A Hero Rises 2020 - [UPDATE: Midway results are in]

Johann

15 minutes ago, Yexin said:

i don't know who to choose between L!Leif and Altina, i really like them, they're very strong and i'd like to get at least one of these two

Vote for both of them. Remember that it comes down to the top 8, so there's plenty of room for both. After that it's the community's choice. I hope they don't screw things up...

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've voted for Duo Alfonse as I need better ivs. But I'll vote for Altina as well, because I didn't manage to get her in the past. I might vote for Lif as well because I wasn't lucky with his banner..(one 5 star for 100 orbs)

But it seems peoples are even voting for low quality heroes or some that are here since a lot of time. Honestly, I'll be fine with Altina, Duo Alfonse, Surtr so I wonder what's going to happen!

23 minutes ago, DefyingFates said:

We didn't get those last time. Instead we got a second round of voting between the four finalists - which has been replaced with a VG this year.

I wonder in the VG how are the multipliers going to be handled, I mean they are bound to mess some armies units (perhaps even on purpose I but I would not like to think as such and I don't know exactly how VGs work) 

3 minutes ago, Metakirby said:

Lif

It's worth bringing up that defensive Mythic Heroes have a bit more use now due to Mjolnir Strikes*. Offensive ones are better overall sure, but if you have someone who's also good for general use...

* I suppose this comes down to how expensive Combat Manuals are, I suppose. And just how scummy the unlock paths are.

@SuperNova125

There are no bonuses for this VG. Everyone scores the same whether they already have the units in question or not.

P.S. Something I haven't seen brought up yet: the free Hero will also be used a lot in F2P guides, so that's something to keep in mind as well for those who use them. If you do it may be better not to vote purely for SI reasons.

Edited by DefyingFates

1 minute ago, daisy jane said:

again - my little plea is - can we vote for those who are more limited in nature (ie: seasonals with great fodder) who only come once a year vs. mythics/legendaries who are on a set 3-4 month schedule?

I personally rather back the most useful units than just Special Heroes or for fodder. Special Heroes do come only once a year, but that also means plenty of time to save up if they really want it, and any with great fodder will eventually be available in the regular summoning pool too. For new players, I think having a strong unit is more important than having strong fodder, as having strong fodder requires the new player to have a specific type of Hero too.

21 minutes ago, XRay said:

I personally rather back the most useful units than just Special Heroes or for fodder. Special Heroes do come only once a year, but that also means plenty of time to save up if they really want it, and any with great fodder will eventually be available in the regular summoning pool too. For new players, I think having a strong unit is more important than having strong fodder, as having strong fodder requires the new player to have a specific type of Hero too.

the seasonal is also a strong unit. like. if everyone got Christmas sothis. that's an insta great unit right out of the box. 

if you're going to apply that logic to seasonals - you can apply that to mythics and legendary.

not everyone plays for AR/Arena competitiveness. but everyone would like to have a nice unit that can help. a good chunk of them only come once a year vs. units that come every 3 to 4 months.vote for the ones that are harder to come by period vs. one that you'll legitimately stumble on down the road. 

I keep forgetting that we can vote for ANY hero. I click on a color and get overwhelmed with all the heroes. Also, apparently Lif has 0 taps. Not sure what that means, but it's kind of amazing to see 0. Anyway, everyone seems to really like his skills, and I personally really like him as a character. So, if people want to use the cool guy from book 3, they can. And if they get tired of him and want to fodder him off, they can. Plus, he's useful for mythic stuff. Trying to do what's best for the group, here. So, here's one vote for Lif, even though I summoned 2 of him already. :3 I hope I'm being helpful...

... Helpful Chrom is my spirit animal? (But I don't have him yet... :()

Edit: I fOrGoT aBoUt ThE wAlLpApEr! x_x Well, I like Lif, but Ike's my favorite, so I think I'll vote for Valentine's Ike next.

Edited by Mercakete

3 minutes ago, Mercakete said:

I keep forgetting that we can vote for ANY hero. I click on a color and get overwhelmed with all the heroes. Also, apparently Lif has 0 taps. Not sure what that means, but it's kind of amazing to see 0. Anyway, everyone seems to really like his skills, and I personally really like him as a character. So, if people want to use the cool guy from book 3, they can. And if they get tired of him and want to fodder him off, they can. Plus, he's useful for mythic stuff. Trying to do what's best for the group, here. So, here's one vote for Lif, even though I summoned 2 of him already. :3 I hope I'm being helpful...

... Helpful Chrom is my spirit animal? (But I don't have him yet... :()

Edit: I fOrGoT aBoUt ThE wAlLpApEr! x_x Well, I like Lif, but Ike's my favorite, so I think I'll vote for Valentine's Ike next.

this data was probably collected before Lif was released into the game. thus having zero clicks. 

1 hour ago, daisy jane said:

again - my little plea is - can we vote for those who are more limited in nature (ie: seasonals with great fodder) who only come once a year vs. mythics/legendaries who are on a set 3-4 month schedule?

59 minutes ago, daisy jane said:

the seasonal is also a strong unit. like. if everyone got Christmas sothis. that's an insta great unit right out of the box. 

if you're going to apply that logic to seasonals - you can apply that to mythics and legendary.

not everyone plays for AR/Arena competitiveness. but everyone would like to have a nice unit that can help. a good chunk of them only come once a year vs. units that come every 3 to 4 months.vote for the ones that are harder to come by period vs. one that you'll legitimately stumble on down the road. 

I would rather not tbh. Last year, it was Halloween Myrrh and I am willing to bet 10$ she has done nothing to help the majority of the player base. I expect people voted for her because they still had the mainset of "ARMORS OP, RIGHT?" because of Surtr's painful debut.

Also I would argue seasonals aren't going to help much. It all depends of the nature of said seasonal but if you don't have a good team to tackle both seasons and a defense team because you don't take the mode too seriously, good fodder isn't going to help. A Mythic hero at least will make the experience less painful.

The only exception I can think of is Bridal Fjorm because of her staff.

56 minutes ago, daisy jane said:

It is not that there are not any strong Special Heroes, but I just do not think being a Special Hero is a good enough reason in my opinion.

Being a strong unit is far more important in my opinion.

I still lean towards Mythics and Legendaries for the scoring boosts they provide, especially Altina and UOT!Leif since they are also extremely powerful. Not everyone plays Aether Raids, but they should be playing Mjölnir Strike and Altina can still do pretty well there and every other PvP mode, and she can do Galeforce too. UOT!Leif is also usable just about anywhere, in addition to providing a score boost to Arena Assault. A free Altina means everyone can now access Counter-Vantage strategy for free. A free UOT!Leif means everyone has access to basically a Galeforce Reinhardt.

Sothis is strong, I just do not think she is strong enough.

17 minutes ago, Nym said:

I would rather not tbh. Last year, it was Halloween Myrrh and I am willing to bet 10$ she has done nothing to help the majority of the player base. I expect people voted for her because they still had the mainset of "ARMORS OP, RIGHT?" because of Surtr's painful debut.

Also I would argue seasonals aren't going to help much. It all depends of the nature of said seasonal but if you don't have a good team to tackle both seasons and a defense team because you don't take the mode too seriously, good fodder isn't going to help. A Mythic hero at least will make the experience less painful.

The only exception I can think of is Bridal Fjorm because of her staff.

well i think you are forgetting that last year you actually had the banner to summon from. so people were voting for the 4 people they wanted to see on a banner. so for those who wanted Myrrh they had a banner to get her from. (as well as - since the pick was completely randomized. no F2P video creator actually used them in guides). 

this is completely different. you don't get a  banner of focus units here. you get one choice (basically thrown at you based on the community). and everyone is voting for AR stuff. LIke. hey.Maybe vote for Dancer Berkut. He's not exactly like Azura - but he's blessed. so you can get stats for him and he can give you 4 to all stats via a dance (which you still can't even do in Astra by the by as we have no astra dancer). that's helpful. 

Hey you don't play AR - well he comes with Blue-Duel Infantry so if you wanna build a unit for arena - guess what. poof. Here you go fam. 

hey do you don't really care about Arena or  AR.

Hey guys. we have a cool seasonal free to play dancer that can buff stats.  - that is really hard to get. since it's seasonal copy. (which you can also apply to units like Christmas Sothis, and the like). 

and I say this who wouldn't even mind a free Lazura or something that got voted in. but at the same time. they come. all the time. it's difficult to get them yes. but they are frequent enough to get them. that's not the case for a lot of other units.  and I wouldn't even care - if again if this was a relative choice (which they really should have just done hide and seek and you actually pick who you want it wouldn't even be that bad). 

but it doesn't matter. i just hope if everyone votes, it's like Thrasir or Lif, (or even Leif or Eliwood) because at least at least that's 3 great fodder options, and a great horse bow cav. since we're voting for relatively gainable units anyway. 

11 minutes ago, daisy jane said:

LIke. hey.Maybe vote for Dancer Berkut. He's not exactly like Azura - but he's blessed. so you can get stats for him and he can give you 4 to all stats via a dance (which you still can't even do in Astra by the by as we have no astra dancer). that's helpful. 

I guess that is a good reason to go for non Mythic and Legendary Heroes, since they are pretty flexible and you can give them any Blessing to suit whatever modes you play.

I am not sure about A Special Soiree Berkut, but I would think about other Special Hero Dancers/Singers. ASS!Reinhardt and ASS!Ishtar are pretty strong.

I am voting for: H!Hector, L!Leif, L!Celica, L!Alm, C!Marth, NY!Alphonse and L!Azura.  I am going for the really good units and the duo heroes that are good, plus I am trying to pick units I feel would be helpful to every player.

Voting for Altina, since she is the only Legendary/Mythic I still want to get. Would personally be disappointed if the winner ends up someone I already have unless they have amazing fodder. 

10 minutes ago, XRay said:

I guess that is a good reason to go for non Mythic and Legendary Heroes, since they are pretty flexible and you can give them any Blessing to suit whatever modes you play.

I am not sure about A Special Soiree Berkut, but I would think about other Special Hero Dancers/Singers. ASS!Reinhardt and ASS!Ishtar are pretty strong.

Reinhardt and Ishtar aren't very supportive (other than they dance), but they are great. -  i actually always have to double check that they have their dance on lol
Berkut. is basically Flying Olivia, in infantry form. (which is the original Nohrzura). 

You guys are all wrong!  Forget about mythic/legendaries or just regular seasonal heroes.  The most prized and rarest of the bunch are duo heroes!  185BST score in arena, and duo skill useful everywhere helping out your entire team.  Then they are all great combat units and all have great fodder, and all are super limited.  There are only 4 in the game as of now.  4!  AlmCelica makes the 5th but I don't think we can vote for them yet.

VG for the 8 finalists is a horrible idea the salt is going to be so so high.  Multiplier screwjobs with so much at stake?  My god.  They just should have had 4 finalists, and then people can choose which one they want from those.  Guaranteed happiness.  

My biggest issue with Duo Hector or Alitina winning... or even characters like Lif or Sothis... they're all red.

L!Ike is free, yes, he is outdated objectively speaking but he's still a plenty powerful unit everyone gets for free and he's useful in most modes and can be made more so with a little SI. Where as every unit I mentioned is superior to him in overall utility I think objectively speaking you're getting less out of the deal with another red unit. It just invalidates him further, rather than having an additional option.

As far as the general player goes, something like L!Leif or L!Azura will have a better impact on every player's barracks. Duo Hector and Altina are fantastic red choices, but I think that powerful units in other colors are better overall for QoL. And that's my unbiased opinion because I don't have a single Duo Hero and Hector is probably my favorite FE character in general.

2 hours ago, daisy jane said:

so people were voting for the 4 people they wanted to see on a banner. so for those who wanted Myrrh they had a banner to get her from.

That was Find and Vote Heroes. AHR came down to four finalists for a second round of voting on the website itself and the winner was added to a Xenologue.

As for your request, I think Mythic/ Legendary Heroes are harder to get due to sharing focus on their banners but Seasonals take longer to get instead. That said, I was toying with the idea of voting for Bridal Fjorm, so now that I've seen what you had to say I'll vote for her a few times this week 🙂

I mentioned this before, but I think there's a case to be made for Pair Up Heroes getting some love too since so far they've only been available on LH Banners and Allegiance Battles are more of less made with them in mind (not to mention how useful they are for general use). I don't know if they're the best option for "general players" though, I'm just thinking aloud here.

Edited by DefyingFates

3 minutes ago, Lewyn said:

You guys are all wrong!  Forget about mythic/legendaries or just regular seasonal heroes.  The most prized and rarest of the bunch are duo heroes!  185BST score in arena, and duo skill useful everywhere helping out your entire team.  Then they are all great combat units and all have great fodder, and all are super limited.  There are only 4 in the game as of now.  4!  AlmCelica makes the 5th but I don't think we can vote for them yet.

VG for the 8 finalists is a horrible idea the salt is going to be so so high.  Multiplier screwjobs with so much at stake?  My god.  They just should have had 4 finalists, and then people can choose which one they want from those.  Guaranteed happiness.  

Maybe once they come out with Duo Heroes with more generalist Duo skills.

A Monstrous Harvest Hector is really strong, but his usefulness is pretty much limited to Counter-Vantage teams in my opinion. In every other team composition, I think it would just be better if he gets replaced with something else.

Desert Mercenaries Ephraim is probably pretty great with infantry Galeforce teams, but that is just one very specific type of team.

Renewed Spirit Alfonse is good, but he is limited to just infantry as well, so he is basically another version of Velouria or Hector: Marqui of Ostia.

Glorious Gifts Marth is okay I guess? He can be really good with Firesweep-Bold Fighter-Armored Boost, but his Duo skill feels kind of underwhelming if you not running flying or armor nukes.

36 minutes ago, Zeo said:

My biggest issue with Duo Hector or Alitina winning... or even characters like Lif or Sothis... they're all red.

L!Ike is free, yes, he is outdated objectively speaking but he's still a plenty powerful unit everyone gets for free and he's useful in most modes and can be made more so with a little SI. Where as every unit I mentioned is superior to him in overall utility I think objectively speaking you're getting less out of the deal with another red unit. It just invalidates him further, rather than having an additional option.

As far as the general player goes, something like L!Leif or L!Azura will have a better impact on every player's barracks. Duo Hector and Altina are fantastic red choices, but I think that powerful units in other colors are better overall for QoL. And that's my unbiased opinion because I don't have a single Duo Hero and Hector is probably my favorite FE character in general.

The thing is that we kind of already have at least 1 good free unit for each color.
Red: Ike (who's outdated at this point), Xander (also outdated)
Blue: Reinhardt, Peony, Fjorm, CYL Eliwood (for now)
Green: CYL Ike (sure, he's harder to get but he's well worth the effort given how powerful and bulky he is and it's going to be tough to find a superior option), CYL Micaiah (for now)
Colorless: Eir, CYL Veronica (for now), CYL Camilla (for now)

To me, Altina is arguably the strongest choice overall since she has sheer power, mobility, and relevance. F2P currently has 0 free options for Astral AR (whereas Light AR has 2 free options) so Altina would very much be a welcome addition to their barracks, not to mention being a powerful option for Astral MS and general PvE.

As for Duo Heroes...
Hector and Marth: since F2P only has Armored Boots and Guidance seals, Peony, and 0 free/cheap sources of Armor March, they're going to be harder to use for general content due to poor/inconsistent mobility
Hector: mostly dead weight once he uses his Duo skill, limited to specific team comps and AA
Ephraim: largely invalidated by Galeforce cavaliers and beast fliers
Marth: mostly dead weight once he uses his Duo skill; limited to specific team comps
Alfonse: arguably the best of the Duo Heroes but still restricted to specific team comps if the player wants to make the most out of his Duo skill

BST for Coliseum modes means nothing if you can't merge them anyways and so far, none of the Duo Heroes have seen a rerun yet (granted, it's not March-May 2020 yet for the first expected reappearance, if any, for any of them). And given the current state of the game, Duo Heroes are not worth investing into unless you absolutely love the character to begin with (if not including favorites: Mythics > Pair-Up Legendaries > Legendaries > almost everything else).

Edited by Roflolxp54