Sacred stones: Trainee only + Marisa run!

Benice

Which route should I take?  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Should I take Ephraim's route or Eirika's route?

• Ephraim
    • Eirika
  2. 2. Am I insane?

• Yes
    • Probably
    • Dunno.
    • Don't think so...
    • No
  3. 3. Should I promote Bob Ross into a Hero or Warrior?

• Hero
    • WAAAHRIOR

Ladies and Gentlemen, I will now attempt the impossible in this next run of Sacred Stones! I've never even tried to play it on hard mode before, but hey, hard mode is still hopefully way easier than RD's normal, since enemies have a speed stat. No, I am not sure this is a good idea! But I am not known for my good ideas!

They said it couldn't be done! And they are probably right! But when everything goes right, go left.

THE RULES:

Obviously, I can do whatever I want until Ross shows up, since there's no trainee units.

During ch. 2, Ross is allowed to be protected until he reaches lv. 5. He also must defeat the boss alone. After that, it's all Ross.

Other units are allowed for rescues and such.

I am using Marisa since she is terrible and makes my life more annoying.

I will permit staff users, but they are not allowed to fight. Promotion is allowed, but only for the use of Latona. 

If I choose Eirika's route, I will get Franz to Lv. 20 in the arena on ch. 5 so he can recruit Amelia. (Since it'd otherwise be borderline impossible.) Thusly, Distant Blade will  not follow the Trainee only category.

Skirmishes are not allowed.

All trainees + Marisa MUST be deployed whenever possible, even if it's inconvenient.

I will also use TWO save states per map.

The trainees are each permitted three fights in the arena, no more.

I know I said I did a "trainee only" run, but it turned into trainees+their support partners, (Franz for Amelia, Gerik for Marisa.) Lords and Colm. So it really wasn't trainees only, and the run was on normal mode.

I have not decided which route to take yet. On one hand,Ephraim's route will be literally impossible to have Ross and Amelia solo due to the ship chapter in which Ephraim will inevitably get attacked and Amelia killed, but on the other, I can't recruit Amelia and truly fulfil a recruit only +Marisa run in Eirika's route.

What do y'all think?

Of note, my posts will likely come at sporadic times because I'm busy almost every day for the whole day and won't have much time to play. I will try to get to Ch. 2 by tomorrow.

Songs that represent my feelings on each chapter:

Chapter 2: My heart will go on-oboe cover

Chapter 3: Mission impossible theme

Chapter 4:Undertale- enemy approaches, (the generic monster theme)

Chapter 5:Market theme Ocarina of time- 10 hours (Because I somehow can never beat this chapter on the first try.)

Chapter 6: Legend of zelda skyward sword: Moldorach/Koloktos battle theme

Chapter 7: Intermezzo/interlude from Carmen

Chapter 8: Help-The beatles

Edited by Benice

Here I go!

To save time, I cheesed the first two chapters with Seth. (This is the first time I used him, and dang, he's good.)

Here comes chapter 2.

Chapter 2: The protected

My plan for this chapter is to used Vanessa to save the southern village, (after rescuing Ross)  before the reinfocements come so she can avoid combat. That went very smoothly.  However, this created problems later, because the boss, Bone, didn't go towards the village, which meant that Ross couldn't camp on the Fort..

Sadly, Ross gets off to a bad start, missing an 83 percent chance hit right out of the gate. He survives, but now I've got four brigands surrounding us very quickly, with two spawning on the mountain and two coming from the south, including the boss. 

After Eirika softens up a bandit for him, Ross kills him and comes up short five exp from a level up. Thank goodness for the fact that I can level Ross a bit before he solos everything.

And then Ross misses his second 83 percent hit chance. I have a bad feeling about this run already...

First save state used in case Eirika gets killed.

Now there's only three enemies left, Ross still hasn't leveled up. And he misses AGAIN with 83 percent chance. Ross finally levels up on  enemy phase, growing Hp, skill and def. I'll take it, for now. I'm really gonna need that def for chapter 6.

Then he misses again.

It's rewind time, because Ross is gonna die to the three brigands that he can't hit.

Now we're back before Ross leveled up. This time, he hits his 83 percent and gets a level: Hp, str, spd, res. I like it, although def would be better right now.

Then Ross dies. Save state time again!

Ross hits his 83 again and levels up again. Woohoo, strength and speed. Way to come up clutch, buddy.

On his next turn, Ross kills someone and then levels up on enemy phase: Spd and Def. Bad level, but he needs those two stats so much.

Ross kills another brigand but does not level up.

Ross kills the boss! Level up: Hp, Skill, spd and def. Some strength would be nice, but more speed, skill and def is certainly helpful!

MAP SUMMARY: Basically used Seth to rescue everybody I wasn't supposed to use. Thuis chapter is usualy tirivial even without Seth, but trying to rely on Ross alone made it far more difficult. (I forgot to check how many turns, but I think it was 6.)

Next chapter, it's all Ross, as per the rules stated above.

What have I gotten myself into?

CHAPTER 3: THE BANDITS OF BORGO

Ross is all alone in this chapter; but it's okay, there's plenty of walls for him to hide behind. My strategy for this chapter is essentially chip levels and then polish off the chapter.

Right off the bat, Ross lobs his dad's hand-axe at a brigand and gains another level: Hp, skill and def. Meh. He's got a lot of levels, and Ross can't end up like he did in one of my runs, (8 skill, 9 spd as a level 10/20/8 berserker) because I'd be literally toast. 

I recruit Colm and keep him from attacking anyone.

Ross keeps tossing axes at the brigand until he dies. After this, Seth breaks down the wall to the room with a chest, where Ross enters and gets attacked, gaining a level on the enemy phase: HP. (Oy vey.) Ross, you're level six now. I need you to have good stats soon!

Ross kills treasure brigand and snags the javelin in the chest. 

I have Ross attack the thief so that he can get two more point of exp to level up. Hp, Skill, res. It... could be worse, but I'm needing some good levels right now. Ross then heads north to attack the brigand in the room with three chests. Ross levels up again from killing him. Spd and Res. Ross is not getting the Def/str memo. But hey, axes are powerful, so he should still do decent damage... right? I sure hope so.

With the entire left side of the map now routed, I loot the chests and move into the next chamber, pausing at the door to take out the brigand with a hand axe; he could cause trouble later. Ross now has a D in axes! 1st save state used because things could get saucy. Ross gets another level from killing Mr. Hand axe! HP and Skill. Again. Welp, at least he's gonna have good HP.

Ross now has to deal with the archer before moving forward to protect Colm. Ross's last level as a Journeyman rolls in. Hp, spd and Def. I got def, and I am very oartial towards Speed as a stat, so I'll take it. Ross's final stats as a journeyman are:Hp 21, Str 6, Skill 6, spd 8, luck 8, def, 7, res 2. (He didn't grow in luck ONCE!)

The only enemies left in the room are the thief and a random brigand. 

Mr. Thief takes Ross's Vulnerary, so Ross takes his life. (You've just been VECTORED!)

Ross ploughs through the rest of the enemies uneventfully, but he ACTUALLY DOUBLED THE BOSS! (It took forever to kill him because he healed as much as Ross dealt.

This run is gonna be very inneficient. Ross can now promote, so we might get some good levels soon!

(I'm pretty sure this doesn't count as double-posting since it's my thread, right?)

IMPORTANT NOTE: Following chapter 4, I will not describe what happens between then and chapter 9, other thn Ross's levels unless something really interesting happens. It's just going to be Ross slapping a whole bunch of people for a while, so I'm not sure it's worth specific notation.

Edited by Benice

CHAPTER 4: ANCIENT HORRORS

Ross is now a fighter and is doubling everything in sight! Oh, it's so beautiful to see after the only one doubling in RD was Aran, who was way overleveled! (His stats were amazing nevertheless.)

Ross kills the remnant on the mountain on turn one while everyone else, (Seth, Eirika, Moulder and Vanessa.) runs away.

The thing I'm concerned about on this map is the reinforcements that spawn where the player does: It'll be hard to position Ross in a way to protect evryone else. 

I am in trouble, starting on turn three. The mogall is closing in on my non-trainee units and there's a bonewalker who has avoided four attacks already.

Mr, Bonewalker avoids another two attacks then fights Eirika. I now have to restart because Eirika is not a trainee!

TAKE TWO

I keep Ross closer to my other allies and keep him on a forest, mostly so that the enemies can't occupy it.

MR. BONEWALKER, YOU SHOUDLN'T BE DODGING TWO STRAIGHT HECKIN' 90% ATTACKS! *Ahem* 

Ross can't be everywhere at once, so everyone else is in trouble... again.

After six heckin' attacks, the bonewalker goes down, with a remnant (or revenant, whatever they're called.) following him, giving Ross a level! Hp and Luck. Still no good growths.

Anyways, things are now in a (slightly) better position, but Ross is in a bit of danger. He really shouldn't die, because the enemy has sub-30 chances to hit.

On 1/29/2020 at 9:22 PM, AnonymousSpeed said:

Coward.

Just for that, I'm not gonna use save-states. Other than for when I have to leave in the middle of a chaopter. Or things get really bad. Like how Amelia's gonna die about 90 times on the pirate ship.

Ross successfully cleared out most of the first half of the map, getting another few levels: Hp, Skill, Speed, luck the first time, Hp and Skill the second. I will certainly take the first one, but more def would be nice too. Ross also now has a C in axes!

The only enemies left now are the two monsters near the boss, a remnant in front of the bridge to our spawn point, the two bonewalkers in front of lute's village and a Remnant in front of the bridge to said village. 

Ross kills the monster guarding the bridge and crosses it. I'm hoping I can take out all of them before the reinforcement arrive, Ross gains another level while doing so: Hp, Str and Def. Not a ton of stats, but I've really been needing those. 

Ugh. Ross doesn't kill everyone, so the reinforcements join the chat. I successfully try to lure the enemies across the bridge with Moulder before sending Ross to take care of them. Ross gains  another level, Hp and Str. Typical, but strength is helpful.

Anyways, Ross clears out everything else, gaining two more levels. Hp the first time, Hp and luck the second time. Oy vey.

Chapter completed! Turns: 19. (Player phase)

Ross finishes the chapter as a lv. 8 fighter.

Edited by Benice

30 minutes ago, Benice said:

Just for that, I'm not gonna use save-states. Other than for when I have to leave in the middle of a chaopter. Or things get really bad. Like how Amelia's gonna die about 90 times on the pirate ship.

Brave, beautiful man.

30 minutes ago, Benice said:

Oy vey

More like Bernice am I right?

CHAPTER 5: THE EMPIRE'S REACH

Ross gained a ton of great stats, (Hp X 6, Str X 3, Spd X 3, Skl X 5, Lck X 1, Def X 1)

This chapter is the bane of my existence because of all the brigands and Joshua hecking things up. Once I rectuit Joshua, thing get a lot more clean. Of course, by that point, almost everyone was dead anyways. This was also the first chapter in which Ross gained a level that didn't have Hp in it, (it was just speed, but that point got him not doubled by Joshua.)

Ross finished this chapter as a Level 15 FIghter. I only was able to save the dragobshield and Secret book houses.

CHAPTER 5X: To prevent my peeps from getting exp, I had Orson solo it. I pick up the Killer lance for Amelia in the future. Also, Orson came up one luck short of a perfect level.

CHAPTER 6: I was fearing this chapter from the beginning: I really want to sell that Orion's bolt, so I need to rush the boss with Ross, but Ross is in danger from the boss. Thankfully,  a ton of the enemies are lancelocked, which is fairly rare.

The child Renais citizen dodged two attacks in a row from the Bael. Unfortunately, Mom did not. I had to redo the whole hecking chapter because of this. The second time around I didn't deploy my staffbots so Ross could get to the boss faster.

Anyways, Ross one rounds the boss, blah blah blah, map ends. (I thikn it took five or six turns.)

Ross's stat gains:  Hp X3 , Str, skill, (three levels.) 

I gave Ross the dragonshield just in case.

I really hope that the hero crest shows up soon, because Ross is getting close to level 20. I seem to recall the first one shows up in ch. 9 Ephraim and 10 Eirika, (But the latter is in Gerik's inventory.)

Also, from this point in time, Ross shall now be caled Bob Ross.

Amelia shall be known as Amelia Earhart, and Ewan shall be know as Ewan, in memory of the Sacred Stones character.

Ross is now level 18!

CHAPTER 7: WATERFRONT RENVALL

Bob Ross kills everybody. The end.  He's level 20 now. I almost put Colm into trouble when he stole the energy ring, but it ended up fine.

Ross's stat gains: HpX2, skillX2, luck, def, res.

CHAPTER 8: IT'S A TRAP!

The hard part about this chapter is getting Bob Ross over to where Ephraim and Co. spawn before the reinforcements. And Tirado is going to be an absolute pain in the rearhind. Do not try this run at home, kids! It's not the recruits having bad bases that makes this hard, it's the fact that you have ONE FLIPPING UNIT FOR THE FIRST 9 CHAPTERS! YOU'LL HAVE FOUR FOR THE  DEFENSE CHAPTER! I am so afraid for chapter 18. My only option for that is to A) Hope Marisa had good strength growths, (which she did once, she was an absolute beast on a regular run.) and get a crit on the boss or B) Camp General Amelia in front of Mansel. 

I swear, I'm fairly certain this chapter is impossible to use only Bob Ross on. I'm on my 16th try, so I'll finish the chapter on my next post.  I need to do something that is comparitively relaxing, such as bungee jumping, watching a horror movie or singing cheesy love songs in front of 108,000 screaming fans.

Anyways, I'll TRY to finish this chapter by tomorrow. If I can't finish by sunday, I'm cheesing it with Seth until Ross gets over to Ephraim. Wish me luck!

I will also post links to songs that sum up my feelings for each chapter in the OP.

Also, wow, hard mode is exactly the same as normal, except the generic fighters have +1 or 2 speed.

Edited by Benice

IT'S A TRAP: DAY TWO. 

If I can get lucky, Ross will be able to intercept the annoying archer who heads for Ephraim's group. The closest I've gotten so far into this run consisted of having Seth aggro everything, (without a weapon, of course.) Allowing Ross to make a dash down the eastern corridor. Unfortunately, the weird AI that prevents enmeis from staying in the same spot while they attack, (even if they're on advantageous terrain,) causes my other units to get attacked at some point.  AND because it's a one-two chapter with ch. 7,  I can't go back and get a hand axe from anywhere, because the rest of mine broke. The hatchet still has four uses, though.

Twenty second attempt: Here I go.

I cut Natasha from my team to make it easier for everyone else to cower. I gave Ross a secret book so he can have better hitrates on the Myrmidion/Mercenary dua that's been giving me heck and slowing down. Ross gets blocked off by the Merc/Myrm, slowing hi  down considerably. Oh good, they wasted their next turn going after Seth. But now they're in range of my other units. No reason for me to continue, essentially my best bet is getting Ross to crit someone to clear a path.

Attempt 23: Gave Ross a hatchet instead of a book so he can kill the archer right away and Move Seth into the thick pf the enemies to the left to try to distract them. Hopefully I can get my other units out of the way.

BY GOLLY, IT WORKED! IT ACTUALLY WORKED! THANK YOU YUNE! THANK YOU ASHERA! I HAVE AN OUTSIDE SHOT TO FINISH THIS HECKISH CHAPTER! Ross kills both soldiers and the sword blokes are going after Seth! I really wanna save-state this, but oh well. What's the point of self-flaggelation if you can escape it?

But I forgot to move Forde out of the way.

Attempt 24: Same thing as last time, only I'll try to remember to move Ephraim's peeps away this time.

However, I can see that Ross will come up one point of movement short of aggro'ing the archer who's heading for Ephraim. If my plan fails, I'll try to pull of some kind of funky rescue maneuver.

But for some reason, Ross aggro's the archer anyways! Oh thank the heavens! Please let this chapter end soon! I just have to evacuate Eph, Ky and Fo before the calvary peeps join the chat.

And the coast is completely clear for them now! And I have a full turn to get them outta there! I can't move them TOO far, because they run the risk of taking away the aggro from Seth. However, with the mage and cavaliers coming in a pincer movement, I'll just have to assume they'll go for the unarmed Seth.

HECK YOU, MR. MERCENARY! FOLLOW MR. MYRMIDION'S EXAMPLE AND ATTACK SETH! EPHRAIM HAS A GOOD CHANCE ON OHKOING YOU! WHHHHYYYYY?!?!

Attempt 25: Same thing as the last time, but I'll figure out how to fix it. I manage to get to nearly the same set-up, but this time I move Seth off of his pillar in an attempt to coarce the Mercenary. Let's see if it works.

Mission successully failed. Mr. Myrmidion takes up the space Mr. Mecenary needed to attack Seth.

Attempt 26: Same setup again, but I'll put Seth in a better spot.

YES!!! Now I need to get the heck outta there!

Ross is in a bit of a pickle, but he should be fine. He'll head back to our starting position for healing either way. Ross polishes the left corridor off and heads back to deal with mean Mr. Myrmidion and Mr.Mercenary.

Ladies and Gentlemen, I have done it! I have done it! Oh my days, I am never doing a run like this ever again. I now just have to deal with the rest of the map. No more reinforcements for me, though. Thank Rhea. Ross finished with 6/40 Hp. And I forgot to give moulder the mend, so healing him took  a while.

My plan for the rest of the chapter is to pick up all the chests then go after Tirado, who may well be near impossible to kill.

Nothing super eventful happens, and I am thankful ambush spawns do not exist in this game. I loot all the chests.

Ross 4rko's Tirado, Eirika finishes the chapter and sits down on the throne.

Turns: 40. Brains cells consumed: All of them.

Thank god, I'm done the first arc.

I will be taking Eohraim's route, since I voted Eirika and my vote shouldn't count. Thanks guys. Really appreciate you sending me onto a ship where Ross will be the only competent unit.

Also, I am planning to promote Ross into a Warrior, because He's the only person who can get bows, and I want that effective damage against the Dracoliches or whatever it is they're called. I will add this to the poll so you can critique this plan.

15 hours ago, Benice said:

Turns: 40. Brains cells consumed: All of them.

You kind of forget that these challenge runs leave you with 5% of an army when you start them.

I personally recommend Hero over Warrior. The bonus +2 speed is really good, and you'll get more out of C swords than D bows. The main effective damage you'll want on Ross is Garm anyway, and a faster Ross is a Ross that Garms more effectively.

On 2/1/2020 at 10:08 AM, AnonymousSpeed said:

You kind of forget that these challenge runs leave you with 5% of an army when you start them.

I personally recommend Hero over Warrior. The bonus +2 speed is really good, and you'll get more out of C swords than D bows. The main effective damage you'll want on Ross is Garm anyway, and a faster Ross is a Ross that Garms more effectively.

I know generally as a class, heroes are better, (they probably should have given myrms an option to promote into them in this game to break the sword-lock, but then nobody would have assassins.) but I am really afraid for the pirate ship chapter-the boss could really do a number unless Ross can do dat bonus damage to him. (Also, I like the warrior crit animation.) Ross has already been pretty zippy in this playthrough, so I'll decide when I get my hero crest in chapter 10. (I'm pretty sure chapter 10's got the first promotion item for Ross, but Duessel's Cavs make it really hard to get, because they don't move off of the visit space.) 

CHAPTER 9: FORT RIGWALD

It's Amelia time! Amelia will become my general since I'm not exactly going to be able to LTC the rest of the game, and there's nbody better for me to give the Swiftsoles to.

Ross kills everybody outside of the castle uneventfully. Now to the hard part:Recruiting Amelia without getting her killed.

I open up the door using Ephraim, use Seth to rescue him away and put Ross in the doorway. Every turn I backed up Ross a little more until most of the enemies were dead and it was safe to recruit Amelia with Franz. Using Seth as a wall, Amelia tosses a whole ton of Javelins at the peeps from behind them, getting her first level quickly: Hp, Skill, Luck. Fine for now, but I want dat speed, strength and Def. She then kills a cavalier, netting  her second level. Skill and Def. Oof. The reinforcements stop coming, so I continue to push forward, giving Amelia kills when it's safe. More levels! Hp and Def the first time, Hp, skill and Spd the second, Hp and speed the third,  Hp the fourth... Amelia, you're really not doing your terrible bases any favours. The bad growth continue, with level 8/10 landing nothing but luck. Level 9/10 gets her Hp, speed and luck.

The cav reinforcements are bad news right now. The only good thing is they can't get to Amelia because she's still fighting a mercenary. Marisa might be terrible, but her bases are going to save a bit of sanity since they're the best bases I'll see.

Amelia gets her tenth level just as Ross finishes clearing out the cavs coming from the south. Hp and Def. This is the worst Amelia's ever turned out after her first 10 levels in all of my playthroughs. Why now? Just why?

At least Ross can double the boss with a handaxe. It took me a while, but I got Gheb's killer axe.

Anyways, I kill everyone, loot the chests, clap the boss's cheeks and finish the chapter.

Turns:94

Time to head to Bethroen!

Edited by Benice

Amelia is now a knight!

I plan to clear out as many enemies as possible to make Cormag easier to recruitand also so I can keep my non-trainee units safe from the reinforcements.

Ross nearly dies on turn one. Thank goodness his promotion item finally shows up now, because his stats aren't carrying him very far anymore.. Amelia dies on turn two after missing three 75+ chances to hit, which resuted in her failing to kill the enemies and gettiing doubled.

Attempt no. 2: May RNG be with me. Amelia hits one of her 75% this time and gets a level! Hp, Speed and Luck. Please, for goodness's sake, grow in strength! And Def!

Also, was this chapter designed to make Amelia's life hard? Almost everything is axe-using, and one of the few sword users has a lancereaver! 

Anyways, with much effort I clear out the starting wave of enemies and start to press towards the bottom when one of Duessel's cavs covers the hero crest visit. I WILL NOT TOLERATE BOB ROSS'S PROMOTION BEING DELAYED ANY FURTHER!

Actually, I doubt it matters since Amelia missed another 76% chance to hit and is now good as dead.

Amelia gets a rare stroke of luck, dodging something over 60% to hit, killing on counterattack and getting a level. Str, skl, spd, luck. I will most certainly take that!

One of Duessel's cavs had been put to sleep. So much for that extra Knight crest.. Ah well, as long as the hero cre-Amelia just died!

Attempt no. 3: I'm just gonna rescue Bob Ross with Seth and run to the village. Hopefully Amelia will survive without much help.

Seth gets blocked off! Mission successfully failed.

Wow! This is the first chapter that's been hard because of reasons other than one unit being insufficient! (I mean, it contributes a fair amount, but it's not my biggest problem.)

Attempt 4: Get Amelia not killed hopefully.

Ross doesn't come close to death for once! He missed a few shots, but he's good on health.

Duessel's Cav's are closing to being overwhelemed.I need to get there, fast! I use Seth as a wall to protect Amelia. By the time player phase rolls around again,  one of his cavs  is dead, and another is unlikely to survive enemy phase.

Amelia gets her first level for about the eightth time! Hp, Spd and Lck again. Oof.

All of Duessel's cavaliers are now dead.

Duessel gets to work! Hopefully the AI is to kill him instead of the village. 

Oh heck, it's turn 6 already!  The million and a half cavaliers have joined the chat! I am most certainly not going to get a hero crest.. Seth rescues moulder and camps on a forest. The hitrates are terrible against him, but Cormag has a 45% chance of OHKOing him.

I am scrooooooooood! The enemies don't have any space to attack Dussel anymore, Seth is unlikely to survive much more of this, Amelia is basically good as dead already, Cormag is not gonna be recruited. Oy vey. I hope I can! But then... My saving grace comes! THE ALMIGHTY TORCH STAFF!  It's gonna be the only thing I get from this chapter.

Anyways, Ross heads towads the village with the hero crest in hopes of getting there alive.Amelia gets another level!  Str, Spd, luck. At least she'll be really hard to hit with high speed and luck. 

Thank somehow avoids Cormag again. I need to end this chapter ASAP! Amelia's doing fairly well right now. By that, I mean she's not dead. I suppose I spoke to soon, she just got 18%. hit.

Attempt 5:

Spoiler

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

I will give this one more shot, then I'm gonna take a break and give it another shot tomorrow if I can find the time.

I will not bother trying to train AMelia much this time. I know procrastinating ain't gonna do me much good in the near future, but I just need to finish this.

Ross gets a lucky crit and blows straight past a heck ton of enemies! Things are finally looking up!

I hate the mercenary class in general. That's all I have to say right now. Ross has missed 6 60% chances again! He has got good chances of dying, as do duessel's cavs, who are having about a good of a time with RNG as I am. Amelia springs into action to get rid of a few mercs. Hopefully Amelia can survive a handaxe or two. I'm in decent shpae, but things blow up VERY fast in this chapter. Amelia gets a level! Hp, Str, luck. No comment.

I have baisically cleared out a safe path with no time to spare. Whew. Turn 6, please do not kill me. Two of the allied cavs is now dead. Now I just have to figure out how to recruit cormag without having him kill people. You know what, I'll just recuit him if it becomes an easy option!  Also, Mr. Duessel's only surviving cav, please get off of Marisa's lawn! I need that item she has!

I have gotten all of my units out of the starting spot safely. Now I just need to getting the HECK OUTTA THERE!

This iis by far the best I've done so far, but you'll soon see that there wasn't much farther down to go. Thank god Duessel's completely invicible.

I love Bob Ross. He cleared out all of the cavs in one turn and put me into a good spot to recruit Amelia. Cormag and his cronies went after her, but she one-rounded on of the cronies, leveling up in the process(HP) . Now she just needs. to avoid 50% chance to hit. I  believe in you, Amelia! YES! YESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYES! SHE SURVIVED WITH ONE HP! It's still entirely possible that I'm dead on my next turn, though: All of Dussel's cavs are dead, and, well... There is a TON of enemy dots.

I recruit Cormag, who rescues Amelia and kill the last of the flying enemies. Thank god, I think I might have actually done it!

Wel heck, the village was just destroyed. There is no way in heck that I'll redo this chapter for a hero crest, short of Ross being killed, ehich isn't i tirely impossible. Still, I have only two more enemy phases to survive.

Yeah, Ross is basically as good as dead. I just need to survive one more turn!  I park Ross in a forest in hopes of keeping him alive. Fortubtely, none of the sub 15% chnces to hit land and I survive. Oh, thank heavens! I have survived!

However, I'm still going downwards, since am absolutely toast next chapter. 

Destination: Hell Pirate ship!

Edited by Benice

I'm feeling up to some more self-flaggelation today!

I reallly hope me not getting a hero crest doesn't come back to bite me... 

Why does this game give you two Elysian whips before any hero crests when there's three people who can use the elysian whip and about five who can use the hero crest? (Gracia, Ross, Marisa, Gerik, Joshua.)

CHAPTER 11: PHANTOM SHIP

I am gonna get killed SO many times on this. 

I blindly go into the battle, hoping Amelia gets a whole bunch of good levels. I have a bad start, with Moulder getting range of three enemies on his first move. And dying on enemy phase.

Attempt 2.

Moulder doesn't die on turn one. Amelia will rhave to show her stuff to survive this chapter. I pit her against the Gargoyles who start just south of our ship. Amelia is probably gonna die, but she at least gets a level before doing so! Hp and Skill. Enemy phase now! AMELIA AVOIDS DEATH BY GARFOYLE! IT'S A MIRCALE! I am still totally toast. Still, Moudler heals Amelia, gets to level 10 and gets rescued. He's still only gained Mag once but who cares anyway? 

Ephraim is a dead boy.

Attempt 3: I WISH I'D DONE EIRIKA'S ROUTE!!!!!

Amelia misses three 85% chances to hit AGAIN! She gets a level on one of those misses, though. Hp, Luck, Def. I need that def, so I will take it. Speed and strength are still key, though. I am very likely toast. I also accidentally loaded my save-state I put since I had to leave even though it wasn't the current attempt I was on.

Attempt 3 (2):

Moulder gets ambushed by a gargoyle and a Mogall, but survives with HP. However, Amelia is probably toast. And Moulder wont be able to heal her for a while. But she does get a level! Hp, Skill, Luck, Def. I like that. I get the convoy over to her and she gets an elixir, increasing her chances of survival. Ross is being and exp hog, clearing out almost all of the nemeis boarding my ship in one round. Ephraim gets accosted by some gargoyles. And the boss has spawned next to Amelia! I move Ephraim as far as possible and send Ross. Amelia goes to the bridge to stop anyone else from getting to my spot.

Amelia is officially cursed. She can't consistently hit 75% hits but gets hit by anything above 35%.

AND Moulder has just been 15% killed.

Attempt 4

I bring Sean Connery/Duessel this time to be used as an extra wall.

Things start out fairly well, with Amelia taking out two of the Mogalls who start at the top of the map. Sean connery is getting doubled left right and center while rescuing Ephraim, but he's immune to damage, so it's irrelevant. Amelia takes out a gargoyle and gains a level. Hp, Str, skl, lck, def. Yes! That's how you do it, Amelia!

The zombies are also perfect fodder for her, so she'll be able to amass a few level throughout this chapter.

I accidentally drop Moulder while he was in range of a heck ton of enemies, so Amelia had to rescue him, but Sean Connery saved her bacon.

Dang, Sean Connery is basically gonna be able to solo this chapter without a weapon!

Amelia's plague of bad luck returns shortly after turn  5. She gets hit three times sub 40%, but survives. She also gets a level! Luck and Res. Ah well, it helps her avoid.

I doesn't do her any good and she dies.

Attempt 5: My startegy is to buy orbs and summon more 5-star Sean Conneries. Sadly, that is the wrong FE game, and Duessel's not in it anyways.

If I don't drop Moulder at an inconvenient time, I should be okay.

The curse of Amelia persists with her missing another 80% hit. She hits the second time around and levels up. Hp, luck and Def. Meh. 

Ross crits three times in a row with 6 crit chance but for whatever eason Amelia doesn't land one after 10 Killer lance hits. Either way, the boss pops up. Sean Connery saves the women and Children while Ross gets to work on him. Amelia tries to stop the zombies. Amelia will be rolling in dat sweeeeeeeeet exp. Unless she keeps getting hit by 40% like she is  now. 

Amelia levels up while being surrounded by wave after wave of monsters! Hp, Spd, Lck, Def. I will take that any day.

On the other boat, Dozla starts getting to work. Hopefully L'arachel won't get killed. 

Sean Connery has an allergy to mogalls. I'll have to send my nearest recruit to deal with 'em soon.

Okay, seriously, who put so many blooming gargoyles on this map? I get that you need flying units, but not this many! It doesn't help that they spawn within range of certain death for Moulder. I'm tired of being gargoyled at my spawn point!

Amelia gets another level! Hp, skl.  She is approaching usefulness, but isn't quite there.

Oh wait, spoke to soon. The curse of RNG has killed Amelia yet again with back to back 35% hits landing.

Attempt 6: THEY WERE CERTAINLY CORRECT WHEN THEY SAID IT COULDN'T BE DONE!

Turn 1: Use torch staff in the direction of the other enemy ship, send ross to the back of the ship, Amelia to the front. Amelia kills the mogall, Ross starts on the gargoyle festival.

Turn 2: heal Amelia, attack with Ross, get set up for the enemy boarding.

Turn 3:Send Amelia as far as possible into the enemy ship. I have Sean Connery not far behind her in case she survives this turn but is unlikely to be living for much longer. Ross keeps going on the three gargoyles, killing the first one. Amelia seems to have been slightly forgiven by the greater being who control RNG, taking far fewer unlikely hits, earning her a level: Hp, skill and luck. Ross kills the last of the first batch of gargoyles and moving onto the brid

Turn 4: Attack with Amelia, board the ship with Ross. Amelia levels up on enemy phase, earning nothing but Hp and Def. Amelia also must have said something offensive, dying AGAIN from sub 40% hits.

Attempt 7:I'm using the same startegy again. It worked until Amelia's luck stopped existing.

Turn 1: Same thing as previous time.

Turn 2: Same thing as previous time. Ross takes down one of the gargoyles.

Turn 3: I keep Sean Connery closer to Amelia so fewer enemies can stab her each turn. Ross kills the second gargoyle. Amelia lands a series of helpful crits, netting her a few levels: Str, skl, lck, def the first time, hp, skill, luck the second. . She can now one-round most of the zombies without a crit! Amelia also begins incorporating a skill known as dodging into her technique.

Turn 4: Amelia clears out one of the three remaining enemies on the bridge, amassing another level, Res, in the process. Ross immediately slaps everyone on the small southern bridge. Sean Connery takes a couple of hits for Amelia, which saves her life. I swear, the devs coded Steel weapons not to miss Amelia, she hasn't dodged one as of yet despite the fact that they have less than 45%hitrate.

Turn 5: Thing are getting REEEALLY tight around here. Riev was really buying his Gargoyles in bulk. I move Ross off of his bridge to help Amelia, who is in serious trouble. Seth and Ross move surround Moulder to protect him from mr. Deathgoyle. Amelia forgets to dodge a bit on enemy phase again, but she finally dodges a steel lance! Ross is getting low on health now. It appears that bonewalkers were also a dollar a dozen. The enemy takes slight advantage of Sean Conner's Mogall allergy. The good news is that Moulder can still heal people safely... GET OUTTA HERE, MR.DEATHGOYLE! NOBODY LIKES YOUR 1-2 RANGE WEAPON! We have got a situation...20200206_220217.thumb.jpg.66f04a071290760c49df3b6320592572.jpg

Turn 6: Barring exceedingly good luck, I am dead. Ross is at 9/40 HP,  Amelia is unlikely to survive all of the enemies, Moulder's cheeks are in danger of being clapped. Ross and Amelia clearpaths so Sean Connery can rescue Moulder. Amelia gets another level! (Please be good so she can survive!) Hp, Luck, Def. I don't know that it qualifies as good, but def will help! Sean Connery rescues Amelia instead of Moulder. Moulder dies subsequently. Forgive me, I need to take a break so I can scream.

Attempt 8: Same thing again but rescuing Moulder instead of Amelia, who was actually getting good!

Turn 1:Same thing as the above two times

Turn 2:Same thing again. Seth aggros a gargoyle and takes a couple of hits.

Turn 3: Things are already out of control, I'm pulling the plug on this attempt.

Attempt 9: HERE I GO AGAIN ON MY OWN

The preparation process is sped up by the fact that I finally remembered to save the setup I have so I don't need to load Sean Connery up with Vulneraries.

Turn 1: Amelia dodges the mogall so I can get another torch staff! HOOORRAYY! That makes my life a lot easier. 

Turn 2:Moulder Torches, Ross tosses. Sean Connery looks dang hot. Amelia sticks a fork in a gargoyle.

Turn 3: Ross helps Amelia by critting a Gargoyle. Amelia follows his example and does the same to the other gargoyle. She's gained a level! Def. I was DEF initely hoping for a better level than that. (I have no defence for these puns, but if you read a lot of them you gain a lot of resistance.)  Moulder Patches up Amelia's small cut, Sean Connery tries his count Dooku impression. Sean Connery also gets accosted by an underleveled dead fan. Sean doesn't notice.

Turn 4: Ross kills count Dooku's fan, Amelia pulls a Peri, gets stabby and gets a level!  Hp. Amelia, never try to be Peri again, okay? Ross takes out a few more dead fans of Dooku while Dooku gets mobbed by more underleveled fans. 

Turn 5: I try to send Amelia to the bottom bridge, but the boss and an annoying archer fan disrupts this plan. Connery rescues the right person this time. Moulder is safe. I send Seth to the top of the boat to avoid the large inflx of gargoyles. Amelia gets stabbed by steel yet again. An overleveled fan give Connery a small scare. Seth is close to leveling up just from getting attacked. Mogalls make his life more difficult. L'Arachel is also in trouble.

Turn 6: Heal Seth, Attack some monsters. Amelia gets hit by another abysmal hitrate steel lance. Amelia gets a level but it is likely to be irrelevant since she has 2 hp. Hp, Skl, Spd. Seth is probably going to die. But not before amelia!

Attempt 10: GOING DOWN THE ONLY ROAD I'VE EVER KNOWN

Turn 1: Amelia dodges again! Otherwise, the same as always.

Turn 2: Amelia Aggros all of the gargoyles. Ross klls one on player phase.

Turn 3: Heal Amelia, Finish off one of the gargoyles. Amelia gets a level. Str, Lck, def. It's fine, I suppose. Str is short right now, so I'll need it. Seth gets mistaken for Sean Connery and gets attacked by crazed fans.

Turn 4: I finally kill the last stupid gargoyle. Amelia kills some crazed fans. My plan is to get into the other ship by the time the boss shows up. I put Seth on the southern bridge to control the flow. Amelia gets a couple of levels. Hp the first time, Hp, skill, speed, luck.That's a decent level. Unfortunately, some of the enemies have steel weapons, so Amelia will need to heal up on her next turn.

Turn 5: The boss spawns, but instead of torching the spot where I know the boss is, I heal Amelia so she can attack people and maybe survive. Amelia breaks her killer lance but gets a level. Hp, str, luck. Again, I need strength, so I like it. Seth rescues Ephraim. Amelia's been steel lanced again. Thank goodness for Ross, because he's taking out those steel lances with effeciency. The million gargoyles and Mogalls move in to make my life worse. Amelia's luck has gotten a bit better since she finally dodged two 45% in a row. Doesn't matter because the boss kills her with 45%.

Attempt 11: AMELIA START DODGING PLS 

Turns 1-2: exactly the same as above.

Turn 3: I give up on my strategy and send Ross into the enemy ship as soon as the bridges spawn. I leave Amelia to take care of the two gargoyles. The plan works very well and I almost am able to rout the whole ship in one turn. This gives me a teeny-tiny window of oppritunity to board the enemy ship. Ross crits three times with a 7% chance, but misses an 87% hit. On my ship, Seth gets gargoyled. Hopefully Amelia will finally kill it on my next turn.

Turn 4: Amelia fails to kill the gargoyle but levels up on enemy phase. Ross keeps going at the enemy ship. Unfortunately, Amelia won't be getting much exp from this map if I complete it like this. Ross gets 18% killed by a steel lance. 

Attempt 12: I REALLY REALLY HATE STEEL LANCES.

Turn 1-2: Same as previous time.

Turn 3: Ross is slowed down a bit this time by the two gargoyles Amelia didn't aggro. Amelia goes onto the big bridge to help Ross out on his next turn.  Amelia gets some levels! Str, Spd, Lck the first, Hp, skl, luck the second.

Turn 4: Ross is slowed down some more by the gargoyle who suvives by one hp his handaxe, so he has to iron axe him instead of boarding the enemy ship. Meanwhile, Amelia's on fire, but I'm not counting my chickens  before they've hatched. There's still a bunch of steel lances out there. She takes out one before it can counterattack, bolstering her chances greatly. Amelia makes it through safely!

Turn 5: Here comes the boss. I concentrate all of my forces on the bridge to push through and get away from the boss. Amelia gets another level! Hp and Luck. Ross heals himself up. Amelia dodges the promoted revenant or whatever it is that ther're called, giving her a good chance to live. Seth is killed by the boss.

Attempt 13: I aggro'd a gargoyle with Moulder by accident.

By the time the boss spawns, none of my units other than Duessel can actually survive a round. Amelia dies, Ross dies, Seth dies. Moulder and Ephraim are rescued at this point, but they'd die too. 

This will take many, many more attempts, so I'll end the post here and update when I actually finish the map.

On 2/8/2020 at 5:17 PM, AnonymousSpeed said:

That lack of a Hero's Crest really is biting your behind. My apologies.

If Ross didn't have to cover for literally evryone else, he'd be fine to solo this chapter. As it is, I lack the personnel to protect a second healer.

UPDATE: Currently on my 32nd attempt. I'm getting a bit closer, but it might be upwards of 50 attempts. 

On my 42nd attempt I nearly beat the chapter but then Amelia got hit twice in a row by the boss with 35% hit chance. (Also, thet had the same AS? I'm not sure how she was doubled.)

ANOTHER UPDATE: Iam currently on my 64th attempt right now. I am seriously considering redoing the whole run so Amelia gets better levels and I get the hero crest in the previous chapter. I'll wait until 100 attempts until I do so.

Attempt 78: Hope is running low.

Edited by Benice

Okay, time to take over your topic~!

Info on Chapter 11.  You can change the text to English, but what you'll want are the reinforcement turns.  If you know when to expect things, you'll have an easier time planning around it.

I think you might have some luck if you can bum-rush Ross onto the enemy ship.  Have your flier fly backwards until turn 3, then fly a bit more forwards.  This might be the chapter for save state abuse (dunno if you know how to mess with the RNG).

3 minutes ago, eclipse said:

Okay, time to take over your topic~!

Info on Chapter 11.  You can change the text to English, but what you'll want are the reinforcement turns.  If you know when to expect things, you'll have an easier time planning around it.

I think you might have some luck if you can bum-rush Ross onto the enemy ship.  Have your flier fly backwards until turn 3, then fly a bit more forwards.  This might be the chapter for save state abuse (dunno if you know how to mess with the RNG).

Thank you! I appreciate the advice; However, I switched to the "Airdrop Ross onto enemy ship" strategy at roughly 75 attempts. Unfortunately Cormag gets one rounded as soon as the Mogalls start moving. I've also tried Tana, but she aggros the gargoyles, who kill her very fast. Amelia also generally struggles to hold her own and on multiple occasions L'Arachel gets killed before she has a chance to move.

I am vaguely aware of messing with RNG, but I'm not very good at it.  I've also basically memorized the enemy positionings at this point. Usually the biggest problem for me is the Mogalls from the north; I usually am close to crossing the bridge at that point, but the Mogalls can one-round everyone except for Duessel. The gargoyles also decimate me if I take the southern bridge route. I am convinced that once the RNG works in my favour, I'll be able to beat this chapter. (I also basically have the map memorized.)

Generally, I'm fine until the promoted Entombed stop my advance, kill my units or at least cripple them and trap me in front of the boss. I also haven't figured out how to Airdrop Ross into a good location to kill said entombed.

I am also fairly certian my game is cursed; the two entombed have 36% chance to hit on Ross, about the same for Amelia, but they haven't missed ONCE!

Anyways, again, thank you for the advice.

1 minute ago, Benice said:

I am also fairly certian my game is cursed; the two entombed have 36% chance to hit on Ross, about the same for Amelia, but they haven't missed ONCE!

This is where RNG manipulation comes in.  Save state on your turn, before the attack (or before you move everyone).  Move the RNG by 1, then end your turn.  If you're hit, rewind the save state and move the RNG by two.  Repeat until you're not hit.

On 2/12/2020 at 9:01 PM, Benice said:

I am vaguely aware of messing with RNG, but I'm not very good at it. 

Just in case you do not know how to move the RNG one of the most common methods is to use the movement arrow. If the path of the movement arrow has to change an earlier part of its path and more than one possible path to the new location exists the game will burn an RN to determine the path. The easiest way to do this is to select a unit to move, get the cursor beyond the units movement range, and then move the cursor back into the units movement range at a new space that has more than one possible path.

12 hours ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

Just in case you do not know how to move the RNG one of the most common methods is to use the movement arrow. If the path of the movement arrow has to change an earlier part of its path and more than one possible path to the new location exists the game will burn an RN to determine the path. The easiest way to do this is to select a unit to move, get the cursor beyond the units movement range, and then move the cursor back into the units movement range at a new space that has more than one possible path.

The problem is that by the time it actually matters, none of my units can move more than one space. I can manipulate a it at the beginning,  but Ross is the only one who can easily do that.

33 minutes ago, Benice said:

The problem is that by the time it actually matters, none of my units can move more than one space. I can manipulate a it at the beginning,  but Ross is the only one who can easily do that.

Keep a flying unit alive!

• 4 weeks later...

Just as an update, my second save file is going much better since Ross actually grew both in def and strength this time. I'm gonna get to ch. 11 very soon. Now all I need is Amelia to get with the program once I recruit her/. The run is not dead, contrary to what you might think!

1 hour ago, Benice said:

I DID IT! I FINALLY AFTER 865 HECKING ATTEMPTS, I BEAT PHANTOM SHIP WITH ONLY THE TRAINEES! YES! YESYEYSYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYES!

@Hello72207 

I DID IT! I BEAT PHANTOM SHIP! IT TOOK ME TWO SAVE FILES AND MY SANITY TO DO IT, BUT I DID IT!

I had to redo everything to get better stats on Amelia and Ross. Ross is now a berserker, Amelia will be a Pally very soon. Cormag was not recruited, Moulder died on ch. 2 because I was bored/lazy. Amelia actually did way better, getting fast. She's still squishy, but she can handle herself pretty well.

New stats:

Ross: Lv. 7 Berkerker

45 hp, 24 str, 15 skill, 11 spd, 21 luck, 16 def, 10 res

Amelia: Lv. 12 Cavalier

35 hp, 10 str, 12 skill ,20 spd, 16 luck, 8 def, 10 res

Onto Ch, 12: landing at Taizel!

The rest of my party will be completed today, but recruiting Marisa with her Shamshir will be tough. Still, I don't think I'm going to have many problems from here on out.

Turn 1: I try to hold the chocke points on both sides of the map. The clavary charge in; Amelia should take care of them all right, Ross has no problems on his side.

Turn 2:Amelia kills an enemy cavalier, Ross damages the gargoyles and kills two of them. Amelia gains a level: Hp, luck, def.

Turn 3: Gargoyle refusing to die for two turns fiinally does die. 

Turn 4: More enemies for Ross to deal with; level for Amelia: Hp, skill luck.

Turn 5:Ross finally kills the mercenary, will soon be free to help Amelia.

Turn 6: Clears out the last two baels. Amelia keeps holding the choke point. Another level for her! Hp.

Turn 7: More choke-holding.

Turn 8: Ross makes it around the back and just about finishes all of the charging enemies.

Turn 9: Grado's buying Baels in bulk. Skellies getting close to the boat. Amelia gets another level: Luck and Res. Gets D rank in swords.

Turn 10: Start  working on the skellies.

Turn 10: Amelia levels again and the Skellies are finally almost all dead. 

Turn 11: Amelia levels again, just skill. Promoting her to Paladin! She can get speed again now. Her strength is still pretty bad, though.

Turn 12: Charging at Ewan's house.

Turn 13: Still charging at Ewan's house. Amelia gets a C in swords.

Turn 14: Ewan has been recruited!

Next five turns are just Ewan attacking a bonewalker. He gains his first level! Hp, skill and spd. If he does get screwed by one stat, it's skill, so I'll take it.

Turn 20: Ewan kills the bonewalker, gets a level. Magic. He's been listening to Reinhardt too much; magic isn't everything, Ewan.

Turn 21~24: I use my three arena uses on Ewan. Two levels: Skill, luck, res the first, Skill, luck, def the second. Well, at least he's kind of well-rounded,

Turn 25: I put Ewan on a forest to attack the skelly archer.

Turn 26: Kills skelly archer, gets a level: Magic and Res.

Turn 27:I aggro Marisa using Amelia and...Marisa is toastada!

Attempt 2: Basically the same thing, similar levels.

This time I used Ross without weapons since she couldn't damage him.

Marisa crits the first two enemies she sees, leaving one almost dead and killing the other. Nice start! Ewan cleans up after her, getting a level. Skill. Ewan? Speed please.

Marisa just won't stop critting! That's a level: Hp, str, spd, def, res. Woohoo! Way to go! However, she does take a thicc ton of damage and has to fall back. She gets healed, though and returns to combat. Ewan, meanwhile, kills the entombed and gets a level. Hp, Mag, speed, luck. Thank you! He also now has a D in anima, although he'll not be using that until much later.

I polish off the rest of the chapter, getting Ewan his last two levels, Hp and luck, then  Hp, luck and res. Thus far he's been meh, but we'll see. He will be my only spellcaster, so...

Marisa also nets herself another level. Hp, skill, speed. How very Myrmidon-y that level is.

Ross levels off the boss, officially ending the map. We even got his sword slayers. Hp, skill, Luck, res. I need that res for ch. 14 and those infernal stats staves.

See y'all later! Soon I'll be taking a shot at Fluorspar's Oath.