Anniversary Feh Channel Now Live!

Anacybele

1 minute ago, SuperNova125 said:

When did this happen? I feel like I missed all the details. 

Thanks for the clarification. 

Lysithea's sprite appears on-screen for a few seconds right before the illustrations start. There's no commentary, she just wanders on-screen as Fehnix leaves, then leaves as well.

• Replies 356
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Dylan Corona said:

I can't remember, did it say when we can start buying the pass? I'm assuming the 5th, but I don't want to miss it haha. Thanks!

As soon as maintenance is over on the 5th.

27 minutes ago, Etrurian emperor said:

Will Lysithea be coming on the (non seasonal) new banner? Her ingame model was teased in a similar manner that Tibarn was. 

There's no information about it other than the tease, so all we can do is guess. But it's pretty likely she'll be on February's second banner.

25 minutes ago, Thane said:

Do we know if we'll get a banner to go along with the Voting Gauntlet? They did mention something about not worrying about not having the unit, so I suppose that more or less confirms we won't get any banners. Perhaps they would simply be too good.

It seems likely that there won't be a banner and that there either won't be a penalty for leading with the wrong character or that there will be some other mechanic (rental characters like Hall of Forms maybe?) that will let players use the character even if they don't have them.

Just now, SuperNova125 said:

When did this happen? I feel like I missed all the details. 

2 minutes ago, Othin said:

Lysithea's sprite appears on-screen for a few seconds right before the illustrations start. There's no commentary, she just wanders on-screen as Fehnix leaves, then leaves as well.

The Japanese video instead has a segment at the very end after the scrolling illustrations with Claude, Hilda, and Lysithea in it.

5 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

As soon as maintenance is over on the 5th.

There's no information about it other than the tease, so all we can do is guess. But it's pretty likely she'll be on February's second banner.

It seems likely that there won't be a banner and that there either won't be a penalty for leading with the wrong character or that there will be some other mechanic (rental characters like Hall of Forms maybe?) that will let players use the character even if they don't have them.

The Japanese video instead has a segment at the very end after the scrolling illustrations with Claude, Hilda, and Lysithea in it.

Interesting. Could be evidence for specifically a Golden Deer banner.

6 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

For everyone that says FEH Pass should be $5, I'm genuinely curious and have a question:

Are you accounting for the fact that the FEH Pass appears to already include $5 worth of orbs per month in it?

EDIT: Also, would you buy it if FEH Pass were dropped to $5/month, but no longer included orbs in the bonus quests?

@Zeo @Jingle Jangle @Silver Lightning @Gordin @DefyingFates

I hate digital subscription services on principle because of how fleeting they are and am a fervent believer that all QoL updates should be free (it's why I hate BotW's Season Pass but appreciate 3H separating their updates into free & paid segments). If it were up to me, FEH Pass would just come with new Quests (because those are also temporary by design) and 2 new Heroes*. Everything else would be free. I didn't realise this is priced the same as an existing Orb pack, but make it $5/month and even I would think it was good value. I also consider the +2 Summoner Supports to be a QoL update by the way. Besides, that's exactly the type of update we'd have gotten before.

* The Resplendent Heroes would be added to the Summoning Pool at the same time (a la the NY!Lethe/ Selkie packs). Preferably they would be added to an upcoming banner (a la "Peony and More") but worst case scenario they could just be injected directly into the Pool instead. In fact:

5 hours ago, Sire said:

In an alternative reality where I was in charge of FEH Pass, I would...

1. Resplendent Heroes - Subscribers get access to all Resplendent skins, as long as they remain subscribed. // There are no stat boosts here whatsoever.
2. FEH Pass Quests - Subscribers get access to exclusive quests that grant additional materials. // As normal players can already obtain these materials, it is fine for a paying player to get them at a faster rate.
3. Increased SP Gain & Hero Merit - Subscribers gain SP and Hero Merits at a faster rate. // As the cap remains the same for normal and subscribers, all that happens is that subs get to the cap faster.

The rest of the features would be given out for free as a regular update.

This would be an acceptable version of FEH Pass: I still wouldn't buy it, but it's just a bunch of cosmetics and shortcuts so I don't feel like I'm being cheated out of anything either.

4 hours ago, Icelerate said:

Also, the current lost lore basically summarizes SoV's story without even talking about Celica, except for one time, so it goes to show that she was overshadowed by Alm there too

As others have said, that's pretty much what happens in SoV too so I'm not surprised Alm is the lead unit. I get what you mean though - I would much rather this unit be "Alm + Celica" instead of just "Alm". Heck, they even wield their weapon together!

3 hours ago, Johann said:

Did anyone else expect the Divine Codes to be used to get more Resplendent Heroes without spending money in the window of time between those two segments?

Yep, I did xD I'm glad they weren't, but it's not like what we got was the picture of generosity either.

3 hours ago, Johann said:

Now this is something to be happy about! Ideally Grails would be easier to get naturally, but I don't want to be completely negative here.

1 hour ago, Thane said:

Do we know if we'll get a banner to go along with the Voting Gauntlet? They did mention something about not worrying about not having the unit, so I suppose that more or less confirms we won't get any banners. Perhaps they would simply be too good.

In game notifications say that there will simply be no bonuses if you already have the Hero. I know "no bonus" is effectively the same as "everyone gets a bonus", but how the notification words it is still quite jarring. Not at all how Fehnix put it...

Okay, a lot to be excited about! The Valentine's banner is sooo cute! I love it! And I kind of feel like I need that Alm duo hero since I have all the other Duo heroes and since they'll complete the color set. (Alfonse+ Sharena is blue, just like Ephraim and Lyon. Marth and his sister are colorless, and Hector and Lilina are red. So, Alm and Celica being green round it out for color balance! Plus, I really like their design.) And I recognized Berkut's dagger right away, and the other I ID's pretty fast, too! Berkut carries a dagger just like that on his belt all the time, and Alm's matches his blue-green-gold color scheme! It's so cute, Rudolf thinking about his boys (the use of "boys" here is intentional, as Rudolf basically raised Berkut. I did not say "sons.")! And just everyone else is so nice! ^_^

Of course, all the special stuff is fun, too! Easy orbs, plenty of summoning opportunities, and even lots of chances for nice, free units! Also, using the voting gauntlet in a way that makes sense! Why not use the popularity battles to determine what sort of unit the fans want? It's a really smart use of things already in place! And of course, the 4* seasonals! I'm so excited for this going forward!

And I haven't even touched upon Fehnix! He's so cute and he looks so fluffy! It's interesting how he seems to like using male heroes in his game, too, since all the ones he listed being excited to summon were guys. His speech pattern reminds me of Hanneman, too. His mustache also lends itself to the comparison, hahah! They're very different, too, though. But he sounds like a good boss! Also, funny how their company's acrostic spells "SOAR." X3 I'm sure that was intentional!

Now, onto what I was kind of...unhappy about. Usually, I'm pretty happy with whatever IS comes out with, but... Well, as nice as all the updates were, some of them are only for subscribers. I can live without a lot of them, but I'm worried about those resplendent heroes. I like them and I think they're cool, but you have to pay for them and about $10 a month is crazy for a cellphone gacha game like this. Maybe if it was $2 a month, but...I mean, I may wind up losing my f2p status at long last if a unit I really, really want comes up since there won't be any other way to get them. If they had the unit available through effort and time, and then had an "easy way out" attached to the subscription, that would be one thing, but they're completely barred off... Someone here also asked if they'd be available after your subscription ends. I'd imagine so, but I guess that's an uncertainty, too. Maybe you could just pay for 1 month when your favorite unit gets announced, but that's a lot of money for something with no resale value. So much for "collect them all..." And if you miss the date you have to subscribe by to get a hero, do you miss out? Will that resplendent hero never be available again? 😞

9 minutes ago, Mercakete said:

And if you miss the date you have to subscribe by to get a hero, do you miss out? Will that resplendent hero never be available again? 😞

If you have Feh Passe, you can get all past Resplendent Heroes by paying for them if you missed any. They said it in the video.

Edited by XRay

21 minutes ago, XRay said:

If you have Feh Passe, you can get all past Resplendent Heroes by paying for them if you missed any. They said it in the video.

Oh good! At least there's a failsafe. I didn't catch that. Thanks for pointing it out!

5 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

Means nothing. Claude and Hilda are already in the game. And why would they get alts now when there are plenty of TH characters not yet in the game? Even Golden Deer ones that aren't yet in the game? If it's Golden Deer only, it should be Raphael, Ignatz, Marianne, and Lysithea. Sorry to Leonie and Lorenz fans, but I like the merchant family boys and Marianne. xP

If it's mixed, I'd like: Sylvain, Seteth, Dorothea, and Lysithea. One from each house + church!

Edited by Anacybele

8 hours ago, Etrurian emperor said:

Oooh! Alm and Celice are looking so cute together!

But OOF! A valentines banner without Mae and Boey sounds like its very much missing the point.

And Gray and Clair and Zeke and Tatiana, that's also a crime! XP

Well, I sent feedback suggesting a way for nonsubscribers to get resplendent heroes. 🙂 There would be quests which give you an item you can use on a hero to turn him or her into a resplendent hero. This way, you'd need to do the quest to get the item, AND you'd need the base hero already in your barracks. Then, you could use the item on the hero to transform him or her. This gives the unsubscribed player more work to do, making a subscription still appealing since the subscribed player would just get the resplendent hero as a gift. However, it makes it so that no one is excluded from the resplendent heroes. It would just take a bit more effort and luck!

25 minutes ago, Mercakete said:

Well, I sent feedback suggesting a way for nonsubscribers to get resplendent heroes. 🙂 There would be quests which give you an item you can use on a hero to turn him or her into a resplendent hero. This way, you'd need to do the quest to get the item, AND you'd need the base hero already in your barracks. Then, you could use the item on the hero to transform him or her. This gives the unsubscribed player more work to do, making a subscription still appealing since the subscribed player would just get the resplendent hero as a gift. However, it makes it so that no one is excluded from the resplendent heroes. It would just take a bit more effort and luck!

Not a good idea. I don't have a regular Lyn and I don't like her. So if I ended up getting her resplendent hero item, it's useless to me. I'd rather do quests for something I will use. You could just say "then don't do the quests" but sometimes you end up completing them without trying anyway.

Edited by Anacybele

50 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Not a good idea. I don't have a regular Lyn and I don't like her. So if I ended up getting her resplendent hero item, it's useless to me. I'd rather do quests for something I will use. You could just say "then don't do the quests" but sometimes you end up completing them without trying anyway.

Or you’d hold onto the item until a Resplendent Ike would arrive and then use the item. 

It wasn’t specified by mercakete that this theoretical item would be unit locked.

5 minutes ago, Vicious Sal said:

Or you’d hold onto the item until a Resplendent Ike would arrive and then use the item. 

It wasn’t specified by mercakete that this theoretical item would be unit locked.

True, yeah. If the item isn't locked to one unit, that'd be fine.

1 hour ago, Anacybele said:

Means nothing. Claude and Hilda are already in the game. And why would they get alts now when there are plenty of TH characters not yet in the game? Even Golden Deer ones that aren't yet in the game? If it's Golden Deer only, it should be Raphael, Ignatz, Marianne, and Lysithea. Sorry to Leonie and Lorenz fans, but I like the merchant family boys and Marianne. xP

If it's mixed, I'd like: Sylvain, Seteth, Dorothea, and Lysithea. One from each house + church!

I don't think anyone was suggesting that Claude and Hilda were getting alts anywhere in that statement

5 minutes ago, Solaris998 said:

I don't think anyone was suggesting that Claude and Hilda were getting alts anywhere in that statement

It sounded like it to me, but if that wasn't the intention, my mistake.

Damn, that Valentin's banner is awesome. Rudolf is hilarious, I want him. Alm & Celica are cute but I could do without Faye's typical obsession. Love it.

Some thinking about future Resplendent Heroes:

Of the launch units, there are 12 5* exclusives: Azura, Elise, Hector, Hinoka, Leo, Linde, Lucina, Lyn, Minerva, Ryoma, Takumi, and Tiki. All of them seem viable as Resplendent Heroes to me - 10 of them are high profile characters that already have multiple alts, and the other two, Linde and Minerva, are both plenty popular characters in their own right. So if they want to keep doing one 5* exclusive and one 3-4* unit each month, those could be enough to last a full year.

After that, there's 23 more non-seasonal 5* exclusives released between launch and the CYL1 banner: Ephraim, Julia, Eldigan, Olwen, Sanaki, Jaffar, Karel, Ninian, Alm, Faye, Ike, Mist, Celica, Genny, Katarina, Luke, Delthea, Gray, Saber, Sonya, Amelia, Innes, and Tana. Some of those seem very unlikely to get Resplendent versions (particularly Luke), but most of them are probably viable, and 15 of the 23 already have at least one alt. So if they're thorough (and I hope they are), then if the current rarity ratio continues (which tbf we have no evidence whatsoever of), it could easily take 2+ years before we start getting Resplendent Heroes from past CYL1.

I don't think they'd make Resplendent versions of CYL units since they already have special outfits, so moving past CYL1, there's another 8 5* exclusives from the remainder of Book 1: Elincia, Nephenee, Dierdre, Sigurd, Ayra, Dorcas, Lute, and Mia. This is getting messier, since it's moving out of the Gen 1 stats that help keep the all-around +2 stat boost from getting out of hand, but if they do start doing Gen 2 units, I'd say all 8 of those units could qualify.

There's also a whole lot of low-rarity units available from Book 1, and potentially even GHB/TT units if they decide to go for those. So hopefully they take things slow.

12 hours ago, Sentinel07 said:

Eh, getting those two to work together without bickering might be too tall an order. 😄

Hmmm. . .

Whenever they start a turn, the background music fades out and they start arguing.  Each argument is about 90 seconds long, and the subject of the argument is one of, oh, eight things or so.  😛

11 hours ago, Hilda said:

-No Fire Emblem Heroes Maker (ala Mario Maker) to create yourself some GHB's to share

My phone's low on space, so having something like this may be what causes me to drop FEH entirely (when I don't want to).

10 hours ago, XRay said:

Yeah, Feh Pass can use some improvement, as I am mostly buying it for the resources. Expanded Summoner Support, Re-Act, and Auto-Start, should all be free in my opinion, and I would argue that the stat boost for old units from Resplendent Heroes should be free too. I am fine with having the Resplendent Hero units themselves and cosmetics being paid content, but the stat boost being paid content to rub it in skin of the free players is just unnecessary in my opinion.

Bingo.  It's why I'll continue to buy stuff in the one game that gets this right (the only thing that's locked behind a paywall is cosmetic only).  It's also why I'm gong to ignore FEH subscription, and continue to be F2P.

11 minutes ago, eclipse said:

Hmmm. . .

Whenever they start a turn, the background music fades out and they start arguing.  Each argument is about 90 seconds long, and the subject of the argument is one of, oh, eight things or so.  😛

Eh, I'd still pull for them 😛

12 minutes ago, eclipse said:

Bingo.  It's why I'll continue to buy stuff in the one game that gets this right (the only thing that's locked behind a paywall is cosmetic only).  It's also why I'm gong to ignore FEH subscription, and continue to be F2P.

Exactly! Just...are IS/ Nintendo really that starved for money by their most successful mobile game?

9 minutes ago, DefyingFates said:

Eh, I'd still pull for them 😛

Exactly! Just...are IS/ Nintendo really that starved for money by their most successful mobile game?

If I remember it right FEH is actually not doing as well as it was before, it has lost a lot of players especially in Japan.

Well I left my feedback and changed my summoner name to "KillFEHPass".

Not expecting much to happen (and certainly not before it launches this week), but we have forced them to change things before in the past (Ayragate) and its already getting a massive amount of downvotes on the trailer + apparently trending for at least a little while on Twitter in Japan for the wrong reasons. Could be enough pressure eventually that they modify things/cancel the pass and give out everything to everyone. 

Really needs to be a lot of pressure though combined with horrible sales on the pass. 

9 minutes ago, DefyingFates said:

It seems to be a trend. . .and given how often it's cropping up, it looks like it's a successful one.

Just now, Water Mage said:

If I remember it right FEH is actually not doing as well as it was before, it has lost a lot of players especially in Japan.

Source? I've not heard such a thing before. If anything, I thought the past year was better than year 2.

Edited by Anacybele