Who is you least liked or most hated FE characters

ciphertul

28 minutes ago, Magenta Fantasies said:

Whether something happens in the main story or supports, it's still an important part of the character. You can't disregard supports as evidence. The vast majority of characters in Fire Emblem, for better or worse, have most their character development in supports. That's even true of main characters. E.g. in Awakening, Robin, Chrom, Lissa, Lucina and Frederick have most of their character development in their supports. This is a necessity in a franchise with very large casts in each game, otherwise the games' storylines would be bogged down with side stories for dozens of characters.

Camilla is not sadistic. In Birthright, she might come across that way as an enemy, but her kind and motherly side is very obvious in Conquest. She is as kind to her allies as she is cruel to her enemies because they endanger her loved ones. Camilla never harms innocent people or anyone who doesn't deserve harm. She has no mercy for her enemies, but the same could be said for more of the cast than not. I find it interesting that Camilla gets criticized for her merciless behavior in battle, but Reina doesn't, despite the fact Reina actively enjoys killing and spilling blood. She even says so in the first scene she appears in. However, both of them have a strong maternal side outside of battle. I feel like they'd get along very well.

Shame Reina has no supports, because she was arbitrarily made Corrin sexual for no good reason at all.

• Replies 357
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Magenta Fantasies said:

Camilla is not sadistic. In Birthright, she might come across that way as an enemy, but her kind and motherly side is very obvious in Conquest. She is as kind to her allies as she is cruel to her enemies because they endanger her loved ones. Camilla never harms innocent people or anyone who doesn't deserve harm. She has no mercy for her enemies, but the same could be said for more of the cast than not. I find it interesting that Camilla gets criticized for her merciless behavior in battle, but Reina doesn't, despite the fact Reina actively enjoys killing and spilling blood. She even says so in the first scene she appears in. However, both of them have a strong maternal side outside of battle. I feel like they'd get along very well.

Reina isn't a main character. I think. Admittedly I don't know who Reina is.

Anyway, I literally don't know a single line of Birthright's script. My assertion of Camilla is entirely based on Conquest.
Like for example when she puts her axe to Hinoka's throat in chapter 24. Which for the record, was AFTER Hinoka gave the immortal line "I knew you were on our side. I knew it! " to the guy who murdered his way through her country. So there was zero reason for this besides cruelty and pettiness.
Also, her condescending babytalk towards everyone, including people she is just about to butcher, doesn't seem like the mark of a kind person to me.
And of course there is the glee with which she tortures POWs in My Castle.

1 hour ago, Jotari said:

Shame Reina has no supports, because she was arbitrarily made Corrin sexual for no good reason at all.

Yeah. Supports don't exist for developing characters. They exist for the marriage system. Hence why everyone of opposite genders who is not a Corrin-sexual has supports while each other while supports with people of the same gender are virtually absent. Because if it doesn't result in marriage, it doesn't matter.
With the only real exceptions being the retainers having supports with their partner and Royals having supports with all their siblings. Of course the fact that this was done without exception is just another sign that these supports only exist to fill out a checklist, not because the characters had anything to say to each other.

Edited by BrightBow

3 minutes ago, BrightBow said:

Reina isn't a main character. I think. Admittedly I don't know who Reina is.

She’s a rando Corrin sexual in birthright. She’s basically a yandere and Mikoto’s retainer.

4 minutes ago, BrightBow said:

Anyway, I literally don't know a single line of Birthright's script. My assertion of Camilla is entirely based on Conquest.
Like for example when she puts her axe to Hinoka's throat in chapter 24. Which for the record, was AFTER Hinoka gave the immortal line "I knew you were on our side. I knew it! " to the guy who murdered his way through her country. So there was zero reason for this besides cruelty and pettiness.

She tells Selena/Severa that she wants to kill all of Corrin’s friends and drag him back home because she loves him that much, or something to that extent. It might just be Severa wondering why she said those two things independently, not sure. Camilla herself says something about wanting to hurt Corrin herself because of how much she loves him though, if you have them fight. Another reason people dislike her is this Birthright entrance cutscene right here: (Not exactly PG but she’s still clothed. It has some very... Camilla camera angles.)

10 minutes ago, BrightBow said:

Also, her condescending babytalk towards everyone, including people she is just about to butcher, doesn't seem like the mark of a kind person to me.

Agreed.

11 minutes ago, BrightBow said:

Yeah. Supports don't exist for developing characters. They exist for the marriage system. Hence why everyone of opposite genders who is not a Corrin-sexual has supports while each other while supports with people of the same gender are virtually absent. Because if it doesn't result in marriage, it doesn't matter.
With the only real exceptions being the retainers having supports with their partner and Royals having supports with all their siblings. Of course the fact that this was done without exception is just another sign that these supports only exist to fill out a checklist, not because the characters had anything to say to each other.

Yep, it is astonishing how many supports in this game don’t develop either character and they talk about some random thing, like vegetables, sweets, or hide and seek, for 3 conversations and then want to get married. Logic.

20 hours ago, BrightBow said:

And of course there is the glee with which she tortures POWs in My Castle.

Camilla is extremely devoted to her allies and endlessly kind to them. I couldn’t care less how she or any other protagonist treats their enemies. In the name of protecting loved ones, enemies are enemies and they deserve whatever they get. Regardless of what Hinoka said, the Nohrians other than Corrin don't have any reason to trust her.

---

Supports are not just for marriage. They exist in many FE games that don’t include a marriage/children feature. In Fates, they serve the additional purpose of letting characters reclass into each other’s classes, which creates colossal possibilities for character class combinations and greatly expands replay value. There are plenty of platonic supports in Fates. Outside of the royal siblings, most characters except the Corrinsexuals have 2, with a third in Revelation with a character from the opposite side. Some of them are excellent (Laslow has the best platonic supports, IMO. I loved all three of his.) Honestly I prefer Fates’ platonic supports to Awakening’s.
20 hours ago, Sooks1016 said:

Another reason people dislike her is this Birthright entrance cutscene right here: (Not exactly PG but she’s still clothed. It has some very... Camilla camera angles.)

Agreed.

Yep, it is astonishing how many supports in this game don’t develop either character and they talk about some random thing, like vegetables, sweets, or hide and seek, for 3 conversations and then want to get married. Logic.

This scene makes me cringe. I commented on it in an earlier post, too. I’m not by any means against fan service or female characters with revealing outfits, but I thought this scene was very objectifying and in poor taste. I don’t hold that against Camilla as a character, but rather the developers for portraying her that way there. It only adds fuel to the fire of the misconception that Camilla has nothing to her character other than sex appeal.

---

Awakening had many supports where character talk about random things. I don’t see it as negative. It’s realistic that characters would meet in/around the camp while doing everyday activities outside of battle and would want to talk about something other than battle or plot events to take their minds off the war. Some of these “slice of life” supports are poignant in both games and give insight to the characters.

14 minutes ago, Magenta Fantasies said:

Supports are not just for marriage. They exist in many FE games that don’t include a marriage/children feature. In Fates, they serve the additional purpose of letting characters reclass into each other’s classes, which creates colossal possibilities for character class combinations and greatly expands replay value. There are plenty of platonic supports in Fates. Outside of the royal siblings, most characters except the Corrinsexuals have 2, with a third in Revelation with a character from the opposite side. Some of them are excellent (Laslow has the best platonic supports, IMO. I loved all three of his.) Honestly I prefer Fates’ platonic supports to Awakening’s.

I think they mean just in Fates, considering how every guy and girl on the same side can support whereas there are very few platonic supports in comparison. You can tell some of these are forced because:

Awakening had many supports where character talk about random things. I don’t see it as negative. It’s realistic that characters would meet in/around the camp while doing everyday activities outside of battle and would want to talk about something other than battle or plot events to take their minds off the war. Some of these “slice of life” supports are poignant in both games and give insight to the characters.

I do agree that it’s realistic for characters talking about random things, but do we the audience really need to see that? And what that is absolutely not realistic is talking about random thing of the day a couple times and then getting married. Most supports don’t develop the characters at all when they’re just talking about vegetables or whatever and it’s pretty easy to tell how forced they are. Did earlier FEs have supports like that?

1 hour ago, Sooks1016 said:

I think they mean just in Fates, considering how every guy and girl on the same side can support whereas there are very few platonic supports in comparison. You can tell some of these are forced because:

I do agree that it’s realistic for characters talking about random things, but do we the audience really need to see that? And what that is absolutely not realistic is talking about random thing of the day a couple times and then getting married. Most supports don’t develop the characters at all when they’re just talking about vegetables or whatever and it’s pretty easy to tell how forced they are. Did earlier FEs have supports like that?

Earlier Fire Emblems lacked S supports, so even if it was a romantic support, it could afford to basically be "Oh these two characters are getting close to each other" time skip to a undetermined point after the game itself with presumably more build up of their relationship "They've gotten married."

• 2 weeks later...

I dislike most of Fates characters.
Not even a unique opinion either, I was gonna quote all the people that shared the same thought but there's too many to count.
I do like some characters from the cast at least, just not many of them.
Corrin is the one I dislike the most. Gah! Why can't I change my main character? Why do I have to play this self insert stupid idiot?

• 8 months later...

Awakening :

- Gangrel

- Aversa

Fates :

- Kotaro

- Hans 

- Iago 

- Sumeragi

- Anankos

Echoes :

- Mycen