Anniversary Feh Channel Now Live!

Anacybele

5 hours ago, Namero said:

That'll make things a bit easier for a collector like me since it means twice the odds of getting one particular unit.

On a 4-character banner, it actually increases the chances of getting that unit by 5 times.

• Replies 356
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just hope 4* Focus Hero to have some value. Conrad is pretty meh as a unit, and his fodder is also not impressive. I can see collectors and players that like the character will summon for him, and even those who like to have a unit with every inheritable weapon possible. The only way for me to summon for Conrad is if I get a circle with only red orbs.

Of course I don't expect a Tier 4 skill on them, but something better than Brazen Def/Res and WoM, or Brash Assault on Altena.

18 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

It's like the cost of 2 morning coffees? Which also have no resale value?

Some of us can't afford that. I'm thinking of people who have little to no income or excess cash after bills, to whom this FREE game appeals. Personally, I don't have an income (working on fixing that, though), so I can't buy anything that isn't super cheap or a 1 time purchase. There are also likely minors and dependents playing this game, who would have to justify to the people taking care of them why they need to pay $10 a month on a cell phone game (as opposed to a higher-quality game like a newer MMO or something, which while a little more expensive, you get a LOT more out of.) For people in tight financial situations, this is kind of a lot, especially when considering that these payments are per month. For me personally, I MAY pay it for ONE month if my favorite character comes up, but that's it, if that. I may just have to let it pass by.

My point is that it's not like it's not a big deal to spend that much to some people, especially considering who free cell phone games appeal to. It may be a drop in the bucket for some folks, but that's certainly not the case for everyone.

To put bluntly feh pass is an absolute dick-move and yes I could afford it but won't buy it. The value of it is debatable, I wouldn't call it fantastic by any means. Nintendo isnt especially known for their generosity.

What's in the package is disturbing, however.

Selling old and outdates units was to be expected and it's fine. Adding skins is fine as well. Resources like grails and orbs is fine.

But providing advantages over those who didn't buy it? That's a no-no in my book. Qol for paying customers? Disgusting! 

Ofc they will get away with it. The pass will be a success and set a precedence for future business. Dick-move. 

Imo it's a matter of honor not to buy it and show solidarity with those that can't afford. Don't pay2be-a-slut.

11 minutes ago, Endriu said:

Ofc they will get away with it. The pass will be a success and set a precedence for future business. Dick-move.

This is my concern. There are a ton of people in a bunch of FE communities saying they'll buy the pass if their favourite character gets added, or saying they'll get it because they can afford it. I've even seen some defeatists saying "They're not going to remove it so I have no choice but to buy it". It's...really depressing.

11 minutes ago, Endriu said:

Imo it's a matter of honor not to buy it and show solidarity with those that can't afford. Don't pay2be-a-slut.

This is what it comes down to: don't buy it "because everyone else is doing it" or to get a shinier waifu/ husbando (just get their art and lines from the datamine - you'll get their pictures on a bigger screen to boot!) Stand your ground and make them bow to us. The customer is always right, after all!

---

I sent both an email and in-game feedback about this. I got an email response, but it was just a simple "We have no information to share at this time, please submit your feedback in-game" response.

FWIW, I also asked how the 4* Focus was going to work. Maybe I wasn't listening properly, but the Feh Channel seemed to suggest only Seasonals would get them. The rep told me we would get non-Seasonal 4*s too, but didn't say if all banners would have them. Considering how quickly the insta-demote feature died off this doesn't give me much hope.

Speaking of Summoning, what does F:GO do that you liked so much, @eclipse?

Edited by DefyingFates

@DefyingFates

Indeed. Deep down everyone knows this isn't fair play. If people can afford to whale it's fine. You pay hundreds or thousands to get that shiny new unit at release, it's cool, the game needs supporters to stay alive. 

I bought about 200 eur worth of orbs last December to get one copy of a unit, lol. If I wanted to I could do it every month, not more than that because I'm not rich. 

But this pass made realize I wouldn't want to spend anymore on this game under any circumstances.

In fact I am sort of disappointed with the general state of the game.  I have a feeling IS is just doing the bare minimum when it comes to game modes and events (if you can call them this way). The anniversary is lackluster as it gets. What's there for veteran players to do? Bhb party! Lv.5 anniversary maps? That's just lazy. 

If they want more money they should put more effort into the game and people will spend. 

I am honestly sitting here wondering what exactly. the 'advantages" are. I'm not being obtuse or anything. but I mean. never in two years or so did I go "oh gee, I really wish i had the ability to undo my turn. (note you can't do this in arena, or in AR).  So people are upset that they can't undo their turn in VG and GC? 

people are legitimately that upset that you can't set it and forget it for their stamina? 

I'm only bringing this up because for the most part, people i've spoken to who are going to get the pass, don't care about the "Quality of Life" additions and have zero plans to use them. it's the stuff (that general comes in a monthly pack anyway - the grails/etc etc + the two skins etc) that is intriguing - and is actually bringing more value to said monthly pack. 

I quite frankly, enjoy Heroes, and I don't mind supporting them financially when i am able to (and i set aside money, even when i am on a tight income) for a game that I play every day, has introduced me to some amazing friends, and I actually really enjoy. - and I don't think there is any shame to actually help support a game and want it to last for a very long time.

10 minutes ago, Endriu said:

But this pass made realize I wouldn't want to spend anymore on this game under any circumstances.

You should let them know that. They probably have your 200 Euro expenditure on file and I imagine people who've already spent tons of money saying they won't anymore will have more effect than those who spend a little at a time (or F2Players).

Lv.5 anniversary maps? That's just lazy.

I'm willing to defend those actually. Since the purpose is to benefit as many people as possible and attract newcomers, making something everyone can complete makes sense.

1 minute ago, daisy jane said:

I really wish i had the ability to undo my turn.

I've had the odd moment in a map where I made one bad move and realised just as I did that I'd messed up, and I imagine it'd save a lot of stress in Legendary Hero Battles, but it's still not something I'd pay for.

2 minutes ago, daisy jane said:

I'm only bringing this up because for the most part, people i've spoken to who are going to get the pass, don't care about the "Quality of Life" additions and have zero plans to use them.

That's really interesting, because I haven't seen anyone who wants to get the pass mention the QoL stuff either. It just makes IS come off all the more greedy for locking them behind a paywall too...

Edited by DefyingFates

6 minutes ago, DefyingFates said:

You should let them know that. They probably have your 200 Euro expenditure on file and I imagine people who've already spent tons of money saying they won't anymore will have more effect than those who spend a little at a time (or F2Players).

I'm willing to defend those actually. Since the purpose is to benefit as many people as possible and attract newcomers, making something everyone can complete makes sense.

I've had the odd moment in a map where I made one bad move and realised just as I did that I'd messed up, and I imagine it'd save a lot of stress in Legendary Hero Battles, but it's still not something I'd pay for.

That's really interesting, because I haven't seen anyone who wants to get the pass mention the QoL stuff either. It just makes IS come off all the more greedy for locking them behind a paywall too...

I wouldnt exactly call this 200 eur a big a amount. It's a gacha game. There is people who spends thousands on a single banner.

I just won't buy the pass, and as I said spend any more. Actions speak louder than words. And thats whats gonna be the most important thing once the pass hits the store.

IS knows people don't like. Feh channel vid has 16k dislikes vs 6k likes atm. People are sending feedback, posting how they feel about it. IS still has time to backtrack or make changes. If they follow through with this dick-move (which I believe they will) they will just show how little they value the community.

If they follow through with this dick-move (which I believe they will) they will just show how little they value the community.

True, but I fear the only thing that will get through to them is if no one buys the pass at all - or at least no one outside the whales - but I don't see that happening. That's what worries me.

6 minutes ago, DefyingFates said:

True, but I fear the only thing that will get through to them is if no one buys the pass at all - or at least no one outside the whales - but I don't see that happening. That's what worries me.

Yeah, I believe those who spend anyway will buy it.

Like I said, it's more like a morality thing not to buy it and I doubt many people care about stuff like that, they just check if the pass benefits them personally. 

What is worrying is the general trend in gacha gaming and monetization. If the pass will be a success the next pass will be even worse (or better depending on which side you are on).

I think FEH Pass will either be a success or a massive failure, and it depends on how it works in terms of time.

If it stays for a month (the same amount of days regardless of when it's activated), then it'll be a success. Due to the way they decided to separate each Resplendent Hero, we'll be able to get up to 3 of them in a single FEH Pass if we buy them optimally. Of course, that's only if it operates this way.

If it stays active until the end of the month it was activated, it'll be a failure. People will become less and less willing to buy it later in the month, and people have their own priorities and tend to forget or simply not care. And contrary to what die-hard fans of this game might think, there aren't a lot of people that care about FEH enough to whale on it for a subscription that possibly won't even last as long as they want it to. It'll be especially worse near the end of the month, when people can't get both Resplendent Heroes that month because the first one already expired.

Edited by MilodicMellodi

18 minutes ago, Etheus said:

This is the game that followed suit. Animal Crossing and Mario Kart Tour already have them. Dunno about Pokemon Masters.

I should have been clearer, my bad!

I meant Feh Pass would influence Nintendo's games like Dragalia Lost that don't have subscription services and may change the services Mario Kart et al use. That's not even getting into their future projects! I was really looking forward to their Zelda mobile game, for example whenever that comes out.

@MilodicMellodi

It'd have to be the first option, right? Even Nintendo's not that incompetent...right?

Edited by DefyingFates

3 hours ago, DefyingFates said:

FWIW, I also asked how the 4* Focus was going to work. Maybe I wasn't listening properly, but the Feh Channel seemed to suggest only Seasonals would get them. The rep told me we would get non-Seasonal 4*s too, but didn't say if all banners would have them. Considering how quickly the insta-demote feature died off this doesn't give me much hope.

The FEH channel stated that going forward both Special Hero banners and New Hero banners would have 4 star focus.  So it's unlikely that rerun focuses like BHB or skill banners will have a 4 star focus, but all banners with new units should.

18 minutes ago, DefyingFates said:

It'd have to be the first option, right? Even Nintendo's not that incompetent...right?

You never know. If it does end up being the second option, then people will riot. The potential of paying $10 for a single day of content (if it's gotten on the last day of the month) would make people mad as a hatter.

Edited by MilodicMellodi

8 minutes ago, MilodicMellodi said:

You never know. If it does end up being the second option, then people will riot. The potential of paying $10 for a single day of content (if it's gotten on the last day of the month) would make people mad as a hatter.

The sad thing is I can totally see Nintendo going the second route to - in their eyes - stop people "gaming the system" and getting 3 Resplendent Heroes instead of just 2...

I really wish is the second option, just so that less people find it desirable. 

Also, on the 4* topic, it works on New Heroes Banners and Special Heroes Banners, but what about specifically Special Heroes re-run banners? 

34 minutes ago, Javi Blizz said:

I really wish is the second option, just so that less people find it desirable. 

Also, on the 4* topic, it works on New Heroes Banners and Special Heroes Banners, but what about specifically Special Heroes re-run banners? 

I assume not, which is a shame considering those also have obvious "demote candidates".

1 hour ago, DefyingFates said:

The sad thing is I can totally see Nintendo going the second route to - in their eyes - stop people "gaming the system" and getting 3 Resplendent Heroes instead of just 2...

Any idiot can figure out that you can make 30 days overlap 3 separate 15-day periods.

In fact, if you start the 30 days on a completely random day, there's even a 14 out of 15 chance it'll do so.

4 hours ago, DefyingFates said:

The QoL stuff is pointless for most people. Turn re-dos in PvE when you can retry GHB/LHBs for free and even CCs let you use multiple teams. At best you save a bit of wasted stamina on the occasional map and a little effort resetting a LHB, but that's not worth paying for. Auto-repeat is useful for TT grinding and HM grinding, but again not worth money for that convenience. (and HM grinding can be automated for free with use of an emulator or tapping app on some devices)

Quests for orbs/grails/etc. aren't as bad since that's barely different than the current paying to win of orb packs and monthly packs. It's really just the exclusive art + stat boosts that give any real reason to pay into this, and I'm sure they know that, but the package looks bigger by lumping in the QoL features too rather than being in the free update. I'm even fine with paid alternate skins for units, as that's probably the least-harmful monetization scheme I've seen in other gachas, since it's just cosmetic. The problem is they didn't make it just cosmetic here.

If you took away the extra S supports and the +2 stats to resplendents I still wouldn't like them using the anniversary to shove a premium service in our face, but it wouldn't be half as bad without actual paid-exclusive advantages.

Personally, I'd already been asking for an undo button just because it'd be convenient and easy enough to implement. At least for free stamina maps like GHBs and Tactics Drills. But making it something to pay for is just ridiculous.

4 hours ago, Alkaid said:

The QoL stuff is pointless for most people. Turn re-dos in PvE when you can retry GHB/LHBs for free and even CCs let you use multiple teams. At best you save a bit of wasted stamina on the occasional map and a little effort resetting a LHB, but that's not worth paying for.

It'd also actually detrimental for long-time players too. Redoing it for free means you spend that much less stamina in your attempts on clearing the map, but that also means that you go through Stamina pots that much less often. For those who already have the maximum amount of pots, it'll be like a slap in the face disguised as a delicious-looking pie. Of course, all you have to do is not use the redo option...but now you're not getting the full experience that you paid $10 for. Which honestly is even worse.

So here's a recap of everything we're getting in the FEH Pass:
1) Resplendent Heroes: Better-looking versions of weak-ish Gen 1 Heroes with a small BST boost. Not useless, but certainly bait. Simply getting a free 5* unit without having to work for it is something anyone would fall for.
2) Missions with great rewards: A spiked hammer in the groin — giving people with money huge amounts of resources that just so happen to be rare normally, and all they have to do is complete a few easy missions. It's like a sign leading you to that delicious-looking pie, but once you cross that sign it locks the door behind you until you spring the face-slapping trap.
3) Extra Summoner Supports: Fairly useless. Any teams you had before that did well with only 1 S-Rank Summoner Supported unit don't need 3. And any team compositions that actually need 3 fucking S-Rank Summoner Supports are so niche and full of shit that no one would competitively use them. It downplays the effort people put into making great, powerful team compositions by giving the average P2W junkie a free ride with less powerful builds.
4) Re-Act: Like I said, a slap in the face disguised as a delicious-looking pie. It has its place in SoV and 3H because their maps are long and tedious...giving FEH the same treatment at no cost is like telling the playerbase that they're so retarded they need an additional advantage put in place for them. And what's worse, it can't be used in the one place where it would be at its most useful in: Arena Assault.
5) Auto-Start: The only thing actually useful for people, and that's only because of the Tempest Trials and Forging Bonds. With it, it's no longer tedious to gather points. Those that have aircraft carriers full of Stamina pots can just sit back and gather all the points and rewards they want without having to lift a finger. This is...kinda the same kind of advantage Re-Act gives, but it's done in a way that makes it useful to the entire playerbase as a whole.

So there you all have it. 2 blatant baits, 2 useless monstrosities, and 1 thing to make tedious game modes less tedious. That doesn't really feel like it's worth $10, but like I've said before at least it's not KHUx's $15 a week.

Edited by MilodicMellodi