamics going on with Corrin that I wish we got explored more, and I REALLY wish she supported Orochi.

Agree with this. I like Reina but I wish the game gave her more than just Corrin. The lack of Orochi is especially glaring since they worked together.

1 minute ago, Morgan--Grandmaster said:

Don't forget Selkie and Percy. They're so adorable and wholesome. And besides, did I mention that Percy is voiced by Antony Del Rio?

Selkie isn't particularly a favorite of mine unfortunately, I don't find her to be particularly interesting as a character and I don't really find myself getting directly attached to her. But she is cute.

Percy I think I'd like more if they toned down the "Lucky" gimmick.

11 minutes ago, Emerson said:

Selkie isn't particularly a favorite of mine unfortunately, I don't find her to be particularly interesting as a character and I don't really find myself getting directly attached to her. But she is cute.

Percy I think I'd like more if they toned down the "Lucky" gimmick.

I confess: I'm a "snuggler" IRL.

Edited by Morgan--Grandmaster
I confess

10 minutes ago, Ottservia said:

And there’s the problem, I have with this standpoint. Should she have been a recruitable character? Well that’s not my nor your decision to make. I dislike the word ‘should’ such an arrogant sounding word. If the devs wanted to make a character like that then I’m certainly not gonna complain. I’ll criticize the execution but not the idea itself. Once again no, the criticisms you gave is that she makes other characters inconsistent which isn’t necessarily her fault but rather the writing that surrounds her. I think @Flere210 put it best. The problem with Peri is that other characters have to act OOC in order for the supports to work. Peri on her own is not a bad character. The problem lies more so in how she interacts with other characters.

That...is specifically her fault, because they're her supports? Centered around her? It's an incredibly valid criticism of her. As someone who literally writes for a living, I assure you one thing writers are always taught is that if you have to force a character or surrounding to fit one other character, then that one other character needs to be removed or entirely reworked. They failed that with Peri.

23 minutes ago, Morgan--Grandmaster said:

I thought it was because of her combat skills.

That's what he says in their A support. In their S support he says its because he wanted to get into her pants. 

23 minutes ago, Morgan--Grandmaster said:

Percy likely got inspired by Pit a little bit. Both are voiced by the same actor, both are young boys who can't fly on their own, both are pretty dumb and they both fight for JUSTICE. If Percy gets born normally without the deeprealm nonsense like the Fates kids should be then I could see him latching on to adult Elise the same way as Pit does to Palutena. 

Edited by Etrurian emperor

12 minutes ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

That...is specifically her fault, because they're her supports? Centered around her? It's an incredibly valid criticism of her. As someone who literally writes for a living, I assure you one thing writers are always taught is that if you have to force a character or surrounding to fit one other character, then that one other character needs to be removed or entirely reworked. They failed that with Peri.

I wouldn’t say she needs a heavy rework. Well her supports definitely do(well not all of them but most of them anyway) but every other aspect of her character is fine as is if you ask me but I digress.

Just now, Ottservia said:

I wouldn’t say she needs a heavy rework. Well her supports definitely do(well not all of them but most of them anyway) but every other aspect of her character is fine as is if you ask me but I digress.

I feel it's less that her character can't work without being reworked, it's more that Fates supports and story isn't an environment when it CAN work due to every support needing to start and end without the character majorly changing. Peri as a character would've likely only worked if she COULD change.

9 minutes ago, Etrurian emperor said:

That's what he says in their A support. In their S support he says its because he wanted to get into her pants. 

Percy likely got inspired by Pit a little bit. Both are voiced by the same actor, both are young boys who can't fly on their own, both are pretty dumb and they both fight for JUSTICE. If Percy gets born normally without the deeprealm nonsense like the Fates kids should be then I could see him latching on to adult Elise the same way as Pit does to Palutena. 

*Reads Xander & Peri's S-support* ("Fine wife...Eye on you...Loyalty...Fond of you...") I don't get it. For the record, I paired her (cotton-candy hair and all) with Niles, Hinata, Kaden, and Laslow across all my playthoughs.

Tharja, it's always Tharja. I can't stand Severa either.

Also when it comes to the Three Houses Lords, Claude is the only good one, the other two are batshit crazy.

Edited by Eurydice

There's literally one post in here that's toeing the line, and one that completely misses the point. Good job so far, guys!

As for Peri, my issue with her is that she does more for the world of Nohr than she does for herself.

I'm not usually one to actively dislike characters (or much of anything for that matter), but for a while, I had never really liked Fates Arthur. I haven't played Conquest, but seeing him in Heroes was super annoying. It always felt like a slap in the face to summon him... I've grown to like him a bit more for how goofy he is, and his art is undeniably patriotic. As of now, I don't mind him.

3 minutes ago, indigoasis said:

I'm not usually one to actively dislike characters (or much of anything for that matter), but for a while, I had never really liked Fates Arthur. I haven't played Conquest, but seeing him in Heroes was super annoying. It always felt like a slap in the face to summon him... I've grown to like him a bit more for how goofy he is, and his art is undeniably patriotic. As of now, I don't mind him.

His art is from Cipher, IIRC.  The style is inspired by Codename: STEAM!  His Conquest appearance was a lot more, uh, true to that world (sadly).

3 hours ago, Specta said:

I teach actual murderers as my job and I love my students dearly and I still cannot sympathize with or cut Peri slack. She's probably my #1 least fave, sadly

Military?

3 minutes ago, Midnox said:

Military?

. . .okay, this is in bad taste.  As was that other post asking permission to post in here.  Take some time to think about things like CONTEXT (I explained this to you via PM earlier), because I"m getting really tired of this.

The fact that so many people are saying Alm really hurts me, cuz he's my favorite lord X(

Anyway, to name some of my least favorite characters in all of Fire Emblem (at least off the top of my head)...

Peri, Makalov, Daisy, Garon, Iago, Hans, Corrin, Azura, Camilla, Xander, Hinata, Hisame, Tharja, Rhajat, Nina, Faye, and Silvia. Those are at least the ones off the top of my head.

@Etrurian emperor Also if you dislike Garon so much, why is he your profile pic out of curiosity?

13 minutes ago, eclipse said:

. . .okay, this is in bad taste.  As was that other post asking permission to post in here.  Take some time to think about things like CONTEXT (I explained this to you via PM earlier), because I"m getting really tired of this.

I didn’t mean that to be in a bad taste, and much less a military bad kind of way. I’ve interpreted that post as a fairly humorous way to describe a job and military happens to have killing as part of it. I also wanted some extra context from someone who knows the topic. 
It would be the same if I were to know about depression, suicide thoughts, and despair (which I DO), I would criticize if they were mishandled by crap writing as well. Regardless, I’ll of course apologize if I’ve misinterpreted the post. I’ve meant no harm 

Meaning no harm goes for the permission as well. But I had to take precautions as not only be warned of a three month ban, but also been called an idiot by a mod

Edited by Midnox

3 minutes ago, Midnox said:

I didn’t mean that to be in a bad taste, and much less a military bad kind of way. I’ve interpreted that post as a fairly humorous way to describe a job and military happens to have killing as part of it. I also wanted some extra context from someone who knows the topic. 
It would be the same if I were to know about depression, suicide thoughts, and despair (which I DO), I would criticize if they were mishandled by crap writing as well. Regardless, I’ll of course apologize if I’ve misinterpreted the post. I’ve meant no harm 

Place and time, as usual.  Good joke among friends, not-so-good if the audience is the entire world with no context on who you are as a person.