Super Nintendo FE Hacks on Android

I hope this is the right place to post this, I'm looking to probe the minds of those more familiar with this kind of thing. This is all on Android. 5 years ago give or take I emulated nearly all of the available SNES FE4 Binary hacks and some of the FE5 patches too. I just slapped them on my crappy phone pre-patched on PC and they worked like a charm on whatever dingy little SNES emu I was using (Super Retro 16 I think). More recently I've been playing some recently released GBA rom hacks but I'm basically done with those, and I wanted to play a binary FE4 hack like the old days. Thats when the issue arose; not a single SNES emulator on android including whats left of SR16 can find this patched FE4 rom in ANY directory. Ive tried Snes9x EX+ and Retroarch but to no avail. This is so vexing because my newer, more powerful phone appears to be incapable of something my economy phone from years ago didnt even bat an eye at; reading IPS patched SFC roms. Maybe I'm missing something? Has anyone here played a SNES/SFC Fire Emblem rom hack on their phone in the last couple years? If so what emulator did you use to do it? Any help at all would be appreciated, thanks 😁