Who is you least liked or most hated FE characters

ciphertul

3 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Hoo boy, somebody hasn't played TearRing Saga.

Ye0mwpvi oJ015avhm oIrrdqn4a o2zmzcb60 oCtmximdg o

Yeah. Arden not lookin' so bad now, is he? Also, one of these is playable. Take a guess which one it is.

From right to left I'd say. 

Your advisor from TRS Eugene I think you called him. 

The Evil sorcerer guy. 

Generic bandit man. 

Arena dude. 

And I guess the old man has to be the playable one, he's not that ugly man. 

Sigurd because his personality is LITERALLY the exact same as Corrin, The always righteous white knight, whose only flaw is his naïveté, and nobody ever calls him or genealogy out on it.  

• Replies 357
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A lot of my reasons for disliking or hating characters is pretty petty so um...

Bored and Umbilical Cord: Not Barst.

Vyland: Boring while also having my least favourite design among his other three companions.

Johan: Punchable face, kind of annoying, and I don't really care for movement in FE4. Goodbye loser.

Hilda: Very sure she is supposed to be hated, and boy do I hate her. Doesn't help that I really like Tailtiu and her kids, so knowing what she did to her truly does anger me.

Sylvia: Please stop interfering me from pairing Lewyn with Erin thanks.

Lester: I really don't like his design. I'm not even entirely sure why, I just find it awful. I'd gladly take Dimna over him any day if only I could also get to keep Lana.

Alec: Not a fan of his design, nor his personality, nor his smug face, and I never found his combat exceptional enough to like him more. 

Cain: The Leonster trio (Cain, Alva and Robert O.Speedwagon) don't really have much of a personality in the game, and iirc they don't even have any dialogue (exception being the death and escape quotes). So yeah they're boring, but at least Alva and Robert look cute. Cain not so much, sorry dude.

Oujay: That blue and yellow colour scheme is awful to look at. He can do fine in combat at least, but Dick and Edgy are just way better, so that doesn't help him.

Raigh: His portrait in-game looks so bad, and he's pretty average in terms of gameplay for me at least. I also hate it whenever I get him in FEH.

Cath: Haha yes I do find it very fun to talk to you three times in three separate chapters just to recruit a thief with poor base stats considering the join time and the fact that two other, way better thieves join fairly early on.

Kent: I don't really remember much of his personality, but his combat is usually awful for me, especially when compared to Sain and Lowen

Wil: He just seems so...generic. His backstory is interesting at least.

Heath: Wtf is that hair. Disgusting.

Matthew: I used to like Matthew at first, but I've slowly started to just dislike him and I'm not really sure why. I suppose two reasons is that I don't like his design as much anymore, and Legault is just better in every way that I don't see much point in using him.

Colm: I don't really dislike any of the SS cast. Colm I like the least I guess, mainly for his usual attitude towards Neimi and his meh design. Still, I don't completely despise him.

Selena: I have played neither Fates or Awakening, but judging from her dialogue in FEH she seems like a tsundere type. Not a fan of that trope, so I assume I wouldn't like Selena much in the mainline games she appears in either.

That's all for now

Edited by Flee Fleet!

5 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

Thank you for sharing this!
The S-support was really sweet in the original. No wonder you called the localized one disastrous.

It honestly baffles me as to why treehouse made the changes they did with that support. Like come on Tsundere isn’t really all that hard to localize. Plenty of anime dubs are able to do it just fine. Like the original S-support is very typical tsundere sweetness which is in line with her character because that’s what she is. The localized version though. I have no idea what the fuck happened there.

10 minutes ago, Ottservia said:

It honestly baffles me as to why treehouse made the changes they did with that support. Like come on Tsundere isn’t really all that hard to localize. Plenty of anime dubs are able to do it just fine. Like the original S-support is very typical tsundere sweetness which is in line with her character because that’s what she is. The localized version though. I have no idea what the fuck happened there.

The funny thing is, Awakening managed to do it just fine. And other JRPGs that make use of the trope have been doing it right in their localizations as well.

43 minutes ago, Pengaius said:

Sigurd because his personality is LITERALLY the exact same as Corrin, The always righteous white knight, whose only flaw is his naïveté, and nobody ever calls him or genealogy out on it.  

If I had to guess as to the reasons (and yes, I'll go into this mindfield, blindfolded even), it's because the FE4 (and Kaga) worship in parts of the FE fanbase is as ridiculous as the avatar worship in the newer games is made out to be. A golden horse that can do no wrong, and all that.
I don't think it needs to be said, but just to be safe: of course this doesn't apply to everyone and it's gotten increasingly rarer (at least on here, as far as I can tell), but still.

And to not veer off topic too much, I have another contribution to make to my worst characters list:

Innes - Like Shinon and Takumi, he's an arrogant asshole, full of himself to the last. I can't stand that type of person irl, so it's only logical that I hate it in games, too.

On that note, FE8's cast in general fails in terms of likeability or memorability. There is only two characters in the entire cast that I actually like, that being Tana and  Eirika.

Edited by DragonFlames

3 hours ago, eclipse said:

1. It's GOTTA be the dude with the eyepatch!  😛

2. Tomas is willing to put an arrow through Kris' head in the name of science training.  That's awesome.  I'm kinda sad that Sedgar's personality is bland, but at least he's cute!

I mean, he would've made for a cool playable Brigand. Wouldn't have been too out of place, either, next to the likes of Norton and Garo.

And yeah, I could never forget Tomas nearly shooting Kris three times over. That moment truly cemented him as one of my favourite Archaneans.

3 hours ago, Jotari said:

I doubt it is, but I really hope it's the old guy on the far right. Mainly because I have no idea what class he'd be placed into.

Hahah, that would've been great, but no.

Spoiler

It's the guy in the middle. He's an Armor Knight named Norton.

1 hour ago, Pengaius said:

From right to left I'd say. 

Your advisor from TRS Eugene I think you called him. 

The Evil sorcerer guy. 

Generic bandit man. 

Arena dude. 

And I guess the old man has to be the playable one, he's not that ugly man. 

Eugene

You know, I'm not sure why, but the Codha comparison doesn't really tick me off as much as the fact that you got his name wrong. Purposely, no doubt.

My point is, you're a dastard. May you suffer in butterless Hell for your sins.

1 hour ago, Pengaius said:

Well, I dare say you're wrong here. A certain someone did give him hell for his naïveté. Eh? Eh?

54 minutes ago, Flee Fleet! said:

Bored and Umbilical Cord

Bwahahahahahahahah... I love you, man.

54 minutes ago, Flee Fleet! said:

Raigh

I now hate you.

22 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

it's because the FE4 (and Kaga) worship in the general FE fanbase is as ridiculous as the avatar worship in the newer games is made out to be.

U-Uh... I claim guilty as charged, I think?

I mean, I hate some of the stunts he pulls in his games as much as the next man, and FE4 is a game that does not seem appealing to me in the slightest... but on the other hand, I consider Berwick Saga to be a masterpiece and the best strategy game I have ever played, so... yeah...

I keep making posts to reply to people, but then I feel like I need to hate on somebody to justify them. So here we go again.

Malleshia, or Malliesia, or Marisha, or Malicia, or however she's called this time of the year. Turns out the "girl that fawns over the protagonist" archetype did not start in the 3DS. This girl's insufferable. She also suffers (or, well, rather "benefits") from being in the same situation as Perceval and Rutger: she's by far the best healer in her game, her availability is unmatched, and Hammerne is exclusive to her. Needless to say, I'd much rather give up those weapon repairs than put up with this little shit. Wrys, Etzel and Yumina can do her job just fine, thank you very much.

Also, for some reason they gave her, like, three supports in FE12? And yet Abel and Cain does not exist. We clearly live in the worst timeline.

Also also, I can't for the life of me figure out her name. The old (and so far only) FE12 translation calls her Malicia, but that is easily confused with Malice, who is one of my favourite females in the series, so... yeah. I do not want to call her that.

Gotoh. God, I hate this bastard. In FE11 he isn't so bad. For some reason he lives in a random Macedonian village, but he's a decent enough sort. He's skeptical of humans at first, but he still offers Marth a chance and tries to persuade Michalis to surrender peacefully, so clearly he isn't all about blind hatred. When Marth proves his worth, not only does he craft the Starlight for him, he also joins his cause in the final chapter, provided you did not go to 24x. If you go to 24x, he still helps by warping you to Nagi's tower - a feat that drains him of his power to the point that he's unable to join. Quite the sacrifice. He's not a bad guy here, not by any means.

Then there's FE12. I firmly believe he went senile somewhere between the two games, because FE12 Gotoh seems to have learned nothing. In FE11, he didn't trust mankind - and who could blame him? The last human he knew was a jealous psycopath who murdered Gotoh's second apprentice and made off with an extremely dangerous spell so he could help the prince of the dragonkin take over the world. But by FE12, he's seen Marth at work. He knows Marth is a hero and his followers, good people, and his belief in humankind has been restored (as he himself said at the end of FE11, when he joins).

So why in the name of fuck would he, under the pretense that Marth "needed to prove himself", send him and his army to trek across an infamously deadly desert full of wild wyverns, volcanoes filled to the brim with fire dragons and glacial peaks guarded by beasts of ice?! He didn't need to prove anything, you old bastard! He already did it in the last war! You said it yourself! All those chapters, all of them, they were nothing but a huge waste of time! You could've just warped to Khadein, given him the orbs, and be done with it!

Speaking of warping: lazy bum can't be bothered to go get starshards. Even though he can warp himself and others at will, he charges Wendell with the task. Wendell alone, yeah. If Marth hadn't agreed to help him with the quest, the starsphere would never have been restored. Not to mention that, by forcing Wendell to leave on a fool's errand, Arlen and Merric were left alone in Khadein, making the former an extremely easy target for Hardin and Gharnef's manipulation.

Then there's the fact that the whole walk through deserts, volcanoes and frozen peaks isn't to get to some sacred temple where the lightsphere resides, or to find the missing starshards -- No no, it's the way to Gotoh's friggin' home! He moved from his cozy little hamlet in Macedon to a giant keep in the middle of nowhere that looks like it belongs to a supervillain. In it, he keeps Tiki locked up in a dark room without so much as allowing her to see the light of day. It's also full of thieves, dragons and dark sorcerers when Marth arrives, for some reason. I've always believed that he hired a band of sellswords to attack Marth, just so he could laugh at him some more. But, you know? At least, at the very least, he was corteous enough to warp the Alteans back to Altea when Marth finally fulfilled all of his arbitrary tests of courage.

He wasn't corteous enough to join again, though! He has absolutely no reason not to join at the end of FE12. Before that, fine, he was "investigating". He's always off "investigating" Naga knows what. Can't be doing much, because it takes him the entire game to figure out the simplest plot imaginable. But at the end, there's nothing left to investigate. He had already laid everything out, he knew what Gharnef and Medeus's plan was. At this point, he should have joined Marth, to help him finish off the evil two once and for all. But he doesn't do it because... honestly? I have no idea. It's something about FE12 that's always mystified me. In FE3 I guess he didn't join because of technical limitations - but what's his excuse in the remake? They added everyone from Barst to Macellan, why not Gotoh?

And then there's the scene at the epilogue if Caeda is dead. In FE11, there's this really heartfelt scene where Nyna shares Marth's sorrow and they mourn their respective loved ones together. In FE12? Literally all that happens is, Gotoh arrives and says to Marth's face "now that Princess Caeda is dead, you will live the rest of your days alone and miserable". Oh yeah, that's a nice thing to say, right after he did your job for you, after you didn't lift a finger to help because you're a lazy asshole!!

Overall, he's a complete nuisance that has the power of a god, but doesn't use it because he doesn't feel like it. It's crazy how much of the game could've been prevented if only he could be arsed to use his warping powers for something. If nothing else, he could've saved Marth the trouble of going through deserts, volcanoes and peaks! Do you have any idea how many people I've lost to those chapters in my ironman runs of the game? Way too many! It's seriously aggravating, to know that all those brave people died for nothing. Because that's what those chapters are. Nothing. Nothing more than Gotoh's stupidity at work.

...phew. That was long. I'm surprised I didn't think to rant about Gotoh in my previous two posts. I've hated him for a very long time, now. Probably a strong contender for my most hated character in the series, actually. Because people like Rutger, Clarine and Merlinus are awful - but at least they're just regular joes. They aren't a demigod that puts the entire world at risk because he feels like forcing good folks through hell for his own personal entertainment!

Edited by Saint Rubenio

15 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

U-Uh... I claim guilty as charged, I think?

I mean, I hate some of the stunts he pulls in his games as much as the next man, and FE4 is a game that does not seem appealing to me in the slightest... but on the other hand, I consider Berwick Saga to be a masterpiece and the best strategy game I have ever played, so... yeah...

Please don't misunderstand me. I wasn't trying to denounce anyone who likes FE4, Kaga or any other game he made. It just came to my attention that some people tend to worship him, FE4 and the rest of his games like Fates worships Corrin.

Some people overpraise the Kaga era like some amazing moment of deep storytelling, but most of it is Kaga trying to adapt LoGH as 12 ep anime. 

Kaga remind me of Takahashi as a crestive mind that does not recognize the limit he is working on and always bite more than he can chew. Also, i feel he try to integrate story whit gameplay more than necessary, such as in the maps of genealogy. Sure you get to narrate this big epic war, too bad i have to deal whit hours of mindless walking over gigantic maps too experience it.

Edited by Flere210

5 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Hey, but be fair with me. I said he's not a very good person, not that I dislike him as a character. He's my favourite of the "womanizer" trope. Mainly because he's actually portrayed as a creepy stalker with occasional redeeming moments, rather than as a lovable goofball that is actually an awesome guy when he's not being disgusting. All the others are so predictable...

Also, I love that he's a priest. Probably the best class to put one of these dudes in.

His Igrene and Jodel supports are highlights of his character.

5 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Ahahah... that didn't last long, did it.

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Bwahahahahahahahah... I love you, man.

I now hate you.

FE6 is truly a volatile game.

Edited by AnonymousSpeed

8 hours ago, Ottservia said:

Severa isn’t even “jerk with a hard of gold though” that’s not what tsunderes are. Brady and Helbindi are “Jerks with a heart of gold”. Tsunderes are more “really sweet but don’t want to show it off” kinda deal. It’s honestly really hard to describe unless you get it already. It isn’t so much that she has a heart of gold but rather that underneath that outer layer of tsun tsun there’s a really sweet and loving girl but for whatever reason she just doesn’t want to admit to it. Like they’re completely awful at hiding their true feelings and get all flustered when you catch them doing so. The best example I can think of in more western media is Helga from hey arnold. The crux of tsundere isn’t so much that they’re nice but more so the idea that they’re not really being honest with themselves and the way they try to deny it is adorable. Like it’s better to think of them in terms of romance if anything. It’s as they say “In the end, it’s all worth it for that blush” cause that’s really where their appeal lies. 

Like “jerk with a hard of gold” characters are nice despite how they usually act. Tsundere characters are sweet and loving despite how they usually act and yes there is a difference. A “jerk” character will typically do nice things through their actions and they won’t necessarily deny it(depending on the character anyway) but they’ll do it more silently. A tsundere will bake a cake for their supposed love interest only for them to get insecure about it, rattle on about how they only made it in like five minutes to give off the impression that they didn’t care enough to put any effort into it(when it’s very much so the opposite), then blush and get really flustered when you tell them it’s actually really good. They’ll call you stupid but in reality they’re really happy that you liked it but they’re a flustered mess at that point. You can see this a lot in Takumi’s supports which is why he’s classified as a male tsundere. There’s a reason why the quintessential tsundere phrase is “It’s not like I like you or anything! BAKA!”

As someone who puts way too much thought into the breaking down of common anime and story telling tropes, I felt I needed to clarify this.

Admittedly, I'm not all that familiar with the tsundere trope (I know what it is, but I can't easily tell if a character is one or not). From her paralogue and the supports I unlocked (which admittedly isn't very many, but I suck at getting supports in every Fire Emblem game not named Echoes)  I got the impression that Severa was a jerk who's heart was in the right place largely due to how rude she was to pretty much everyone she talked to, yet she still cared to get Holland out of the mess and was both angry and happy to see her mother again. In supports, she didn't antagonize her partner, but she is vitriolic, and that's the main reason I don't like Severa. I don't enjoy reading through her supports or conversations with others. I can see how others might, but personally, I don't find dealing with her crap all that run or rewarding.

6 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Hoo boy, somebody hasn't played TearRing Saga.

Ye0mwpvi oJ015avhm oIrrdqn4a o2zmzcb60 oCtmximdg o

Yeah. Arden not lookin' so bad now, is he? Also, one of these is playable. Take a guess which one it is.

*Sees TearRing Saga*

*Is reminded of the Slaver*

*Starts foaming at mouth*

On 1/31/2019 at 5:39 PM, Hawkwing said:

KILL HIM!!! SLAY HIM!!! SKIN HIM!!! RIP HIS HEART OUT AND THROW IT DOWN HIS THROAT!!! RIP OUT HIS THROAT AND SHOVE IT UP HIS...!!!

One of my tamer reactions towards the bastard.

Also, I see the alt text names are still a thing.

5 minutes ago, Hawkwing said:

Admittedly, I'm not all that familiar with the tsundere trope (I know what it is, but I can't easily tell if a character is one or not). From her paralogue and the supports I unlocked (which admittedly isn't very many, but I suck at getting supports in every Fire Emblem game not named Echoes)  I got the impression that Severa was a jerk who's heart was in the right place largely due to how rude she was to pretty much everyone she talked to, yet she still cared to get Holland out of the mess and was both angry and happy to see her mother again. In supports, she didn't antagonize her partner, but she is vitriolic, and that's the main reason I don't like Severa. I don't enjoy reading through her supports or conversations with others. I can see how others might, but personally, I don't find dealing with her crap all that run or rewarding.

And that’s fine. I ain’t gonna berate anyone for having different tastes. Lord know my tastes are extremely weird to someone who isn’t an extreme weeb like I am. I just felt the need to clarify the archetype Severa was a part of. She’s a tsundere through and through but that’s just the thing I love about her honestly. Though that’s just me. When it comes to tsunderes, you gotta remember 90% of what they say means the opposite of how they actually feel. It’s that part of the archetype that makes them endearing at least to me

5 hours ago, Flere210 said:

Some people overpraise the Kaga era like some amazing moment of deep storytelling, but most of it is Kaga trying to adapt LoGH as 12 ep anime. 

Kaga remind me of Takahashi as a crestive mind that does not recognize the limit he is working on and always bite more than he can chew. Also, i feel he try to integrate story whit gameplay more than necessary, such as in the maps of genealogy. Sure you get to narrate this big epic war, too bad i have to deal whit hours of mindless walking over gigantic maps too experience it.

In a thread dedicated to disliking FE characters, you've managed to dislike the creator of the game.  I'm utterly torn between reminding you what this thread is about, and being impressed.

Most Hated

• King Desmond: What a piece of human garbage. He's basically single-handedly responsible for Zephiel becoming such a misanthrope, and all due to something as petty as envy of his own son.
  • Tharja: Just...no. Her design, her obsession with Robin, how Noire turned out, none of it does anything to endear me to her.
  • Charlotte: Again, her design and "questionable" motivations turned me off the moment she was introduced. Being a terrible unit didn't help her case either.

Least Liked

• Lowen: He's such a meh unit, and his design makes me yawn just looking at him.
  • Cordelia: I really don't get why she's so popular. Her Chrom schtick gets old incredibly quickly and it's so omnipresent that I can't get past it to anything interesting about her.
  • Kana: Probably the most disappointing FE character for me. After the lovable bundle of hard-working tactical snark that was Morgan, I was hoping for another fun daughter in Fates. What I got was the most cliche 8-year old ever. I have four younger cousins, so I've seen more than enough childish behavior to be completely and utterly unimpressed by Kana. She was neither a realistically balanced kid nor cutesy enough to allow me to look past that. I genuinely enjoyed Morgan's parental supports for exploring two radically different sides of her character, while Kana's were just generic lovey-dovey tripe. Design-wise I also vastly prefer Morgan, although in that case it's largely because I hate Corrin's outfit.

Ok, let me start...

-As mentioned above, I don’t like Peri. I hate the fact that she’s an insane killer, the game expects you to not think much of it because she’s a quirky and cute girl. 
-Oboro and Hinata. I don’t know why, but their pictures in FEH... they both bother me for some reason... considering Fate’s bad writing, I wouldn’t be surprised if they were crap characters personality wise

-Surtr: who started as an intimidating villain, quickly became a joke once he wouldn’t stop boasting about his cruel act he’s gonna do next

-Corrin and Azura: they are so bland and generic that I’m sure they are remembered the most just for being barefoot

-And of course, the one you have been waiting for, Camilla ^^: Is simple why I hate her. Not as much because of her tits, but that I’m expected to be convinced otherwise. She’s beautiful? I can count playable ladies who aren’t with one hand. She’s a monster of a unit? Powerful female characters aren’t exactly scarce in the franchise either. She has a tragic backstory? It would work, if not were for her shoving her fanservice around, her lines always having sexual undertones, and that’s just there to give the illusion of a character due to the previously mentioned, and her being in the worst written FE game. Hell, best they could give me was her having one of the best Japanese voice actresses. Well, that doesn’t work either, as 1-no voice actor can save a bad character

2-I’m a dub over subs heretic (disclaimer: calling people who prefer dubs “heretics” is a joke, if you haven’t noticed I’m including myself)

So... people hate Camilla’s sexual undertones, but not Niles’. Odd, I find Niles more irritating then Camilla. But Dubs Vs Sub is an odd thing to bring up... did you just wanna put that out there?

3 minutes ago, ciphertul said:

So... people hate Camilla’s sexual undertones, but not Niles’. Odd, I find Niles more irritating then Camilla. But Dubs Vs Sub is an odd thing to bring up... did you just wanna put that out there?

People hate it on Camilla simply because of constantly shoved in your face it is. Like whenever Camilla is on screen with Corrin, you can just feel the devs just breathing down your neck and going “hey you know you can fuck that, right?” And it’s incredibly annoying. With her, it’s clear the devs were more concerned with writing “Big titty Onee-chan please step on me” than writing an actual character with depth. Niles by contrast is actually more likable due to his naughty tongue. It gives him charm and that’s clearly the intent.

2 minutes ago, Ottservia said:

People hate it on Camilla simply because of constantly shoved in your face it is. Like whenever Camilla is on screen with Corrin, you can just feel the devs just breathing down your neck and going “hey you know you can fuck that, right?” And it’s incredibly annoying. With her, it’s clear the devs were more concerned with writing “Big titty Onee-chan please step on me” than writing an actual character with depth. Niles by contrast is actually more likable due to his naughty tongue. It gives him charm and that’s clearly the intent.

I beg to differ, Niles is awful and rather unlikable especially in Warriors. Yes Camilla is more than not just sex appeal, but she isn’t as forced down you throat as Azura. Now there is a character the devs want to tap.

Aside from the obvious Fates picks...

Arvis - I truely and uttely loathe this guy. Not only the character, but how he was written and how the fanbase seems to give him a pass because of one line he says at the end. He commits a massacre, wroks with moustache twirling dark dudes, while being a moustache twirling villain himself for 90% of the game. Then at the end he says something along the lines of ''I wanted to be a hero'' and the game somehow tries to tell me we should symphatize with him? No, i wanted to kill him even more after that. It really also pissed me off how the fanbase seems to give him a pass because of that one line he says before he dies.

Edited by Shrimperor

On 1/28/2020 at 5:58 PM, ciphertul said:

Well talking about Bastian, I do hold a hate towards Geoffrey. That darn lime knight thinks he is so good.

I don't dislike Geoffrey, but I do find him to be extremely placid. His whole personality can be summed up as, "He is a knight of Crimea", "He is Lucia's brother", "He is in love with his foster-sister Elincia (which is more than a bit messed-up by the way)." Ilyana had more to her than that!

He'd certainly be in my least-liked category, but not my most-disliked. 

Edited by vanguard333

21 hours ago, Pengaius said:

The game kind of calls him out on it by the end of Gen 1. Not so much with words but more by actions. 

Kaga even said this in an interview:

Spoiler

Although Sigurd is the protagonist, he is also heavily flawed, his aforementioned love included. He is also extremely naïve, even compared to Seliph. The tragedy would not have happened were he a more competent person.

7 minutes ago, vanguard333 said:

I don't dislike Geoffrey, but I do find him to be extremely placid. His whole personality can be summed up as, "He is a knight of Crimea", "He is Lucia's brother", "He is in love with his foster-sister Elincia (which is more than a bit messed-up by the way)." Ilyana had more to her than that!

He'd certainly be in my least-liked category, but not my most-disliked. 

Ouch, right in the waifu...

But when people say they want forced/canon relationships, I think of that one and I ask why?

I frankly think mentioning Fates characters is unfair, it'd be a shorter list to name actually good Fates characters than bad ones.

Awakening to me doesn't have any egregiously annoying or awful characters, primarily ones that are boring and add little, but Tharja is simply an awful human being who doesn't deserve the love she gets from the fandom. The obsessive girl shtick is annoying, made worse by the fact that in many S-supports she basically goes "Meh, I guess I'll settle for you." to a guy who genuinely does love her, but what takes the cake is her undeniably abusive treatment of her daughter Noire. Fuck Tharja.

As far as Three Houses goes, my two least favourites are Raphael who brings down the entire narrative with his complete lack of character. He literally has nothing going for him other than 'eat food' and 'muscles', oh right, he also has a sister. It just stands out in the worst way in a game with remarkably well-developed characters most of the time. The other is Leonie, who I'm not sure anyone could have thought was likable? Who thought "you don't love your dad as much as I do" was a good personality trait? 

Edited by nefferinthia

18 hours ago, KMT4ever said:

Least Liked

• Cordelia: I really don't get why she's so popular. Her Chrom schtick gets old incredibly quickly and it's so omnipresent that I can't get past it to anything interesting about her.

I think most would agree that her Chrom schtick gets old quickly. However, it's mostly remedied by her support conversations; especially her support conversations with Male Robin. Not only do most of her supports not mention Chrom at all, her support with Robin explores her past as part of Ylisse's Pegasus Knights, the origin of why she hates being called a "genius", and involves her dealing with her grief over the loss of her fellow Pegasus Knights. It's honestly one of the best supports in Awakening to the point where I S-Supported her even after seeing her whole Chrom Schtick.

It also helps that she's a beautiful redhead with a sweet personality.

3 hours ago, ciphertul said:

Ouch, right in the waifu...

But when people say they want forced/canon relationships, I think of that one and I ask why?

Geoffrey's your waifu? Just kidding; I know you're referring to Ilyana.

I think the reason some people say they want canon relationships is that some of them have been written fairly decently. Micaiah and Sothe weren't bad; neither were Marth and Caeda in spite of Shadow Dragon's barebones script. Also, when some optional romances have been written very well, I can see why some would want to see a relationship at that level of writing quality that is also able to be better explored by not having to be optional. 

Edited by vanguard333

5 minutes ago, vanguard333 said:

Micaiah and Sothe weren't bad; neither were Marth and Caeda in spite of Shadow Dragon's barebones script.

...excuse me? Really?
I was really a bit weirded out by Miccy x Sothe, although i can accept it, but Marth x Caeda is your typical Kaga noble romance. Not what i would call not bad even

1 minute ago, Shrimperor said:

...excuse me? Really?
I was really a bit weirded out by Miccy x Sothe, although i can accept it, but Marth x Caeda is your typical Kaga noble romance. Not what i would call not bad even

Micaiah and Sothe is fairly divisive, but, regardless of if it’s weird, the dynamic is there; how close they are is well-explored and their interactions together are given enough chemistry to convey the close bond that the two of them have.

As for Marth and Caeda, I can’t really call it good or bad due to how barebones everything is.