Mythic Hero Battle: Líf

SatsumaFSoysoy

@LordFrigid Haven't seen Reinhardt in a long time. This one looked tough.

@Ginko I've lost the post I made for your clears 3 times, sorry to keep things so brief. Ike and Shiro are amazing tanks. I'm a little jealous you were able to clear Abyssal so easily. It wasn't such a easy task for me. Kaze is also a beast. Enjoyed seeing him take no damage from the dragon and nuke everything like he did.

@Diovani Bressan Your team made this look like an infernal clear. I can't even begin to understand how that's possible. The buffs from Lucius help a ton but how Nowi is able to tank that horrific brave bow cav is a mystery to me. Speechless otherwise. Amazing music selection too.

@Hilda Haven't watched your clears in a while so I wanted to give this one special attention. One of the best clears I've ever seen from the Askr trio. You made them look like a bunch of +10's. Anna darting around with her weapon and Galeforce and you making her look like an actual offensive threat. Alfonse tanking blue magic, Sharena tanking Lif and Veronica holding everyone down. This felt like more of a final battle than what we got with Hel. Just awesome.

@Landmaster What an adorable massacre! In all seriousness, the music didn't fit the characters at all, but given the carnage it kinda worked. The map wanted to overwhelm the Elises but teamwork made the dreamwork. All of your Elises hit so hard that the enemies weren't able to pile on top of you and while Nowi lacked self-healing, Ignis's clutch kills more than made up for it. Still she got by on the skin of her teeth against Lif but she clapped back hard with that Ignis. 

@SatsumaFSoysoy There's something to be said when Hilda is the weakest offensive unit on a team. Nothing but death dealers here. Cordelia's quadding potential and increased damage took her through the roof with her prf, I went "um..." at the 3 damage she was doing against the armor initially but once she got danced I almost swallowed my gum in shock at the damage. Her offense coupled with Kagero's debuffs and Panic Smoke just made things unfair. The flat 100 damage she did against Lif without a special had my jaw on the floor. Despite all that Hilda still almost died but made it out with a clutch 1 HP. Clears like this remind me that outside of Nino I lack neuclear firepower on both the ranged and melee sides of the spectrum, and that I need to change that. Also jealous that Null-C Disrupt seems to grow on trees for everyone but I've only pulled a total of 1 Nailahs. Great clear.

@mcsilas Oh hey, -SPD Thrasir buddies! Is that Rugal's theme I hear? Good choice, especially given the title. As for the clear, Thrasir did the heavy lifting despite her bane which was great. Mia didn't do too much but some much crucial healing cemented her value to the team. Delthea did a pretty good job at the beginning keeping the left side of the map clear but once her special was ready she just lied and waited to deliver a nearly exact damage kill straight to Lif's face. Easily the most satisfying part of the clear despite Thrasir's efforts.

@NSSKG151 A bit laggy, but fun watching NY!Anna and F!Delthea crush everything as if this was a lunatic map. Curious you changed her weapon but a Slaying Bow+ had much better synergy with Special Spiral. Also same tips I give everyone when it comes to clears: change the battle music to "Special Only" and get rid of the dancer animations. Both these things break up the flow of the clear and it's much smoother and cleaner without them.

@Alexmender @DLNarshen @mampfoid @daisy jane @BoaFerox @NegativeExponents- @Dayni @Baldrick @XRay @Xenomata @Cute Chao @Usana

Wasn't really planning on doing so many clears for this one. They were pretty quick as well. Music was probably the hardest thing because so many tunes went well with this map. No bunch of text today, I want to get right to it. Let's start with Serra.

Pretty standard stuff for Serra. Double brazen pain spelled doom for most of the enemies. She shared the spotlight more this time around with Fae. She could have done more if I'd killed my S!Xander but the time to give her CC has not yet come. Naturally Eliwood rounds out the clear with his token albeit crucial kill and we have pretty simple stuff. Serra has been competing with Matthew for the top spot in my "braindead so throw xxx at it" list of teams.

Next we've got a Ross clear. The pair of Son-of-Warrior-Garcia-Ross and Lute was unofficially unveiled for the Might & Magic clear but that was technically a Celica clear. This one is the first that legitimately belongs to Ross. Their partners here are Hrid and Eir who provide turn by turn healing, debuffs and a flat DEF boost to Ross (since it was wind season) which all proved invaluable for this clear.

A little AI manipulation to avoid the Bow Cav and the Drive ATK 2 seal on Eir was all that was needed to seal the deal after a little trial and error. Lif himself was simple to deal.

An Askr clear was something I wanted to do the second I saw Lif's map, but unfortunately unlike other players I don't have a decked out Askr trio capable of dealing with the map even on Infernal. I still at least wanted to have Alfonse take on Lif so I went to see if I did anything with Alfonse after *5'ing him and as it turns out, I gave him both his refine (+DEF) and Brazen ATK/DEF so I could triple brazen him and he's a pretty strong force in his own right. So I brought along him and Brave Lucina cause she makes him stronger, Nino because she's an OG nuke and someone Alfonse would take with him for the firepower and Dancer!Nephenee for a refreshing different dancer (plus Close Guard 6 which is pretty fun).

Things were a bit dicey here. Lack of firepower here or a misstep there would lead to Alfonse or Lucina biting it early on in the map but this was remedied by putting Renewal 3 on Alf which healed him at pretty much the perfect times while keeping him in brazen range. The biggest goal was him being able to take on Lif which was possible which was pretty easy with triple brazen and close guard.

I wanted this to be my first Askr Trio clear ever, but this will have to do.

Now the Abyssal clear. This one almost didn't happen. It was tough and something or another would either kill Matt outright or he'd lack the firepower by just a few points to kill a crucial enemy (really felt the lack of Null-C-Disrupt in this clear). Most of my time recording was spent on this particular one. Approaching the map tons of different ways finally led me to a path to bypass the bow cav altogether who Matt could not tank no matter what I did. After that one more big roadblock almost had me give up until I discovered a way out through Ardent Sacrifice. I think it's the first time I've ever been forced to use that assist skill to clear a map ever. It was a headache, but we did it. Witness.

Now for our final clear we have something special. Something I seldom do but since we're gonna be wrapping up clears once again I wanted to do things like this before that happened. Clears like this remind me that everyone's FEH is different and though I'm pretty sure I've said this before, even if certain characters were bit players in their respective games it's intriguing that every summoner has their own canon. That in the world of FEH even those bit players can be Legends in their own right, but maybe we shouldn't throw such a word around at all.

Why don't we just call them Heroes, because that's exactly what they are: Heroes.

No standard Matthew or Morgan clear this time guys. Doing something different these days.

Cheers~

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

19 hours ago, Zeo said:

@NSSKG151 A bit laggy, but fun watching NY!Anna and F!Delthea crush everything as if this was a lunatic map. Curious you changed her weapon but a Slaying Bow+ had much better synergy with Special Spiral. Also same tips I give everyone when it comes to clears: change the battle music to "Special Only" and get rid of the dancer animations. Both these things break up the flow of the clear and it's much smoother and cleaner without them.

Thanks for the advice. Never knew there was an option to keep the map music playing even during combat.

@Zeo Really nice clears, and a lot of them as well! Really nice Ross you got there, Wo Gun seems really great on him. I want to outfit my own with a few more axes once I get more feathers, and he's definitely getting this one!
I really liked the last clear as well, and what you said about everyone's FEH being different. It's really cool to think about how these four characters in particular would interact and fight together. This clear reminded me of one of the coolest aspects of FEH!

@Zeo +Res on my Hilda came in clutch (I picked +Res on purpose). Though, in an earlier attempt, I remember the staff unit doing 20 instead of 25. Not sure what I changed. That's not NCD on Hilda btw, it's just her NFU.

Serra is surprisingly strong, huh... I wonder if I could do similar things with my Bride Lyn. She's +9, but I haven't given her many staves. I like the Azura in the thumbnail. Also, wasn't that song in the Serra clear in a Bionicle commerical or something? I never learnt the name though.

Ross is pretty broken with those stats. I guess he is on the slower side, but that didn't really stop him.

The Alfonse vs Lif duel was hype! Not many people managed to get a red to duel Lif, but Brazen-stacking Alfonse is definitely one to do it with. I hope he gets Open the Future one day. Maybe some kind of plot power-up. And maybe a Special or Assist for Sharena too.

Wow, so much support on Matthew and he still had that much trouble? I recalled him being a lot more dominant... Though this map was on the harder side.

An all-stars clear to wrap it up, huh? That's pretty neat. It looks cobbled together but I think there's some real synergy there. Matthew and Ross as frontliners while Morgan provides magic damage and buffs, Serra heals the frontline and packs some good damage of her own.

@Zeo 

Serra is such a monster with the way you play her. Brazen + Pain is always addicting to see.

Ross is a little monster. Nice to see the support from Hrid and Eir. Just realised how both Lute and Hrid like debuffs, so looks like a nice team in general.

Nice job juggling Alfonse's Brazen and Renewal! Missed opportunity for an Emiya theme here lol. Seeing specials do more than 100 damage is so satisfying, and Close Guard skills are such good skills/seals for clears like these. See Lif's normal damage do a tink sounds was magical.

Feels strange for me to see your Matthew go way up north in the Abyssal clear, you really put him in the fray there. Kind of funny seeing Eliwood with Ardent Durandal and Ardent Sacrifice in the same set. Don't really see those assists anymore in general so good to see it made the clear work.

All star clear was amazing! Loved seeing all the celebrities in your barracks join together. Great synergy all around, nice to see t hem support each other through healing and debuffs.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/22/2020 at 8:27 PM, Zeo said:

Wasn't really planning on doing so many clears for this one. They were pretty quick as well. Music was probably the hardest thing because so many tunes went well with this map. No bunch of text today, I want to get right to it. Let's start with Serra.

Pretty standard stuff for Serra. Double brazen pain spelled doom for most of the enemies. She shared the spotlight more this time around with Fae. She could have done more if I'd killed my S!Xander but the time to give her CC has not yet come. Naturally Eliwood rounds out the clear with his token albeit crucial kill and we have pretty simple stuff. Serra has been competing with Matthew for the top spot in my "braindead so throw xxx at it" list of teams.

Next we've got a Ross clear. The pair of Son-of-Warrior-Garcia-Ross and Lute was unofficially unveiled for the Might & Magic clear but that was technically a Celica clear. This one is the first that legitimately belongs to Ross. Their partners here are Hrid and Eir who provide turn by turn healing, debuffs and a flat DEF boost to Ross (since it was wind season) which all proved invaluable for this clear.

A little AI manipulation to avoid the Bow Cav and the Drive ATK 2 seal on Eir was all that was needed to seal the deal after a little trial and error. Lif himself was simple to deal.

An Askr clear was something I wanted to do the second I saw Lif's map, but unfortunately unlike other players I don't have a decked out Askr trio capable of dealing with the map even on Infernal. I still at least wanted to have Alfonse take on Lif so I went to see if I did anything with Alfonse after *5'ing him and as it turns out, I gave him both his refine (+DEF) and Brazen ATK/DEF so I could triple brazen him and he's a pretty strong force in his own right. So I brought along him and Brave Lucina cause she makes him stronger, Nino because she's an OG nuke and someone Alfonse would take with him for the firepower and Dancer!Nephenee for a refreshing different dancer (plus Close Guard 6 which is pretty fun).

Things were a bit dicey here. Lack of firepower here or a misstep there would lead to Alfonse or Lucina biting it early on in the map but this was remedied by putting Renewal 3 on Alf which healed him at pretty much the perfect times while keeping him in brazen range. The biggest goal was him being able to take on Lif which was possible which was pretty easy with triple brazen and close guard.

I wanted this to be my first Askr Trio clear ever, but this will have to do.

Now the Abyssal clear. This one almost didn't happen. It was tough and something or another would either kill Matt outright or he'd lack the firepower by just a few points to kill a crucial enemy (really felt the lack of Null-C-Disrupt in this clear). Most of my time recording was spent on this particular one. Approaching the map tons of different ways finally led me to a path to bypass the bow cav altogether who Matt could not tank no matter what I did. After that one more big roadblock almost had me give up until I discovered a way out through Ardent Sacrifice. I think it's the first time I've ever been forced to use that assist skill to clear a map ever. It was a headache, but we did it. Witness.

Now for our final clear we have something special. Something I seldom do but since we're gonna be wrapping up clears once again I wanted to do things like this before that happened. Clears like this remind me that everyone's FEH is different and though I'm pretty sure I've said this before, even if certain characters were bit players in their respective games it's intriguing that every summoner has their own canon. That in the world of FEH even those bit players can be Legends in their own right, but maybe we shouldn't throw such a word around at all.

Why don't we just call them Heroes, because that's exactly what they are: Heroes.

No standard Matthew or Morgan clear this time guys. Doing something different these days.

Cheers~

Sorry for the late comments~ I actually watched these a while ago but never had time to post the comments (since I was half sleep while I was typing them). Last week of classes so I’ve been a bit backed up.

Double Brazen Serra is vicious. I love how she basically scared off the enemy healers from attacking her because of her Res. It’s cool watching Serra handling the left side while Fae fends off the right. They’re still a great dream team~

Wooo, Super Saiyan Ross and Lute! These two make a destructive duo. I only half noticed Eir was on this team, she’s great for keeping the saiyans high on health. Seriously, that Ross is a monster, geeze, he just won’t go down. Love him, great work!

A Benchlord clear is really interesting. You don’t see him too often outside of Hilda’s videos~ Nino does a lot of the early nuking so he only has to worry about the physical threats. His Ignis is still wild and that matchup against the blue refrigerator was godlike. Even future Benchlord can’t stop him. It was nice to see Neph and Lucina get in on the action, too.

Now for good Ol’ Matt~ I’m surprised you said it gave you trouble considering how easy that first turn looked. Trapping in that Bow Cav was a nice idea. Ardent Sacrifice came in pretty clutch, it’s nice when niche Skills help get the job done~ The rest was pretty much a cakewalk for Matt, though that Blue fridge ended up being much more of a final boss here~ Well done!

Did you just make a Sky High Reference? I’ll accept it since I see Morgan and I was worried best son was getting left out. I thought the original Matt-Morgan power hour was your best crossover, but the Fantastic Four here seems like it’s snatching that wig, huh? What really needs to be said about this one, just an awesome display of all your starts kicking some nice ass together~ No dancer or Bonus Double required~

• 2 months later...

There's a lot of catch up I have to do here, so let's start from there:

@Landmaster Wow! The Elise squad made this seem like your average GHB map. Nowi's Bignis were very impressive (mostly that one against the mage where she got just 1 more point than the mage's HP, a very clutch kill). 

@SatsumaFSoysoy First thing that caught my attention was the Noragami music. That was a very fun series, even if I kinda lost track of what was going on somewhere around the middle. Anyways, our clears are very similar to each other. Hehe, guess that was inevitable with how this map forces Hilda to go on a more defensive route rather than the GF teleport shenanigans I love to use with her. Still, your clear was very awesome!

@mcsilas Wow, even with the -Spd Thrasir really dominated this map, funny how mine has the opposite nature and even then I just can't get a grasp on how to use her properly. That clean OHKO on Lif was also a very nice sight. 

@Zeo That Serra clear was impressive! She just went and thrased the whole map while Fae was holding the right side so it wouldn't get out of control. My favorite part was how Serra left Lif practically dead but decided that Eliwood should get the final hit (or maybe she thought it would be too boorish to get rid of a corpse with her own hands and left it to the only guy on the team...yeah, that sounds like Serra).

That Ross is really something. At +0 and he practically tanked the whole map. That Noontime and the +20 true dmg from his weapon and Wrath really does wonders. Now that I think about it, at what merge level is your Ross right now? Anyways, it seems a common theme in clearing this map is starting by destroying that Firesweep archer ASAP, which is obvious due to how annoying those types of enemies are. Seeing Hrid is pretty rare, but his buffs were certainly invaluable for that time Ross ended at 1 HP from the Blade tome and then having to tank the horse guy. This clear is a few months old so Ross is probably waaay stronger now.

Despite being relatively budget, Alfonse is certainly a force to be reckoned with after he enters the Brazen range. Leaving Lif alone was a nice touch. What surprised me the most is how devasting Nino was even with a relatively budget build, it really shows how well she has aged despite being a year 1 unit. 

So Matt also struggles a bit with Lulls, luckily his Prf still allows him to pack a punch against those skills. Eirika gets shut down hard by them, and that's super annoying. Anyways, outside of the bow cav, Lif and the Tin can that refused to die it was just another stroll in the park for Matt. Special Spiral + Sol is a really interesting combo, maybe it's just me being to used to seeing Aether, GF and AoE specials being paired with that skill. 

Now that collab clear gave me Avengers: Endgame vibes. Everyone performed at roughly the same level, it wasn't like someone was carrying the clear while the others just picked off some stragglers. I like how balanced each unit was. It shows how carefully you planned each of their builds to ensure they'll perform at top level even if they don't have their usual teammates around. Favorite of the clears, I have to say.

- - - - 

This one took it's sweet time. Lif was certainly a threat on his own and as such I needed a very specific answer in order to get rid of him. But the team managed to do it, and that's what matters in the end.

Warning: The music in this video is Metal (because Lif is an edgelord) so expect to hear screams and stuff, although I adjusted the volume so it isn't that loud but still.

And with this clear, I should be caught up on all of the MHB/LHB to date.

I initially planned on having PA!Azura finishing off the Barrier Lance armor knight on enemy phase but it turns out Celica can finish him off if she's in within range of Flower of Joy's buff despite being hit by Panic Smoke.

Spoiler

Edited by Flying Shogi

46 minutes ago, GuiltyLove said:

Did this again without a dancer:

I like to torture myself : (

@XRay @Flying Shogi @Landmaster

I suppose it's not as impressive that I did this without a dancer because I ended up using a Duo Skill. Still, it was fun using Caeda!

TSOIA!Palla is pretty fun. I gave mine Galeforce so she can zoom around the map.

2 hours ago, Flying Shogi said:

The Atk bane Palla still put in a lot of work. Have to say, you're more daring than I am in putting your units in range of Panic.

maybe you're just a better player because you pay more attention to Panic than I do

7 hours ago, GuiltyLove said:

maybe you're just a better player because you pay more attention to Panic than I do

Let's just say when your nuke unit is Panic'ed, the enemies don't go down as easily. 

Time to catch up on some clears~

@Alexmender - Hilda and Eirika start doing most of the heavy lifting upfront. It’s impressive how much they’re able to do just on their own, but once Lif started coming down, Tsubasa went on a rampage. Really nice to see how far they’ve come, Lif’s map is still a really tough one. Congrats!

@ruruo - That Brazen Jeorge is not to be messed with. Neither is L’Arachel. She’s a pretty amazing nuke with that build. You made this one look super easy with how quickly everything went down.

@GuiltyLove - Duo Palla really shines in Flier teams. It’s always helpful to have Camilla as a good tank and to get her Flier buffs. Lyn’s probably my favorite flying archer, her bow is so good. Good clear!

• 1 year later...