Anniversary Feh Channel Now Live!

Anacybele

Okay, so...pros, cons, and neutral opinions I have in what I saw.

Spoiler

Pros:
1 - Fehnix's voice actor is SO much more enjoyable to listen to than Feh's is. But I do think Feh teaching Xander how to swim is honestly mind-boggling.
2 - Seeing 3H dominate CYL this year made me feel warm.
3 - The 3rd Anniversary rewards and events are just as welcome as every Anniversary has been.
4 - Getting yet another banner to summon Brave!Lucina on means I'm that much more likely to finally +10 mine. The fact we're getting 5 summoning tickets for each banner is just icing on the cake.
5 - The guaranteed 5* summon banner has Duo!Hector on it. This is total bait, but I think it's a bait a lot of people will fall for...myself included.
6 - This year's 'A Hero Rises' event and its following Voting Gauntlet are more than welcome. I'm voting Brave!Lucina all the way, like always.
7 - The Valentines heroes this year, especially Duo!Alm-Celica and Rudolf, are units I'm hyped for. I'm also happy that the former comes with Bonus Doubler and Lull Atk/Spd. Also, Silque as a Tempest Unit is awesome.
8 - I'm happy that the Resplendent Heroes aren't just costumed versions of units already in the game. Plus, I've been trying to get Default!Lyn ever since she was released...getting one guaranteed and in beautiful garb, AND is more powerful than the original? That's like a dream come true. I also do like Cordelia's costume, but...I never really liked her in FEH so I'm not going to say much on her.
8.5 - Since Resplendent Heroes are just better versions of other units, I'd think it's fair to say that we'll be able to merge their less powerful versions onto them. Getting easy merges on better units is something to look forward to.
9 - More Summoner Supports at the same time means better quality builds. I no longer have to be forced to choose to have only the main offensive unit on the team as my Summoner Support unit.
10 - Getting combat manuals was expected, but no less awesome. That Kliff with his Fort. Def/Res 3 is one of the combat manual units on here is even better (even if he's the last on his list).

Spoiler

Cons:
1 - I'm not sure how to feel about Conrad becoming a 4* unit on his focus banner. I just hope that getting him as a 4* unit doesn't count as getting pitybroken, or I'm not even going to try summoning for him and any others in his place. The charm of getting a focus kind of gets muddled when you're forced to spend 20k feathers when you don't have to...and merging 4*s onto 5*s doesn't actually count as a real merge...
2 - The fact FEH is starting a subscription system leaves a bad taste in my mouth. While I don't think it'll be the end of the game as a whole, I can't help but fear that the game is starting to gravitate in a direction similar to KHUx. And anyone who plays that game knows how that's turning out...
3 - I'm hating that they're essentially forcing players to buy their FEH Pass earlier in each month. Quests are a totally different thing, but having the Resplendent Heroes separately gifted and on their own time limits separate from the month is a bit dumb. And if you happen to buy the Pass in such a way that you don't leave yourself many days to get a certain Resplendent Hero, and you just so happen to not log in those days like many people are doing these days, then you'll miss your chance on getting that Hero until you cough up another $10.
4 - Re-Act is completely fucking useless. It has its place in the main games because each battle in those games is time-consuming. In FEH, though, it's just another excuse to not care about how you play.
5 - $10 a month means $120 a year. Many people can afford that, but many people don't want to have to spend that kind of money when they don't have to. People have their own priorities, and those priorities don't necessarily revolve around FEH.

Spoiler

Neutral:
1 - Auto-Start doesn't mean anything to me, but I'm happy for the people that will use it.

Edited by MilodicMellodi

• Replies 356
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, Etrurian emperor said:

Oooh! Alm and Celice are looking so cute together!

But OOF! A valentines banner without Mae and Boey sounds like its very much missing the point.

Eh, getting those two to work together without bickering might be too tall an order. 😄

Resplendent Heroes? More like Re-spend-ent!

Since it looks like there'll be one 5* and one 3-4* hero a month, you're essentially paying $10 to get a hero, a bunch of orbs etc., and fairly useless QoL junk (seriously, none of them are any good). Not a bad deal if it's somebody you want to merge up. At this rate, they'll only feature outdated heroes so the stat boost doesn't seem like anything to worry about.

The way I read the changed rates, it's still the same chance of getting a 5* focus, and you get an extra 3% chance of getting the demote at 4*. It's better if you want any of the heroes, the same if you're sniping for a non-demote. As long as they're not cutting the instant demotes, it's a net gain.

So Divine Codes are a defacto skill/merge shop with limited selection, and you may need to buy some manuals you don't want before you can reach the ones you do. It could be better, but it could be worse, too.

13 minutes ago, Etrurian emperor said:

Oooh! Alm and Celice are looking so cute together!

But Celica only tagging along as a duo hero is a disappointment. The other cases had reasons for why one character was the fighter. The best case being Hector and Lilina but in this case, there's really no reason other than Alm favoritism. Also, the current lost lore basically summarizes SoV's story without even talking about Celica, except for one time, so it goes to show that she was overshadowed by Alm there too. 

Did anyone else expect the Divine Codes to be used to get more Resplendent Heroes without spending money in the window of time between those two segments?

7 minutes ago, Icelerate said:

But Celica only tagging along as a duo hero is a disappointment. The other cases had reasons for why one character was the fighter. The best case being Hector and Lilina but in this case, there's really no reason other than Alm favoritism. Also, the current lost lore basically summarizes SoV's story without even talking about Celica, except for one time, so it goes to show that she was overshadowed by Alm there too. 

Well...like it or not, he IS the main protagonist. Celica is important too but it's mostly Alm's story to begin with.

10 minutes ago, Icelerate said:

Its probably because Alm is depicted as more of a fighter than Celica is. He definitely overshadows Celica to some degree but when it comes to crushing dastards it does seem the more logical route. 

2 minutes ago, Etrurian emperor said:

Its probably because Alm is depicted as more of a fighter than Celica is. He definitely overshadows Celica to some degree but when it comes to crushing dastards it does seem the more logical route. 

What about Alfonse being the lead instead of Sharena? 

1 minute ago, Icelerate said:

What about Alfonse being the lead instead of Sharena? 

Its probably the same principle. As the big brother he's likely the better fighter and gets to um...swing their Beyblade around. That and these days Heroes seems to be saying that Alfonse is the main character rather than him sharing that position with Sharena.  

We get some nice stuff.

As for Feh Pass, I will still buy it if they made the quality of life changes and 3 S Supports available for free. 2 free Heroes, Orbs, and other resources are easily worth $10 in my opinion.

On 1/31/2020 at 7:31 PM, NegativeExponents- said:

Skill shop or bust. Literally would consider it a perfect feh channel even if that was the only thing that was announced.

I take this back. I didn't expect to be monkey pawed so badly.

The "skill shop" locking you on to a path were you have to craft hero manuals you might not want before you get the one you do want sounds super tedious but besides that it seemed like a one and done deal. Is it? Gosh I hope not because in that case it's absolute crap if you can't repurchase manuals.

And the feh pass is a new low. In particular those resplendent heroes. I'd be fine if it was just some costumes but locking stat increases behind them (even pretty shitty one's that still don't fix the character) is unforgivable.

I can't believe I decided to ignore DL for this. Got too caught up in the CYL and anniversary hype but this channel now reminds me why I left.

The monthly subscription is .... well why? I mean its not alot of money and i'll get it myself, but seriously if you offer a monthly subscription you should incorporate some form of Online Co-op play and other benefits other than what we saw. PS Now is 10 bucks a months and offers a plethora of games to play.

Also the use of divine codes leaves a bad taste. Combat Manuals are good, but forcing you down a path is bad.

New banner meh

Celebration goodies: nice

God this FEH channel just offered nothing and left a bad taste:
- No "Skill Shop"
- No Abyssal Maps for the existing GHB rotation (Arvis Valter etc)
- No new GHB rotation!
-No Fire Emblem Heroes Maker (ala Mario Maker) to create yourself some GHB's to share
Stop being lazy IS! Everything aside the Celebration goodies is garbage and left a bad taste.

I liked everything aside from the pass. Locking some QoL improvements like auto battle behind a pay wall left a bad taste in my mouth. 

About these new heroes. I will perhaps buy when Julia, Fae or Nowi come as such. 

However, if the month is over and the distribution is done how can we get them? Or we can't get them otherwise?

2 minutes ago, SuperNova125 said:

However, if the month is over and the distribution is done how can we get them? Or we can't get them otherwise?

If you have Feh Pass active, you will be able to purchase previously released Resplendent Heroes that you missed.

21 minutes ago, Hilda said:

The monthly subscription is .... well why? I mean its not alot of money and i'll get it myself, but seriously if you offer a monthly subscription you should incorporate some form of Online Co-op play and other benefits other than what we saw. PS Now is 10 bucks a months and offers a plethora of games to play.

Yeah, Feh Pass can use some improvement, as I am mostly buying it for the resources. Expanded Summoner Support, Re-Act, and Auto-Start, should all be free in my opinion, and I would argue that the stat boost for old units from Resplendent Heroes should be free too. I am fine with having the Resplendent Hero units themselves and cosmetics being paid content, but the stat boost being paid content to rub it in skin of the free players is just unnecessary in my opinion.

Do we know if we'll get a banner to go along with the Voting Gauntlet? They did mention something about not worrying about not having the unit, so I suppose that more or less confirms we won't get any banners. Perhaps they would simply be too good.

26 minutes ago, Etrurian emperor said:

Will Lysithea be coming on the (non seasonal) new banner? Her ingame model was teased in a similar manner that Tibarn was. 

When did this happen? I feel like I missed all the details. 

30 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

They used the word "purchase", so I assume with real money.

Thanks for the clarification.