Anniversary Feh Channel Now Live!

Anacybele

21 minutes ago, XRay said:

Compared to what other games have to offer though, I would argue Heroes' story is pretty bad. Even when you just compare it to the main series games, Heroes is very, very, very barebones basic. I do not really mind since I do not play Fire Emblem for the story, but having a good story does help. Heroes is not bad in terms of being horribly written (although this is subjective, but I think the story is okay), it is bad in terms of there is very little going on, like there is barely even a story. The story feels like a really short draft.

I really think they just need to hire a better writer and that’s not just feh either. That’s just in general. Again say what you will about fate but I will stand by that Nasu and Gen Urobuchi are really good writers in their own right.

Edited by Ottservia

• Replies 356
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

13 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

The dislike bars on both versions of the trailers say otherwise. They're massive. And I heard some people voted Camilla in that CYL to create salt, not because they like her. As for Chrom, he hasn't been spammed as much as some other characters.

Again, see the dislike bars on the trailers.

Not everyone bothers to leave a like/dislike on the trailers, if they're even aware of them or bother to watch them. No matter how loud it is, the vocal minority is what it is; a minority. People who don't talk about Heroes (or anything on the internet) aren't necessarily NOT playing Heroes, so there's a BUNCH of people whose opinions are not accounted for just because they aren't sharing said opinions. And like it or not, fanservice sells; that's sorta how Awakening and Fates sold more than SoV by themselves due to the romance options, and probably a decent contributor in TH's success.

Plus, even when if we factor in dislikes, look at any video involving Awakening or Fates that isn't Hot Springs or the legendary Azura or Lucina. Those like the Awakening kids and Fates Nohr banner haven't been even close to being overtaken by dislikes. This is even factoring in Year 1 and 2's banners that specifically had only Awakening and/or Fates content.

I don’t think the lack of Awakening and Fates is a main factor of the player base leaving. I think it’s because many other problems plaguing the game. Incessant powercreeps, inability to keep up with constant new heroes with new skills necessary to stay on game, not updating the below 5 star pool nor removing the old and practically useless characters, focus on multiplayer, and basically the huge amount of grinding and attention required.

is Dragalia Lost among the mobile Nintendo games that lost player base? Because that game has MANY things that makes it more friendly that FEH

6 hours ago, Mercakete said:

I like them and I think they're cool, but you have to pay for them and about $10 a month is crazy for a cellphone gacha game like this. Maybe if it was $2 a month, but...I mean, I may wind up losing my f2p status at long last if a unit I really, really want comes up since there won't be any other way to get them.

Feh Pass appears to include about $5 worth of orbs, though.

6 hours ago, Mercakete said:

Maybe you could just pay for 1 month when your favorite unit gets announced, but that's a lot of money for something with no resale value.

It's like the cost of 2 morning coffees? Which also have no resale value?

1 hour ago, DefyingFates said:

On the lighter side, Feh's group's acronym is SOAR in English. Is there some similar wordplay in the Japanese version, @Ice Dragon?

Nope. It's just called 情報局 (jouhoukyoku) in Japanese, which translates as "intelligence agency".

43 minutes ago, Water Mage said:

There are various possible factors for FEH’s huge loss of players:

How much of it is a loss of players, though, as opposed to a loss of money? In other words, is the ~30% drop in revenue accompanied by a ~30% drop in players?

Because I can think of a few reasons that they'll lose more money than players:

• We're getting tons of free pulls now, both with the number of banners that run and the number of free summon tickets that we receive.
  • The meta has gotten stagnant. While they've been continuing to make stronger and stronger units and skills, they're not so much stronger that they're absolute must-haves.
    • This means that players (like me) can just rest on their laurels and make their existing merged units stronger with new skills rather than starting merge projects with new units.

36 minutes ago, Othin said:

That is concerning. But yeah, I don't think this will help. Maybe if they back off soon and open up some of the pass's options to all players (particularly the QOL stuff),

As with all backlashes, you always have to wonder if the company in question went this far on purpose so that if/ when they dial the Pass back it becomes more appealing. I highly doubt it, but this is so cartoonishly bad...

29 minutes ago, Midnox said:

Called it, FEH’s existence wasn’t to be taken for granted. Over 30% drop is huge. I haven’t been playing this game as much lately for one reason or another. There are many things that need fixing ASAP. I remember when the delevopers listened to player feedback in the beginning 

For all its faults I enjoy FEH, so I hope it isn't shut down any time soon. Not until we get Brave Eirika at least.

But on topic, yeah: I remember that too. Feels like a dream at this point, it really does.

6 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Nope. It's just called 情報局 (jouhoukyoku) in Japanese, which translates as "intelligence agency".

Huh. That's a boring name, but it makes it sound like Fehnix runs some sort of spy network which is hilarious. Is that another reading for the name?

Edited by DefyingFates

3 minutes ago, DefyingFates said:

For all its faults I enjoy FEH, so I hope it isn't shut down any time soon.

Yeah, I feel the same way. I want it to last for several more years yet. I still need Sylvain, Kieran, flying healer Elincia and one or two more Ike and Freddy alts too.

Edited by Anacybele

10 minutes ago, DefyingFates said:

Huh. That's a boring name, but it makes it sound like Fehnix runs some sort of spy network which is hilarious.

The Japanese name for the CIA (when they don't want to just use the English acronym as is) is 中央情報局 (chuuou jouhoukyoku), literally just "central intelligence agency". So yeah.

10 minutes ago, DefyingFates said:

Is that another reading for the name?

No, not really.

2 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

No, not really.

Ah. Well, it uses the same word from CYL so that's enough for me xD

---

On the topic of leaving feedback about this, consider leaving a negative review/ low rating on the Google Play and iTunes Store pages. Maybe IS doesn't care about emails and YT downvotes, but make it harder for newcomers to see or consider downloading the game and they're bound to respond.

The drop in revenue was expected.

The Story is okeish at best
and the game isnt changing much in terms of Meta or mechanics or gameplay. This can be good or bad. but in FEHs case its bad.
You can only sustain people with the same mechanic for only such a period of time.
What they need is more Online functionality for Co-Op play and other stuff so people actually bond over the game, which might keep them on the game.

1 hour ago, Water Mage said:

You played FGO right? The Friend Point summon system from there could be great way to clean up the summoning pool in FEH.

If Divine Codes were used for something like that, it would've been awesome!

This one would be ideal. It's far too generous a change - even without a paywall - but still one I'd love to see.

If each Combat Manual along a path has the same low price, I suppose locking them behind others would be a subtle way of giving them different values based on their Skills. We saw S!Laevatein and Kliff were the highest tiers in the two paths shown and both have Tier 4 Skills; if I had the choice of getting one of them for 250 Codes or getting one + four Manuals I won't use for 250 Codes the latter would be more efficient.

But that's just it: if each Manual has a low/ fixed price. If we get a Grails situation again where each step along the path is more and more expensive then we go right back to the whole thing being grindy for the sake of being grindy.

Again, this isn't something that either of us knows for certain.  That's why I'm going to wait and see how everything pans out before deciding how good/bad this feature is.

2 minutes ago, eclipse said:

Again, this isn't something that either of us knows for certain.  That's why I'm going to wait and see how everything pans out before deciding how good/bad this feature is.

That's fair. And who knows, maybe the negative emotions churned up by the Channel has given them incentive to make the whole thing more generous without us even knowing~

41 minutes ago, DefyingFates said:

For all its faults I enjoy FEH, so I hope it isn't shut down any time soon. Not until we get Brave Eirika at least.

I do not enjoy it as much other than the occasional not seen before alts, specially legendaries and brave, but it doesn’t mean I want this game to be shut down either. But if things stand as they are, I sadly don’t see it going past next year

1 hour ago, XRay said:

Compared to what other games have to offer though, I would argue Heroes' story is pretty bad. Even when you just compare it to the main series games, Heroes is very, very, very barebones basic. I do not really mind since I do not play Fire Emblem for the story, but having a good story does help. Heroes is not bad in terms of being horribly written (although this is subjective, but I think the story is okay), it is bad in terms of there is very little going on, like there is barely even a story. The story feels like a really short draft.

Story does seem to be a very low priority for Heroes. Book I was basically what TVtropes would call an ''excuse plot'' and book II had to suffer the presence of Garon's evil twin. Even when its decent they still seem to go out of their way to pick the most boring route available. Compared to the other stories Book III was actually pretty decent but there was a ton of potential and they seemed completely disinterested in using any of that. A good chunk of the book II OC's died but despite going to the realm of the dead we don't see any of them. Ton of dead Fire Emblem characters could have also made even the vaguest cameo and they didn't do that either. The only real difference between the realm of the dead and Muspel is that Muspel had lava and Hell had swamps. 

I think Book 1 laid out an interesting foundation.  Why not explore the relationship between Askr/Embla?  But then some other things interfered, and we're no closer to the conclusion of Book 1 than we were when it first ended.

4 minutes ago, eclipse said:

I think Book 1 laid out an interesting foundation.  Why not explore the relationship between Askr/Embla?  But then some other things interfered, and we're no closer to the conclusion of Book 1 than we were when it first ended.

I still think they're saving that for the final Book (or at least the final book based on Norse Mythology). It's always nice when stories have dramatic arcs but end with a story close to home.

(It'd be nice if they touched on the Embla curse more often though...)

Edited by DefyingFates

17 minutes ago, Gregster101 said:

where they had a perfect opportunity to add her as an instant demote, and yet they didn't for whatever reason

Speaking of instant demotes, I really hope the new 4* Focus thing isn't replacing them. We went from having two demotes per banner to one again. That's not very nice...

If the game gets shut down before Tormod, Rath, Luthier, and Marcia are added it'd be super disappointing but I'll live.

But it'd probably make some of their more questionable unit choices and seasonal placements all the more frustrating.

Which is why you gotta enjoy what the game has to offer now, I guess, which is hard to do when the company insists on making choices that are just not good.

Speaking of instant demotes, I really hope the new 4* Focus thing isn't replacing them. We went from having two demotes per banner to one again. That's not very nice...

The 4* focus seems to be about the 4-5* demote, so I don't think it'd have anything to do with the 3-4*s.

But yeah, it's frustrating how none of the past three New Heroes banners have had double demotes. Hopefully the late February NH banner goes back to six new units - if not, it'll probably imply another change in the pattern.

6 hours ago, XRay said:

Here is a slightly more complete revenue picture for anyone interested. Fire Emblem Heroes is Nintendo's most successful mobile game and most successful Fire Emblem game, but it is not exactly looking pretty financially right now.

For rough estimates of gross revenue by February of each year:
2018: $295,000,000 (Sensor Tower)
2019: $500,000,000 (Sensor Tower)
2020: $656,000,000 (Yahoo Finance)

And that gives us an annual revenue summary:
2017: $295,000,000
2018: $205,000,000; 30% annual drop
2019: $156,000,000; 24% annual drop, 47% drop from first year

Same reaction as me. I did not know their revenue drop was this bad until I just looked it up. I thought they would be more like maybe just shy of $200 million. Hopefully, their profit margins dropped less though.

Sometimes, it is better to cater to a smaller, more profitable clientele than serving a larger customer base due to the cost of appealing to a wider audience.

But yeah, if I was Nintendo investor, I would still be panicking anyways. And this is Nintendo's BEST mobile game, other mobile games are going to be super disappointing. Heroes is not some luxury boutique product where it can survive off of an elite clientele indefinitely. Unlike Gucci or Ferrari that you can easily show off in real life, whales in Heroes only has other fish to show off too, and when those fish are gone, so will the whales.

It is not what the sales number say though. Despite having a more varied cast, the drop in revenue still happened and still dropped severely. There sure is a vocal minority complaining about Fates, but I do not think they are large enough to affect sales numbers.

I wondered if the release of  3H could fix that drop- bring in more players, or actually bringing profit

And apparently, sometimes there are mobile games with BETTER plot than the main game.  KHUX is better written than KH3, that it actually answered questions it raised instead of giving more questions.Then again, it's, well, Kingdom Hearts , with the convoluted plot and all

58 minutes ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

Man, it's likely Feh will end before Brom is added, so I'm pretty much doomed for my wants for the game.

Brom scored higher than some of the units I voted for.  Someone's gonna be disappointed no matter what!

I think the only thing that interested me in this was the thing about all the new banners having one of the new heroes available as 4 star. That'll make things a bit easier for a collector like me since it means twice the odds of getting one particular unit. It'll always obviously be the unit that is the least desirable among them, but when you're after them all, it still can make things easier. It'll also help me avoid another Eyvel situation (making the mistake of assuming a new unit with little to offer is a demote and thus becomes the one any only unit I am missing in the entire game at present! lol), Will this only be applied for new banners from here on out, or could it possibly be retroactively applied to returning seasonal banners?

I feel semi-disappointed by the use of divine codes. I have long wished for a QOL item that could provide more leeway for various projects, like the ability to get a few merges for a unit you have or inherit a skill without losing another unit. This sort of provides that, but in an extremely limited and unfulfilling way. It seems we will have no say at all as to what character manuals will appear, and we will often be forced to get ones we don't want in order to get one we do want.

As for FEH pass, I can't decide if my response should be, "When you spend anywhere from three to six hundred dollars a month on this game, what's another ten? Meh.", or should I go, "I already spend three to six hundred dollars a month on this game, and now they're trying to squeeze an extra ten out on top of that?! RAAAAAAAAGE!" lol  My main disappointment is the fact that they are locking QOL features like extra supports and turn rewinds behind a paywall. Those sort of things should be available to everybody free of charge. I also dislike that there is now officially content that people can't access at all without forking over cash. Up to now, everything in the game could be obtained for free with either a lot of luck, or a good amount of patience and perseverance. It brings a sense of disappointment to somebody like me that always thought it to be a bit fulfilling to know the fact that my sacrifice is partly worth it due to the fact that it keeps an enjoyable experience around for other people that can't afford to make any sacrifice.

If a subscription just had to happen, the things I would change would be: Make resplendent heroes available via divine codes (say a month worth of codes from a top player for a single resplendent hero); this would mean people that want a particular one could get it, but they'll have to forgo a lot of potential manuals in exchange, but at least they still have a means of getting them without charge. Having some exclusive quests for things like extra orbs seems okay (I would hope it to be enough orb quests that a person who does buy orbs could just say, "I can buy 23 orbs for thirteen bucks, or I can get twenty orbs over the month for ten bucks from the pass along with a lot of other goodies... no reason not to pick the latter."). And the final bonus that could make it actually make it make a worthwhile difference could be an increase in the chance of getting a focus unit on a banner by one percent while the pass is active. All QOL features like the multiple supports should be free and separate from it.

I suppose the addition of a subscription (in this and every other Nintendo mobile game) is due to the demands of certain demons that walk among us called "shareholders"; they may look and sound like humans, but they are actually evil entities that exist for the sole purpose of spreading misery and chaos all in the name of "profit". lol With the increase in articles I had read in the past year about how subscriptions are becoming the next big thing in mobile games, I was afraid it would only be a matter of time before Nintendo was forced to start putting that in new games and even force it into older ones. And here we are. It will be ironic if this ultimately ends up having a detrimental effect on what was up to now their most profitable fully owned mobile game.

Edited by Namero

On 2/1/2020 at 8:09 PM, ZeManaphy said:

How Rudolf even alive? He died before Alm and Celica were married. Not terribly interested in Conrad or anyone else though.

Rudolf probably came from a different timeline like how Greil showed up in the last year's Valentine's Day Banner since the conversation between the Greil Mercenaries and Greil in the Tempest Trials had shown the Ike was showed up in their Valentine's Day came after Greil died and Greil came sometime before he died. Rudolf will possibly say the same thing in this upcoming Tempest Trial. 

It's to see there are other owls showing up. Patrick Seitz did a good job voicing Fehnix speaking like a gentleman owl.

It's nice to see the Valentia characters appear for the upcoming Valentine's Day Banner.

I'll might try out the Feh Pass (maybe sometime between the time period for Lyn's and Cordelia's summoning so that I can obtain them both since I still have the Christmas Money from my aunts) I do need to get a lot of more Divine Dews since it was a pain to wait them obtaining through 150 to 200 while using those 50 Refine Stones for the Weapon Refinery to get them.

Also, I wasn't expecting Lysithea showed up at the end of the Feh Channel.

4 hours ago, Namero said:

It will be ironic if this ultimately ends up having a detrimental effect on what was up to now their most profitable fully owned mobile game.

Not sure how many people will actually drop the game over it, but it definitely puts another hit towards the game's reputation, which is never a good thing for the longevity of the game. But I guess that seemed worth it for the quick buck they can make off the people who will pay anyway. Unfortunately this is probably more profitable for them than trying to please the playerbase more with free stuff/improvements like Dragalia did. Making players happier and the game better doesn't necessarily save declining sales. The main problem they may have with the success of the pass is being too heavy handed with it, as taking up most of the anniversary celebration to push it to everyone wasn't a good look.