Sacred stones: Trainee only + Marisa run!

Benice

Which route should I take?  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Should I take Ephraim's route or Eirika's route?

• Ephraim
    • Eirika
  2. 2. Am I insane?

• Yes
    • Probably
    • Dunno.
    • Don't think so...
    • No
  3. 3. Should I promote Bob Ross into a Hero or Warrior?

• Hero
    • WAAAHRIOR

CH. 12: Fluorspar's Oath

I promoted Ewan into a Shaman so I can use Luna.

I might have issues with Selena in this one, but I've got a pure water left, if I need it.

Turn 1: I send Ewan, Amelia and Marisa to the right, where Gerik and Tethys load. Ross heads down the other side since he's practically invincible.

Next 10 turns: Dealing with these dang pegasus riders. They nearly killed L'Arachel, Ewan and Marisa. Ewan gets one level, Luck, mag, res, skill. Marisa gets a few, mostly skill, speed, luck and res. I wasn't able to save the villages. Ah well, everyone's got great res. Meanwhile, Ross is having problems with Selena, who gets him to 3 HP.

Turn 12: Start pushing south. Marisa levels again: Hp, skill, luck. More importantly, she now has a C in swords.

Turn 13: Ross gets an elixir from Duessel, who is carrying Ephraim. Ewan gets a level. (Marisa kept on critting things instead of weakening them for Ewan, so he's quite underlevelled.) Hp and Res.

Turn 14: Ross goes back towards the southern village again to make a final push towards the boss. Ewan kills the sniper with some help. Skill and speed. You know, I've never seen Ewan have Mag this low. Marisa still is critting everything in sight, which gets her a level. Hp, skill, luck, def. I want to promote her early, but I need more strength from her. I'll probably load up on energy rings and/or speedwings at the secret shops. As long as I get Rennac's card.

Turn 15: Selena's out of Bolting! Ross just runs across the river this time.

Turn 16: Ross takes out the last pirate. Ewan levels up again! Hp and Skill. OOOF. Ewan, please! I need GOOD levels!

Turn 17: Ross clears out the rest of the top of the map. Ewan starts chipping away at the knight, the mage and the Mercenary.

Turn 18: Ewan levels off of the Mercenary! LUCK?! WHAT DO YOU MEAN? WHAT THE LUCK, MAN?

Turn 19: Amelia weakens the enemy cavs for Ewan and Marisa. Ewan levels up. Don't make me strangle you... I guess that magic and luck is twice as lucky as just luck?

Turn 20:Amelia puts  the troubadour with the sleep staff to sleep before it can do that to us. Ross heads around the other side, clearing out four Cavs. Ewan levels up:  Mag, luck, res. Getting better every time.

Turn 21: Ross gets another amazing level, perfect aside from Def, which is already quite high. After a lot more effor that it was worth, Marisa kills the great knight, amassing enough exp for a level. Str, speed, res. I like it! Her strength is still awful, but promotion and energy ring, (which I just got from mrs. sleep troubadour) should mitigate that. I'm not as worried about Amelia since she doesn't have the crit bonus that swordmaster will. Ewan also gets a C in dark!

Turn 22: Let's finish this. I'm giving Marisa a zanbato in hopes of her doing some damage to Selena. I opt for Amelia to attack first so I can feed the kill to either Marisa or Ewan. 

Turn 23: I forgot that this was a rout map, so I fed the kill to Marisa and send Ewan to take care of the three enemies vibing on the bottom. Marisa caps speed, gains skill and luck.

Turn 24:Ewan levels up: Magic. He then polishes off the last enemy, an archer. Biggest waste of an eixir ever, though. Ewan levels up before finishing the map. Magic and res. Well, at least he's not mag screwed.

"On the next episode of Good eats...

NO ONE EXPECTS THE GRADO INQUISITION!"

Ch. 14 awaits!

Ch. 14: Papa and Choild/Father and Son

My strategy is to charge everyone straight up so I can recruit Rennac ASAP. I have Ewan and Marisa with their promotion items on them to be used if they reach the correct stats. I gave Marisa the energy ring, Ewan the Goddess Icon, just to help his hit/avoid a bit. Probably gonna give Him Metis' tome too. Might give it to Marisa. I'd give it to Amelia, but she's over leveled so It won't do me much good.

Turn 1: Heeeeeere comes Rennac. I send Duessel and Ephraim around the back of the castle to run away. Kapow! Ewan takes out a mage

Turn 2: I explode forward in a charge with Ross and Amelia. Ross helpfully misses at 88%, which allows Marisa to clean up after him and get a level. Skill. Her growth are gonna be pretty bad now that she's capped speed, but I want to try to get more def/strength out of her. Speedy Amelia levels up: Strength, speed, def. The three stats I needed from her! Yes!

Turn 3: Oh crud, that's a  lot of enemies coming from Ephraim's spawn side. I clear out a whole bunch of fighters, getting a level for Ewan! Magic, luck, def. Speed would be nice, but he's currently Squishy Gonzales on a team with three Sorta-squishy people,

Turn 4: I send Ross all alone forwards, leave everyone else back to deal with the sea of enemies coming from the other side. Amelia deals enough damage for everyone else to pick up easy kills. Whoopsie-doodle, Colm just died. It's all right: I've got Rennac. Sorry Neimi.

Turn 5: I'm in trouble! The lance enemies are giving Marisa problems and it'll be tough to let her escape. I'll promote her on my next turn, if I make it that far. Meanwhile, Ewan gains Hp, skill and res. AND ROSS GOT HIT BY THE STINKIN' SUB-10% SLEEP STAFF!

Turn 6: I cleared out the last of the lance-using enemies, and restored Ross. And just in time, Rennac is here. OH WAIT, ROSS JUST GOT BERSERKED? HEEEEEECK!!!  This might derail my plans, which is too bad, Marisa just got an amazing level: Hp, Strength, speed, luck. Promotion time for real! I'm fine with Ross, though, the enemies have him surrounded and Ewan's far away from him. Except Ross just completely ignored them and attacked/OHKO'd Ewan! Hold up...Ross, the Berserk condition explicitly says: Attacks the nearest unit, be it friend or foe. NEAREST UNIT. NEAREST UNIT.

2m0o0x.jpg.0ece1f5bfa4740683ca70657c1b2f11e.jpg

Sigh...I need a break from this...I'll give this another shot tomorrow.

Edited by Benice

1 hour ago, Benice said:

Except Ross just completely ignored them and attacked/OHKO'd Ewan

Yeah, it uses the same AI as the enemy and green units, and goes for whatever does the most damage, no matter what else pretty much.

1 minute ago, Hello72207 said:

Yeah, it uses the same AI as the enemy and green units, and goes for whatever does the most damage, no matter what else pretty much.

I figured that out the hard way, as you well know. Ross has flippin 13 Res though, so neither of the status staves should have hit, but ah well, I'll beat the map next time.

2 hours ago, Benice said:

I figured that out the hard way, as you well know. Ross has flippin 13 Res though, so neither of the status staves should have hit, but ah well, I'll beat the map next time.

Ah, but RNG is god over fire emblem, and when it screws you over, it screws you over.

Okay, attempt 2: This time I don't bring Colm because I want to grind out supports in the tower of Valni before the final chapter for no reason.

I'm also going for basically the same strategy, but deal with the fighters coming from the right corridor quicker.

Marisa levels, but takes some hefty damage. Hp, str, luck. I'll take it, since as soon as she promotes, she becomes unhittable.

Ewan levels up too, but just gets luck. Amelia also levels up! Hp, str, skill, luck. 

Ross gets to work at the enemy gate, with a pure water ready.

And Ross gets berserked again anyways, but this time L'Arachel is ready for it, ending the condition.

Amelia holds the corridor without any problems, Ewan levels up! Skill and luck. Geez, I'm considering promoting him right away to get promotion bonuses.And Ewan has been put to sleep. Not permanently, thankfully. Unfortunately, Ross has been berserked again too, so I can only help one. Obvious choice here seems to be Ross since Ewan will be killed by him regardless. I'm in danger, but Ewan survives by a hair. BUUUUUT Marisa's been 13%ed.

Attempt 3: Change of plans; Amelia's leading the charge instead of Ross. She's got better res and I'm tired of these status staves. Heavy spear in hand, Amelia goes for the gate, getting a level! Hp, speed, luck, res. Dang, I need that res right now. Thank you, Amelia.AMELIA GOT BERSERKED! ARRRGHGHGHGHGHGHGHGH!!

Attempt 4: This berserk staff shouldn't be hitting this often... I'm doing the same thing again, but with a pure water. She now has 21 res, so that berserk staff with 20 mag really shouldn't hit... Amelia levels, up, adding to her avoid with more speed and luck. AND SHE AVOIDED THE BERSERK! Took a while, but I've done it...now I just have to do it twice more...And I am promoting Marisa! Ewan levels up, getting himself magic, luck and skill! Unfortunately, Ewan's been slept, so I can't heal Amelia. I'm just gonna  keep the gate closed, then the people run out of staves. AHA! I've outlasted them! I can safely trample them now!

Recruiting Rennac will be tough. Hopefully I can clear out all of the knights. I also need his member card, because if I can get Marisa's strength high, hoooooo boy, she kills everything in sight. Too bad she was cursed this time around. 

Rennac is gonna get away. 

Attempt five: After a lot of effort, I recruit Rennac with Ephraim because L'Arachel was killed meatshielding. Biggest waste of 10K ever, but oh well. I'm gonna beat the chapter. There's nothing helpful in this secret shop, sadly.

Oh heck! There's another Berserk staff user, and it got Marisa! She crits Ross, but it doesn't kill him. Marisa nearly died trying to attack a bishop, though. Heck, this ended a lot more intensely than I thought it would. Amelia levels up! Strength, skill and speed. Well, her strength is starting to become acceptable. Ewan also levels up! I'm promoting him after this chapter, so I'm squeezing all I can out of him. It's a good level! Hp, SPeed, Skill, magic. He's super squishy, though, so I am very very worried. Usually he ends up with 14-6 def as a shaman. Not this time, obviously. Ewan kills one of the druid, then level when he misses a priest! Hp, Mag, spd, skill, res! Yes! That's what I'm talking about! Ross also gets another level to add to his ridiculous stats: Hp, str, spd, def. He's gonna be fast enough to double almost everybody now!

Meanwhile, Amelia clears out the enemies in the treasure room for Rennac to loot. Amelia now has an S is lances! I also get back all of the gold I lost from recruiting Rennac, so my bototm line is still pretty dang solid. Ross ORKOs Vigarde, and that's the ball game! I'm gonna make a thick ton of money from all of the things I can sell from here! I got Garm!

Ewan is promoted to Druid now, and I gave him an angelic robe so he might be able to survive a few hits...

We'll see you next time on Torture Time!

Edited by Benice

On 1/29/2020 at 12:31 AM, Benice said:

If I choose Eirika's route, I will get Franz to Lv. 20 in the arena on ch. 5 so he can recruit Amelia. (Since it'd otherwise be borderline impossible.) Thusly, Distant Blade will  not follow the Trainee only category.

I was rereading the original post when I noticed this, you know Eirika can recruit Amelia, right? RIGHT?

28 minutes ago, Hello72207 said:

I was rereading the original post when I noticed this, you know Eirika can recruit Amelia, right? RIGHT?

Gettng Level 1 Eirika to Amelia in eight turns was going to be painful..