What are your favorite shapeshifters in fiction and Fire Emblem?

XRay

Yeah, what are some of your favorite shapeshifters in general? Is it the Laguz (and which one), Transformers, Dittos, werewolves, etc.? And for Fire Emblem, what is the next Laguz you want to see?

My favorite shapeshifters in general are cat girls, fox girls, and succubi, cause they are hot. My favorite robot transformer would have to be the T-X from Terminator; another favorite would be the Dino Megazord from Power Rangers since it has a pretty sick looking Tank Mode, just too bad that the Rangers usually just skip the Tank Mode and go straight to the Battle Mode (humanoid robot mode). Between werewolves and vampires, I lean towards vampires in general since they look pretty badass and the vampire girls are hot, but I have to support Jacob if it was between Jacob and vampires. Got to support my cutie poo.

My favorite Laguz/Manakete would be Leanne, Tiki, and Panne. Leanne is cute and adorable, and Tiki and Panne are hot. My favorite Laguz/Manakete is obviously the cat girls, although I am not a huge fan of Lethe's personality, and I am still waiting for Lyre to get into Heroes so I can know more about her.

Oh, and does Loki count? Well, I created the topic anyways, so she counts for me. She hot too.

As for what kind of animal shapeshifter I want to see introduced next in Fire Emblem, I am not sure. We already have cat girls and fox girls, my two favorite animal waifus. Maybe snake girls could be next cause we do not have a lot of cold blooded animal representation. Mermaids would be cool too. Bat girls would be nice, and they can do a gothic themed Fire Emblem where wolf and bat Laguz are duking it out, and the protagonist manakete has to choose between their wolf waifu, bat waifu, or just choose both waifus, like a combination of Fates and Twilight with a hint of Romeo and Juliet.

I loved Transformers growing up! I had quite a few of them, with Bumblebee being the most reoccurring Transformer (he was also the very first one I got, so he has a special place in my heart). Unfortunately, I let a younger neighborhood friend play with quite a few of them, and a lot of my Transformers have since become lost, dismantled beyond repair, and now owned by him (few of my Transformers were given back to me). I always took great care of my toys, so to see what happened to them was kind of heartbreaking. It's why I tend not to share my things with other people for fear of it being broken, getting dirty, lost, etc.

As for Fire Emblem, I would probably say Kana.

I don't have a perferred kind of shapeshifter. I just like a shapeshifter if they happen to be written well and have cool animal forms and all that. Like, I'm typically not a cat person, but I love Ranulf because he's just so cool and fun as a character. His cat form happens to be my favorite color too. Lethe is also cool.

Edited by Anacybele

Ryu (Breath of Fire 3) - Especially Breath of Fire 3. Is one of my favorites. It was so cool in an RPG to be able to transform into these cool Dragon Forms. (Also had one of the most interesting ways to Transform and a lot to test out). 

Linley Baruch (Coiling Dragon). One of the most broken Dragon shapeshifter I read about. Comes from a Xianxia novel (Coiling Dragon). 

Horo (Spice and Wolf). Just one of the best Light Novels.

Fire Emblem: I would say Nailah, from Design she is by far one of the best. Sadly I still have to play RD. And in PoR a lot has gone behind me, been a long time I played it.

What I would like for Shapeshifter..
(Bats are actually pretty nice, I would not say no to that). xD
How about Spiders, shapeshifting Spidergirls. They can poison and restrict Movement of enemies. I can already imagine a Support conversation of someone "falling prey". Also Insects would work, something like a Mantis would work. 

Edited by Stroud

1 hour ago, XRay said:

Bat girls would be nice, and they can do a gothic themed Fire Emblem where wolf and bat Laguz are duking it out, and the protagonist manakete has to choose between their wolf waifu, bat waifu, or just choose both waifus, like a combination of Fates and Twilight with a hint of Romeo and Juliet.

So basically the Emblemvania leak before 3H was a thing?

Laguz are my favorites in FE, I think I'm happy with the ones we have. I did come up with ideas for Fodlan shapeshifters before though.

Avarians: feathered wings in human form, can fly. Can learn eagle, owl, vulture, and raven forms. Most loyal to the Adrestian Empire. Weak against bows.

Felarians: cat ears and tails in human form. Can learn lion, tiger, cheetah, and lynx forms. Most loyal to the Holy Kingdom of Faerghus. Weak against magic.

Cervarians: deer ears and antlers (on males) in human form. Can learn deer, elk, moose, and antelope forms. Most loyal to the Leicester Alliance. Weak against anti cavalry weapons. Females kick instead of goring with the antlers they do not have.

You'd have to recruit these to your house via paralogues/sidequests and you will probably only get one of each. I'm thinking the gender you get depends on your Byleth. For the avarian this doesn't do much in terms of aesthetics, but male lions have manes, male deer have antlers, females do not, so it would be different for the felarian and cervarian. The gender of the shapeshifter is the opposite of your Byleth's.

Storywise, these shapeshifters began appearing when the three houses of Garreg Mach formed, since they are basically the house mascots. Yet they are illusive and keep mostly to themselves.

People basically said these weren't needed and wouldn't work well, but the idea is there anyway.

Edited by Dragoncat

13 minutes ago, Dragoncat said:

People basically said these weren't needed and wouldn't work well, but the idea is there anyway.

We just need more furry fans, so the game will put more Laguz into the main series besides manaketes.

Does Envy from FMA count? I guess he counts if you're counting Loki.

I really like kitsune, so any kitsune in any of the media I've consumed qualify, I guess. (Even though the only kitsune with shapeshifting abilities I can think of rn are Kaden, Selkie, that chick from Bravely Second, and Ninetales from Okami. I haven't finished Yo-Kai Watch so I'm not sure if there's a kitsune I can get in that game)

I think there's also a chick in Magia Record that can shapeshift, but she qualifies in the same way Loki and Envy do, and I'm only on chapter 3 in Magia Record.

I love shapeshifters as a whole in most forms of fiction especially Chinese web novels (there are a lot of really good fan translations out there).  Fox guys are fun I like them a lot, especially since they tend to be very loyal to their chosen partner.  I also really liked this one "spirit beast" who could turn in to a phoenix he was really cool.

As to FE my favorites are the wolves and ravens hands down, of the cats I like Lethe the best.  Dragons my favorite is Myrrh then Nils.

For Beasts I would like to see in the next game I would like to see turtles and phoenixes just to have more of the Asian myth animals represented.

For Fire Emblem, I'm pretty big on the Beast Laguz, Lethe's saved my skin a bunch of times in both PoR and RD. I don't mind the Manaketes but their appeal varies by game.

Outside of Fire Emblem, I always loved the Devil Trigger forms from the Devil May Cry games. The ones in 3 are easily among my favourites because they all look so darn cool! I can't speak in regards to 5 since I wanna play through it first and haven't got it (really hoping for a Switch release if possible but I'm doubtful it'll come). Dante's look in 4 is also cool if a bit too standard.

I also really like Super Saiyan 4 from the Dragon Ball franchise because it's freaking cool and looks like it exudes power. It's a great look.

Manaketes are some of my favorite things about Fire Emblem, but my favorites would have to be Tiki, Nowi and Myrrh. Aside from that, I've there's also Princess Luna from Goblin Powder, as she's an interesting spin on Vampries. Finally, Odo from Star Trek Deep Space Nine is easily one of my favorite Star Trek characters, and is wonderfully acted, even if his transformation effects are a bit hokey.

The T-1000.

Axl from Mega Man X.

6 hours ago, Purple Mage said:

Ben 10. Just, Ben 10.

Seriously, he was my childhood hero. Don't judge.

Ben 10 has pretty cool powers, though it's really more like all the powers.

Beast units in Fire Emblem are pretty lame though, honestly. Manaketes are fun on occasion but I would rather have, you know, weapons. I always feel like I'm sacrificing mechanical depth for a gimmick. That makes Xane the default best transforming unit despite him being one of the most gimmicky, because it doesn't deserve to be properly called shapeshifting unless you can imitate other people, and he can also imitate the ability to use weapons. Relevant.

Ryo-Ohki my dudes.  Seriously Ryo-Ohki.

Really, this thing goes from this:

To this:

LD-06.JPGAnd in another universe this:

Tenchi-in-Tokyo-Directory-Image-2-SMOL-3As a big Beast Wars fan from back in the day, my favorites on both sides consisted of Rattrap, Rhinox, Dinobot, Megatron (especially his dragon version), Waspinator, and Inferno.

I would argue that Digimon count as shapeshifters since they do go from one form to another.  My favorite individual ones include Agumon, Digitamamon, Tyranomon, SkullGreymon, Orgemon, WarGreymon and Omnimon.

Some additional choices for me include Pantalaimon/Pan from His Dark Materials, Genie from Aladdin, and SpongeBob SquarePants.

For Fire Emblem?  I guess I would have to pick Myrrh, Corrin, and Kana since they are all Manakete units and I get psyched to use these type of units in battle.

13 hours ago, Emperor_Siegfried said:

I would argue that Digimon count as shapeshifters since they do go from one form to another.  My favorite individual ones include Agumon, Digitamamon, Tyranomon, SkullGreymon, Orgemon, WarGreymon and Omnimon.

Probably Gatomon/Angewomon for me; a cute kitty cat that transform into a hot blonde waifu is like totally pandering to me. Sakuyamon is also good, especially her maid mode. There are also Ophanimon, Mastemon, Laylamon, Mervamon, Junomon, Venusmon, and other waifu Digimon that I like.