A Hero Rises 2020 - [UPDATE: Midway results are in]

Johann

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, DefyingFates said:

Where is this coming from, if I may ask?

Generally speaking, it takes 5-7 months for a new 5-star exclusive unit to show up on a monthly banner. It could very well be the case here or may be not (since double seasonal focus was a thing back in Dec. 2019 and monthly banners becoming increasingly loaded with monthly-exclusives).

Edited by Roflolxp54

4 minutes ago, Roflolxp54 said:

Generally speaking, it takes 5-7 months for a new 5-star exclusive unit to show up on a monthly banner. It could very well be the case here or may be not (since double seasonal focus was a thing back in Dec. 2019 and monthly banners becoming increasingly loaded with monthly-exclusives).

Huh. Thanks!

I went with UOT!Leif. Altina is nice, but if she become free, it might make it even harder for me to get a Gold Throne for Aether Raids.

11 hours ago, XRay said:

Maybe once they come out with Duo Heroes with more generalist Duo skills.

A Monstrous Harvest Hector is really strong, but his usefulness is pretty much limited to Counter-Vantage teams in my opinion. In every other team composition, I think it would just be better if he gets replaced with something else.

Desert Mercenaries Ephraim is probably pretty great with infantry Galeforce teams, but that is just one very specific type of team.

Renewed Spirit Alfonse is good, but he is limited to just infantry as well, so he is basically another version of Velouria or Hector: Marqui of Ostia.

Glorious Gifts Marth is okay I guess? He can be really good with Firesweep-Bold Fighter-Armored Boost, but his Duo skill feels kind of underwhelming if you not running flying or armor nukes.

Hmm, I thought people were saying Hector's skill was the best one for AR still?  Alfonse I know that skill is great, and -2 cooldown is better than 1.  Marth also has Daring fighter which is pretty cool as well.  Ephraim has effectiveness against Armors and Cavs and high attack.  

I still think adding all the factors, and that we've never got a free Duo unit (so many might have none) and how they can be used in so many modes for advantage, makes them welcome to most people barracks.  

From what I've read it seems like the vast majority are voting Altina though.  

11 minutes ago, Lewyn said:

Hmm, I thought people were saying Hector's skill was the best one for AR still?  Alfonse I know that skill is great, and -2 cooldown is better than 1.  Marth also has Daring fighter which is pretty cool as well.  Ephraim has effectiveness against Armors and Cavs and high attack.  

Oh, yeah, AMH!Hector's Duo Skill is definitely busted. However, it really only matters to Counter-Vantage teams in my opinion. Any other team composition can get by without it, and since AMH!Hector himself is not that great without the Duo Skill, his Duo Skill is not really worth giving up a slot for. Being a mobile Bolt Tower is pretty busted, but it is not that busted where every team needs one. Now, if they gave that Duo skill to a Hero that is a Dancer/Singer like Olivia or a stat buffer like M!Corrin, then that would definitely be super broken, probably rivalling VS!Azura at that point.

17 minutes ago, Lewyn said:

Alfonse I know that skill is great, and -2 cooldown is better than 1.

-2 cooldown is definitely good, and you get to choose when it activates too. However, it is limited by its close range and restriction to infantry only though. Infantry do not have much trouble activating their Specials nowadays, especially with Time's Pulse, so RS!Alfonse's use is quite a bit more situational in my opinion.

21 minutes ago, Lewyn said:

Marth also has Daring fighter which is pretty cool as well.

Armor nukes' unfortunate problem is that Armored Boots does not work with Desperation and Wings of Mercy, so you are basically stuck with using one shot Blade mage nukes, Brave Bow nukes, and Firesweep nukes. Firesweep nukes are the most reliable in my opinion since most units cannot counter-attack, so if you failed to kill something in one or two hits, you do not have to worry about the counter attack taking your nuke out of Armored Boots range.

You can try to alleviate some of that issue with Armor March, but that brings an additional layer of complexity, so it might not even work that well.

27 minutes ago, Lewyn said:

Ephraim has effectiveness against Armors and Cavs and high attack.

I think he definitely has potential in an infantry Galeforce team, but I have not really tested that strategy out yet (I am still gathering Feathers for Raven and I still need to decide on which sword unit to use). The appeal of infantry Galeforce teams to me is that it can go completely without using a Heavy Blade Sacred Seal, so you can save it for another team. You can probably go without using Flashing Blade Sacred Seal too and save that for another team, although that is kind of risky in my opinion.

33 minutes ago, Lewyn said:

From what I've read it seems like the vast majority are voting Altina though.  

That is going to be unfortunate, as getting a Gold Throne during Astra season would be more difficult. It is already difficult for me to get any Thrones during Light Season. But oh well, at least it will help all players get to Tier 21 more easily, so that is good.

My second vote went to L!Leif. Like my first vote, and probably the next five, I will vote for units that I don't have but are useful for everyone.

I may give L Celica and W Sothis a vote as well.

Even though I said I will vote for units that I don't have, I am considering to give a vote for L Alm, since he is so good and I hae friends that I would like to have a copy of him, and receive a free merge. The same goes to Altina.

14 minutes ago, Rinco said:

I'm worried that we'll see something like the event from last year, where a lot of ppl vote for those units that appear on top, thinking that's the actual ranking of votes.

I will be so upset if we get Fjorm or Ike, which are the most tapped units of their colors.

I still think that these voting events that happen for FEH should be inside the game and not in a website. Only players should be able to vote for CYL and A Hero Rises, and only one ballot per game account.

Edited by Diovani Bressan

44 minutes ago, daisy jane said:

Voted for Dancing Berkut. 
tomorrow. Duo Alphonse for a dear friend. 
the day after that if i must vote for a Legendary it's gonna be Leif

Huh. I'm curious why you chose Berkut as opposed to other dancers. For me, I want more Dancing Berkut merges, but I wanted to choose based on what would be good for new players and the community on the whole, not what would be beneficial to only me and maybe a few others.

1 hour ago, Mercakete said:

Huh. I'm curious why you chose Berkut as opposed to other dancers. For me, I want more Dancing Berkut merges, but I wanted to choose based on what would be good for new players and the community on the whole, not what would be beneficial to only me and maybe a few others.

to repeat (hehe but i don't mind doing it for you) - 

1:Berkut is outside of Peony and LAzura (and imo Bride Ninian)  one of the best refereshers in the game. 
His only downfall really is that he doesn't fly. (and it's a small downfall truly).

2:For Prf Dancing Weapons, he adds 4 to all stats before dance (small downgrade to YT!Olivia & PA!Azura (3 to all)). 

3:Unlike Azura/Peony -if you care about AR - he can actually be blessed (Astra/Anima/Dark). If you want to replicate some Azura-nanigans (just without the 3 mov - Olivia would be better because she could also deploy Ground orders). thus he could also benefit from from Astra Heroes (Light if you don't like Peony). 

4: If you hate AR and don't play-  he's also very helpful in Arena. (by well, Murdering him).since he has blue-duel infantry. (esp. if you build Rinea - that would benefit her). if you are a NEWWWW Player - Berkut helps until not having a merged Berkut starts to hurt (and quite frankly, I did decently enough for a good 6 months rocking SummerCiah so there you go). 

5: he'd be good for free to playplayers in guides. Everyone has Peony (or should), but having an infantry option is good too. 

6: he is a lot more rare to get than anyone voting for a Mythic/Legendary hero. Like i said. eventually. (speaking as someone who kept missing Grima forever and still can't get the actual Anima hero I want) people will luck into getting a legendary/mythic hero.  Seasonals (especially really good ones) - come once a year and anything can happen. I would rather have a seasonal that was helpful/had good fodder/really, really good, than a Legendary/Mythic. (especially because not everyone cares about AR etc). 

so I figure voting for units that actually can have benefits no matter what you like in regards to the game.

which is fundamentally wrong with this this contest. truly it should be "vote for whom you want, we'll gift it to you. happy anniversary. but it isn't, so whatever. 

(editing thanks to Xray's correcting me to Azura's dance buff). 

Edited by daisy jane

@daisy jane

Ahh, I see. Sorry to make you repeat yourself; I missed your previous explanation. Thanks for reposting for my sake. 🙂 Maybe I'll throw Dancing Berkut a vote or two. I sure wouldn't mind the merges. (Mine's unmerged and +atk. I made him into a non-dancer, and he works super well, imo. So he has some versatility, too. Doesn't have to be a dancer; he works well enough as an infantry lancer, if you'd rather use a different dancer like I did. He needed to be on the same team as Dancing Rinea, at least in my file. They are also S-rank, super cute, and happy for once.)

5 minutes ago, Mercakete said:

@daisy jane

Ahh, I see. Sorry to make you repeat yourself; I missed your previous explanation. Thanks for reposting for my sake. 🙂 Maybe I'll throw Dancing Berkut a vote or two. I sure wouldn't mind the merges. (Mine's unmerged and +atk. I made him into a non-dancer, and he works super well, imo. So he has some versatility, too. Doesn't have to be a dancer; he works well enough as an infantry lancer, if you'd rather use a different dancer like I did. He needed to be on the same team as Dancing Rinea, at least in my file. They are also S-rank, super cute, and happy for once.)

ah don't worry about it. 
honestly, all my dancers are "non dancers" they dance if needed, but they all see battle. that's how i like them. seriously kicking myself not trying for him, but i will snag him up this year ideally with a good legendary share for me. (Please share with Legendary Dimitri. Please share with Legendary Dimitri...). 

3 minutes ago, daisy jane said:

honestly, all my dancers are "non dancers" they dance if needed, but they all see battle.

Ah, I meant I removed his dance skill and replaced his weapon, to clarify. I hope you pull a good one! As I recall, he has a superboon in defense, so that's not a bad boon if you pull it. Mine just happened to be +atk and I realized that I was cool with that. 🙂 I hope I can get him a lot of merges!

Hmm I may vote for Dancing Berkut tomorrow. Voted for Fallen Berkut this time for the wallpaper. So, thus far, here's how I've voted: Lif, Valentine's Ike, Fallen Berkut

I think I'll sit out on the voting.

If a character I happen to like wins, great!

If a character I don't really care wins and has great skills, fodder!

If a character I don't really care for and has no skills to pass onto my favorites then... :c

18 minutes ago, thanny said:

I think I'll sit out on the voting.

If a character I happen to like wins, great!

If a character I don't really care wins and has great skills, fodder!

If a character I don't really care for and has no skills to pass onto my favorites then... :c

You get 100 Nintendo points though. I think you can trade that in for Feathers and Stamina potions at the My Nintendo website I think.

Voted for Duo Alfonse as he is in my opinion one of the best duo heroes combat wise. Though his duo skill might not be as good for others, it serves him perfectly and can be pretty useful for certain teams and units like special spiral units not named Ophelia. He also is a very good fodder in Special Spiral and the rare close counter. 

Edited by SuperNova125