Anniversary Feh Channel Now Live!

Anacybele

• Replies 356
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well that was a bit deflating. I was considering it if it was 5 dollars or less but all that isnt worth 10 dollars. I wonder if I could just subscribe for 1 month to get my favorite heroes and then peace out, but honestly I'm not sure if a glorified cosmetic is worth even that. And the rest of the features are negligible to me.

Divine codes I was expecting more out of. It seems like you only get the combat manual once, which is better than nothing, but I would have preferred having a shop per se, more like the grail unit system.

Oh well, I'm still hyped for Alm/Celica. First duo unit im actually excited for. Ugh and just as I was planning to start saving for Dimitri. XP

Oh yeah guys, don't forget one little thing that popped up at the end:

Lysithea.

A Three Houses banner is coming up! I'm not expecting Sylvain anytime soon anymore, but at least IS has heard our desires for more of those characters.

Edited by Anacybele

1 minute ago, Alexmender said:

Wow, just wow. They want to sell the fix to Gen 1 being powercreeped to hell. SCREW THEM! Seriously, they should've just left the auto/quests/turnwheel stuff if they're so inclined to have a pass, but no, of course they have to strong arm fans of old heroes if they wish for them to remain competitive or want art upgrades (say Cordy, Lloyd and a few others). Ugh, disgusting.

It's not even a fix, +2 to every stat won't probably change a lot for outdated heroes.

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

Only one thing in this really pissed me off though, and that's another fucking Lyn. Why is she getting alt after alt EVERY year? There are more popular characters in FE than just her, IS!

It's not even an alt, it's basically Original Lyn 2.0 behind a paywall.

Man the Feh pass turned the feh channel sour.

But hey, they will make seasonal mroe mergable at least.

Guys, I need help. I'm trying to save my orbs for Jill and Patty as much as I can...BUT THEN THEY FUCKING GIVE ME A VALENTIA SEASONAL WITH DUO ALM AND CELICA AS WELL AS RUDOLF, AND LYSITHEA XP God help my orb count! XP

Anyway, I also love the new Cordelia alt, but FEH Pass is dumb

CYL Winners: *Gasp* Much surprise!

Anniversary events: Nothing unexpected. Free stuff.

Valentine banner: Okay.

4-star Focus units: Good. Now we don't have to guess who will demote.

FEH Pass: Assuming the additional quests are relatively consistent with the one shown, that's 10 Orbs per month, which is normally about $5.20 to purchase (with the most efficient Orb pack), so the rest of the perks effectively cost $4.30. Honestly, that's not too bad for 2 free 5-star Heroes, a bunch of other consumable resources, and 2 additional Summoner Supports. Re-Act and Auto-Start aren't terribly useful for me (though Auto-Start will at least help for the low-level Training Tower quests).

Though I wonder what happens to the additional Summoner Supports if you stop buying FEH Pass. EDIT: I guess the ones in slots 2 and 3 will just vanish.

Divine Codes: Oooooooh. That's nice. Another chance for them to implement merges for the Askr trio, but I have a sneaking suspicion they still won't do it. Again. But still nice nonetheless.

13 minutes ago, Nym said:

It's not even a fix, +2 to every stat won't probably change a lot for outdated heroes.

37/37 base offenses on Cordelia is huge.

Edited by Ice Dragon

So QoL features that other gacha games like Dragalia Lost and Pokémon Masters implement for free are being offered in FEH behind a paywall? No, absolutely not, I'm not paying for something that should be implemented to make the gameplay experience smoother for everyone. Even the cosmetic additions are greedy, it'd be one thing if they were just changes to make your character look cool, but also giving them stats boost to be better then the regular version is again trying to push people to buy something that gives them perks over other players. 

This is disgusting, I don't know what they're thinking with this pass. 

Just now, Nym said:

It's not even an alt, it's basically Original Lyn 2.0 behind a paywall.

Man the Feh pass turned the feh channel sour.

But hey, they will make seasonal mroe mergable at least.

It's not an entirely new alt, no, but it's close enough. New art and new lines and all.

I guess I can hope Ike eventually gets this treatment though.

Divine Codes are just for manuals eh...

So not terribly useful if you don't have the hero already. Not to mention that they're in a sequence so you have to spend your currency on things you don't need.

Just now, Anacybele said:

It's not an entirely new alt, no, but it's close enough. New art and new lines and all.

Oh don't worry he will. Most popular male character and all.

2 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

37/37 base offenses on Cordelia is huge.

Cordi might be one of the few exceptions to benefit greatly from this. But Lyn, I really doubt it.

2 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I would be surprise if he didn't... as sad it is.

Somehow I knew that divine codes would disappoint me anyway, so I'm just sort of like eh. Also, that Feh Pass annoyed me enough so that I'm kind of numb to anything past it.

What the fuck were they thinking, Feh Pass. They can't even fucking fix the 3-4 star bloat in the summoning pool. Perhaps they should work out all of their other QoL issues before trying to sell us shit.

I think the only thing that would've maybe tipped the scale for me at that price was better summoning odds. I'm still not entirely sure what the costumes do, is it just cosmetic or is +2 to every stat that game breaking? They're already power crept to hell and back. And I have a bad feeling it will only be for super popular characters....

Yeah that stupid pass thing is a huge no to me. I don't mind them doing a pass, but the things they are locking behind it are not right.  Lock QOL changes behind a paywall is horrid and I will be sending feedback. 

CYL 4 results? Expected. This year's Valentine heroes? Not surprised, although I am disappointed we got Faye instead of, say Gray and Clair...ya know, two characters who actually get married. A bunch of events for the anniversary, including free orbs and all that jazz? Cool!

But then...subscription service? SCREW. THAT. That's such a scumbag move. And everything involved in it puts anyone not subscribed at a HUGE disadvantage. All of that crap should be free, or at least only cost 10 bucks for a ONE TIME purchase. Definitely sending feedback about this.

9 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Only one thing in this really pissed me off though, and that's another fucking Lyn. Why is she getting alt after alt EVERY year? There are more popular characters in FE than just her, IS!

It isn't even an alt, it's literally the OG Lyn with an optional new outfit; it's the same unit taking up the same unit slot and everything. OG Ike will get the same treatment in a coming month, I'm sure. Probably within the next 2-4, since these are all planned months in advance.

2 minutes ago, Nym said:

It certainly doesn't fix the bad stat distributions of all the early units, but it brings them from 140~168 to 150~178 which is in line with gen 3 BST (funnily enough, that was one of the things I wanted from the FEH channel, but not like this). They still will be outclassed by newer heroes and their min maxed stats, but having a permanent +2 to everything will let them stay useful for a little longer. 

Man, it really pisses me off how IS thinks it is a good idea to put buffs for old units behind a paywall. Urgh.

1 minute ago, Ottservia said:

Oh don't worry he will. Most popular male character and all.

Pff, didn't help him get as many alts as Lyn and Camilla. Not that I think any of them need that many, but if they're so great enough to get seven+ alts, why couldn't Ike get similar treatment when he's possibly more popular than either? He clearly makes money and the GD banner was the most loved one period since the trailers got more likes than any other.

... Maybe instead of complaining that Ike is not getting the same treatment as Lyn, we can be mad at the overall problem of IS wanting to sell these improvements to us instead of making actual changes in the game, yes?

Oh yeah, ALSO, a measly +2 to stats really doesn't seem like much to a lot of units. I don't see that helping Lyn all that much, honestly. Maybe I'm wrong, I dunno.

AND also: Lysithea. Last time they showed a character at the end of a FEH Channel, a banner with them showed up shortly after. I expect a Three Houses banner very soon.

2 minutes ago, Ottservia said:

Why is Severa always doomed to trapped in Cordelia's shadow? Why IS? Why?!?!

Better that she get an ordinary alt than this.

Also it would only be for Selena, not her.

Wait they wouldn't give Severa and Inigo as reskin of Selena and Laslow, would they?

Edited by Nym

In order:

• I like Fehnix! And I'm interested in this "expanded owl family" thing they have going on. Patrick Seitz knocked it out of the park!
  • For once I could tell who all the silhouettes were! I know Faye's "thing" that makes her popular is her doting on Alm non-stop, but putting her on the same banner as him and Celica as sickening sweethearts is...uncomfortable, to say the least. Rudolf is so random, but I guess he's the "older relative" for Alm to match Conrad. Speaking of...
  • Conrad as a 4* focus! Seasonals have always had "obvious demotes" so it's nice that they finally did something with that.
  • That is one huge guaranteed 5* banner though. Good luck sniping on that thing...
  • Moving "A Hero Rises" to a Voting Gauntlet seems ripe for trolling. Not good.
  • FEH Pass...oh boy.
    • If Resplendent Heroes were just skins that'd be one thing (but I knew the second was Cordelia! So this may be IS' way of fixing the arts everyone hates) but also boosting stats and making them exclusive to Pass owners?!
    • tl;dr: all of the Pass upgrades are sleazy. Especially the Summoner Support upgrade and Re-Act: those should absolutely have been freebies (I've been wishing for a Turnwheel/ Divine Pulse feature in FEH since Echoes came out.)
    • And the price? Yuck.
  • Combat Manuals...again, they could have been so good! I wanted Skill Refines but craftable Combat Manuals was the next best thing...but those are locked behind "Paths" so you have to buy units you don't even want to get to the ones you do? WHY?!
  • The bonus Manuals that require Part 2 codes, whatever. It follows from the above so it doesn't surprise me. Still scummy though.
  • At least the fanart was nice! We got some adorable stuff!
  • And Feh got her cake for once!

...and then we get student!Lysithea, which means the next main banner is 3H. I've come to accept the 3H CYL sweep and that it was a way for people to demand their favorites get added into the game...so the reveal that Lysithea won because CYL just happened to run a week before she was formally revealed is making me feel all sorts of salt I didn't think possible. I swear, if Bernadetta is also part of this banner...

You know, I didn't expect anything going into this, but not only do I now understand the "I expected nothing and I'm still disappointed" meme...well, I'm not just disappointed, I'm furious! What the heck, FEH?!

1 minute ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

Oh yeah, ALSO, a measly +2 to stats really doesn't seem like much to a lot of units. I don't see that helping Lyn all that much, honestly. Maybe I'm wrong, I dunno.

AND also: Lysithea. Last time they showed a character at the end of a FEH Channel, a banner with them showed up shortly after. I expect a Three Houses banner very soon.

I find it hilarious that of course it would be after she placed in CYL. Or was that planned?

I can't tell if Resplendent Heroes are actually new or just the same unit with higher stats. Seems like the latter, though.

The character I would want the most from the Echoes Valentine banner is the freebie and the only other one I might have wanted is possible to get at 4* (though I won't be pulling anyway).

Ya know, I wasn't surprised to see a subscription (I'm actually surprised it took this long), but that's pretty shitty. It's the first time they're fully locking specific content behind a paywall, and some of them (if not all of them) absolutely should be free.

Divine Codes...not really what I expected (though I didn't know what to expect). It's nice, though. More ways for us to get merges and special skills on and from 5* locked units. Maybe the Askr trio will finally be mergeable (haha yeah fat chance).

Lysithea is coming, surprising absolutely no one.