Mythic Hero Battle: Líf

SatsumaFSoysoy

... I was feeling lazy so I went with Klein + Azura gang. Took a few tries since I needed to switch around some seals, Klein had troubles killing Lif. 64 atk, luna proc, and quad wasn't enough lol. Double drive atk helped score the kill.

I did infernal with my winter armour team but that was a huge pain. Huge reason was I feeling lazy with Abyssal. I might try a non-cheese team later on.

Does a gen 1 archer count as cheese? It is ranged nuke + dancers

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just used B!Ike, Lancina, Astram and Brave Lyn. B!Ike can tank Lif himself it's just insane. I did it again with B!Ike, Lancina, Askr Duo and Peony, it was much easier because magic takes care of armored knights. 

Reinhardt with Luna and Sturdy Blow seal worked! Aw yeah. 😄

The rest of my team was Brave Ike, RD Ike, and Peony. In fact, I use those three together a lot now, because the Ikes can tank and kill a lot of stuff on enemy phase together and obviously Peony provides great support. She's so cute too. And as usual, I'm a huge Ike fangirl and so I merged those guys up a lot. XD RD Ike also sometimes provides support with tactics skills when I can make the other two team members non-infantry (RD Ike comes with Def Tactic and then I can slap a tactic seal on him for two tactics).

And one more thing, two Ikes are better than one! :3 Maybe one day I'll try a team of three Ikes + Peony on some higher difficulty map with the third Ike being GD Ike. I'm going to merge him up as much as I can when he returns soon too.

Edited by Anacybele

Sorry I’m a bit late posting, was a bit busy today~ Fortunately this map wasn’t too hard. It's Eliwood's that giving the Elises the most grief

It was that Wary Fighter Lance Armor that was causing the most trouble but once we figured out a way to get rid of him and also hold off those last two Clerics, it was just making sure we survived Lif, after that~

@Diovani Bressan should be proud of me, used not-Aether on Nowi for the first time in like 2 years.

Spoiler

@LordFrigid - OBSTRUCT META~ Always can count on magic being everything. This one looked like it required a lot of thinking, congrats on figuring it out!

Thasir really went and betrayed Lif. I guess we had the same idea just yeeting in from the right. Though it’s probably smarter to do with Thrasir than a smol Loli. Seems like this was one of the easier ones for her, she must know Lif’s secrets.

That Barrier Lance Fridge has to be one of the most annoying Abyssal units in a long time

@Some Jerk - I was watching someone on Youtube with a Titania who also said “Live On” when yours did. I just found that amusing~ I love when this Silvia goes rogue. Lance Knight felt like more of a final boss than Lif who just ends up exploding.

@Maaka - I will anticipate the day Dad Bartre makes it into a clear

@Ginko - I was going to harass you about the animations LOL. A lot of those early enemies just wouldn’t go down but Ike and Shiro managed to out last them so Siegbert could snipe out the reinforcements. If anyone can tank an Open the Future, it’s Shiro~

I don’t know why I always expect Kaze will take any damage from these Dragons. The Turn with the armors was well played clearing everyone out and saving them for last. Well done!

@Diovani Bressan - Why do you have a +2 Yune, I want a +2 Yune. I love how Lif suicided and still exploded on his friend. Deflect Missile on Marth, very big brained.

@Hilda - That is the craziest Sharena I have ever seen in my life, goodness. That was some savagery by the Askr Trio if I’ve ever seen it.

@Nowi's Husband - Blazing Nowis are always fun. I’m always impressed how you manage to find the perfect combination of Skills to pull these off.

I usually don't do these things and stick with AR for video's, however, i felt compelled to do this one since It actually gave me some issues figuring it out. Primarily because of the abundance of Lull and Panic. it was fun to circumnavigate. 

Video Tl:Dw: Nailah shits on the majority of units.

Edited by Vicious Sal

@LordFrigid I really liked the others videos you did, especially Thrasir's. Nicely done!

@Landmaster Oh, I am so proud of you! Great clear!!! Actually, my Yune received a boost this morning and she is +3 now. I am updated with the 3020 meta tactics, being Deflect Missele one of them.

@Landmaster

Nice clear. Nowi took a good amount of beatings, but she kept blasting everyone away with Ignis. The Elise trio where as surprisingly powerful as always.
---

Abyssal will need some more puzzling, but Infernal was a good place to test out my completed Soren. He barely got a hit in, but with Chills and infantry hexblade he played a good part in allowing Gordin to almost solo to map.

Edit: Probably giving up on Abyssal. Lif seems to be immortal with even blue tome mages struggling to hit for more then 10 X 2. My usual Roy delete button or other options don't have much affect either.

Edited by Sasori

Nice clears btw everyone, just had time to watch them after work. 

Funnily enough, I saw only clears that either left Lif for later, by staying out of range, or the one turns that clear him immediately. Seems like I have a rather different approach haha.

2 hours ago, Vicious Sal said:

Funnily enough, I saw only clears that either left Lif for later, by staying out of range, or the one turns that clear him immediately. Seems like I have a rather different approach haha.

A approuch that worked pretty well for you. You weren't kidding that Nailah made short work of the map. She even comfortably took on green units.

It seems not saving Lif for last was also the key to my Abyssal victory so it was a good tip.
--------
This Abyssal run took quite a bit of work. Those really REALLY annoying healers where constantly raining on my parade. Lif also took a bit of puzzling to see what could take him down.B

But eventually I got my team settled.

Roy needed swordbreaker and some dance support to survive Liff, but he got the ball roling before dealing with the green dragons.

My new plus 10 Boey got to keep my team safe from all the blue units and even got to take Lif down with a good Ignis.

Pent needed a bit of investment, but after that he was good to go. His role was create space on the player phase.

Finally Lalum ensured that Roy could get to work. Outspeeding Roy meant she was hit with the annoying chill, her own chill ensured Roy could double the green dragon and her C skill gave Roy some nice added bulk. Some

@Landmaster

Edited by Sasori

Oof, Líf was tough. Even with Blazing Thunder ready to go, Reinhardt had to wait until that stupid Rally Up Res Green Fáfnir died before he could finish the job. Other than that, this was one of the easier L/MHBs for the old reliables.

20 hours ago, Landmaster said:

Thasir really went and betrayed Lif. I guess we had the same idea just yeeting in from the right. Though it’s probably smarter to do with Thrasir than a smol Loli. Seems like this was one of the easier ones for her, she must know Lif’s secrets.

Idk, it seems like it worked out pretty well for Elise too.

I’m not sure what exactly I was expecting your opening move to be, but I definitely didn’t anticipate Elise straight-up crushing the Bow Fighter. Nowi had a pretty close call with that blue mage, barely getting the one-shot. And she nabbed the boss kill too...what’s up with these dragons lately?! Nice work!

~

One more(?) clear, inspired by Landmaster’s Alm & Celica Team from Travant’s battle.

Spoiler

Was fun, would do again.

On 1/30/2020 at 11:14 AM, Ginko said:

(Who I never directly tag before but I reckon you guys might miss me a little) Inform me later if you don't want me to tag.

I don't mind the tag!  I won't always have time to respond, but I'll pop in to watch when I can.  Your Shiro is impressive as always - especially one-rounding Lif like that!  "I'm Shiro!  I'm Siegbert!  I'm with you"  No need to be shy Azura x)

On 2/1/2020 at 12:11 AM, Vicious Sal said:

dont know you faced him in turn 2 just like my Askrtrio.

I said I'd try this out with a different team so here I am. Beasts weren't my original plan but I pulled a +spd/-hp NY!Lethe rip the NY!Selkie dream. A crazy good unit 😊

First time using any of these units in Abyssal so this took a while. Selkie, poor little Selkie with 44 atk ended up being the hero with her random miracle. I can't remember why I gave it to her but it ended up being clutch. Lethe was an absolute monster while Tibarn was Reyson's supportive boyfriend. 

I pulled like 4 Dimitri in the last legendary banner. My girls only deserve the best 😌

7 hours ago, DLNarshen said:

"I'm Shiro!  I'm Siegbert!  I'm with you"  No need to be shy Azura x)

You mean the second turn when they form a straight line, right? I just notice they say those line orderly.

Edited by Ginko

@LordFrigid Yay Azura! Reinhardt was unexpected. Smart Obstruct, though.

@Some Jerk That was pretty solid. I like that every unit had a very defined role, so it was very much about the teamwork, instead of support units just being nothing but support.

@Ginko Infantry Breath is nice. I think you really made cav movement shine in your run, with Siegbert going left and right while the two tanks slowly moved around. Nice to see Kagero is back again. I didn't recognize the first song, but I love Go Tight. I never used it though, because it seems like almost every Akino song is instantly blocked on Youtube.

@Diovani Bressan That's a pretty broken Nowi, and Marth's support just makes her even more broken. No wonder there was no struggle.

@Hilda I feel like your strats have becoming progressively more insane. In a good way, but also a literal way, given that you just dived straight in on like turn 2 and killed Lif. I recently put Atk/Spd Bond 4 on my Sharena, but I don't have that Lull. Seems really good.

@Landmaster Ah, honorary Elise this time. I feel like everyone is doing crazy stuff this map. Just throwing Summer Elise into axe dude's range on turn 1 wasn't what I expected. I also thought you might chip Lif out with staff Elise, but I guess that wasn't necessary with Bignis.

@Alexmender @mcsilas @Zeo

Pretty late in putting this one out partially because of procrastination, but also because Celica just didn't work lol. The map isn't very kind to her since it's hard to gain map control with Lif watching the top and units with very long range patrolling. The Bow Cav was the biggest wall with Lull Atk/Def; I needed a quad to kill him, but I couldn't get a quad at the point in time he becomes close enough to hit. So I just changed gears.

Edited by SatsumaFSoysoy

I don't know how to take videos of gameplay but since Lif's Abyssal was the first one I cleared on a unit's first run since I built a proper team I thought about posting about here. This is was my team. 

PSX_20200205_001833.thumb.jpg.32b0cd8769500e1d7ec88204f4eef660.jpg

Notes that Sothis has Summoner support

Edited by SuperNova125

On 1/31/2020 at 2:50 PM, Sasori said:

---

Abyssal will need some more puzzling, but Infernal was a good place to test out my completed Soren. He barely got a hit in, but with Chills and infantry hexblade he played a good part in allowing Gordin to almost solo to map.

Edit: Probably giving up on Abyssal. Lif seems to be immortal with even blue tome mages struggling to hit for more then 10 X 2. My usual Roy delete button or other options don't have much affect either.

Gordin is still pretty crazy clearing the map pretty much on his own~

Nice Abyssal clear! I love seeing me some Boey and Roy. 5 damage Astra against Boey was pretty funny. And him killing Lif with Bignis was even better. Pent was not playing any games either. That was a really close call against the Lance Refrigerator, I’m impressed at how no one died on that last turn. Really good job!

On 1/31/2020 at 9:10 PM, LordFrigid said:

Idk, it seems like it worked out pretty well for Elise too.

I’m not sure what exactly I was expecting your opening move to be, but I definitely didn’t anticipate Elise straight-up crushing the Bow Fighter. Nowi had a pretty close call with that blue mage, barely getting the one-shot. And she nabbed the boss kill too...what’s up with these dragons lately?! Nice work!

~

One more(?) clear, inspired by Landmaster’s Alm & Celica Team from Travant’s battle.

Hide contents

Was fun, would do again.

Bow Fighter kill surprised me, too~ I figured I'd stop being able to get away with it once we hit Abyssal but these Archers rarely pose a problem for OG!Elise~

So Caeda’s your favorite character I’m guessing? I feel like the two +10 Caedas should have said something to me before this moment. Nice couple clear! Your B!Caeda is awesome. Now +10 Groom Marth~ I loved that Reciprocal Aid play, very big brained, husbando of the year stealing all his wife’s health

On 2/2/2020 at 1:48 PM, ChickenBits said:

I said I'd try this out with a different team so here I am. Beasts weren't my original plan but I pulled a +spd/-hp NY!Lethe rip the NY!Selkie dream. A crazy good unit 😊

First time using any of these units in Abyssal so this took a while. Selkie, poor little Selkie with 44 atk ended up being the hero with her random miracle. I can't remember why I gave it to her but it ended up being clutch. Lethe was an absolute monster while Tibarn was Reyson's supportive boyfriend. 

I pulled like 4 Dimitri in the last legendary banner. My girls only deserve the best 😌

So I see you like Death Blow 4, very nice beast clear, Lethe and Selkie are pretty crazy~

On 2/3/2020 at 6:02 AM, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

@Landmaster Ah, honorary Elise this time. I feel like everyone is doing crazy stuff this map. Just throwing Summer Elise into axe dude's range on turn 1 wasn't what I expected. I also thought you might chip Lif out with staff Elise, but I guess that wasn't necessary with Bignis.

Pretty late in putting this one out partially because of procrastination, but also because Celica just didn't work lol. The map isn't very kind to her since it's hard to gain map control with Lif watching the top and units with very long range patrolling. The Bow Cav was the biggest wall with Lull Atk/Def; I needed a quad to kill him, but I couldn't get a quad at the point in time he becomes close enough to hit. So I just changed gears.

The plan would have been to chip if Bignis didn’t work but Nowi didn’t need the help this time~

Hilda makes a nice substitute for Celica. Cordelia got to run a little wild herself, too. Even with Hilda’s near death experience at the end, seems like the map was pretty easy overall for these ladies~ Congrats!

Fairly standard team of Summer Corrin + Legendary Azura + Dancer Micaiah + PA Azura stomped Abyssal. Been a while since I've been able to get away with one of those.

@SatsumaFSoysoy

The way Cordelia went from 3 x4 to 24 x4 on the Sword Armor was hilarious. Close call on Hilda’s survival at the end there. Nice work on your clear!

23 hours ago, Landmaster said:

So Caeda’s your favorite character I’m guessing? I feel like the two +10 Caedas should have said something to me before this moment. Nice couple clear! Your B!Caeda is awesome. Now +10 Groom Marth~ I loved that Reciprocal Aid play, very big brained, husbando of the year stealing all his wife’s health

I’ve been discovered, initiate evasive maneuvers!

Yeah, the New Mystery translation patch was the first FE I put a significant amount of time into. Caeda always did well, and thus earned all of the favoritism. I’ve been thinking about making Groom Marth a merge project recently, if for no other reason than to shore up my “meh” green one-turn cast.

@Ginko So proud of the boy Shiro flicking Lif like it was nothing (pitiful damage then just does enough damage to beat him back). Ike tanks things so much, and really rounds out your team with the colour balance. Kaze sure used those buckets well to make Lif cool off his head.

@Diovani Bressan Great synergy in your team! Yune's positioning really helped and I laughed at the Cleric being kept busy using restore.

@Landmaster Oh great music choice, I forgot about this track. Very fitting on this map. Blue Elise sure tanked hits and dealt a big blow to Edgyfonse. Seeing you deal with those clerics was so satisfying.

@SatsumaFSoysoy Oh hey, Noragami OP! (The Oral Cigarettes?) A shame Celica didn't work but nice too see Cordelia's prf in action. The 3x4 turning to 24x4 was amazingly hilarious! How did that happen? Hilda also puts in amazing work when she tries.

@Zeo @DLNarshen @mampfoid @daisy jane @Alexmender

Had a busy week, so did this late and went for an easy-ish clear.

Lif, meet Thrasir's new girl group.

Team is +Def/-Spd Thrasir, neutral Soiree Rinea, neutral Fallen Delthea and +Atk/Def Halloween Mia

Music is Last Dance from the King of Fighters 2002

- Thrasir teams up with some Witches (or uhhh..witches to be) to deal with her old partner. Had to stretch the theme for Rinea because dancer support helps when using frail mages. Thrasir herself dominates a lot of the map and she is really fun to use. Dragon effectiveness also helps for the stray dragon or two.

- Delthea had to time her Brazen-charged Glacies since she barely one shots Lif with the right conditions. If he had the Res boost from the dragon, then Delthea would have failed so that took a few AI manipulation tries to finally give Lif Death and end his suffering.

-The Wary Fighter armour was a little bit annoying with Barrier Lance, so both Mia and Rinea had to take a few hits for a bit. Mia needed Steady Stance though because of her bane.

Edited by mcsilas

I used to have only FH!Delthea clear these Abyssal challenges by herself but recently I gave her a new friend to help out.

Someday I would like to be able to clear these Abyssal Challenges without dancers but for now I'm just happy to have gotten the golden explorer hat before the event expired.

On 2/4/2020 at 6:01 PM, Landmaster said:

The plan would have been to chip if Bignis didn’t work but Nowi didn’t need the help this time~

Hilda makes a nice substitute for Celica. Cordelia got to run a little wild herself, too. Even with Hilda’s near death experience at the end, seems like the map was pretty easy overall for these ladies~ Congrats!

Nowi is just strong, I guess.

I think it was possible to make Hilda take less damage, which I did in a previous run. Not sure why she took so much that time.

On 2/5/2020 at 5:42 PM, LordFrigid said:

The way Cordelia went from 3 x4 to 24 x4 on the Sword Armor was hilarious. Close call on Hilda’s survival at the end there. Nice work on your clear!

If I had Close Call on Hilda...

20 hours ago, mcsilas said:

Oh hey, Noragami OP! (The Oral Cigarettes?) A shame Celica didn't work but nice too see Cordelia's prf in action. The 3x4 turning to 24x4 was amazingly hilarious! How did that happen? Hilda also puts in amazing work when she tries.

Yup! I like that song, and the lyrics sort of go with Lif's insanity I guess.

Cordy got Panicked and also got +6 from Atk Tactic, so she did shit damage the first time until Galeforce cleared the Panic.

Oof, Lif's lover turned against him. FDelthea honestly had more Spd trouble than I thought she would...

I'm free now so it's reply time.

@Landmaster  Staff Elise really hit hard!! That 1st turn opening was big advantage. Nowi really hang on and counter kill enemies. Summer Elise is a can opener with Lancebreaker!!

@mcsilas I have a heart attack when you let those paper thin mages tank the blue fridge. Delthea hit hard and score many kills. Thrasir tank magic hits and counter kill them in the process.

Edited by Ginko