Anniversary Feh Channel Now Live!

Anacybele

Yeah, add me to the "not cool about the FEH pass being a thing" group. At least the units we know are involved aren't necessarily game-breakers, but this still is a sour predatory taste after what happened with Mario Kart Tour having a subscription service that heavily had a "pay to win" impact (and even then, it was cheaper than FEH's). At the very least, we can just hear the voice clips on YT, but this is quite the hole the devs dug themselves into (or whoever responsible for it, for all we know IS was forced too with the recent trend of Nintendo mobile subscription services). I'll at least drop my feedback and hope they listen.

8 minutes ago, ZeManaphy said:

How Rudolf even alive? He died before Alm and Celica were married. Not terribly interested in Conrad or anyone else though.

Greil was in last year's banner, and the others in that banner acknowledged him as someone supposed to be dead. I don't think FEH cares much for continuity when both normal and soul-sold Berkut exist. 😛

• Replies 356
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, Anacybele said:

That is a fair point, yeah. Well, I'm always hoping Sylvain gets in some way regardless. lol Popular or not, he's still my most desired character that's not yet in the game.

Yeah. Thats why I said that. Popular or not, these characters may he added soon. Lysithea is an example.

CYL4 results: Nothing special.

Anniversary freebies: I like getting 15 summoning tickets, many orbs and the hero fest banners for CYL. I'll use this as an opportunity to get Brave Micaiah merges. Rerunning BHBs and their associated banners is nice too because there are a few I didn't complete such as Alm and Celica because I didn't play the game back then. A free unit is cool as well and the ability to vote as a community. The VG will be pretty crazy but I don't really mind because the top 8 units voted will probably all be good candidates. A free 3rd year special hero unit is pretty meh but better than last time where we got a year 1 and year 2 freebie considering how the year 1 mostly sucked unless you got lucky. Overall, I like this.

Valentines Valentia: Nothing special but I dislike how Celica is reduced as a cheerleader for Alm. It also didn't make much sense with Sharena because she's just as much of a fighter as Alfonse but one could argue Sharena is Alfonse's Lissa or Mist but Celica is a full fledged lord.

FEH Pass: Giving additional stats to units just because you pay is dumb. It's like devil flowers except only people who pay money get access to this. I don't mind updated art though as anyone can just search it up, even F2P players. I think rewinding turns makes the game a lot easier so I'm fine with this being a premium benefit. But they need to allow you to undo a single miss-click for everyone and in all modes if they can rewind entire turns for paying players. I'm fine with FEH pass users getting more freebies per month because it's not very different from paying for orbs. Locking QoL features such as the ability to redo maps without player input is dumb. Imagine if IS started this service earlier and decided that other QoL updates were restricted by the pass. Since I'm F2P, the FEH pass is a pass for me. I don't really care about this and the problematic parts of this service does make this a net negative effect on my view of this FEH channel.

Divine codes: There was a surprising lack of information such as the costs per heroes, which heroes we can get, how many paths, etc. Also, where do you get these special divine codes from? I would like some Shannas. Overall, I am disappointed with the lack of information but the concept is promising.

Overall, I think this FEH channel was disappointing. I don't care about FEH pass because I'm a F2P player yet a lot of time was spent on it. More time should have been spent on divine codes, fleshing that out instead as all kinds of players can benefit from it. 

13 minutes ago, Zeo said:

No. The problem isn't the price relative to the amount of orbs received, but the fact that general conveniences are locked behind it. It should be free, full stop. The orbs only really cushion the blow. In fact, best case scenario is that if it was $5 then the only thing you'd get for the subscription would be the quests and maybe the Summoner Support perk. 

For me? If you were going to charge at all, a solid $15-30 for a one time purchase would have been alright. Even if you wanted to be a little scummy and say $50-60 for the subscription that would have been fair. Instead of $120 a year (which is effectively the price here) you'd be paying half that for this year and every year thereafter.

That would have been the way to make people pay, not this. This is not the way.

Okay, I see where you're coming from.

I personally also believe that the Re-Act and Auto-Play features really should be free. Quality-of-life features really should always be free.

However, I also think that Resplendent Heroes, the bonus quests, and the extra support slots are worth the price even without Re-Act and Auto-Play tacked on.

11 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

You will lose Summoner Support for the slot 2 and 3, only keeping the slot 1.

@LordFrigid

I assume that slot 2 and slot 3 will stay in the UI and perhaps just be locked, though, with the units still sitting there, but with no stat boosts. It would kind of suck if you fully lost those support levels every time you forgot to renew by an hour.

11 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

And @Ice Dragon, thanks to your explanation, I understood that the Feh Pass has a "Fair" price.

Knee-jerk reactions generally don't do people any good when their life isn't at risk.

Though it would all be for naught if they didn't actually give out 5 orbs every half month.

Edited by Ice Dragon

2 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I wouldn't get your hopes up. A lot of other TH characters not in the game yet are way above her if CYL is anything to go by. I've said I'm not even expecting Sylvain because even though he stayed in the top ten guys and top 20 overall, he's still beaten by two other guys from his own house as well as a few TH females. IS would surely be more inclined to add them first.

I only hold onto a tiny hope because IS HAS included less popular characters over more popular ones from the same game before. I just feel the chances of this happening here are lower.

I'm holding on for hope because Rhea, Shamir and Catherine are all high up and they could do a Church banner. Plus, IS loves female sword wielders. I think she did really well, considering. 

Chances are it's a Golden Deer banner, or just a student banner. So I'm not expecting her this time, unless she is the GHB. Though she is important, as she has the first relic you see, and she's kinda the Jagan haha. But only time will tell. In the mean time, I'm excited for another 3H banner.

And I'm excited for that new Lyn costume XD that's worth the 10 dollars to me, at least once haha.

28 minutes ago, Zeo said:

You two underestimate +2 to all stats. With that boost a +0 Lyn has a spread of 39/30/39/28/31 which is pretty freaking respectable. 30/39 isn't a groundbreaking offensive spread by any means but with a boon she's looking at 33/39 offenses which is a pretty modern spread by today's standards. 

A lot of characters just need a little push to become viable or even good. +10 BST is actually a lot.

I think I'm mis-remembering what the stats of Gen 1 launch units are.

10 minutes ago, Othin said:

Yeah, this is way more significant for Cordelia than for Lyn. Hopefully the Resplendent Heroes don't get much more significant than Cordelia... who am I kidding, they probably will.

Resplendent Heroes seem like a way to fix unpopular arts (Cordelia) and to profit off of "popular" characters without the backlash of giving them new alts (Lyn). In other words, expect Resplendent Camilla, Lucina, Seth, characters like that.

16 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

You will lose Summoner Support for the slot 2 and 3, only keeping the slot 1.

Hm. Good to know, thanks.

10 minutes ago, Landmaster said:

Have we got the Okuma tiddie fanart posted here yet?

Spoiler

img_20200202_01-8.png

That one, right?

And then all of it is on the main site here: https://fire-emblem-heroes.com/en/topics/index.html?id=detail-20200202-1

The Idunn & Fae one is precious.

Edited by LordFrigid
Link now goes directly to the art.

A lot of people underselling +2 to all stats. 

Its +10 BST, a two gen jump in BST on average. Its the same boost as maxing out dragonflowers on a Gen 1 infantry unit without spending an in game resources and it applies to all copies of that unit you have and can be on units other than infantry. Its a summoner support minus the HP bonus and without limits. It can be stacked with a summoner support and dragonflowers. 

For a jack of all trades type character +2 to all stats is huge. For a glass cannon its huge. For a tank its huge and probably desperately needed at this point. Even for a poorly stated unit like OG Lyn it helps them have a better chance of being usable. 

Don't forget units like Brave Ike, Brave Lucina, Brave Roy, and Brave Lyn are all Gen 1 units. Sigurd goes up to somewhat horrifying 43/37/34/36/19 while still having the second most BST for a sword calvary unit in the game before this bonus, and while still having his sword and B slot to work off of. That's 169 BST before flowers or merges or supports. Young Tiki already has a build that lets her have 40 stats across the board when at +10 merges and supports/flowers, now its going to be 42 across the board on top of being anti-dragon and regenerating her own health.

Is it going to break the game in half? No. But its going to significantly open up the tool box of options for those who go for the service. Its going to make AR-D teams that much more difficult to defeat, or AR-O teams that much more difficult to stop. Could easily see them include GHB units in this system, which would be a big difference as they can't get IVs to min-max better. Its paying for a direct advantage that cannot be obtained any other way, the wheels greased by updated art which some units desperately need. 

Just imagine what happens when eventually they move on from Gen 1 units and start hitting Gen 2 units. Or units even newer than that. Once the ball gets rolling if you aren't in AR21 you ain't ever going to get there without trying to play catchup. 

The stupid thing is, that's the only part that really upsets me about the pass, the +2 to all stats along with the additional summoner support slots. You wanna add in some QoL features, some currency flowing in, and even some new art for heroes at a subscription rate? Meh go for it, its basically the same as buying the monthly deal every month. The moment it directly includes stat buffs and free units, you're crossing a line. 

Overall, this Feh Channel is a disappointment.

CYL winners: pretty much expected since the interim results and already knew ahead time due to the data getting leaked

Hero Fest banners: nice that we're getting freebie tickets but eh.

Year 3 seasonal pull: ugh, disgusting with how many seasonal banners were released that year -- enough that there was a banner for almost every month on average

BHB reruns: quest orbs and free summons I guess

A Hero Rises: was glad to see it come back... until I saw that a VG event (that ultimately determines which unit gets distributed) is attached to it. Ugh... It's about as scummy as how some Halloween TF2 maps determine the winning team during a round (main combat phase and then minigame phase -- winning the combat phase only grants some small advantage to the team during the minigame phase while the minigame phase ultimately determines which wins/loses the full round).

Valentines 2020: Oh no. Duo Alm has Lunar Flash, Bonus Doubler, and Lull Atk/Spd. He's going to be a headache.

Divine Codes: kind of meh since you don't really get a lot of freedom on what manuals you get. And it kind of sucks for players who want to merge but don't have an existing unit (let alone one with the desired Asset). I guess it's nice for those who want premium/seasonal fodder but the item is time-gated and locked behind a P2W gamemode and a subscription service.

Feh Pass: saving the ugly for last. Bunch of QoL stuff locked behind a paywall when it's already free on other gacha games like Dragalia Lost. Reskins that come with a permanent stat boost is nice but I can see it going out of control or IS is just going to continue ramping up powercreep like they're already doing with Duo Alm and such.

Just now, Water Mage said:

I wonder who’s decision was to make the FEH pass. IS wasn’t this greedy when FEH started. Are FEH done by a different team than the ones that make the main games? Maybe there was some major shift in who’s commanding each team. I would explain why they made such a dumb decision because there’s no way they think this would be well received.

My guess is someone within Nintendo that's part of the mobile team is pushing for subscription services. Mario Kart Tour got it, Animal Crossing got it added, and now FEH.

1 minute ago, TheNiddo said:

Its +10 BST, a two gen jump in BST on average. Its the same boost as maxing out dragonflowers on a Gen 1 infantry unit

Oh, shit. I totally forgot that Lyn gets an extra +1 to all stats from Dragonflowers compared to more recent units.

With full Dragonflower investment, that puts her at 41/32/41/30/33, which is pretty decent compared to some more recent units (even if her weapon is a bit outdated):

• Rutger: 45/33/40/30/25 with Dragonflowers
  • Fallen Mareeta: 43/34/42/30/24 with Dragonflowers
  • Female Byleth: 41/35/41/34/22 with Dragonflowers

I'll probably subscribe, seeing how FEH isn't getting a dime out of me otherwise anymore. I can afford $10 a month. Especially since I hardly find time anymore to finish even Tempest Trials. That auto-finish based on stamina will be a godsend. This is one way I can continue to give my support. 

11 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

For everyone that says FEH Pass should be $5, I'm genuinely curious and have a question:

Are you accounting for the fact that the FEH Pass appears to already include $5 worth of orbs per month in it?

EDIT: Also, would you buy it if FEH Pass were dropped to $5/month, but no longer included orbs in the bonus quests?

@Zeo @Jingle Jangle @Silver Lightning @Gordin @DefyingFates

I didn't took into account of the 6 dollar orb bundle but comparing with other subscriptions. If it were 10 dollars for several months then it would sounds better. Heroes orb costs are on the pricier end, feel even cheaper with the lack of major changes to the summoning system for a while.  Showing off (popular I assuming ) 2 heroes a month super modes is nice but who knows if the characters I want will be there. If it were 5$ per month with no orbs I guess I'll take it. Just taken of the triple summoner support; I'm anticipating all kinds of annoying AD threat more buffed.   I'm a bit jaded by how IS spent a 3rd of the video to push it. 

13 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

Ugh, so ...

Which characters were we trying to pick for this year's A Hero Rises? Duo Hero? Legendary? Mythic? Do I just say fuck it and pick someone I want even if they have no shot? Someone give me an idea here.

I suggest Mythic or Legendary heroes. Voting for regular heroes is a waste. It's the only chance to get those rare heroes without being afraid of being pity broken by someone else.

15 minutes ago, Zeo said:

Now I want you to look at Soleil. A perfectly strong unit that's overshadowed by modern swordies. Her problem? Lack of Prf or strong inherent skills. Because of that she's inferior to a lot of swordies despite being respectable herself, but give her a Slaying Edge and a premium kit and suddenly she's performing at 80% of those shiny new unit's max potential. Lyn's prf is outdated, improve that and you could completely change the dynamic of the character. The 2nd biggest edge that new units have is the powerful skills and prfs they come with. a 39 SPD Lyn with Close Call 3 is a genuine threat. It's hard to merge her, that's her problem like you said, but remedy that (hopefully in April) and she'd be genuinely viable.

Stats don't mean everything, but they're literally half of the reason why older units are outdated. Resplendent Lyn boosting stats is one thing. But what happens when she gets Sol Katti with a Slaying + Wo Dao + Holsety effect? Suddenly she's a tier 1 threat.

IS will not go back on the older refines any time soon I'm afraid. We are at the 3rd anniversary and I am not even sure half of the gen 1 heroes even have a refine yet.

Also any hero can be a threat with premium fodder as long as it makes a minimum amount of sense. I don't have any doubts that OG Lyn can be a threat with Close Call but so is for example, Izuki, and this guy has both a lot of stats, easy to merge and a strong PRF weapon. Soleil as you mention can be just as scary with Close call, literally anyone that doesn't have Delthea's level of twig defenses can be scary.

But as strong as a hero is, there's only so far that a Silver Lance or a bad refine will carry you.

Edited by Nym

throwing this out there

disappointment is okay, fine, relatable, and agreed upon by me, integrity serenes forest, real celebrity. i am also disappointed by the feh pass.

screaming about how garbage this decision is and how this game is going into the pits is gonna eat you a warn.

13 minutes ago, Landmaster said:

MAY SOTHIS BLESS YOU AND YOUR CROPS

Can Sothis make my Aether Resort garden grow more than 10 Dragonflowers per week?

2 minutes ago, Glennstavos said:

Go back to the 100 Acre Wood, old man.

I enjoyed this far more than I should have.

Vote for an offense mythic hero as they are more valuable than their defense counterparts. Furthermore, they help in Mjolnir strike to score higher. Astra season is terrible if you don't have a single mythic hero so I recommend voting for Naga or Altina. I prefer Altina myself but Naga is a superior support unit. 

8 minutes ago, silverserpent said:

I'll probably subscribe, seeing how FEH isn't getting a dime out of me otherwise anymore. I can afford $10 a month. Especially since I hardly find time anymore to finish even Tempest Trials. That auto-finish based on stamina will be a godsend. This is one way I can continue to give my support. 

if i take account snacks and stuff i buy in  a week - if i cut that out i can easily afford the pass. 
I'll be dead honest with y'all - the extra quality of life stuff - i didn't even really look at it, i'm probably never going to use it - 

If for 10ish dollars i can get the same amount of orbs (In a monthly pack) and two units in a special outfit. I can completely dig it and that's worth giving up a Salted Chocolate Chunk cookie, and some tea at my local coffee shop.