Strategy for CQ Luna Ch 10

Emerson

After taking a break I decided to come back to CQ Luna and try it again. I greatly enjoy Chapters 7-9 but 10 is always extremely rough for me, which while I expected that, it's really proven to be too rough for me.
So I figured I might try and pool some knowledge and see if I can figure out a better strategy. My exp has been generally funneled into Corrin, Arthur, Silas and Effie, all of them sitting at Lv 10-12. Odin, Niles and Nyx are still base level. Corrin can easily take care of the right-center choke and push through, albeit with a the semi-consistent chugging of Vulneraries, while Effie can hold down the left side of the center in Pair-Up with ease. The upper-left can be dealt with easily once Camilla and her squad arrive with Selena + Silas or maybe Beruka (but her flier utility is more useful up front), but the issue lies in the upper-right. With both Archers and Spear Fighters coming in constantly, as well as the threat of a Pegasi swooping in and picking someone off, Niles and Odin, the only people not already holding down something, simply can't deal with it, and there's no one else left to hold that side unless I devote Camilla to it once she shows up (and she's really needed in the front to deal with Pegasi and help Corrin), meaning I need to really restructure my distribution of units.

I can post stats if needed but it likely won't change much, except that my Corrin's got much more Strength and Speed than average, even for his boon/bane, which... I believe is Spd/Luck? Spd/Luck or Spd/Mag, idr which.
But 15 Str and 17 Spd at level 11 is kiiiinda insane.

I have a healthy supply of funds, since up until now all I've purchased is a Heal, Bronze Axe and Javelin, so hopefully it's enough to figure something out.

Basically for this chapter, I found that the best way to take it on is to divide and conquer. I'd also recommend giving Azura or Elise a Strength Tonic + Iron Axe so they can trade it to Camilla, and send her over to Oboro since she can 1 round her + get the DracoShield. Camilla should then move towards the center and get the Dual Club from the village (or from whoever has it) to deal with Hinata as well since. Corrin should ideally be in the center (assuming he/she is a Nohr Princess) along with Niles (to deal with Sky Knights since they tend to flock the middle and handle the Balista). If you're struggling, I'd honestly think early promoting Silas isn't a bad if you don't plan on using him long term (Xander and a trained Sophie outclass him in the late game). I've never done this chapter with Paladin Jakob before but, I'd assume he would be a very good asset in the chapter since he can 1 shot enemies + can take them very well. I think I saw someone use a Defense + HP Tonic paired with Effie to deal with Archers on the right so they don't reach the Balista, but I had Silas with a Javelin + Effie paired up to deal with them too so Nyx can handle the Magic Orb (to chip the Ninjas and Oni on the left). Selena + Beruka can deal with the Oni (after Nyx has chipped them) in the left and visit that village.

Keep in mind the Sky Knight reinforcements are usually coded to aim for the seize point, and will ignore any of your units (even if they are in kill range). The Sky Knights also deal like no damage (I think Azura can tank 2 hits from the Sky Knights), but you gotta watch out for the ones with Darting Blow since they will double.

Not sure if that helps but that's what I did.

Edited by Lunarly

Okay so a couple things.
Effie can easily hold the upper-right like, entirely by herself with a couple Vulns. They're really not a threat once she's there.
So, I decided to promote Silas to GK (for the Bulk, his speed is garbage anyways) and Arthur to Berserker, since his gains compared to Hero are much more preferable. He can easily one round everything on the map. Silas now takes Effie's job, albeit with a lack of proper enemy phase due to his lack of D rank Lances for Javelin, but now that Arthur can act as a very competent frontline unit, it should be much easier.

I'm going to keep at if for a little while, and I do have a backup save in case I need to/want to revert anything I've done prep wise.

Thank you for the advice.

Edited by Emerson

A great map in the campaign. Conquest begins here.

The objective is a trap. It should not be played as a defensive map but as a route one.
Do not wait and defend positions, but charge and kill the enemies before they approach. By Turn 10, there should only be two or three enemies standing, including Taco Meat.

I often have two Archers here (Niles and Mozilla or Anna), and I prioritise the flow of Support Levels among the couples that I have chosen at the beginning of the campaign. But I will describe the roles and any party should be able to fulfil them. There is no need to promote units this early.

1. An Eastern Pair with 1-2 range on the eastern bridge to deal with the first two waves or Archers.
This pair should be able to kill in Attack Stance any one Archer or Ninja. Effie-Niles, Silas-Mozu, Silas-Effie, Effie-Mozu... they all can do it. Give them Strength and Skill Tonics and one healing potion. Grab the northern treasure on their way there.

Once you have dealt with the second wave of Archers, heal (you will have at least one free turn before the water evaporates) and head towards the eastern side of the ship to reinforce the pair that has being dealing with Angry Face and the Onis.

2. A South-Eastern Pair who can one-hit or one-round the Onis south-east.
This pair is rather easy to conform since the Onis have no Resistance and no Speed. A +Magic Cornflakes with her Dragon Stone or a trained Odin can tank them forever. Give them Magic and Skill Tonics, and also a Speed Tonic in the case of Odin. Time the attacks to face Oboro with a full guard, then use the Pair-Up (who was not Sealed) to finish her.

Get the eastern treasure, heal and keep marching south. Onis may hit hard (if they connect; they have terrible Skill, though), but they cannot win the game. They will always suicide on you and will not reach the Green Line. The pesky Pegasi however are the ones who may never kill someone but can actually defeat you, for they will march towards the Green Line. That is why the first pair should leave the eastern bridge and help manage the fliers in this area.

3. A Centre Pair to march south west, helping Camilla and the Girls.
Ignore the Onis in the west for now. This pair starts in the centre and should be ready to kill the first wave of fliers (aided by Azura and Elise), then march south with Camilla at the lead. An Archer is helpful here, but any pair who can kill fliers on Attack Stance suffice. Since the Pegasi have high Resistance, you want two physical hitters (or +Magic Cornflakes with her Dragon Stone.)
The Onis in the west are only a problem after the water evaporates, which gives you five turns to deal with the rest of the area. Once the water evaporates, they will all suicide on you, even if they could move towards to Green Line and actually win the battle.

4. Camilla can tank any one group bar Archers. Indefinitely.
She does not really need a Pair-Up, but Arthur gives her Strength, Speed and two useful weapons: an Iron Axe to double every flier with over 90 % accuracy, and a Hand Axe to one-hit Ninjas or fliers two spaces away. Be smart and let Camilla be Sealed or de-buffed by Shurikens on her first turn, so that the enemies can actually deal damage to her and suicide on her instead of ignore her and march north.

5. Beruka and Meanie should accompany Camilla and the Centre Pair and march south-west.
Since Camilla will be the one dealing with the great majority of the enemies, just be careful of pesky fliers and units that may kill Paper Elise or Paper Azura. (In the case of Smurfette, make sure that she has at least 11 Speed or she will be doubled and killed by the fliers.)
On their first turn, they can deal with the two Onis on the western bridge and grab the western treasure.

6. Elise will actually do very little work here, since she would be exposed if she were close to her teammates.
Give her a Mend staff to gain some Experience, and probably use Freeze on some fliers, but she is mostly a spectator.

7. Azura is a catapult. She enables units to move fast from one zone to another.
Go to her, say hi and heal (let Elise heal you), listen to her boring tune and keep moving to the zone that needs you.

8. Nyx or an untrained Odin should be hitting the western Onis with the Anti-Matter Cannon, since they have nothing else to do.

Edited by starburst
Format.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/31/2020 at 5:02 PM, starburst said:

A great map in the campaign. Conquest begins here.

The objective is a trap. It should not be played as a defensive map but as a route one.
Do not wait and defend positions, but charge and kill the enemies before they approach. By Turn 10, there should only be two or three enemies standing, including Taco Meat.

I often have two Archers here (Niles and Mozilla or Anna), and I prioritise the flow of Support Levels among the couples that I have chosen at the beginning of the campaign. But I will describe the roles and any party should be able to fulfil them. There is no need to promote units this early.

1. An Eastern Pair with 1-2 range on the eastern bridge to deal with the first two waves or Archers.
This pair should be able to kill in Attack Stance any one Archer or Ninja. Effie-Niles, Silas-Mozu, Silas-Effie, Effie-Mozu... they all can do it. Give them Strength and Skill Tonics and one healing potion. Grab the northern treasure on their way there.

Once you have dealt with the second wave of Archers, heal (you will have at least one free turn before the water evaporates) and head towards the eastern side of the ship to reinforce the pair that has being dealing with Angry Face and the Onis.

2. A South-Eastern Pair who can one-hit or one-round the Onis south-east.
This pair is rather easy to conform since the Onis have no Resistance and no Speed. A +Magic Cornflakes with her Dragon Stone or a trained Odin can tank them forever. Give them Magic and Skill Tonics, and also a Speed Tonic in the case of Odin. Time the attacks to face Oboro with a full guard, then use the Pair-Up (who was not Sealed) to finish her.

Get the eastern treasure, heal and keep marching south. Onis may hit hard (if they connect; they have terrible Skill, though), but they cannot win the game. They will always suicide on you and will not reach the Green Line. The pesky Pegasi however are the ones who may never kill someone but can actually defeat you, for they will march towards the Green Line. That is why the first pair should leave the eastern bridge and help manage the fliers in this area.

3. A Centre Pair to march south west, helping Camilla and the Girls.
Ignore the Onis in the west for now. This pair starts in the centre and should be ready to kill the first wave of fliers (aided by Azura and Elise), then march south with Camilla at the lead. An Archer is helpful here, but any pair who can kill fliers on Attack Stance suffice. Since the Pegasi have high Resistance, you want two physical hitters (or +Magic Cornflakes with her Dragon Stone.)
The Onis in the west are only a problem after the water evaporates, which gives you five turns to deal with the rest of the area. Once the water evaporates, they will all suicide on you, even if they could move towards to Green Line and actually win the battle.

4. Camilla can tank any one group bar Archers. Indefinitely.
She does not really need a Pair-Up, but Arthur gives her Strength, Speed and two useful weapons: an Iron Axe to double every flier with over 90 % accuracy, and a Hand Axe to one-hit Ninjas or fliers two spaces away. Be smart and let Camilla be Sealed or de-buffed by Shurikens on her first turn, so that the enemies can actually deal damage to her and suicide on her instead of ignore her and march north.

5. Beruka and Meanie should accompany Camilla and the Centre Pair and march south-west.
Since Camilla will be the one dealing with the great majority of the enemies, just be careful of pesky fliers and units that may kill Paper Elise or Paper Azura. (In the case of Smurfette, make sure that she has at least 11 Speed or she will be doubled and killed by the fliers.)
On their first turn, they can deal with the two Onis on the western bridge and grab the western treasure.

6. Elise will actually do very little work here, since she would be exposed if she were close to her teammates.
Give her a Mend staff to gain some Experience, and probably use Freeze on some fliers, but she is mostly a spectator.

7. Azura is a catapult. She enables units to move fast from one zone to another.
Go to her, say hi and heal (let Elise heal you), listen to her boring tune and keep moving to the zone that needs you.

8. Nyx or an untrained Odin should be hitting the western Onis with the Anti-Matter Cannon, since they have nothing else to do.

Wyvern!Elise legit styles on Camilia in this map.

It's sorta hilarious.