A Hero Rises 2020 - [UPDATE: Midway results are in]

Johann

12 minutes ago, Landmaster said:

Gonna keep voting for Alm and Leif, happy they made it to the Top 8~ I'll still be happy if either Sothis wins~

Yeah, I'll vote for them wishing they take Edelgard down and some other useful hero take her from 8th also

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I see. Hmm...Idunn has a lot of fodder I'd like. Maybe I should push for her. Then again, Lif is really great for fodder for a bigger variety of people. I already voted for him once, but...it may be best to try to assure he stays in the top 8. After all, everyone's only voted a maximum of 3 times so far, so it can't be all that much that each unit's accumulated. Even so, I kind of want to maximize my wallpaper count.

Hmm, no way to influence this in a way that's favourable to me. I do want Alfonse in, but not at the expense of Leif or Alm. I'd like Edelgard and Armour Sothis (on account of being an armour) out but voting for other units isn't going to be able to selectively remove them so eh.

Units 10-15 don't do anything for me, so Alfonse is the only live pick in play really.

Nice, Altina at the top of the rankings. Hope she wins the VG portion.

Seeing Legend Ike among the top 20 is a bit concerning... I'm just gonna see it as players misreading Ike's being hero who gets tapped on the most on the home menu as Ike having the most votes or players just being lazy when looking through the red list.

Omg Edelgard, really? I hope Altina / Sothis wins, but I’m voting all alm and Leif to try and kick her out of 6th. Personally, I want Alm more than any of the top 8, but I’m sure that’s a lost cause

1 hour ago, Jave said:

All my votes for Winter Sothis. Why? I don’t have her. Yeah, I’m being selfish and voting for a character I want. 

i am hoping that Edelgard drops out of the top 8 - then 3H army supports sothis and she can win. 

1 hour ago, Roflolxp54 said:

I'm just gonna see it as players misreading Ike's being hero who gets tapped on the most on the home menu as Ike having the most votes

Yep. Look at any discussion about A Hero Rises on any site and you'll see a bunch of people thinking this. Apparently reading a sentence at the top of the page you're currently on is too hard for some folks...

6 minutes ago, DefyingFates said:

Yep. Look at any discussion about A Hero Rises on any site and you'll see a bunch of people thinking this. Apparently reading a sentence at the top of the page you're currently on is too hard for some folks...

to be fair the first day i i was really surprised veronica, ike, fjorm were "winning" the voting already then i saw what it meant. 

15 minutes ago, daisy jane said:

to be fair the first day i i was really surprised veronica, ike, fjorm were "winning" the voting already then i saw what it meant. 

That's just it: you were surprised but then you took the time to read what the numbers meant. There are too many people who don't bother to do even that and just complain that "people are voting for units that are already free, how dumb is that?! I guess I should as well!"

Thankfully they haven't gotten anyone into the top 8, but it's still baffling that Ike and Fjorm are even in the top 20 at all...

Edited by DefyingFates

Wait wait wait a moment here, this is not how I envision the midterm results to look like. B!Veronica and Warding Breath fodder L!Ike so close to the top 10...really people? Also, I wonder if the people voting for the Three Houses Lords realize this isn't a popularity contest because I do not like seeing Edelgard in sixth place at the moment. I mean I know you can do some crazy stuff with galeforce on her but do people really want her that badly despite Edelgard being in the permanent summoning pool (I would know she exist there since I got pitybroken by her twice last year) plus she doesn't even have that good of skills for fodder. She's going to be the new L!Lyn at this rate.

Other than Edelgard I'm content with the other seven units currently in the top 8. Altina would let me deploy two Astra Mythics during that season, Sothis and Lif can help reduce lift loss or at the very least has good skills I can fodder, Alm and Lief are powerful bow units, W!Sothis is a monster tank unit and also has good fodder and another merge for L!Azura never hurts plus I still prefer L!Azura over Peony anyways.

I voted for L!Alm today. Not sure if I should give the rest of my votes to him or L!Lief to ensure they stay in the top 8 or if I should give some votes to Duo Alfonse, Idunn or even Surtr in an attempt to boot Edelgard out.

Edited by NSSKG151

Ugh, I have everyone in the top 8 already except for Lif and I don't really want to vote for him... And now Hrid has no chance of winning regardless of whether I throw all my votes to him. I'm not sure what to do.

I am going to rally behind Leif and NY!Alphonse since I like them and I really don't want to end up with Edelgard as the freebie because she would be useless to me.  Everyone else in the top 8 I would be happy with so I am just hoping that I don't get forced to end up with someone I don't want.  I want the VG to have only units I would be fine with so I don't get stuck with someone I won't use.

Even though I JUST pulled Líf, I would love a second to merge (and get rid of his -SPD!), and I'd also be happy with another SK!Alm. The rest...meh. I don't mind skill-fodder, but I'd rather get a merge of a character I want to use, so I'll get voting for Líf and maybe some for SK!Alm!

Aw, man. Yune isn't getting anywhere? Guess I'll switch to Duo Alfonse, then. And it looks like I'm going to have to choose whichever team is opposing LH!Azura, since she's the only one I already have out of those (and I'm sure nobody really wants everyone to have her. 😕 )

Only units I'm missing from those are Sothis, Sothis, Alm, Alfonse, Dimitri, Roy, Byleth, and Claude. Wouldn't mind any of those eight, but nothing at the top of my list. Closest is regular Sothis, I guess - she's my only currently missing mythic, so she'd be my last possible non-merge improvement to base AR scores.

Regular Sothis seems solidly positioned, so I might vote for Alfonse in hopes of maximizing how many units I'm missing are in the finals, so there's the lowest odds of a duplicate. Although I have to say, of all the possible duplicates, Altina would be hard to complain about. My current one is -Atk, and the score boost from a merge would be nice.

Edited by Othin

52 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Ugh, I have everyone in the top 8 already except for Lif and I don't really want to vote for him... And now Hrid has no chance of winning regardless of whether I throw all my votes to him. I'm not sure what to do.

Vote for Altina like everyone else

From ranks 11-20, I only am missing Claude and Fallen Tiki. I do not want a repeat of anybody. As much as I want a Claude, I do NOT want a free one. He is probably the sole colorless unit in the game right now I would not mind being pity broken by? Maybe also Leanne... but anyway! I don't really care about Fallen Tiki at all, and I might even be disappointed if she ever shows up lol.

As for ranks 1-10, I only have 4 units: L Azura, Lif, Edelgard and NY Alfonse. I like Idunn, and I would not mind a pity break of her, but, again, I do not want her free. I don't mind Altina, and she would be nice to have for free. Sothis I feel the same about, but I think I prefer Altina as a character than Sothis. W Sothis I now is OP, but I don't care about her at all, though a strong free unit is always welcome. Alm and Leif are 2 of my favorite characters AND I don't have them, so I would be happiest if it were to be one of them, though chances are slim. 

Booking it on an Altina win!

People complaining about Altina when Lazura is useless to people who already have her.

Altina/Sothis/W!Sothis/Lif are solid. Meh to dislike for the rest. I'll keep voting for Alfonzo to get him in the top 8.

Just now, Hilda said:

then dont vote and be surprised and enjoy the free unit you get

As of right now, there actually very likely won't be one I enjoy much... I'll surely be foddering it or sending it home for flowers.

3 hours ago, Anacybele said:

Why? I don't have a reason to.

Getting a merge for Altina can still be a benefit for AR, Coliseum, and MS, though that's only if you're willing to commit to merging her. Or running 2 Altina in a AR-O team can be fun for a Vantage sweeper assuming you don't have Naga.