Anniversary Feh Channel Now Live!

Anacybele

Other than the feh pass (bleh) most of the news was great

Really excited about the divine codes for fodder and also I saw that Celica...I see that merge. It’s gonna be bittersweet when you get combat manuals for units you haven’t pulled but want to build though.

Lowkey love the voting gauntlet for a Hero Rises...it’s so chaotic

So many free summons for anniversary! We might’ve lost one seasonal banner (and I actually do like the one free random seasonal) but we’re getting five more tickets thanks to CYL3

Honestly really disappointed by the Valentines banner. I love Celica but that art ain’t it and I hate that she’s reduced to being Alm’s cheerleader. Not even gonna pull for her outside of the free pull, and I’m saying that as someone that pulled for all of her alts and would have an all Celica defense team if I ever decided on a C skill for Fallen Celica. 

I’m really glad Silque’s free though because she’s the only one I’m interested in and 4* focus units are a great change

• Replies 356
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The compiling manuals feature is absolutely wonderful. Assuming the two paths they showed will actually become reality, I will treasure my Kliff manual for ever and ever...or until the day I fodder it for Fort. Def/Res. Whichever comes first.

Free stuff for the anniversary is nice, but I’m not so sure about choosing the “A Hero Rises” unit based on a Voting Gauntlet of the top 8. No idea who I’ll vote for. I usually try to pick the one unit that I consider a “must-have” at that time...but nobody’s really coming to mind.

Feh Pass, eh, I’m apathetic towards it. As previously mentioned, I’m curious to know what would happen to the 2 extra summoner supports if one were to unsubscribe...though I’m not curious enough to try it (edit: someone answered my question). There’s maybe one unit that I might be interested in having a Resplendent variant of.

Edited by LordFrigid

3 minutes ago, Etheus said:

FEH is already an expensive game if you want to be competitive. But it isn't the price. It's the principle. Multi summoner support, multi-queue, and turn resets should all be free game improvements.

I am inclined to agree that QoL improvements should be free, yeah. Can't argue with that.

7 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

For everyone that says FEH Pass should be $5, I'm genuinely curious and have a question:

Are you accounting for the fact that the FEH Pass appears to already include $5 worth of orbs per month in it?

EDIT: Also, would you buy it if FEH Pass were dropped to $5/month, but no longer included orbs in the bonus quests?

No. The problem isn't the price relative to the amount of orbs received, but the fact that general conveniences are locked behind it. It should be free, full stop. The orbs only really cushion the blow. In fact, best case scenario is that if it was $5 then the only thing you'd get for the subscription would be the quests and maybe the Summoner Support perk. 

For me? If you were going to charge at all, a solid $15-30 for a one time purchase would have been alright. Even if you wanted to be a little scummy and say $50-60 for the subscription that would have been fair. Instead of $120 a year (which is effectively the price here) you'd be paying half that for this year and every year thereafter.

That would have been the way to make people pay, not this. This is not the way.

Yeah... aside of the Feh pass, it was good.

It's just the Feh pass DID leave a bad taste in everyone's mouth.

I can understand improved gen 1 (IS always fix problems with new heroes/skills) and new quests. But payable QoL changes is just a kick in the balls.

1 minute ago, Shimmerfang said:

Considering for the fact that QOL improvements are locked behind the paywall, I would argue that any charge for them is outrageous. The pack should have just been the orbs + Resplendent Heroes in a subscription, or like, something else? I don't think it is unreasonable to shame a company (gacha at that) for shady practices; I'm not too concerned for them. 

Yeah, this is my thinking. I don't mind the Resplendent Heroes much so far, but the QOL stuff should be free. Maybe if enough people complain, they'll pull it out of the pass and make it available for everyone? Maybe that's their plan to make the rest of the pass look more reasonable.

2 minutes ago, Silver Lightning said:

Is there any stand out unit, both for performance and fodder that would be good to rally? Also I forget how AHR works, is it consecutive daily voting or just one vote?

Consecutive daily, like CYL.

I think I'll vote for Bride Fjorm. That staff of hers makes her one of my most wanted missing units, and probably the one with the best shot at winning.

1 minute ago, Nym said:

I disagree.

+2 to all stats will benefit Cordelia because she's a 3/4 star hero which means she's easily to merge. What's more, she was always was a good unit and now she has a refine that benefit her strong offensive playstyle. Even in a saturated pool, she stands out.

But Lyn will need more than two more in each stats to compete with the different red swords infantry that are more easy to merge and have better refine weapons. Yours will be okay if it's +10 already, but anyone with base Lyn isn't good to see much of a difference.

Stats don't mean everything.

Yeah, this is way more significant for Cordelia than for Lyn. Hopefully the Resplendent Heroes don't get much more significant than Cordelia... who am I kidding, they probably will.

At least we know what the next New Heroes banner will be based upon. Lysithea will definitely be on it! Will it be Golden Deer themed then? They did the same with Tibarn when they teased him last year.

I am also a bit sad that we cannot turn combat manuals into Heroes. I would love to get a Kliff manual and turn him into the real thing!

Anyway, I have a feeling Winter Sothis is gonna win A Hero Rises, and I am glad. I don't have her yet, but I know she is stupid OP. I personally would love a L Alm, but I highly doubt a male unit will win this go-round. I don't foresee H Hector or Duo Ephraim rounding up as much support as Altina, Sothis, L Azura... 

1 minute ago, LordFrigid said:

I’m curious to know what would happen to the 2 extra summoner supports if one were to unsubscribe...

You will lose Summoner Support for the slot 2 and 3, only keeping the slot 1.

And @Ice Dragon, thanks to your explanation, I understood that the Feh Pass has a "Fair" price.

Oh, speaking of A Hero Rises, I voted for Hrid since RD Ike already won last time and I want to merge handsome ice prince more.

Though I don't really expect him to win. I just hope whoever does isn't someone I dislike and is someone I don't have.

11 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

For everyone that says FEH Pass should be $5, I'm genuinely curious and have a question:

Are you accounting for the fact that the FEH Pass appears to already include $5 worth of orbs per month in it?

EDIT: Also, would you buy it if FEH Pass were dropped to $5/month, but no longer included orbs in the bonus quests?

@Zeo @Jingle Jangle @Silver Lightning @Gordin @DefyingFates

Was it $5 worth? I'm not sure it would be as worth it to me if I wasn't playing regulary and missed the quests; FEH is kinda something I log in during certain periods for, but don't always play daily and quests are something i honestly dont think too much about when I am (unless its VG season).

Hence, yeah I probably would get it if it dropped without the quests. Or maybe at least on the months I wanted certain units or an extra perk to help with a mode.

2 minutes ago, kirauza343 said:

estly really disappointed by the Valentines banner. I love Celica but that art ain’t it and I hate that she’s reduced to being Alm’s cheerleader. Not even gonna pull for her outside of the free pull, and I’m saying that as someone that pulled for all of her alts and would have an all Celica defense team if I ever decided on a C skill for Fallen Celica. 

I’m really glad Silque’s free though because she’s the only one I’m interested in and 4* focus units are a great change

I'm really happy to be getting a duo unit of her and alm (first one I'm actually excited for, i usually hate duo units), but I agree that it may have been better to have her as the lead unit. Unless it was because she has too many alts compared to Alm, but I don't remember the current count.

1 minute ago, SockPuppet said:

At least we know what the next New Heroes banner will be based upon. Lysithea will definitely be on it! Will it be Golden Deer themed then? They did the same with Tibarn when they teased him last year.

I am also a bit sad that we cannot turn combat manuals into Heroes. I would love to get a Kliff manual and turn him into the real thing!

Anyway, I have a feeling Winter Sothis is gonna win A Hero Rises, and I am glad. I don't have her yet, but I know she is stupid OP. I personally would love a L Alm, but I highly doubt a male unit will win this go-round. I don't foresee H Hector or Duo Ephraim rounding up as much support as Altina, Sothis, L Azura... 

I'm guessing it's Golden Deer, but I hope it's not haha. I so want Catherine to be in the next banner. I mean, she made it into the top 150 in the CYL...

Just now, Silver Lightning said:

I'm really happy to be getting a duo unit of her and alm (first one I'm actually excited for, i usually hate duo units), but I agree that it may have been better to have her as the lead unit. Unless it was because she has too many alts compared to Alm, but I don't remember the current count.

There's 4 Celica for 3 Alm but now 4 with Valentine Alm.

Just wanted to comment saying I called the fact that the contention from this video came from the Feh Pass.

Thankfully, I decided that I already have too many things going on right now to come back to FEH.

Someone ping me if Resplendent Adult Tiki comes out, though. I need her art.

I'm impressed, they actually managed to one-up last year. Imagine using your game's anniversary celebration to introduce more premium monetization. "Happy anniversary, now start paying us monthly for exclusive units, 3 summoner supports to roll over AR with and more."

Best things were 4* seasonals, the codes giving old seasonals books and Cordelia getting new art, but she's stuck behind the subscription which sucks. The pass really drags it down to the ground overall, though. As if the heightened powercreep and big push for mythics/legendaries for all the scoring modes wasn't enough the past year, the game's direction keeps getting more greedy.

3 minutes ago, Dylan Corona said:

I'm guessing it's Golden Deer, but I hope it's not haha. I so want Catherine to be in the next banner. I mean, she made it into the top 150 in the CYL...

I wouldn't get your hopes up. A lot of other TH characters not in the game yet are way above her if CYL is anything to go by. I've said I'm not even expecting Sylvain because even though he stayed in the top ten guys and top 20 overall, he's still beaten by two other guys from his own house as well as a few TH females. IS would surely be more inclined to add them first.

I only hold onto a tiny hope because IS HAS included less popular characters over more popular ones from the same game before. I just feel the chances of this happening here are lower.

Edited by Anacybele

1 minute ago, Azure, Roundabouted Out said:

Just wanted to comment saying I called the fact that the contention from this video came from the Feh Pass.

Thankfully, I decided that I already have too many things going on right now to come back to FEH.

Someone ping me if Resplendent Adult Tiki comes out, though. I need her art.

I got you.

7 minutes ago, Nym said:

I disagree.

+2 to all stats will benefit Cordelia because she's a 3/4 star hero which means she's easily to merge. What's more, she was always was a good unit and now she has a refine that benefit her strong offensive playstyle. Even in a saturated pool, she stands out.

But Lyn will need more than two more in each stats to compete with the different red swords infantry that are more easy to merge and have better refine weapons than her. Yours will be okay if she is +10 already, but anyone with just a unmerged Lyn isn't good to see much of a difference.

Stats don't mean everything.

Now I want you to look at Soleil. A perfectly strong unit that's overshadowed by modern swordies. Her problem? Lack of Prf or strong inherent skills. Because of that she's inferior to a lot of swordies despite being respectable herself, but give her a Slaying Edge and a premium kit and suddenly she's performing at 80% of those shiny new unit's max potential. Lyn's prf is outdated, improve that and you could completely change the dynamic of the character. The 2nd biggest edge that new units have is the powerful skills and prfs they come with. a 39 SPD Lyn with Close Call 3 is a genuine threat. It's hard to merge her, that's her problem like you said, but remedy that (hopefully in April) and she'd be genuinely viable.

Stats don't mean everything, but they're literally half of the reason why older units are outdated. Resplendent Lyn boosting stats is one thing. But what happens when she gets Sol Katti with a Slaying + Wo Dao + Holsety effect? Suddenly she's a tier 1 threat.

1 minute ago, Diovani Bressan said:

@Anacybele remember that banners are created 3-4 months prior it's release, so then next 3H banner was made without the CYL results.

That is a fair point, yeah. Well, I'm always hoping Sylvain gets in some way regardless. lol Popular or not, he's still my most desired character that's not yet in the game.

Ugh, so ...

Which characters were we trying to pick for this year's A Hero Rises? Duo Hero? Legendary? Mythic? Do I just say fuck it and pick someone I want even if they have no shot? Someone give me an idea here.