A Hero Rises 2020 - [UPDATE: Midway results are in]

Johann

logo.d9a14adf.png

Link to the website

The details are thus:

• Top 8 voted heroes will be in a Voting Gauntlet (late Feb), and the winner is given out for free (mid-March)
  • In said VG, all units will score the same, so no need to worry if you don't have that unit for the 1.1x score bonus
  • Doesn't seem to be affected by color; it's possible, for instance, for all 8 heroes to be blue
  • Can't vote for regular Alfonse/Sharena/Anna, of course
  • It's not clear if there'll be banners for these top 8 heroes, but it's certainly possible, since last year's version of this event lead to a banner for the 4 winners

Edit: Midway results so far

EP6eRl9VUAAMLWf.jpg

For those who can't see the image, the list for now is:

1. Altina
  2. Mythic Sothis
  3. Legendary Azura
  4. Winter Sothis
  5. Lif
  6. Edelgard
  7. Legendary Alm
  8. Legendary Leif
  9. NY Alfonse Duo
  10. Idunn
  11. Brave Veronica
  12. Surtr
  13. Legendary Ike
  14. Dimitri
  15. Legendary Roy
  16. Fallen Corrin F
  17. Ephraim Duo
  18. Byleth F
  19. Claude
  20. Fallen Tiki
Edited by Johann

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would suggest voting for Mythic or Legendary heroes.

Kind of waste to vote for regular heroes when you can vote for heroes that are always a pain to get.

I voted for L Alm cuz I don't have him, but I like him! I, too, will see if anyone can make a good case for a unit. I wouldn't want them for fodder, but rather for personal use.

Though I am more worried about the VG. Winning this popularity poll may mean nothing in the long run lol.

Voted for NY!Alfonse for obvious reasons.

NY!Alfonse, Lif, Sothis, W!Sothis, Nagi, Nailah, NY!Lethe, Idunn, W!Marth, L!Alm, H!Hector, L!Celica. 

All powerful and mostly rare units I'm sure more people would love to have. I'll be voting for some of these but there's a good chance I'll be all in on Alfonse unless we get mid-term results that suggest someone else winning. I see Altina being a popular choice too. That would suck for anyone that already has her since she has 0 fodder potential. But she eclipses L!Ike in overall utility across all game modes. She'd be a big QoL improvement for new players.

Edited by Zeo

I kinda wish the final would come down to Legendaries Leif vs Azura. I have both and am not particularly concerned about getting one extra copy from the event, but they're such big quality-of-life improvements to own, at least for casual players, that I feel everyone should have access to them now. If the VG was them plus a bunch of Duo heroes that'd probably be the most no-lose scenario.

In terms of personal wants, it'll be one of the premium flying healers, but with CYL3 being a Hero Fest this week, I probably should just go for that.

6 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

Ugh, so ...

Which characters were we trying to pick for this year's A Hero Rises? Duo Hero? Legendary? Mythic? Do I just say fuck it and pick someone I want even if they have no shot? Someone give me an idea here.

4 minutes ago, Dylan Corona said:

Yeah, I think it's best to go for units with rarer skills for something like this. And I believe, she has the only Life and Death 4. 

That she has 3 premium skills to pass on and is herself an outstanding unit is a strong case, yeah

Man, them choosing the winner by a VG is a guaranteed recipe for salt. I can be glad the voting isn't biased like last year ("You can vote for any Ike, I mean hero, to make them available to all players. You can even vote for LEGENDARY IKE!!! Or any other hero you want. But especially LEGENDARY IKE! Woooooow!" Kthx Feh.) but the result of this event could be the 8th most popular character winning. Upsets are really unimportant for a normal VG but this has a significant award.

I think I'll vote for Altina anyway. She's a good unit and a good choice for all players because she's a hero anyone can use for AR (we already have two free Light heroes, so free Astra heroes ought to be a thing).

Vote Altina or Naga. Offense mythic heroes are the best value. Also it'd be nice if F2P can have an offense mythic hero on astra season. I prefer Altina as a unit and would prefer a second Altina over a second Naga but I wouldn't be upset with Naga either. 

1 minute ago, NekoKnight said:

Man, them choosing the winner by a VG is a guaranteed recipe for salt. I can be glad the voting isn't biased like last year ("You can vote for any Ike, I mean hero, to make them available to all players. You can even vote for LEGENDARY IKE!!! Or any other hero you want. But especially LEGENDARY IKE! Woooooow!" Kthx Feh.) but the result of this event could be the 8th most popular character winning. Upsets are really unimportant for a normal VG but this has a significant award.

Yeah, I'm glad of this too, even though I wanted RD Ike to win anyway. Although...we can vote for him again here. Just...why? 😕 And mind you, this is coming from a huge Ike fangirl.

The impact of a Mythic hero won't exactly be groundbreaking when rewards are so reliant on rank. If you get one, so does everyone else. Though it will make going through tiers easier, and strengthen a one you have; and the rarity point is legit.

Voted Igrene anyway. I love her a lot and figure I can piggyback off those who just want the fodder lmao