What makes a cute guy cute?

XRay

So yeah, how does a guy get you to squeal for joy? Do you consider cute guys to be husbando material? How about across the pond in Korea? I am not too familiar with K pop, but cute guys seems more prevalent there compared to America. I think we prefer manly men in the West, like Thor, Black Panther, Ike, T-800, etc. How does you country portray cute guys, and are they popular?

Jacob from Twilight in my opinion is the best cute guy. He is tan, got a nice body, has a cute baby face, and is super loyal (I mean, he literally transforms into a dog). Who is my cutie poopy? Yes you are, Jacob poo, yes you are! (My deepest experience with a puppy was when I had to puppysit for a couple of days, and the lasting impression I got is that they smell like poop, and poopy rhymes with cutie better than puppy. My poor baby Boots threw up almost every time she walked past the bathroom and smelled the puppy; I think cats can smell at least ten times better than humans or something, so I guess it must be pretty bad for her.) I guess for me, the most important criteria are having a nice athletic body, have a cute baby face, and have an endearing personality. And I guess depending on the eye of the beholder, cute baby face can range from your normal cute baby face to Helbindi's fugly face.

Personally, I prefer gentleman guys as husbandos, like for example Reinhardt, Seth, and Captain America. I mean I guess cute guys are not bad, but if I am finding a husbando, I would not start with cute guys.

Nick Jonas is also pretty cute too, but he has a streak of badness and naughtiness in him, so I do not think he is a pure cute guy like Jacob. Either way, he is still cute though. Would not your heart squeal too if your cutie poo is acting Jealous?

Edited by XRay

I would describe some of the people you mentioned to be more handsome than cute, not that someone can't be both at the same time I guess.

I would say Ashe (my profile picture) to be cute, and his personality also plays apart of it, so it's not just his outward appearance that would make me think of him to be a cute person.

But if we were to take this conversation into real life, I don't think I ever see myself finding someone to look cute, but they might act in a certain way which I will find a bit cute.  

6 minutes ago, Ashe02 said:

I would describe some of the people you mentioned to be more handsome than cute, not that someone can't be both at the same time I guess.

Good point. Jacob and Nick Jonas are handsome too, so where do we draw the line on cute? Is there even a line? Is baby face a quality that is separate from handsomeness so there is no need to draw a line?

I tend to just use "cute" interchangeably with "handsome" or "attractive" when it comes to guys. But there is an exception and that's for males who are teenagers/kids like say Donnel or Rolf. Then if I say they're cute, I mean it differently. Kid cute, basically.

if i look at him and my brain goes "cute" then he's cute

sometimes people are situationally cute and are hot or handsome in other times

Here comes me talking about Brazil again...:

I'm pretty sure that most of us don't know what's the diference between cute and handsome around here. Sure, we do the 'Kid Cute' thing but that doesn't count. From what I observed, the term cute is simply used to when a handsome boi does something for you or if you find him appealing. If the boi did something actually cute (but it doesn't get into the 'something to you' category), he gets a little 'So stupid..'.  (..Also, completely random story: During High School, some dude ended up missing the blast from the drinking fountain and it got directly to his nose. Some girl saw this, said 'So cute..' and walked away.)

I personally use cute to describe people that..'do something without the need to think'? Well, I don't really know how to describe it. Natural? Yeah, maybe that works. But I use the same idea for all genders, so I'm not sure if I'm qualified to participate into this.

4 hours ago, XRay said:

I think we prefer manly men in the West, like Thor, Black Panther, Ike, T-800, etc.

The idea of big muscle men being attractive is more of a marketing thing than most people's preference. It's basically a straight man's assumption of what straight women, gay men, etc actually like.

I catch "cute" from people who are into me, about as often as "pretty". Think it depends mostly on the moment though, with cute being more when I'm being silly.

If you want my opinion, I’m more into femboys personally. Guys with a bit of a softer look like Corrin, Yuri, or Robin. Byleth can have some pretty cute expressions too honestly. Robin especially is just perfectly suited to my tastes. I love him so so much honestly. He’s a mix of cute and hot. Can’t really go wrong with M!Robin.

dedue is cute and you cannot prove me wrong

But tldr my view is that its very subjective and can be influenced by association as most things can be, generally I'd previously found scrawnier and younger guys cuter but I've personally found myself broadening by tastes a bit tbh.
Personality absolutely plays a part but not everyone finds the same stuff cute.

anyways this video came to mind 

Spoiler

Edited by Emerson

I like effeminate looking guys, longer hair usually, gentle features, and no facial hair, that's just my all-encompassing preference, though.
That's cute for me.

And also what I strive to eventually look like.

Edited by Caster

6 hours ago, Emerson said:

dedue is cute and you cannot prove me wrong

Dedue is a big teddy bear! Great choice.

It's really subjective, as others have said, I mean I kinda separate hot/handsome from cute, but sometimes it overlaps.

2 hours ago, Ottservia said:

Glasses make everyone cute regardless of gender

Can confirm: my glasses make me look less like I want to kill you because I've only gotten 3 hours of sleep.

Anybody who has seen my video game firsts answers knows that the two characters I listed for this category are M!Corrin and Kuja (FF9).  I don't 100% swing towards dudes, but these two seem to have the qualities that make me flirt with considering them husbandos.

Overall I seem to have a soft spot for effeminate gray haired guys with an air of mystery about them if that makes sense.  Case in point, I would also list Kaworu Nagisa and Riku (KH) to be another two picks for me.

It depends on what you mean by "Cute". Are we talking about looks or personality? For looks, I tend to use "Cute" for younger-looking guys or guys with a much more youthful vibe. It's not my type, as I'm more into serious-looking/mature people. For personality, it's hard to describe. They would have to act endearing or youthful to me.

If we’re just talking about Fire Emblem, then I’d say I prefer the more muscle-less guys over those that are “manly”. There are exceptions, but I’m pretty sure those exceptions either don’t have that much muscle, or they hide it under all that armor, or behind a “cute” personality, or both. (Still love you, Hector. <3)

Of course, if you want to be considered the cutest guy in my books, you’ve got to have...

. blue, spiky hair.

. trouble with social skills.

. done something so bad that you got sent to quarters for 10 days by your father.

. used your cape as a blanket.

. a soft and cuddly plush that can be by your side to protect you from any scary monsters that appear when you sleep at night.

I hope it’s obvious I’m talking about PoR Ike.

Of course, Ike is just a fictional character from a video game. I don’t plan to ever get in a real relationship.

On 1/29/2020 at 8:54 PM, Specta said:

sometimes people are situationally cute and are hot or handsome in other times

Stealing the text in italic as a Discord status message~

Edited by Karimlan