Anniversary Feh Channel Now Live!

Anacybele

6 minutes ago, Silver Lightning said:

I find it hilarious that of course it would be after she placed in CYL. Or was that planned?

They probably used her to tease the banner instead of anyone else because she got second.

Edit: No, she must have been there all along for the joke to work. She was always popular though (especially for her JPN VA), so it doesn't surprise me.

Edited by DefyingFates

• Replies 356
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, Silver Lightning said:

I find it hilarious that of course it would be after she placed in CYL. Or was that planned?

This was probably recorded a couple weeks in advance, with the CYL results added in last-minute. At least, that's what my first assumption would be.

2 minutes ago, Nym said:

Better that she get an ordinary alt than this.

Also it would only be for Selena, not her.

Wait they wouldn't give Severa and Inigo as reskin of Selena and Laslow, would they?

don't know and don't care. I'm just sad right now. I like Cordelia and I like Selena. I just wish IS would acknowledge her existence sometimes

2 minutes ago, Florete said:

I can't tell if Resplendent Heroes are actually new or just the same unit with higher stats. Seems like the latter, though.

It's basically Original Lyn 2.0, Fehnix said once you own Resplendent Lyn, all of your Original Lyn copies will become Resplendent.

9 minutes ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

It isn't even an alt, it's literally the OG Lyn with an optional new outfit; it's the same unit taking up the same unit slot and everything. OG Ike will get the same treatment in a coming month, I'm sure. Probably within the next 2-4, since these are all planned months in advance.

Still close enough, like I said. New art and new dialogue.

7 minutes ago, Ottservia said:

Why is Severa always doomed to trapped in Cordelia's shadow? Why IS? Why?!?!

Cordelia is more popular, unfortunately. I like both characters myself. Severa is a bit relatable for me. Cordelia even more so. I can understand Severa feeling trapped in her mom's shadow. I sometimes feel trapped in the shadow of my cousins from my dad's side of the family. They're all more successful than me and are married and have kids. I don't want kids, but I used to want to get married and get a college degree and a good career. I'm not sure any of those things are in my reach anymore. I am going after an associate's degree currently, but...yeah.

As for Cordelia, I seem to have several talents and I don't really like being praised a lot or given a lot of attention. And a lot of people can relate to having unrequited love... (I don't have any current crushes, but I've had them in the past.) Oh, and the thing I identify with her most on: her flat chest and how she feels about it. I have the exact same problem. I'm flat and I dislike it. I've even considered a boob job. Not just to get rid of the flat chest, but also so I can more properly fit certain ladies shirts. I hate v-necks and some other shirts because they're designed around larger chests. They go down too far for me because my chest is too flat and can't fill the shirt.

That being said, I do wish Severa would get more love.

Edited by Anacybele

• Like Fehnix,  easier on the ears than Feh
  • Cyl 3 winners
  • Bunch of free orbs and tickets
  • Free seasonal. I'm only interested in about 5 of them. Better bite the bullet and embrace for disappointment.
  • Hero Rising Voting Gauntlet Edition. Multiplier shenanigans inbound.
  • Valentines. Okay not too interested in Echoes. Faye is dressing up as Forrest.
  • Wonder if the 4* focus reset the pity rate?
  •  Feh pass would be better if the price was 5 dollars.  +2 to all stats doesn't exactly "fix" units but it's something. Selling the subscription on new art twice a month, qol changes  is odd
  • Divine Codes are solid. Being used for merged or skill. Wonder what decided the placement for the pathways. 
  • Possible 3h banner on the horzion.

Overall this feh channel left me with far too many questions. 

I'm not so upset about the Pass. I think I'll try it out for a month, get myself that Lyn and see if it's worth it. If not, I'll only get it with characters I like. Other than that, nothing amazing suprising. I'm excited for all those orbs, as I'm close to 1000 orbs for Catherine.

Speak of which, I wonder if Catherine will be apart of that banner with Lysithea? I'm guessing not, haha. Since I'm guessing she Red and so is Lysithea. A man can dream lol. Guess we will wait and see. Maybe she will be the GHB? XD

Wow...pura caca. I didn’t think they’d make an anniversary so bad it’d make last year’s anniversary feel like a masterpiece. 

They spent more time trying to sell us on the Feh Pass crap and qol improvements that are behind said paywall. 

Terrible, terrible. 

The only good thing would be the free Silque for me. 

Edited by Lord-Zero

I’m really happy that Conrad and a future seasonal from here on out will be 4*. Some of them honestly HAVE been 4*s from their release lol. 

That Lysithea teaser tho!

also divine codes are perfect for me!! as someone who dreads foddering my units, this will be a guilt free way to get some premium skllls on my favorites 

You guys are definitely downplaying Divine Codes. Merges are pretty meh, but the real point of them is that they're low key giving players very, very premium fodder. With a bit of effort, I'm not disappointed at all. I hate that you'll have to waste codes on useless manuals before getting to the good stuff but I like the flexibility they give you with paths at least. Probably the highlight for me.

New and special heroes having a *4 focus in addition to a *5 focus is a really neat idea but I think they underestimate just how low of a percentage 3 is. I don't see this really fixing the availability issue for most players, but at least some will get lucky so that's pretty cool. 

Free stuff is always great. I hate that they cut down to 1 banner for the free summon instead of 2 though. You have an extremely low chance of getting any unit you're actually aiming for. Still it's free, can't complain.

A Hero Rises is cool. Particularly because unlike last time with L!Ike there's no real clear winner here. I legit have no idea who everyone is going to rally for. Please rally for a powerful unit that helps everyone (like NY!Alfonse) and not be greedy with Hector or something like that. Sothis would be a nice pick also... EDIT:... Problem is the Voting Gauntlet. I could see this going really sour... yeah that was a terrible idea actually.

SoV banner is an easy skip. But good for you fans of the game. Given the theme of the banner however, the choices are... odd. Alm and Celica are fine but... then you have stalker of Alm who's clearly taken... Celica's brother... ok... Silque... ok... still no romantic themes. And... King of kingdom... yep. Ok.

Overall everything above actually exceeded my expectations by a little. You guys are downplaying 50% of the FEH channel. There was some neat stuff in here I think. Nothing ground breaking but them finally taking advantage of Combat Manuals is a pretty big thing. Especially if you're not swimming in fodder or you don't have specific fodder you want.

Now... let's touch on the hard stuff.

FEH Pass is cancerous.... Map conveniences, Summoner Support x3, an Auto-Replay and Rewind button and special quests for additional rewards? That's a lot... but then they hit you with the Gen 1 unit buffs... locking Resplendent Heroes behind a paywall is just scummy. It'll be even worse if they introduce new skills for those older characters. Resplendent Ike, Chrom, Lloyd, Matthew, I can see a lot of characters people will really want to be buffed and given fresh art and it isn't even remotely fair to lock even half of these benefits behind a paywall.

The fact that I'm almost inclined to spend the $10 just for better Lyn should let you know how passionate some people are about these characters, it makes me kind of sick as well. If it was going to have a price it should have been a one time purchase of $10-25 or maybe a fee of $3-5 a month. But to be real, with maybe the exception of the FEH pass quests, every QoL change should have been free along with those heroes.

This would have been a decent channel had the Pass been half the price, and an amazing one had it all been free. As it stands this is an outrageous cash grab considering how outrageous FEH's orb prices already are. I'm disappointed...

21 minutes ago, Nym said:

Cordi might be one of the few exceptions to benefit greatly from this. But Lyn, I really doubt it.

I would be surprise if he didn't... as sad it is.

15 minutes ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

Oh yeah, ALSO, a measly +2 to stats really doesn't seem like much to a lot of units. I don't see that helping Lyn all that much, honestly. Maybe I'm wrong, I dunno.

You two underestimate +2 to all stats. With that boost a +0 Lyn has a spread of 39/30/39/28/31 which is pretty freaking respectable. 30/39 isn't a groundbreaking offensive spread by any means but with a boon she's looking at 33/39 offenses which is a pretty modern spread by today's standards. 

A lot of characters just need a little push to become viable or even good. +10 BST is actually a lot.

Edited by Zeo

8 minutes ago, Florete said:

I can't tell if Resplendent Heroes are actually new or just the same unit with higher stats. Seems like the latter, though.

Seems to be same unit with +2 to stats, and alternate art/sprite/voice, and I guess by simply having them, your old versions of that same unit get all that too. So, if you already had Lyn, you'd get another copy, and both get stat boosts and alternate art/sprite/voice. Seems pretty nice if the character is someone you really like and want a stat boost or free copy.

For everyone that says FEH Pass should be $5, I'm genuinely curious and have a question:

Are you accounting for the fact that the FEH Pass appears to already include $5 worth of orbs per month in it?

EDIT: Also, would you buy it if FEH Pass were dropped to $5/month, but no longer included orbs in the bonus quests?

@Zeo @Jingle Jangle @Silver Lightning @Gordin @DefyingFates

Edited by Ice Dragon

7 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Cordelia is more popular, unfortunately. I like both characters myself. Severa is a bit relatable for me. Cordelia even more so. I can understand Severa feeling trapped in her mom's shadow. I sometimes feel trapped in the shadow of my cousins from my dad's side of the family. They're all more successful than me and are married and have kids. I don't want kids, but I used to want to get married and get a college degree and a good career. I'm not sure any of those things are in my reach anymore. I am going after an associate's degree currently, but...yeah.

As for Cordelia, I seem to have several talents and I don't really like being praised a lot or given a lot of attention. And a lot of people can relate to having unrequited love... (I don't have any current crushes, but I've had them in the past.) Oh, and the thing I identify with her most on: her flat chest and how she feels about it. I have the exact same problem. I'm flat and I dislike it. I've even considered a boob job. Not just to get rid of the flat chest, but also so I can more properly fit certain ladies shirts. I hate v-necks and some other shirts because they're designed around larger chests. They go down too far for me because my chest is too flat and can't fill the shirt.

Yeah They're both great characters that I love immensely as you can no doubt attest to. Also wow, you and I have a lot more in common than you might think. I have exact same feelings towards my cousins and on my dad's side of the family to boot. Strange how that works. Honestly I wouldn't be as upset right now if Cordelia didn't get ANOTHER alt. Like come on that's just throwing salt in the wound

I think the prices on orbs and the Feh Pass are fair. I'm surprised people think they're outrageous.

I'm more bothered by how much of a disadvantage I'll be at if I can't buy it or have to stop paying for it if I do buy it.

I'll probably get FEH Pass just for months where I care about the heroes. I think I'd have it more often (and just never buy orbs) if I was still in the earlier stages of the game, but at this stage, I don't want for much. I think it's fine enough, and about what I'd expect from a premium service. Certainly better than orb packs.

Codes seem like they'll probably be lit.

22 minutes ago, Ottservia said:

Why is Severa always doomed to trapped in Cordelia's shadow? Why IS? Why?!?!

They're likely gonna put in Severa soon anyways. It's also probably a reference to the fact that that's... well... just how it is for them. Don't worry, though, at some point Selena/Severa will clap everyone' cheeks with a new alt! She kinda deserves it at this point.

Also Cordelia is better stat fodder. Int Sys might want to make her something other than that now.

Edited by Benice

Considering for the fact that QOL improvements are locked behind the paywall, I would argue that any charge for them is outrageous. The pack should have just been the orbs + Resplendent Heroes in a subscription, or like, something else? I don't think it is unreasonable to shame a company (gacha at that) for shady practices; I'm not too concerned for them. 

Is there any stand out unit, both for performance and fodder that would be good to rally? Also I forget how AHR works, is it consecutive daily voting or just one vote?

10 minutes ago, Zeo said:

You two underestimate +2 to all stats. With that boost a +0 Lyn has a spread of 39/30/39/28/31 which is pretty freaking respectable. 30/39 isn't a groundbreaking offensive spread by any means but with a boon she's looking at 33/39 offenses which is a pretty modern spread by today's standards. 

A lot of characters just need a little push to become viable or even good. +10 BST is actually a lot.

I disagree.

+2 to all stats will benefit Cordelia because she's a 3/4 star hero which means she's easily to merge. What's more, she was always was a good unit and now she has a refine that benefit her strong offensive playstyle. Even in a saturated pool, she stands out.

But Lyn will need more than two more in each stats to compete with the different red swords infantry that are more easy to merge and have better refine weapons than her. Yours will be okay if she is +10 already, but anyone with just a unmerged Lyn isn't good to see much of a difference.

Stats don't mean everything.

Edited by Nym

Well, I submitted my negative feedback. I won't be buying any orb packs, at all until the quality of life features from FEH pass are made free.

6 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I think the prices on orbs and the Feh Pass are fair. I'm surprised people think they're outrageous.

I'm more bothered by how much of a disadvantage I'll be at if I can't buy it or have to stop paying for it if I do buy it.

FEH is already an expensive game if you want to be competitive. But it isn't the price. It's the principle. Multi summoner support, multi-queue, and turn resets should all be free game improvements.

1 minute ago, Silver Lightning said:

Is there any stand out unit, both for performance and fodder that would be good to rally? Also I forget how AHR works, is it consecutive daily voting or just one vote?

It is like CYL in that you vote for a week.  My picks for voting are going to be: L!Azura, L!Leif and Duo!Hector since those are all three great units.

10 minutes ago, Ottservia said:

Yeah They're both great characters that I love immensely as you can no doubt attest to. Also wow, you and I have a lot more in common than you might think. I have exact same feelings towards my cousins and on my dad's side of the family to boot. Strange how that works. Honestly I wouldn't be as upset right now if Cordelia didn't get ANOTHER alt. Like come on that's just throwing salt in the wound

Huh, maybe we do have a good bit in common! Interesting. I'm kind of in my mom's shadow too since she's got a bachelor's and is a military vet, but because she's my mom and obviously much older, I'm much more inclined to be proud of her than jealous. My cousins are of course closer in age to me.

I get it, yeah. It does kinda feel like throwing salt in the would. But I'm sure Severa or Selena will eventually get an alt.

Now...even though I'm not expecting Sylvain to be in the upcoming TH banner, I will still be sad if he isn't... I still want him so bad.

Edited by Anacybele

The FEH Pass would have been a thing to consider if any trust still remained between Nintendo's mobile division and me. Would have to rewind more than two years for that though. The last time I spent money on the game remains the BK Value Meal.

Ironically perhaps the cynical nature of locking QoL improvements behind the paywall makes me even less likely to pay any sort of money towards the game, even if it's technically "adding value".

The rest of it is fine, no surprises, level of generosity is about equal to last year's, etc etc.