Mythic Hero Battle: Líf

SatsumaFSoysoy

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@LordFrigid that was impressive as always friend. 

I will try to record my clear, phone permitting. 
The first few maps i used Marth and his Dragon Lolis. (Sothis, TIki and Myrrhbear) but open the future was a thing. So we dusted off ole "Chill Res" and "Hardy Bearing" for that Vantage Blue Tome (I saw you) and Ophelia got to work. Pretty simple, and now 

image0.png

Ophelia is rocking her adventure hat. 

@daisy jane @SatsumaFSoysoy @Landmaster @LordFrigid @mampfoid

So many blue units, so much food for Titania.

This map was the biggest example of a "missing steps plan" I've ever had. This map is loaded with busted Blue enemies that exist to screw with my formation and stats in every way possible, so naturally Titania was going to be handling all of them. The challenge was preventing her from getting swarmed by everyone else in the process, especially Líf since no one on my team could tank his Special (49 exact damage meme on F!Grima! ARGHABLE!). The rest of it was trying to bait out the enemies without aggroing Líf until I could hit him with Chill Spd so B!Ninian could one-round him with Desperation... which got her Astra charged in the process, so the one-round became a one-shot without needing to kill the Fáfnir interfering with the Chill.

Quick and easy one-turn clear. I should really try using some of my other units sometimes, but it takes a lot more investment and I just don't have the resources. Tried it with Bartre, but just a brave axe+ wouldn't cut it, so I had to go with Cherche in the end.

Spoiler

Before I post anything @mcsilas I'm so sorry that I haven't response to any of your clears. I knew there is one day that you post like 5 multiple clears. I saw the notification but didn't check cause I'm too busy.

@Zeo @mampfoid @Landmaster and the two guests @SatsumaFSoysoy @DLNarshen(Who I never directly tag before but I reckon you guys might miss me a little) Inform me later if you don't want me to tag.

I come back to drop my clears with some nostalgic soundtracks for you guys. Technically, these soundtracks are pretty old but I decide to bring them back for today.

Hope you guys enjoy watching ^^

Shiro must stick with Ike to protect each other while Siegbert run up and down to get rid of range units. Chill Def help a lot to take out those fridges.

There is no wonder, Shiro's crew took so much efforts to survive Abyssal. Dagger emblem stand no chance to sweep all those bulky units. But at least they managed to win infernal.  Also Kagerou come back this time after her spot stolen by Winter Jaffer.

Edited by Ginko

This map's a lot less headache-inducing than most for Leon and his dancer posse on Infernal!  But a few notes:

1. Flying Olivia's Bracing Stance allows her to tank the blue mage.  Lene might be able to pull this off, but she'll need Escape Route.  Silvia should have no problems tanking that.  Regular Olivia may need a bunch of skill inheritance and possibly +Spd (in other words, just train up a Silvia if possible).
2. Assuming Legendary Azura's Attack Tactic is your main booster, you'll need a second flying dancer, and an infantry one.  The infantry one will need Escape Route (Lene/Silvia) or Wings of Mercy (if they're not tanking the blue mage).  This is to get them out of the way towards the end.
3. Leon MUST have Sturdy Blow 2 in the S slot.  This allows him to survive Open the Future, by a sliver.  He'll definitely need some merges, and possibly some flowers, too.  He'll need to be at full health when attacking Lif, but this shouldn't be too hard (those armors are perfect for healing thanks to Aether).

Used my standard team. But it was tricky. Líf was unkillable by any of my units.

Replaced Naesala's Galeforce with Blazing Wind. B!Ike had pulse smoke on him (wasn't even aware at first), it turned out to be an essential part of the clear.

Edited by Endriu

Done with Abyssal. Sonya really did a lot.. Her Aoe could deal around 44 damage to Lif. Still had to use Blazing Thunder for the right range and give a little damage to him before going full out. Also had to watch out for the Healer which induces Guard effect. 

It was not hard to deal with. Having Marth, Nowi and Yune having the same Atk stat helped Lucius to buff everyone.

@daisy jane @Landmaster @DarkAlf @mcsilas @BoaFerox @Maaka @mampfoid @TEKWRX

@LordFrigid That was a great clear, my friend. The use of Obstruct on Caeda was really good!

12 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

How are you supposed to kill Lif in infernal? Not even my +10 Death Blow 4 Reinhardt survives him. 😕

You're not going to survive Open the Future without the mother of all Blue tanks. If that's not on the menu, then your only option is to wipe him off the face of the earth before he can do the same to you. If DB Rein isn't cutting it then you need to take it a step further and go for a Bladetome nuke with Desperation, or (as @Endriu suggested) a charged Blazing AoE.

If this sounds like overkill for just one unit, you'd be right. But Líf is one of those cases where overkill is the best option, because he is absolutely the biggest threat on the map and you don't want him activating that Special ever.

Edited by Some Jerk

1 minute ago, Hilda said:

by letting him face a proper built Sharena!

I don't think I have this since I don't use the Askr trio for maps like this one. I just use them for quests that require them.

4 minutes ago, Endriu said:

Aoe skills can be helpful. Pulse smoke is also good.

I don't have these available on any of my best units either. Except Reinhardt who has a couple AoE skills.

3 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I don't think I have this since I don't use the Askr trio for maps like this one. I just use them for quests that require them.

I don't have these available on any of my best units either. Except Reinhardt who has a couple AoE skills.

Do you have the laguz fliers? 

I used naesala+5 tibarn+10 and b!ike +10 leanne +0.

But thats abyssal.

I suppose its possible to clear infernal with +0 versions. Naesala comes with blazing wind in his kit.

5 minutes ago, Endriu said:

Do you have the laguz fliers? 

I used naesala+5 tibarn+10 and b!ike +10 leanne +0.

But thats abyssal.

I suppose its possible to clear infernal with +0 versions. Naesala comes with blazing wind in his kit.

Yeah, but they're not merged like yours.

I'm trying to use my own +10 Brave Ike, he takes too much damage from other enemies to survive Lif.

I've tried giving Reinhart Atk buffs, but that does nothing for some reason. His damage on Lif doesn't go up at all and I have no idea why.

I don't get how anyone else was able to clear this when I can't do it with a fucking Reinhardt of all things. It just doesn't make sense to me. I still wish IS would just do away with maps like these. They're way too difficult.

Edited by Anacybele

While I can’t speak for anyone else, my Brave Lucina and +10 Selena combo pretty much tanks the entire map. Only really had to use Hilda to take out one armor knight and lance cav otherwise. Selena just kinda swept Lif included. On the fifth turn and at around 39 HP, she’s sitting at a nice 62 defense which is more than enough to tank Lif’s open the future proc

Edited by Ottservia

And if Lif doesn't kill my units, those stupid fucking healers will. How are they able to even do much damage, let alone kill things so easily? They're healers! They're supposed to be weak like all generic healers. Yet my NY Alfonse + Sharena gets one-rounded by them, and at full health.

I just have no idea how even my best units get so easily killed here. I have a lot of options, SOME of them should work. And yet none do. Brave Ike can't even tank much here. It's ridiculous.

Edited by Anacybele

Open the Future hit pretty hard, had to dedicate one of the backup Nowi to counter him instead of just deleting with the main like I usually do.  Firesweep + dazzling staves made me use Null Disrupt over a more universal skill like Mystic Boost for heals making it harder.

Edited by Nowi's Husband

3 hours ago, Anacybele said:

How are you supposed to kill Lif in infernal? Not even my +10 Death Blow 4 Reinhardt survives him. 😕

Time Rein's Luna proc so it goes off, that should easily destroy infernal Lif, heck it should work even on Abyssal Lif with some drive atk support (for reference, my +10 Rein does just that, with Death Blow3, Sturdy blow2 seal, and Hone Cavalry buff active.

Just now, Azuni said:

Time Rein's Luna proc so it goes off, that should easily destroy infernal Lif, heck it should work even on Abyssal Lif with some drive atk support (for reference, my +10 Rein does just that, with Death Blow3, Sturdy blow2 seal, and Hone Cavalry buff active.

My Reinhardt has Aether right now, but Luna's among his options too, I believe. I can try that.

@daisy jane

Thanks! Seems like you had a pretty good experience with the battle. Now tell your phone to get with the program. That hat suits her.

@Diovani Bressan

Nice job on your clear, as well! The level of investment in that crew never fails to impress. Nowi eating Líf for breakfast was easily the best part, for me. +Style points for finishing the battle with everyone at full HP!

~

The Lance Fighter annoyed me. Thus, a bit of revenge was in order. There were some tricky bits with positioning, and refraining from taking out some enemies, to ensure that Killing Intent was active, but Thrasir prevailed in the end.

Celica succeeded as well, though I pray that the day they start giving DC to enemies like that Lance Armor never, ever arrives.