hey guys battle brothers is coming to switch

Integrity

so i know i've shilled for battle brothers like a dozen times between here and sf cord, but i wanted to toss in that this motherfucker is coming to the Nintendo Switch later this year.

this is an incredible turn based tactical game, and i will make the pitch to anyone, but with the caveat that it kind of hates you but only a little bit. ask me anything. for thirty dollars initial, and about another twenty for dlc over the games three-year life, i've sunk five hundred hours into it. and the switch version is coming with all dlc packaged in.

this is genuinely one of my top 5 favorite games of all time thank you for your attention, i will take questions or discussion and have a good night and a safe super bowl

16 minutes ago, Glennstavos said:

Are the recruitable units randomly generated? Also I know there's permadeath, but if I reset a battle, how far does it set me back compared to a typical fire emblem map with no turnwheel/divine pulse?

1: the recruitable units are randomly generated, each town will have a pool of guys to recruit depending on how famous you are and how much they like you. the only lose condition is your entire company dies.

2: you cannot save In Battle, but you can save at any point on the overworld (unless you run ironman). to clarify, there is no overarching plot, you simply take contracts and do them and trust in the exceptional tactical and strategic variety to keep the game alive.

EDIT: there is a Sort Of plot in the form of the endgame crisis. after about eighty days depending on difficulty, a shitload of orcs will come in from one side of the map, or undead will start rising up everywhere, or the noble houses will declare mutual war, and surviving that is a big deal with decisions to make

EDIT2: you can keep playing after the endgame crisis btw and a second/etc. one will happen a random amount of time later, you can play a campaign until you lose

Edited by Integrity

all I remember about Bbbbbbbbbbattle Bbbbbbbbbrothers is that it was fun but also that it gets repetitive very quickly, both in gameplay and tactics. Been months since I haven't played it though and I have no idea how much it changed since I bought it.

I wanted to grab the dlcs but for some reason they didn't get a discount in both recent Steam sales.