Who is Your Favorite Ashen Wolves Character?

Bk1234

Who Is Your Favorite Ashen Wolves Character?   

59 members have voted

1. 1. Who is Your Favorite Ashen Wolves Character?

• Yuri
    • Constance
    • Hapi
    • Balthus

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Bk1234 said:

@Faustino This is supposed to be a pre-DLC judgment, but I get your point.

I see, though I still wouldn’t know regardless.

But if we’re talking about who my favorite is in terms of design, I’ll go with Constance. The best one of the four. Hoping she would turn out to be a great character.

Edited by Faustino

So far, Yuri. He's bisexual like me and he has the personality I typically go for. Balthus is pretty interesting and I can't wait to see his relationships with Hilda and Claude. I love Coco's "Ojou-sama" laugh, but there's something off about her portrait. She looks really good in her character artwork but the portrait that's displayed when she talks doesn't look right to me. I have my eye on Hapi tbh. I'm most curious to see her time-skip design, if she has one.

• 4 weeks later...

Bumping this thread, since CS is out for quite some time and players should be well aquainted with the 4 characters now. 

Sooo, what are your thoughts after actually playing CS + getting the characters in the main game? 

I'm torn between Hapi and Yuri. Haven't unlocked all the support convos yet but Yuri/Dorothea and Hapi/Linny are pretty awesome. 

I really like how sly Yuri is, but he sometimes comes off as if looking down on his comrades, especially the other Ashen Wolves.

Coco was ruined for me with the mood shifts tbh. Seems like she hasn't much more going on besides of that and being super focused on restoring her house. Too one-dimensional for me. 

Hapi, for comparision has way more going on than just sighing. 

And Balthus...  yeah. 3H already did a meathead muscle character way better (Raphael). Wasn't so fond of Balthy, although his supports with Hilda are mildly amusing.

In the voice acting category Coco wins. 

From the new classes I found the Trickster most useful. The Foul Play combat art rules. 

Edited by know_naim

My favourite in terms of design is Hapi. I like her  a lot! In terms of utility, I think for me its a toss up between Yuri and Hapi. Hapi is a well rounded magic user, has both healing and damage spells, and can take hits.  I like to give her the seiros shield, so she takes half damage from beasts and dishes out extra damage in return.

Yuri for me is the most suitable dancer in the game, especially with his relic. Even without dancing, he can use put the sword avoid +20 to good use. He is fast and has good charm, magic, and relatively good damage. He is the ideal unit to send forward and dodge tank/take up enemy attention. I also like the way he looks post time skip.

I like Costance less, she seems annoying. Good offensive magic though!

I mentioned this before, hoping that Constance would be a great character since I like her design but she turned out to be annoying as hell. Her sudden mood change doesn’t really do her justice.

Yuri is a cool dude, personality wise. Not much else to say really.

Hapi with her laid-back personality. I like that she gave her fellow Wolves such cute nicknames (Yuri-bird is such an adorable nickname).

Balthus is basically Raphael and Caspar combined, who offers nothing new...aside from that Hero’s Relic of his.

That being said, Hapi is definitely my favorite of the Wolves, though my opinion may change since I haven’t unlocked all the supports between them, which unfortunately I have no intention on doing...at least for now.

If I got nothing else going on, then I will definitely replay a route for those along with other supports I may have missed.

On 1/29/2020 at 7:50 AM, Etheus said:

I mean, right now we only have limited personality info and a character design to go off. So, this could really change.

But so far, Hapi. Hapi is really attractive. 

Yuri is also a character I'll probably end up liking, as I tend to like the flamboyant bishounens for their scenery-devouring personalities.

Constance falls into that iffy category of bitchy character. Sometimes, like Maribelle, they have a lot of personality that redeems them for me. Other times, like Lysithea, they're just mean-spirited.

So, my like order after release ended up being:

Hapi > Yuri > Constance > Balthus.

Hapi ended up being one of my favorite characters in the overall cast. Not only is she fine af, but she is also refreshingly chill, down to earth, and anti-authority. 

Constance is the big one. I like L'arachel a lot so seeing a successor to her antics is very nice. Her fallen house is quite an interesting traits and she has a very solid set of support with the nobles she used to know. She even allows the Death Knight to be an interesting conversation partner. The only thing I don't like about her is her sunlight gimmick. It seems silly, out of place and ultimately unnecessary as being L'arachel is already a gimmick. 

Hapi is second which surprises me. I thought she would be my least favorite character but she turned out to be quite endearing. She has a solid set of support and can get nicely savage with her conversation partners. She also looks unique which is a plus. 

On his own Yuri is the most interesting of the bunch and the most impressive figure by a good margin. On his own I like him but I take issue with his backstory. Its just so cluttered.

Spoiler

He's the adopted son of House Rowe, and the maffia boss of Western Fodlan, and the leader of Abyss, and rhea's spy AND Bernadetta's first friend. He's only barely an adult. Where did he find the time to go do all that? I can't say I was particularly wishing for count Varley to get some rehabilitation either. 

Balthus is fine. I like him but he's also everything I immediately assumed he would be. Everything he says and does is kinda predictable. Even his debt isn't hard to predict. 

Still going Constance. I get what people don't like about her, though: if you didn't have the patience for Bernie and Marianne, you wouldn't have the patience for her, either. Even if you did, you might end up going, "Ugh, another one?" But I still like her.

I changed my stance on Balthus a little bit. His supports with Yuri are very nice. Still, compared to the rest of the Ashen Wolves he's my least favorite. That said, the whole bunch are fantastic characters and a great addition to the cast. Can't really say that anyone is outright bad.

I haven't played Cindered Shadows with japanese VA yet, will do so after I'm finished with the main game. I'm curious how this will change my opinion on the AW's.  

Yuri easily. Dude is basically the "Lord" of Cindered Shadows. He's got a pretty slick design, and I find his pretty-boy, flirtatious personality pretty charming. I loved Leon in SoV and Yuri has a similar personality.

As the House Leader of the Ashen Wolves, Yuri has a lot of cool little details that make him fit in nicely with the other Lords. Within Cindered Shadows itself, he wields Swords as his primary weapon type and is Infantry, contrasting nicely within the other Lords' classes in that mode. His growth total is also one of the highest in the game, similar to the other Lords.

As a unit in the main story, I like him for similar reasons that I like Ingrid. His balanced growths let him work as both a physical and magic unit pretty nicely. Having 4 weakness in learning talents sucks though.

Only issue I have with the character is that his backstory has way too much going on. Individually the pieces are fine, but together it just confuse me too much and has me asking a lot of questions. Was Yuri an Assassin before or after he was adopted? When did he become Bernie's friend? He's a double double agent? I feel they should have given some of these traits to another character in the Ashen Wolves house because this is a bit too much to process.

Also, why does he not have a support with Ashe despite having 2 different battle conversations?