Anniversary Feh Channel Now Live!

Anacybele

17 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

Ugh, so ...

Which characters were we trying to pick for this year's A Hero Rises? Duo Hero? Legendary? Mythic? Do I just say fuck it and pick someone I want even if they have no shot? Someone give me an idea here.

I think the most generally useful units in the game are Legendary Azura, Legendary Alm, Legendary Leif, Altina, and Duo Hector. I wouldn't be surprised to see Winter Sothis in the running, though.

1 minute ago, Glennstavos said:

wtf who is this old fart owl? Go back to the 100 Acre Wood, old man. A Feh Channel without Feh is unwatchable. Skip!

Galar has invaded Askr.

• Replies 356
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, GespenstMK2S said:

The big thing that got me disappointed in the FEH pass is that the QoL updates are locked in it. I do hope that this doesn't start a trend where such QoL updates are only locked to the subscribers.

this is a good example of a fine way to be disappointed by the disappointing part of the update, cheers

Edited by Integrity

1 minute ago, daisy jane said:

if i take account snacks and stuff i buy in  a week - if i cut that out i can easily afford the pass. 
I'll be dead honest with y'all - the extra quality of life stuff - i didn't even really look at it, i'm probably never going to use it - 

If for 10ish dollars i can get the same amount of orbs (In a monthly pack) and two units in a special outfit. I can completely dig it and that's worth giving up a Salted Chocolate Chunk cookie, and some tea at my local coffee shop. 

Exactly. Cutting out just one or two take-out meals would cover the cost of the pass. It's cheaper to eat at home, anyway.

Looking over the special hero summon options by color, based on my current goals:

• Red (11): Elise/Lilina/Anna > Ike/Palla > Zephiel > Sigrun/Helbindi > Flora/Ishtar/Hector
  • Blue (12): Lyn/Alfonse > Soren/Marisa/Berkut/Nino > Pent/Laegjarn > Ryoma/Lukas/Tanith > Ilyana
  • Green (11): Reinhardt/Sothis > Mist/L'Arachel > Felicia/Lethe > Veronica/Laevatein > Hinoka/Greil/Wolt
  • Colorless (10): Fjorm/Marth > Sakura/Nephenee > Ursula/Dozla > Genny/Gunnthra > Bruno/Selkie

Takeaway is, most of these are okay but only have a handful of units I really care about - aside from the ones I already have, that are on the bottom as a result. I'm thinking red > blue > colorless > green, although that would have been different if I'd waited before pulling for Hinoka. Whoops.

Oh right, forgot about seasonal summon. Thinking maybe grey as it has the fewest amount of heroes that I actively Do Not Want. Putting the list of eligible heroes here for my own convenience as much as anyone else's.

cepq9ttcgfe41.jpg

5 minutes ago, Othin said:

Looking over the special hero summon options by color, based on my current goals:

• Red (11): Elise/Lilina/Anna > Ike/Palla > Zephiel > Sigrun/Helbindi > Flora/Ishtar/Hector
  • Blue (12): Lyn/Alfonse > Soren/Marisa/Berkut/Nino > Pent/Laegjarn > Ryoma/Lukas/Tanith > Ilyana
  • Green (11): Reinhardt/Sothis > Mist/L'Arachel > Felicia/Lethe > Veronica/Laevatein > Hinoka/Greil/Wolt
  • Colorless (10): Fjorm/Marth > Sakura/Nephenee > Ursula/Dozla > Genny/Gunnthra > Bruno/Selkie

Takeaway is, most of these are okay but only have a handful of units I really care about - aside from the ones I already have, that are on the bottom as a result. I'm thinking red > blue > colorless > green, although that would have been different if I'd waited before pulling for Hinoka. Whoops.

Yeah, I wouldn't care much to get a lot of these either. A few I would (GD Ike is my most wanted for merging, and then I'd like having dancer Reinhardt, picnic Flora, Halloween Ilyana, and I guess I wouldn't mind Marth + Elice, picnic Genny, or bride Fjorm either. But the others...eh. I just think we should be able to pick the 5 star we want like in the CYL banners. When it's random, if we end up with a character we already have or don't need, well, it just sucks.

Edited by Anacybele

Yeesh, gotta throw my hat in with the "I do not like this FEH Pass" crowd as well.

I'll probably still buy it, to be perfectly honest, but it does leave a foul taste in my mouth. Even if gacha is gacha, there wasn't anything in the game you needed to shell out real-world cash to obtain, which is why I've supported it for so long. The special deals involving Aether Stones and Heroic Grails skirted the line of P2W tyranny, but they weren't necessary, they just sped things up and removed some RNG. But now we're getting features that are strictly locked behind a paygate, and I feel like that sets a poor precedent going forward, especially since some of those features are quality of life changes the game should've had from the start.

This whole venture honestly feels like Nintendo wants to try a subscription service on a more successful mobile game after the flop that was Mario Kart Tour. The usual reason for a subscription is that the company needs money to keep the game afloat, but from what I've seen FEH has been doing pretty well, so suddenly making a subscription service strikes me as very odd.

Edited by Some Jerk

42 minutes ago, ZeManaphy said:

How Rudolf even alive? He died before Alm and Celica were married. Not terribly interested in Conrad or anyone else though.

Children meeting fathers who are no longer alive is a recurring theme for this seasonal banner. See: Ike and Mist with Greil last year, and Lilina and Roy with young Hector and Eliwood the first year.

I'm going to pretend that pass doesn't exist.  My goal is to get through this game while being F2P, and this pass isn't going to help.

Yes, even if Leon gets his stuff.

As for everything else. . .I guess I'm going red for the special banner, in the hopes that I can snag Helbindi.  Hope they run something like this again, because trying for seasonals is rough.

@Ice Dragon

Yeah. Even though the Auto-Start features should not be paid, because others games have it for Free, the price is not bad.

This is the price of a 23 orbs pack, right? We will get 10 orbs, 240 Divine Codes, 70 Divine Dews and 100 Heroic Grails from quests, and 2 5* Heroes (even though some of them may be 3-4* Heroes, like Cordelia), that I believe will be from Book 1 and maybe Book 2 (I do not expect Book 3 and 4 at all). Lyn, for example, will combine the +2 from flowers with the +2 from the Resplendent costume, and maybe the extra stats for Summoner Support? Thats a good stat boost, even though it's paid. I do not believe the Resplendent stat boost will affect the BST, like dragonflowers.

Like I said, I may get the Pass for Months that have a unit that I like (Marth, for example). Lyn and Cordelia are a easy skip for me, since I do not use any of them.

I believe the Replendent alts and Stats boosts are permanent, even if you cancels the Pass.

33 minutes ago, DefyingFates said:

Resplendent Heroes seem like a way to fix unpopular arts (Cordelia) and to profit off of "popular" characters without the backlash of giving them new alts (Lyn). In other words, expect Resplendent Camilla, Lucina, Seth, characters like that.

Yeah, that sounds about right. Hopefully they stick with early units for as long as possible.

I wonder if Laslow and Severa could get Resplendent versions as Inigo and Selena.

Just now, Othin said:

I wonder if Laslow and Severa could get Resplendent versions as Inigo and Selena.

Lol you mixed the names.

Please no, that's what I said earlier and I hope I am really wrong.

22 minutes ago, daisy jane said:

if i take account snacks and stuff i buy in  a week - if i cut that out i can easily afford the pass. 
I'll be dead honest with y'all - the extra quality of life stuff - i didn't even really look at it, i'm probably never going to use it - 

If for 10ish dollars i can get the same amount of orbs (In a monthly pack) and two units in a special outfit. I can completely dig it and that's worth giving up a Salted Chocolate Chunk cookie, and some tea at my local coffee shop. 

I'm literally never using that autobattle or restart stuff, TBH

Well maybe autobattle but the restart thing is just there for me

1. CYL Winners - Not surprising given recency bias and the popularity of Three Houses. While a part of me wanted to try and vote each day for Duessel, it wasn't really worth it in the end. However, as I like all the winners, it doesn't bother me that they all won.

2. Anniversary Events - Fairly standard affair with tons of stuff to do around anniversary. Nothing in particular caught my eye.

3. Valentine's Banner - Since I absolutely love Shadows of Valentia, seeing them get alts is nice.

4. Summoning Focus Changes - Huh, so there's a chance to get one of the features heroes as a 4*? A part of me wondered why not everyone got a 4* counterpart, but then I remembered this is Fire Emblem Heroes and not other games (Another Eden, Dragalia Lost). I suppose there's no need to guess who's getting demoted anymore as it happens right on the banner.

5. Divine Codes - I haven't touched FEH in a long while, so most of this stuff went over my head. Hopefully its a good addition to the game to those who play regularly.

6. FEH Pass - Oh boy...
-- Resplendent Heroes: If it was just exclusive character skins, I would be okay with it. However, the fact that they also add stat boosts, locked behind a paywall, makes it definitive pay to win, even if it is supposedly "minor" in increases or supporting outdated heroes.
== Ah, and it looks like the subscription just grants the Resplendents of that month. If you subscribe later, you will need to purchase the older skins separately. (And you have to be subscribed in the first place to even purchase earlier Resplendents ...)
-- Feh Pass Quests: They just seem to give bonus items that help speed progression along, but normal players have access to these, just at a reduced rate. I'm fine with this.
-- Summoner Support Expansion: Once again, locking stat boosts behind a paywall ruffles my feathers. This should have been given to everyone.
-- Re-Act: Essentially a paid Mila's Turnwheel, but can only go back a maximum of one turn. Another paid feature locked behind a paywall that most players don't have access.
-- Auto-Start: Seriously, they are locking a Repeat function behind a paywall? This screams of greed.

Honestly, I don't care about the price and if its worth it or not. It's the moral implications that bother me the most. Alas, as I don't play anymore, my opinion is likely mute...

In an alternative reality where I was in charge of FEH Pass, I would...

1. Resplendent Heroes - Subscribers get access to all Resplendent skins, as long as they remain subscribed. // There are no stat boosts here whatsoever.
2. FEH Pass Quests - Subscribers get access to exclusive quests that grant additional materials. // As normal players can already obtain these materials, it is fine for a paying player to get them at a faster rate.
3. Increased SP Gain & Hero Merit - Subscribers gain SP and Hero Merits at a faster rate. // As the cap remains the same for normal and subscribers, all that happens is that subs get to the cap faster.

The rest of the features would be given out for free as a regular update.

Feh pass is dumb but I gotta say I'm surprised that I like the Askr outfits so much on Lyn and Cordelia (who I thought was Lucina from the silhouette, I was shocked it wasn't tbh). Not generally a fan of the Askr aesthetic but they look good.

1 minute ago, Book Bro said:

Feh pass is dumb but I gotta say I'm surprised that I like the Askr outfits so much on Lyn and Cordelia (who I thought was Lucina from the silhouette, I was shocked it wasn't tbh). Not generally a fan of the Askr aesthetic but they look good.

Lyn has a Nifl outfit, though...

Waiting for Muspell Reinhardt.

Edited by Ice Dragon

35 minutes ago, Icelerate said:

Vote for an offense mythic hero as they are more valuable than their defense counterparts. Furthermore, they help in Mjolnir strike to score higher. Astra season is terrible if you don't have a single mythic hero so I recommend voting for Naga or Altina. I prefer Altina myself but Naga is a superior support unit. 

I don't think Naga is a great support unit. Her whole gimmick is handing out the dragon killer effect (and buffing herself, but it's clunky and I never see people using her that way) but hardly anyone uses dragons on defense besides Duma, and there are plenty of counters to him. Altina is a great vantage sweeper that acts as a counter to L!Alm and Thrassir, two characters you'll probably see a lot of.

Huh, thinking about that 4* focus thing more... on a 4-character banner, you're four times as likely to get the 4* version of the character as the 5* one, right? So overall, they're five times as likely as normal. That's pretty wild - tempting even for characters I wouldn't normally pull for, like Conrad. Which also makes it frustrating since it seems to be a one-time opportunity, although it might mean they start doing more 4* focus stuff with past seasonals so who knows.

Still staying away from demotes, but knowing for sure who they are in advance is really nice. At least, assuming it's for sure. What happens with New Heroes banners that don't have demotes... particularly CYL?

2 minutes ago, NekoKnight said:

I don't think Naga is a great support unit. Her whole gimmick is handing out the dragon killer effect (and buffing herself, but it's clunky and I never see people using her that way) but hardly anyone uses dragons on defense besides Duma, and there are plenty of counters to him. Altina is a great vantage sweeper that acts as a counter to L!Alm and Thrassir, two characters you'll probably see a lot of.

You summarized why I prefer Altina myself. But in terms of support capabilities Naga is still better than Altina even though her support isn't that great. I also think Naga's +5 def is more useful than Altina's +3 atk. 

Considering the candidates of mythic units, there's bound to be more dragons to come so Naga will always be useful.

But Altina has been on less banners so I think less people have Altina compared to Naga and like you said, Altina is a far superior unit to Naga in terms of combat. 

7 minutes ago, Othin said:

Huh, thinking about that 4* focus thing more... on a 4-character banner, you're four times as likely to get the 4* version of the character as the 5* one, right? So overall, they're five times as likely as normal. That's pretty wild - tempting even for characters I wouldn't normally pull for, like Conrad. Which also makes it frustrating since it seems to be a one-time opportunity, although it might mean they start doing more 4* focus stuff with past seasonals so who knows.

Yeah, it'll roughly math out to a 5× summon rate, which is super nice.

7 minutes ago, Othin said:

Still staying away from demotes, but knowing for sure who they are in advance is really nice. At least, assuming it's for sure. What happens with New Heroes banners that don't have demotes... particularly CYL?

My cynical side says they'll have Brave Marth be a 4-star focus unit.