A Hero Rises 2020 - [UPDATE: Midway results are in]

Johann

Obviously this is why we need to make sure that EVERY CHARACTER we pick is someone that the majority of players would be okay with having.

Sure, it'll be hard to coordinate, but we can still give it a try. Here's a list of characters I'm considering voting for. (Already voted Idunn today.)

Altina
Legendary Roy
Legendary Leif
Lif
Halloween Hector
Duo Ephraim
New Years Alfonse
New Years Marth

(I will not be voting for either version of Sothis.)

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I voted for Mareeta, since it's not like it will affect the finalists.

That said, the optimal pick would take into account difficulty of summoning, and fodder for those who already have/don't want the unit. For the former

30 minutes ago, Nym said:

I would suggest voting for Mythic or Legendary heroes.

Kind of waste to vote for regular heroes when you can vote for heroes that are always a pain to get.

For the latter, I guess it would be DC/Time's Pulse?

1 minute ago, Parrhesia said:

The impact of a Mythic hero won't exactly be groundbreaking when rewards are so reliant on rank. If you get one, so does everyone else. Though it will make going through tiers easier, and strengthen a one you have; and the rarity point is legit.

Voted Igrene anyway. I love her a lot and figure I can piggyback off those who just want the fodder lmao

It narrows the gap between new/casual players and the old/hardcore players. This makes it easier for those newer players to catch up in rank rewards if they put in enough effort. Also, tier rewards will benefit everyone. 

A bit iffy on voting for a Mythic as it only really helps people who take that mode seriously, if they participate at all. Not that you shouldn't do it if you want the hero of course, but in terms of identifying heroes that are universally useful to people perhaps not so much.

18 minutes ago, Jingle Jangle said:

First day a vote goes for Dimitri. I regret not summoning for him before 3h came out.

this is my truth. 

I voted for Christmas Sothis.

honestly. i wish we had what we had last year - all they really needed to do was let us choose our pick not let it be random. 
It would rather vote for really good fodder or a good unit. Mythics/Legendaries come all the time -. Seasonals are once a year (and the newer ones have tier 4 skills). 

Cast my first vote for Bride Fjorm, but she doesn't seem to be going anywhere so far. Might switch to Igrene, since she's the only one of my most wanted units that seems to be getting traction.

I have most of the units that seem to be most popular here, but I could be pretty happy with any of the ones I don't, like Alm or Sothis. If it has to be a duplicate, I'd prefer Altina, since mine is -Atk and merges mean more points.

5 minutes ago, Baldrick said:

For the latter, I guess it would be DC/Time's Pulse?

ATK SPD solo/Time pulse yeah.

2 minutes ago, Humanoid said:

A bit iffy on voting for a Mythic as it only really helps people who take that mode seriously, if they participate at all. Not that you shouldn't do it if you want the hero of course, but in terms of identifying heroes that are universally useful to people perhaps not so much.

I mean you can always fodder the hero for the skills they have. Sothis's Time Pulse is excellent fodder. 

I just don't see the point to vote for regular heroes. They are coming back in future banners or as random pity breakers. Seasonal, Mythic and Legendary heroes are always a pain to get.

19 minutes ago, Nym said:

ATK SPD solo/Time pulse yeah.

You can more easily pass on DC on top of Time's Pulse since it's a one-level skill, and you can only inherit four skills off a unit.

1 minute ago, Baldrick said:

You can more easily pass on DC on top of Time's Pulse since it's a one-level skill, and you can only inherit four skills off a unit.

Original Sothis doesn't have DC, her alt does.

43 minutes ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

I'm just voting for those phone backgrounds. So, 6 of my votes are going to all the Lyns. 🤷‍♂️

Same here. I already voted for Bride!Fjorm, and the rest are going to be:

1. Fjorm
  2. Julia
  3. L!Julia
  4. Lucina
  5. F!Morgan
  6. M!Morgan

I already have practically every unit that has any reasonable chance of winning, so I'm going to use this event to get what really matters. :V

1st day vote go to Legendary Alm for colorless

Here are some of my remaining choices

Green: Dancing Reinhardt

Blue: New Year Alfonse, Ophelia, Halloween Ilyana

Red: Hoshidian Summer Micaiah , Duo Hector, Valentine Ike, Dancing Ishtar

2 hours ago, Humanoid said:

Altina and Peony are always good. Altina is still bonkers in other PvP modes with Counter-Vantage. For Abyssal though, while Counter-Vantage does not work, Galeforce still does. Peony is a Dancer/Singer, so there is no way she is horrible. She is also the second best Dancer/Singer in the game right now, although will drop to third in my opinion once Plumeria comes out.

Thrasir, Yune, and Eir are not crazy, but they are still pretty okay. Thrasir is no Celica: Queen of Valentia, but she is still a pretty strong nuke. Yune seems a little more niche with guaranteed follow up on both phases as a ranged unit, since melee units can do that better in my opinion since they can run Galeforce. Eir is decent too, since she can do other stuff in addition to doing long distance healing.

Sothis feels pretty meh, but she has pretty strong combat performance. She also has pretty decent sustainability for modes like auto battling in Tempest Trials.

Duma and Naga are a bit crappy in my opinion. I mean they definitely are not bad, but they definitely do not stand out when compared to their peers.

I think I will be giving all my votes to Legendary and Mythic heroes. Trying to get them on those 8% banners almost never ends well for me.

Gave my first vote to L!Celica. Haven't figure how I'm going to use the rest of my votes just yet but I'm thinking of giving some to L!Alm and L!Eliwood as well. I might toss a vote to L!Leif as well since he is seems to be a cool unit to use. So maybe I will do something like two for Celica, two for Alm, two for Eliwood and the last will go to Leif. I guess it will depend if we have midterms results or not.

Altina is pretty much the best vote imo. 

For casual play: Dc meister weapon is great, a useful unit for everyone.

It helps every person who plays AR, since it would give a free Astra hero. Something we haven’t had so far.

It helps people in mjornir strike, which is also useful.

beneficial to so many game modes makes Altina my personal vote for the entire week.

14 minutes ago, SuperNova125 said:

Will vote Altina, Winter Sothis, Lif and Duo Alfonse/Sharena just in the second set I will Skip Lif. Today was Altina 

Will there be something like midterm results like in CYL? 

We didn't get those last time. Instead we got a second round of voting between the four finalists - which has been replaced with a VG this year.

i don't know who to choose between L!Leif and Altina, i really like them, they're very strong and i'd like to get at least one of these two

Edited by Yexin

Free Altina or L!Leif would be nice.. I don't have much hope for Legendary Julia on this one,. So I just might want to see which of the popular Choices I would be in with. Also its better to go for Heroes which almost all people have something from. 

Edited by Stroud