Anniversary Feh Channel Now Live!

Anacybele

4 minutes ago, XRay said:

I have factored any extra effects that involves numbers. Any effect that does not involve numbers like Null Follow-Up and Null Special from Creator's Sword have been ignored to keep things simple. Lyn's Desperation-Brash Assault is no slouch as an effect, giving her essentially infinite Spd, a weaker version of Null Follow-Up, and it frees up her B slot to pad her stats further with Lull Spd/Def. Comparing non numerical effects is already a pain in the ass for Slaying effect, since they are basically a straight up Atk boost but you also need to factor in average enemy Def and list several Atk numbers for varying Def numbers; comparing things like guaranteed follow-up is even more difficult since it does not really make sense to assign infinite Spd a meaningful value.

I woudlnt compare Desperation Brash Assault to null-follow up at all, it can be fairly miss. The foe still needs to be able to counter for it to take the effect and it does not disable foes skills that allow for follow up attacks on their part.

• Replies 356
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 minutes ago, Roflolxp54 said:

Given how the Summoner Support works, I would assume that the last 2 supports would be reset to "no support". After all, it takes half as many maps to regain an old S-rank summoner support than to get a new S-rank summoner support and the game does remember the highest summoner support rank you got with that unit. It's not a big issue anyways since having extra summoner support slots mainly saves you stamina potions.

Rather than dropping back to zero, it would make more sense to turn into a "ghost" support instead where it retains its support level, but doesn't get reflected in the unit's stats. After all, it would be stupid if you forgot to renew your subscription for 1 hour and then had to redo 2 units' supports all over again.

Also, they might not even let you renew the subscription while an active subscription is active (like with the Aether Resort point bonus), so that gap between subscriptions might be unavoidable.

2 minutes ago, Hilda said:

I woudlnt compare Desperation Brash Assault to null-follow up at all, it can be fairly miss. The foe still needs to be able to counter for it to take the effect and it does not disable foes skills that allow for follow up attacks on their part.

Hence why he said

9 minutes ago, XRay said:

Lyn's Desperation-Brash Assault is no slouch as an effect, giving her essentially infinite Spd, a weaker version of Null Follow-Up, and it frees up her B slot to pad her stats further with Lull Spd/Def.

Just now, Ice Dragon said:

Hence why he said

not even a weak version, its worse than that, hence why i wouldnt even call it comparable.
It doesnt even take any effect on Enemy phase and on Playerphase it doesnt effect Vengefull fighter/Quick Riposte or units that cant counter attack, i wouldnt even compare them they are so far off.

15 minutes ago, Hilda said:

That is why I did not want compare them and I explained why comparing them is difficult. I only compared effects that dealt with straight up numbers, cause those are straight up numbers and it is easy to say this number is bigger than this number.

It can be a miss if you are facing a really fast ranged unit, but they generally are not that big of a threat since usually run Swift Sparrow, so they are not as fast on Enemy Phase. It is more of a threat if they run Life and Death though, since they generally have enough bulk to withstand one hit.

Disabling follow up counter attacks is not a big deal in my opinion since if you are using them as exclusively Player Phase units, whatever enemy the nuke fights should be dead by the second attack. There is absolutely no reason to use a nuke against enemy that can survive the second attack and kill your nuke when you can just use another nuke with a better color match up or something to deal with it. It is still helpful on Enemy Phase in case you accidentally leave them in enemy range and stuff like that, but again, it is difficult to assign a value to that.

The primary draw of Null Follow-Up on a Player Phase unit is to enforce a hard Spd check. Brash Assault with decent Spd can sort of do that by counteracting stuff like Wary Fighter and Swordbreaker on slow units. As long as the enemy only has one layer of follow-up denial, Brash Assault basically does the same thing as enforcing a hard Spd check, and if the enemy does not have have a layer of follow-up denial, Lyn essentially gets infinite Spd if the enemy can counter.

Edited by XRay

1 minute ago, eclipse said:

. . .how'd the discussion end up here?

Sorry, we were talking about how the new Feh pass would give Lyn enough of a boost to make her competitive with other sword units. She does not have the crazy stat distribution of the super offensive gen IV infantry, but she can compete with everyone else in her class.

In my opinion, I think the new Feh pass does enough of a job to make Lyn a viable alternative if the player wants to run someone like Ayra, but does not need the huge offensive potential of Larcei or Mareeta.

7 minutes ago, eclipse said:

. . .how'd the discussion end up here?

If you read the discussion it's about the impact of the +2 stats on resplendent units. The viability of Lyn in particular to explain how even a mediocre gen 1 sword getting +2 stats is still pretty significant. (in other words how these resplendent boosts are definitely a big deal for a pay-gated feature)

Xray's a ninja

Edited by Alkaid

14 minutes ago, XRay said:

In my opinion, I think the new Feh pass does enough of a job to make Lyn a viable alternative if the player wants to run someone like Ayra, but does not need the huge offensive potential of Larcei or Mareeta.

If you don’t need huge offensive potential, why not use someone like Athena who’s much cheaper to merge? If you’re going to spend orbs to get merges, you might as well get the most bang for your buck.

Compared to extra BST, the value of more/better effects on a weapon is harder to quantify. Still, the resplendent boost only provides BST, so I think the FEH pass is not a big deal.

11 minutes ago, Baldrick said:

If you don’t need huge offensive potential, why not use someone like Athena who’s much cheaper to merge? If you’re going to spend orbs to get merges, you might as well get the most bang for your buck.

Compared to extra BST, the value of more/better effects on a weapon is harder to quantify. Still, the resplendent boost only provides BST, so I think the FEH pass is not a big deal.

It is mostly for people who already have somewhat decently highly merged Lyn, which most new players do not have and most free players do not have high merges of, hence why Feh Pass needs to be marketed better.

However, Feh Pass does address the BST issue from a purely game play perspective.

22 minutes ago, eclipse said:

The posts above mine talk about skills, not stats.

It is important to take certain skills into account since they are basically a BST boost. This is relevant for the B slot since Lull Spd/Def is essentially Atk/Spd +3 that Lyn and units with Desperation on their Weapons have access to, but units without Desperation need to run Desperation on the B slot, so they do not have access to that. I mean, they can still access it, but it would not be optimal since Desperation is a core foundation that lots of Player Phase units are built on.

Edited by XRay

9 minutes ago, XRay said:

It is important to take certain skills into account since they are basically a BST boost. This is relevant for the B slot since Lull Spd/Def is essentially Atk/Spd +3 that Lyn and units with Desperation on their Weapons have access to, but units without Desperation need to run Desperation on the B slot, so they do not have access to that. I mean, they can still access it, but it would not be optimal since Desperation is a core foundation that lots of Player Phase units are built on.

Even with that, I doubt this will make Lyn the new arena meta.  More viable, maybe.

I think it would be a cool feature for the pass if it gave you permanent focus banners for resplendent heroes you own so anyone who really liked a character could keep spending orbs to +10 old 5* units. Of course, there are more player friendly solutions to this, but this would be an improvement over them getting Thanos snapped and maybe coming back for a single banner in who knows how many months.

2 hours ago, Anacybele said:

The thing is, those supports take a while to build and they're something you're adding to your units. The other stuff you mentioned don't affect your units stats or anything.

Send an inquiry and keep us updated! The only thing I confirmed with my inquiry was about retaining Resplendent Heroes.

26 minutes ago, eclipse said:

Even with that, I doubt this will make Lyn the new arena meta.  More viable, maybe.

It will not make her meta, but it does mean that players can dust her off the bench now if they have her built up. For example, if a player needs two types of sword builds for two different offense teams for Aether Raids, like Galeforce and raw damage nuke, Lyn can run one build and the player can choose another sword to run the other.

57 minutes ago, eclipse said:

Probably not in regular Arena because Lyn simply can't both score well and have good combat performance. She needs to run R Duel Infantry due to her low scoring potential, but she hits like a wet noodle without a functional A skill.

However, it helps a lot with her viability in Arena Assault. Sol Katti's Brash Assault is basically a cheap alternative to Null Follow-Up for breaking Wary Fighter, and unlike other units of her class, she actually has a Res stat worth mentioning (tying Fir and Itsuki for second at 32 and beaten only by Summer Helbindi at 33), giving her better match-ups against dragons. Having Desperation on her weapon is also helpful in that it frees up her B skill for either Wrath or Lull Spd/Def, the former helping circumvent Special Fighter and the latter giving her more advantageous Spd checks against fast opponents.

Either way, I use vanilla Lyn regularly in PvE modes, so Resplendent Lyn is going to continue to see a lot of use from me.

1 hour ago, Jingle Jangle said:

For the Resplendent Heroes inspired by Hel, I wonder what will they look. Will the blood and organs be removed and be replaced by jello? I have a hard time see that appearance for the lords.

Jello Tharja! Her default attire is very similar to Thrasir. Though I wonder if she'll even be getting a Resplendent form because she's arguably the best red tome user right now because of her weapon refinery, decent stats and how easy it is to merge her.

I think the Nohrian royal siblings would suit Hel's thematic very well too. Elise's Resplendent outfit could be similar to Eir's.

Edited by thanny

On 2/3/2020 at 5:41 AM, Ice Dragon said:

On a 4-character banner, it actually increases the chances of getting that unit by 5 times.

lol I still don't have a clue how the crazy math of summoning odds works. I just thought, "Three percent chance of it being the five star along with three percent chance of it being the four star makes twice as likely." I had a feeling it was actually something different than that but... FIVE times the odds?! That's like having one of the units just handed to me on a silver platter! I'll likely be too busy saving a hundred dollars a month to even notice that little extra ten dollars a month! lol

There is one thing I think about that pass that I have complained about before that I still hope gets fixed since this "pay to fix it" feature does not fix it at all: Having to regrind for S supports. Every week I would have to spend fifteen minutes doing Narcian's map in order to support up the main units I'd be using for Aether Raids that week. I do have a couple units I use more than others, but I use such a variety that supporting three at once will not solve that problem. A better solution would be to make it so that once you S support a unit, you can immediately S support them again without grinding at all. It already halves the required battles, but I'd much rather it eliminate the need for any at all. Another option could be to make it so you can S support as many characters as you want, but only one unit gets the stat boosts in battle, that being whichever S supported unit is in the most preceding team/brigade slot (or three slots if pass is active). Then you just need to put whoever you want extra stats for in the lead

11 minutes ago, Namero said:

lol I still don't have a clue how the crazy math of summoning odds works. I just thought, "Three percent chance of it being the five star along with three percent chance of it being the four star makes twice as likely." I had a feeling it was actually something different than that but... FIVE times the odds?! That's like having one of the units just handed to me on a silver platter! I'll likely be too busy saving a hundred dollars a month to even notice that little extra ten dollars a month! lol

It's 3% for any 5* focus hero, so 5* Conrad is only 1/4 of that, i.e. 0.75%. Whereas 4* Conrad is flat out 3%, i.e. four times as likely as 5* Conrad.

Edited by Humanoid

58 minutes ago, Jingle Jangle said:

For the Resplendent Heroes inspired by Hel, I wonder what will they look. Will the blood and organs be removed and be replaced by jello? I have a hard time see that appearance for the lords.

Oh, good thought! I was just thinking that they meant the land of the living (Askr, Embla, Muspell and Nifl), but maybe they'll include dreamland, nightmareland, and Hel too. Kind of hoping to see Muspell-attired Arvis. Emblian Naesala would be cool (since they seem to have a gold-and-raven-esque thing going), Nifl Nils would be cute, too... Oh right; gen 1 units. Uh... Anyone have a list of gen 1 units who might be getting the resplendent treatment?

Edit: Well, I know a few of the units that are for sure gen 1. Maybe Hel Hector would be a thing, what with Armads' curse. Eirika will probably be given a Nifl or Dreamland outfit (or Askr, but too many characters fit Askr already.) Marth...I can't see being anything but Askr. Or maybe Muspell because FIRE emblem? Hel Xander would be cool and would make sense, as @thanny indicated, but in my reasoning, for Birthright reasons. Muspell Roy would be neat, too (I mean, "Blazing Blade.") Maybe Emblian Henry?

Edited by Mercakete

17 minutes ago, Mercakete said:

Hel Xander would be cool and would make sense, as @thanny indicated, but in my reasoning, for Birthright reasons. Muspell Roy would be neat, too (I mean, "Blazing Blade.") Maybe Emblian Henry?

I think Xander might get an Emblian Resplendent form actually, because of his current dynamic and situation with Veronica. 

10 minutes ago, thanny said:

I think Xander might get an Emblian Resplendent form actually, because of his current dynamic and situation with Veronica. 

Ah, that's true. He just really, really likes being a big brother. He's adopting more siblings...

Edit: Actually, Dreamland Sakura could be super cute. And she'd need Nightmareland Elise for a counterpart. Elise already subscribes to a sort of gothic lolita (dark and cute) style of attire, so it seems pretty natural to me.

Edited by Mercakete

8 hours ago, thanny said:

That's a great idea, and makes total sense. Even his horse can be the same Bruno and Brave Veronica uses.

As a player who has a +10 Xander, I would appreciate that.

Didn't want to make a new thread for this, so I hope it's okay to just share this news here. So, you know how it showed Lysithea at the end, not sure if she is the next banner. 

Spoiler

FB_IMG_1580977018494.jpg.9af81ba723898a116e244620710390db.jpg

Spoiler

Someone said they found that in the achievement list.That's Nils. Which makes me think the next banner is FE7 and not 3Houses. So unfortunately, looks like that tease at the end was nothing or for a way later banner. I love FE7, favorite game. But I really hate the lack of 3H characters.

Edited by Dylan Corona

1 hour ago, Dylan Corona said:

But I really hate the lack of 3H characters.

Same here. IS promoted the shit out of Echoes when it came out, why aren't they doing the same with their extremely popular new release? I thought it was to avoid a lot of spoilers at first, but it's been several months now. I'm getting super impatient. I just want Sylvain... I'd like Seteth and Flayn too, but Sylvain is my main desire. Is he too much to ask... 😞