A Hero Rises 2020 - [UPDATE: Midway results are in]

Johann

2 hours ago, XRay said:

You get 100 Nintendo points though. I think you can trade that in for Feathers and Stamina potions at the My Nintendo website I think.

Oh, I didn't know that. Thanks! I might use that for some Animal Crossing rewards.

11 minutes ago, SuperNova125 said:

Voted for Duo Alfonse as he is in my opinion one of the best duo heroes combat wise. Though his duo skill might not be as good for others, it serves him perfectly and can be pretty useful for certain teams and units like special spiral units not named Ophelia. He also is a very good fodder in Special Spiral and the rare close counter. 

Ah, and I found who I'm going to vote for! Thanks for the idea, let's hope he gets to the Voting Gauntlet phase! Fingers crossed.

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With the whole VG format this is going to have I was hoping that the choices were all going to at least be Seasonal/Limited characters, but Edel is there as the salt unit, which I'm not surprised that some salt unit was going to be there. These results remind me to never underestimate the casual audience. Even L!Ike and B!Veronica who you can already get for free.

I will say right now: I will be so mad if I get Edelgard as my Free Hero. Even Idunn, that is in 10th place would be better than Edelgard, because she has Fort. Def/Res so at least she will be good fodder.

Can we change Edelgard for Duo Alfonse, please? I got Alfonse yesterday, but he is better fodder than Mrs. Adrestian Scum.

7 minutes ago, Rinco said:

Edelgard? Really? A unit in the regular pool? People are going mad

I don't mind a hero from the regular pool... if this hero is really good or has great fodder. But not Edelgard.

4 minutes ago, daisy jane said:

well you can say that with the mythics too. 

No. It's not the same thing. Legendaries and Mythic Heroes are only in their own pool, and they are rarer compared to Edelgard.

1 minute ago, Diovani Bressan said:

I will say right now: I will be so mad if I get Edelgard as my Free Hero. Even Idunn, that is in 10th place would be better than Edelgard, because she has Fort. Def/Res so at least she will be good fodder.

Can we change Edelgard for Duo Alfonse, please? I got Alfonse yesterday, but he is better fodder than Mrs. Adrestian Scum.

I don't mind a hero from the regular pool... if this hero is really good or has great fodder. But not Edelgard.

No. It's not the same thing. Legendaries and Mythic Heroes are only in their own pool, and they are rarer compared to Edelgard.

they are rarer. 
but if people want them they can get them a heck of a lot easier than Duo Alfonse or Chrismas Sothis. . 

seriously. i'll practice what i'll preach and lose gracefully - but at least with Choose Your Houses - you don't have to pull on the banner, and you don't have to choose anything. With this people are voting for mythics to help with AR - without even considering not everyone cares about AR - again at least pick units that you can at least bless and get some extra benefits in every mode. not just. 1 (well two. i forgot about MS, but still).hell. at least vote for good Fodder. and it wouldn't even bug me if we could choose . 

they are rarer. 
but if people want them they can get them a heck of a lot easier than Duo Alfonse or Chrismas Sothis. .

Yes, and Edelgard is even more easier to get, another good reason for her to not be there! She is the problem. W Sothis and NY Alfonse can be there without problems.

You can summon on the Hero Fest tomorrow and get a Edelgard without wanting her.

15 minutes ago, daisy jane said:

well you can say that with the mythics too. 

whatever. - hopefully Sothis can clutch it out 

Except that Mythics are actually worth a lot. 

8 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

Yeah Edelgard is a fine unit, but not worth a spot here, value or skill wise she lacks. A great unit, but not for something like this.

they are rarer. 

seriously. i'll practice what i'll preach and lose gracefully - but at least with Choose Your Houses - you don't have to pull on the banner, and you don't have to choose anything. With this people are voting for mythics to help with AR - without even considering not everyone cares about AR - again at least pick units that you can at least bless and get some extra benefits in every mode. not just. 1 (well two. i forgot about MS, but still).hell. at least vote for good Fodder. and it wouldn't even bug me if we could choose . 

So what is W!Sothis going to do compared to a Mythic like Altina? Help with arena assault, wow, what a help.

Altina is valuable for AR, even the people that don’t play for ranking and just play the bare minimum for Grails. She is good for Mjolnir strike, she is great for ingame content because of her meister dc weapon and she can be used in AA. 

W!Sothis can be an AA unit, get blessed to be used as a non functional tank since she lacks merges for most people. She doesn’t have her bonus week stats anymore so what is she going to do except be a weight tied to your ankle?

2 minutes ago, Vicious Sal said:

Except that Mythics are actually worth a lot. 

Yeah Edelgard is a fine unit, but not worth a spot here, value or skill wise she lacks. A great unit, but not for something like this.

So what is W!Sothis going to do compared to a Mythic like Altina? Help with arena assault, wow, what a help.

Altina is valuable for AR, even the people that don’t play for ranking and just play the bare minimum for Grails. She is good for Mjolnir strike, she is great for ingame content because of her meister dc weapon and she can be used in AA. 

W!Sothis can be an AA unit, get blessed to be used as a non functional tank since she lacks merges for most people. She doesn’t have her bonus week stats anymore so what is she going to do except be a weight tied to your ankle?

It didn't have to be Winter Sothis - . (she's up there now so clearly people would like her - or they want her fodder - she's got a tier 4 C skill which is extremely tough to find). 
If you want to barely play AR (or MS), you already have two units that can help with that. and if you're barely playing then you shouldn't care about having an Astra hero. and as I pointed out had it been someone like. Dancer Berkut - that's 3++ things he's more beneficial in.(or Duo Alfonse, or  something)  (because he can actually get blessed) vs a neutral Altina.(and  considering that A: i love Altina, and B: i love fliers)  - i'm not saying this as"blegh, it's someone i have." hell if Ike won at least that's hard to get fodder (In def tactic, and warding breath or whatever).  if you don't  want Altina (for reasons and we all know people have them) - she doesn't even have good fodder

honestly, it just bugs me that this year we're getting a free hero that you have no choice on - at least last year you had a 1 in 4 chance in getting something (which was still equally dumb). 

and as i've stated. I personally would want something extremely rare to get. vs. a mythic/legendary hero. I said that last year. too (for consistency).  and chances are i'll be saying it again next year. 

Seriously? The highest Duo Hero is NY!Alfonse/Sharena? I'd have thought Ephraim/Lyon woulda been higher.

...you know, since he isn't in the summoning pool?

...anyway, can I be honest? I seriously am starting to not like these mid-term results. I feel like they instill either a victorious or defeatist shift in voting, in that "Oh yay the hero I've been voting for is in the Top XX! Better keep feeding them votes!" which to be fair I guess would probably not result in any major change, but then I think they'd instill this thought into people, such as myself, who AREN'T voting for someone in the Top XX:
"Oh, there's now no way my chosen hero can win, I guess I'll just put my votes into someone else..."
Take me for instance. I've been voting for NY!Selkie, and she's not even in the top 20. There was also CYL4, where I been voting for SD!Marth, but of course he was 3rd for men in the interim, and that result didn't change by the end.
Either way, the way I see things, it installs the above thought processes into the majority of voters, and the final results are decided before we're halfway through the voting period because the votes will suddenly shift toward those in the top... let's say 12, because the top 9-12 probably have the best odds of overtaking someone in the top 8.

58 minutes ago, LoneStar said:

Even L!Ike and B!Veronica who you can already get for free.

It's amazing, but there are still a ton of people who think the number next to each Hero on the voting screen is their # of votes even though the top of said screen clearly explains that they're not.

Come on people, reading really isn't that hard.

Also, why exactly is Edelgard up there? Everyone else is a limited time unit and then you have her. Why?

Edited by DefyingFates

4 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

I seriously am starting to not like these mid-term results.

I never liked mid-term results. They almost always affect the final results, which bothers me. Not to mention that it creates false hopes on people.

7 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

Seriously? The highest Duo Hero is NY!Alfonse/Sharena? I'd have thought Ephraim/Lyon woulda been higher.

...you know, since he isn't in the summoning pool?

Well, all others Duo Heroes are not in the summoning pool. And since Duo Ephrain is not a seasonal unit, nothing stop him to be in a Hero Fest, for example. But you can argue that seasonals Duo Heroes will return in seasonal revivals.

For me, Ephraim is a great unit, but has the least useful Duo Skill. +1 Mov to Infantry and Armor can be useful, but not for me.

Why Edelgard? Would any player really like to have a copy of her that desperately? She isn't that good fooder and there are better units that fulfill her role. Looking at the positions of Edelgard, Dimitri, Claude and Byleth it seems like some people voted based on their preferences for the Lords and not besed on performance and fodder. 

Surprised to see normal Sothis in there but I guess she is a defensive Mythic. The rest are really good. Why not any duo though? I guess I will be supporting Alfonse since Altina and winter Sothis are in good positions. 

1 hour ago, Vicious Sal said:

She still is rare as a seasonal and a good unit you can bless her so she can be used in whatever season you want to and has really good fodder. I believe she is worthy of a spot in the VG.