Who is you least liked or most hated FE characters

ciphertul

Personally it’s rare like extremely rare for me to actively dislike any character cause usually most characters that I don’t have a particular fondness for(which is also pretty rare all things considered), I’m simply indifferent towards. It takes a lot for me to dislike a character. Dunno why. I just can’t bring myself to really dislike most characters in any piece of fiction. Though if I had to choose one in FE then I would definitely say Alm simply because of how much he just blatantly he contradicts the story he’s a part of. He could’ve made a great protagonist if y’know the writers bothered to write him the way they were supposed to in order to make him actually perpetuate the themes of the story instead of contradicting them.

43 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Selena (Fates) - Severa was an adorable, if at times a little too straight-played Tsundere. As Selena, she's just an unlikeable b**** with a serious case of "I'M BETTER THAN YOU!". I don't even know what her problem is.

She’s actually much better in the Japanese version of fates because Treehouse does not know how to localize a tsundere apparently. I mean 8-4 isn’t great either but they didn’t completely butcher her really sweet jp S-support with M!Corrin which is something I will never forgive them for.

Edited by Ottservia

• Replies 357
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Ottservia said:

She’s actually much better in the Japanese version of fates because Treehouse does not know how to localize a tsundere apparently. I mean 8-4 isn’t great either but they didn’t completely butcher her really sweet jp S-support with M!Corrin which is something I will never forgive them for.

Oh my lord can we talk about how many of those Fates fucked up though? Like jesus they decided to play so many of them for comedy instead and that just does NOT work at all.

Another reason I dislike caeldori, is everyone think she is “canon” daughter of Selena, and giving Selena more trauma is a very sad thing to do

Edited by ciphertul

17 hours ago, Etheus said:

I see this thread going very bad places very quickly. 

But Nowi. God, I hate Nowi.

Elise being a close second. I already disliked her, but her taking up a character slot in Warriors AND being just flat out better than Leo (a character I like) in literally every single way that matters was just too much.

Alrighty, then. A few more because people are going way beyond just one.

Peri. Just... Peri.

Meg. Meg is awful.

Flayn is annoying. Totally Elise 2.0.

Lysithea is just a straight up nasty person all the time, and she only gets away with it because she's an attractive girl.

Sylvain is a horrible dirtbag even/especially by womanizer standards. Whereas the others generally (except for Inigo) are the type to stop when they are in a relationship. The worst that can be said for someone like Virion is that he's forward and gets right to the point; that doesn't make him a bad person, as shown by the way he actually respects and supports women in his romantic supports. Sylvain just can't be satisfied. And if there is one thing that grinds my gears, it's a successful womanizer.

Soleil is a creep, but because she's a woman, it's apparently funny. 

Makalov is an intentionally unlikable character in his own right, but ruining Astrid's character in RD really pushes him over the top.

Edited by Etheus

The Fates' kids.

I dislike all of them, and not just for them being irrelevant to the story.

Most of them have the same gimmick as their parent (like Velouria, Soleil, Ophelia or Siebert who I hate even more now thanks to him pitybroken me thrice in Heroes)

Then there's the three Awakening "clones" children (Rhajat, Asugi and Caeldori) that are just worse version of the characters they are based off.

8 minutes ago, ciphertul said:

Another reason I dislike caeldori, is everyone think she is “canon” daughter of Selena, and giving Selena more trauma is a very sad thing to do

Well if you read the supports it’s actually one of Selena’s better fates supports because it actually allows her to grow and overcome her inferiority complex to a degree. It’s sweet which is why I normally pair her with Subaki every time I play revelation. Oh that family is just full of perfectionists that secretly hate themselves but they’re all too prideful to admit it. It’s sweet in its own way

28 minutes ago, Midnox said:

Do I have permission to participate?

Do you have Fire Emblem Insurance?

------------------------------------------------------------------
I've kind of mellowed out over the years, I can't really bring myself to fervently hate any characters anymore, at least in Fire Emblem.

I wouldn't say they're my least favorite characters in the series. 
I just don't like Hector or Ephraim as characters, for personal reasons. I've never been fond of the "brash, tough, manly" characters, and with these two I still can't, I just don't like them, I don't enjoy them, and I get annoyed with their dialogue on screen. Probably more so to Hector, because I don't think FE7 is well written to begin with, but yea. Not my thing.

Besides like... Kris, I guess the only character I really dislike passionately enough anymore is Asugi from Fates. Just copy-paste Gaius into the game, but remove any good points about him and make him one gimmick. Incredible. The other copy-paste kids had some semblance of something there, Rhajat is pretty nice. But Asugi is... blegh.

3 minutes ago, Caster said:

Besides like... Kris, I guess the only character I really dislike passionately enough anymore is Asugi from Fates. Just copy-paste Gaius into the game, but remove any good points about him and make him one gimmick. Incredible. The other copy-paste kids had some semblance of something there, Rhajat is pretty nice. But Asugi is... blegh.

Asugi just makes me sad. He was the one potential Fates kid with a chance to actually mean something at the end of the day, and they just slapped bootleg Gaius on him and called it a day. He would've been such better as just an original character entirely and throw the Gaius clone on Kaze's kid slot, or remove them entirely (even if Rhajat is a pretty good change to Tharja).

3 minutes ago, Emerson said:

Asugi just makes me sad. He was the one potential Fates kid with a chance to actually mean something at the end of the day, and they just slapped bootleg Gaius on him and called it a day. He would've been such better as just an original character entirely and throw the Gaius clone on Kaze's kid slot, or remove them entirely (even if Rhajat is a pretty good change to Tharja).

Most of the kids in fate are bad a couple are okay like kanna and Kaze’s daughter Midori

I was thinking that same thing on Peri but was keeping it to myself. Oh one more thing people hate on Peri and Henry but say nothing on Reina who is the same

Edited by ciphertul

Just now, Ottservia said:

People hate on Peri too much. She’s an adorable  and sad little bean that’s dealing with some trauma. Cut her some slack

She's a literal serial killer who shows no growth in any aspect and makes every character around her worse because they treat her literal murder habit like it's just some bad "biting your nails" habit when they should be treating it like the horrendous crime it is. She would literally be an unrecruitable boss in any other FE game but Fates is gonna Fates.

I teach actual murderers as my job and I love my students dearly and I still cannot sympathize with or cut Peri slack. She's probably my #1 least fave, sadly

Edited by Specta

Just now, ciphertul said:

Most of the kids in fate are bad a couple are okay like kanna and Kaze’s daughter Midori 

I find a majority of them to be at least decent characters in a vacuum, honestly. Shiro is kinda neat, and Siegbert, while a bit boring and generic, isn't too bad. I genuinely appreciate Ophelia and how she differs from Owain overall (and to be fair, how else would his kid be), and I also find Mitama to be enjoyable to read. But then we have some stinkers like Soleil and Nina, the latter being a major disappointment since instead of making a fun Robin Hood thief character, we just have a fetishized fujoshi.

Honestly their main issue is just
existing
While their individual character honestly improves from not being in the clusterfuck of a story that is Fates, and are instead entirely in the generally better written supports, it also means they have literally 0 place in the grand scheme of thing and suffer haaaaard from it.

After you can guess what i have to actively resist the impulse to send Byleth in a wawe of enemies whitout a weapon and do that over and over untill i ran out of divine pulses. But this is not Byleth fault 

If anything, i am realizing how much ii don't really hate anyone. I refuse to use Camilla, but in the ideas i have for a fire emblem game there is a character that is basically Camilla how i think she should have been handled, so indon't have a wholly negative opinion of her. 

3 minutes ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

She's a literal serial killer who shows no growth in any aspect and makes every character around her worse because they treat her literal murder habit like it's just some bad "biting your nails" habit when they should be treating it like the horrendous crime it is. She would literally be an unrecruitable boss in any other FE game but Fates is gonna Fates.

Yeah but that’s not so much a problem with Peri, herself, but rather the other characters around. Peri herself is actually pretty consistent and acts in a way her past would dictate that she would. Also doesn’t show any growth? Someone hasn’t read her Laslow supports. Not saying you have to like her or anything just that a majority of those criticisms just don’t really apply to her.

I feel like one of the other issues with Peri's writing is it's portraying it as comical and quirky that she's an absolute actual serial murderer, which is on her delivery as a character, and I think is a fair issue to take with her, though, maybe also a notably subjective interpretation since I'm going by impressions and not by dredging up textual evidence

6 minutes ago, Ottservia said:

Yeah but that’s not so much a problem with Peri, herself, but rather the other characters around. Peri herself is actually pretty consistent and acts in a way her past would dictate that she would. Also doesn’t show any growth? Someone hasn’t read her Laslow supports. Not saying you have to like her or anything just that a majority of those criticisms just don’t really apply to her.

I have, in fact, read her Laslow supports, and I see no growth there. She's the same old literal serial murderer who shouldn't have been a recruitable character. Every single criticism I have of her applies directly to her.

4 minutes ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

I have, in fact, read her Laslow supports, and I see no growth there. She's the same old literal serial murderer who shouldn't have been a recruitable character. Every single criticism I have of her applies directly to her.

I actually agree that Peri doesn't grow in her Laslow support. There's definitely a semblance of it starting, however due to the nature of FE Supports pre-SoV, she unfortunately cannot fully change due to the fact that she has to be able to act the same in every other support. It's a shame, because I genuinely think she could hypothetically be a semi-decent character should Fates writing not be Fates writing.

Edited by Emerson

21 minutes ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

Wasn't Karel a serial killer in his own right? Or Henry, even if he seems to only kill enemies?

I think having even very despicable people around may make sense for an army, as long as they have a common enemy or are trying to save the world (even the worst criminals want to live, so i see why they would help againist an apocalypse).

The problem whit Peri in particular is that the other people have to act out of their characters to even tolerate her, wich does not really happen for Karel or Henry. Why Camus 3.0 has a psycho as his retainer? Camilla, who is messed up in her own right, Leon, who is pragmatic enought to work whit an evil but competent person, may make sense as Peri' commanders, but Xander does not. And this whitout lighting the dumpster fire that are most of their supports. 

I still don't hate her, mostly because i don't care much about her. But she looks like a bad attempt at recreating what made Henry fun and popular, whitout realizing why the audience let him get away whit his bloodlust.

Edited by Flere210

20 minutes ago, ciphertul said:

Oh one more thing people hate on Peri and Henry but say nothing on Reina who is the same

Because Reina isn't the same? Sure she shows no mercy and enjoys killing the enemy in the battlefield but outside of that she's pretty normal. Like she's doesn't go on killing sprees in her free time or has an obsession with blood or whatever. It's more akin to Camilla really. Sweet on her friends but brutal to foes.

1 minute ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

And there’s the problem, I have with this standpoint. Should she have been a recruitable character? Well that’s not my nor your decision to make. I dislike the word ‘should’ such an arrogant sounding word. If the devs wanted to make a character like that then I’m certainly not gonna complain. I’ll criticize the execution but not the idea itself. Once again no, the criticisms you gave is that she makes other characters inconsistent which isn’t necessarily her fault but rather the writing that surrounds her. I think @Flere210 put it best. The problem with Peri is that other characters have to act OOC in order for the supports to work. Peri on her own is not a bad character. The problem lies more so in how she interacts with other characters.

4 minutes ago, Flere210 said:

The problem whit Peri in particular is that the other people have to act out of their characters to even tolerate her, wich does not really happen for Karel or Henry. Why Camus 3.0 has a psycho as his retainer? Camilla, who is messed up in her own right, Leon, who is pragmatic enought to work whit an evil but competent person, may make sense as Peri' commanders, but Xander does not. And this whitout lighting the dumpster fire that are most of their supports. 

Their support reveal that Peri is Xander's retainer because Xander wanted to get into her pants. Naughty Xander!

2 minutes ago, NegativeExponents- said:

Because Reina isn't the same? Sure she shows no mercy and enjoys killing the enemy in the battlefield but outside of that she's pretty normal. Like she's doesn't go on killing sprees in her free time or has an obsession with blood or whatever. It's more akin to Camilla really. Sweet on her friends but brutal to foes.

Reina gets full on murder highs, I think she is only different from peri do to age.

Y'know, it's a bit of a shame when you're worse than a character with 1 support. Reina's got some interesting dynamics going on with Corrin that I wish we got explored more, and I REALLY wish she supported Orochi.

Edited by Emerson