Who is Your Favorite Ashen Wolves Character?

Bk1234

Who Is Your Favorite Ashen Wolves Character?   

59 members have voted

1. 1. Who is Your Favorite Ashen Wolves Character?

• Yuri
    • Constance
    • Hapi
    • Balthus

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 hours ago, FoxyGrandpa said:

Yuri easily. Dude is basically the "Lord" of Cindered Shadows. He's got a pretty slick design, and I find his pretty-boy, flirtatious personality pretty charming. I loved Leon in SoV and Yuri has a similar personality.

Leon is too vain for my tastes. He's also weirdly fawns over Valbar, of all people.

Yuri is conniving and incisive. They look and carry themselves similarly, but Yuri is much more cerebral, so I like him more.

14 hours ago, AyraXLex said:

Leon is too vain for my tastes. He's also weirdly fawns over Valbar, of all people.

Yuri is conniving and incisive. They look and carry themselves similarly, but Yuri is much more cerebral, so I like him more.

That's a fair point. Leon is more emotional & vain, which is understandable given his brief backstory of losing a friend he loved. Since Yuri is a house leader and assassin, he certainly has better composure, and is more intelligent. He also doesn't show his emotions as often, but his supports with Dorothea and Bernadetta shows that he does let them get the better of him from time to time.

Between Yuri & Leon, I also like Yuri more. However, Leon's still got some of his own charm that make him an entertaining character.

On 3/9/2020 at 12:20 PM, FoxyGrandpa said:

That's a fair point. Leon is more emotional & vain, which is understandable given his brief backstory of losing a friend he loved. Since Yuri is a house leader and assassin, he certainly has better composure, and is more intelligent. He also doesn't show his emotions as often, but his supports with Dorothea and Bernadetta shows that he does let them get the better of him from time to time.

Between Yuri & Leon, I also like Yuri more. However, Leon's still got some of his own charm that make him an entertaining character.

For sure, i was just giving my own personal feelings.

Now that I've completed Cindered Shadows, I'll keep Hapi at the top. Yuri's stock definitively rose.  They did make him wear a few too many hats, but I think it fits his character - reminds me a lot of Leleouch from Code Geass lol. Balthus and Constance have their place but I won't be rushing to recruit either in the main story.

Yuri is more comparable to a pre timeskip Claude than to Leon. The Leon comparisons are skin deep, and really only refer to appearance and being effeminate. 

The comparisons between Constance and L'Arachel are fair, but she actually has much more in common with Maribelle. In fact, she's pretty much spot on Maribelle, with a ridiculous sunlight gimmick added on. And that's probably a good thing. L'Arachel is great fun, but she is as appealing as she is because of her excellent dynamic with Rennac and Dozla.

Edited by Etheus

I thought Balthus and Yuri would be my favorites, but honestly Hapi stole the show. Her supports are seriously amazing, and I just find her character both relatable and intriguing. Her profile of being 'neutral' and 'apathetic' had me worried, but I found her personality actually incredibly dynamic.

Constance—while my least favorite of the 4—is still pretty awesome if only for the fact she made me laugh out loud a few times. Her voice acting of the two different sides of her was very, veryyyy well done.

Balthus I really like too. He's exactly who he is, and I appreciate that in a lot of ways.

Yuri I also enjoy, though I think not as much as I hoped. The casually flirtatious with everyone feels off, because it's so obviously fake. I sorta wish they had either left that part off, or made him a little bit more charming and suave. Despite it, he's still my second favorite of the group, so clearly it doesn't bother me that much. My favorite part about Yuri is that they didn't make him effeminate as his appearance would suggest. He seems like a sassy, effeminate character based on the design, but then he opens his mouth and you get anything but. So that was a huge plus for me, since he's one of the few gay options I have. XD

But overall these 4 characters were incredibly strong, imo. Yuri & Hapi will probably be on my main run team from now on, replacing Annette and Mercedes (sorry girls!).