How will you Rate Oujay/Ogier???

FeAddict

I think Oujay is a average to above average unit. Because he has so much room to grow in the chapter he appears in. He has similar stats to dieck when he join but under lvl. By this time dieck should have more lvl exp. But i think Oujay/Ogier has the upper hand with more lvls to grow , and the armor slayer he has can get him some good kills in chapter 8 and so on. What do you think?

He's like a 5.

He's a solid unit, but he's REALLY not worth the trouble. Even if you bother to raise him up, his stats will only be marginally better than Dieck's, and his significantly lower con negates a lot of the speed he gets over Dieck.

Additionally, the sheer rarity and value of promotion items makes it really hard to justify Ogier. You have at least Dieck and Rutger who are significantly better than Ogier, and you only get two Hero Crests in the whole game, sooo...

Edited by Slumber

It's not that Ogier's a bad guy.  It's that he takes a long time to get up to speed (and doesn't come with a good cheesestick like Fir), and there's no shortage of good Hero Crest units.

He's a good unit, but his competition for a Hero Crest is too good as well. Dieck, while his final stats probably won't be as good as Ogier's, is much easier to use and his stats will suffice. Dieck gets the job done much earlier. Rutger also takes a hero crest and he's one of the best units in the game. He's good if you're doing an Ironman and Rutger or Dieck has died before you recruit Ogier.

Solid enough unit I'd say, but his competitors Rutger and Dieck are just better and easier to use. Combined that with the shortage of Hero Crests you can normally get in the game and you're better off promoting the other two.

his design is also ugly as hell

I'd give him about a 4. He's not bad, per se, but he has nothing that would convince me to use him over Dieck (because his one advantage over him - speed -  is negated by his low Con), and Rutger and Fir, the latter of whom joins not too long after he does, don't help his case either. Nor does it that there are only two Hero Crests before chapter 16.

I rate him the same as the person above. He's certainly more usable than Wendy but his combat remains unimpressive and he's outclassed by all the other sword infantry that come before and after. No killer weapons hurts, his speed isn't that impressive and he gets weighed down by the heavier swords. I wouldn't recommend him unless you want to use him or if you're ironmanning and got Dieck and Rutger killed.

Let's put it this way...

You already have a mercenary who is levels ahead so what incentive would you have to use him? Atleast there's an incentive to use Lilina because of how easy it is to grind her but Ogier? He even has issues holding axes without a body ring.

Forget him and use Fir instead.

3 hours ago, Jandex said:

he's an underrated unit

How? Because I have a hard time buying this when he's outclassed by two units that join before him and another that joins not long after him.

13 hours ago, Shadow Mir said:

How? Because I have a hard time buying this when he's outclassed by two units that join before him and another that joins not long after him.

just because he's outclassed by x,y,z doesn't mean he's bad

4 hours ago, Jandex said:

just because he's outclassed by x,y,z doesn't mean he's bad

That still doesn't tell me why I would want to use Oujay over Dieck, Rutger, or Fir. Like I said earlier, he has nothing on Dieck, and Rutger and Fir promote into a better class. About the only reason I could think of is if I was doing an ironman run and both Dieck and Rutger died.

Oujay is just okay, he does his job but everyone else can do what he does but better.

The only real reason why you would ever use him is either A. You like his character or B. Your Dieck and Rutger died and you don't feel like resetting, which is a fair enough reason I guess.

I rate him Free Armorslayer/10

Edited by Arte71
wait I can't excessive edit?, I just thought the " were unncessary, but not THAT unnecessary... I kinda edit a lot....