A Hero Rises 2020 - [UPDATE: Midway results are in]

Johann

28 minutes ago, NekoKnight said:

People complaining about Altina when Lazura is useless to people who already have her.

Me and my +Spd/-Atk L!Azura beg to differ with that statement.

I could’ve fixed that last year, but of course the gacha RNG said “lol no” and spat out a Myrrh instead.

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ah, I was just wondering who to toss votes for, since I already voted for L!Celica and Duo!Ephraim and I wasnt sure if it was worth it. Sad that L!Celica isnt up there, I missed her, but I might try splitting my remaining vote for Duo!Ephraim and Sothis since I've wanted her since she came out months ago. Theres a mix of units I have and dont have on the top 8, so I'm just hoping the winner is either a new unit for me or good fodder. Hopefully theres a good chance of that, and not some meme unit like L!Lyn or something.

22 minutes ago, Roflolxp54 said:

Getting a merge for Altina can still be a benefit for AR, Coliseum, and MS, though that's only if you're willing to commit to merging her. Or running 2 Altina in a AR-O team can be fun for a Vantage sweeper assuming you don't have Naga.

I do have Naga, actually. And sure, an Altina merge would be nice, but that's if she actually becomes the freebie. Remember, she still has to win the associated voting gauntlet too, which she can still lose even if she gets first place here.

3 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I do have Naga, actually. And sure, an Altina merge would be nice, but that's if she actually becomes the freebie. Remember, she still has to win the associated voting gauntlet too, which she can still lose even if she gets first place here.

Personally, I want Altina to lose so ranking high in Astra would not be harder.

I mean, it is still fine if she wins, since I do really not need a Gold Throne, but it would be nice to have.

Edited by XRay

17 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

Me and my +Spd/-Atk L!Azura beg to differ with that statement.

I could’ve fixed that last year, but of course the gacha RNG said “lol no” and spat out a Myrrh instead.

That’s perfect boon/bane though? Why merge and get rid of the flaw? On an AR def team and during autobattles like TT+  you want the dancer dancing. Lower attack means lower chance of proccing the 5 dmg rule. So yours is the best nature you can get, I am envious.

Edelgard? Really?

This is so dumb. Even if I don't approve winter Sothis, at least she's a seasonal.

But Edelgard...

Edited by Nym

22 minutes ago, Vicious Sal said:

That’s perfect boon/bane though? Why merge and get rid of the flaw? On an AR def team and during autobattles like TT+  you want the dancer dancing. Lower attack means lower chance of proccing the 5 dmg rule. So yours is the best nature you can get, I am envious.

I haven’t auto-battled in TTs for a long time now and you could say that I don’t even try when it comes to AR defense:

Spoiler

VVz6Eh8.png

14 minutes ago, Nym said:

Edelgard? Really?

This is do dumb. Even if I don't approve winter Sothis, at least she's a seasonal.

But Edelgard...

Yeah, the thirst of the Edelgard stans is just getting sad now and perhaps a touch concerning too.

I might just have to swallow my pride and throw all of my remaining votes to duo Alfonse to try and boot Edelgard out.

39 minutes ago, XRay said:

Personally, I want Altina to lose so ranking high in Astra would not be harder.

I mean, it is still fine if she wins, since I do really not need a Gold Throne, but it would be nice to have.

Gold Thrones are impossible (hyperbole) to get right now. Even getting to T26, I missed the cut for the Silver Throne. I suppose I'm lucky to have gotten a few Gold Thrones while there weren't so many players in T21+

7 minutes ago, NekoKnight said:

Gold Thrones are impossible (hyperbole) to get right now. Even getting to T26, I missed the cut for the Silver Throne. I suppose I'm lucky to have gotten a few Gold Thrones while there weren't so many players in T21+

What mythic heroes do you have for astra season? 

9 minutes ago, Icelerate said:

What mythic heroes do you have for astra season? 

Just one Altina. But that's besides the point for getting thrones as T26 is my best performance for Light season where I have two mythics.

11 minutes ago, NekoKnight said:

Just one Altina. But that's besides the point for getting thrones as T26 is my best performance for Light season where I have two mythics.

I have never got to tier 27 either. I have one Altina, one Naga, two Eirs and two Peonys. I have an interesting strategy in mind once I get hands on a second copy of Altina and a second copy of Velouria which is why I will support her in the VG. But other than Sothis and Lif, the top 8 is disappointing to me. I'm going to vote in Surtr to top 8. Since Altina is guaranteed to be in the top 8, who are you going to vote for to bring into top 8 at the expense of Edelgard, Leif and Alm? Alfonse seems like the best option but I dislike how duo heroes have been implemented in the game so I'd rather not promote them especially because Alfonse and Sharena duo unit overshadows Sharena, just like the story. Also, I want Surtr merges. Surtr shits on your boy Lyon and shows us what a true villain is like. 

Just now, Icelerate said:

I have never got to tier 27 either. I have one Altina, one Naga, two Eirs and two Peonys. I have an interesting strategy in mind once I get hands on a second copy of Altina and a second copy of Velouria which is why I will support her in the VG. But other than Sothis and Lif, the top 8 is disappointing to me. I'm going to vote in Surtr to top 8. Since Altina is guaranteed to be in the top 8, who are you going to vote for to bring into top 8 at the expense of Edelgard, Leif and Alm? Alfonse seems like the best option but I dislike how duo heroes have been implemented in the game so I'd rather not promote them especially because Alfonse and Sharena duo unit overshadows Sharena, just like the story. Also, I want Surtr merges. Surtr shits on your boy Lyon and shows us what a true villain is like. 

Alfonse is a solid choice for fodder and as a unit (Special Spiral for Lyon, om nom nom). 

Surtr? More like Suckr! Get back to me when you win a voting gauntlet.

15 hours ago, daisy jane said:

Here are the midterms from twitter

EP6eRl9VUAAMLWf.jpg

i don't know ifi should just back christmas/regular sothis - or try to get Duo Alfonse. (sigh)

I'm okay with all of the characters in the top 8/10, but Azura makes me ??? While I still haven't gotten her, she was a Find-and-Vote finalist, so statistically about 25% of the players should have gotten her. So ... do people who've never pulled her want her THAT badly to push her up this high again?

Objectively I have no issue with Alm being here, I just personally wouldn't want him because I already have a really good Alm. I don't have an issue with Edelgard but find her being here (along with the other two 3H lords) maybe a sign that she's high up not because she's a good unit but because people want her. Because, I mean, she's good but I wouldn't put her above Duo Alfonse or any of the other Duo Heroes.

Veronica and Legendary Ike being in top 20 make me go WTF, especially Ike.

Anyway, I'm going to go all out on Leif, because I want Leif and I think he'd be a good freebie for everyone.

Edited by Sunwoo

1 hour ago, Tybrosion said:

Yeah, the thirst of the Edelgard stans is just getting sad now and perhaps a touch concerning too.

I might just have to swallow my pride and throw all of my remaining votes to duo Alfonse to try and boot Edelgard out.

I remember Chaz joking on Mangs's Golden Deer playthough about Lysithea fans being the type of people to make new alt accounts just for her to win CYL.

Now I'm starting to think it might actually be Edelgard fans.

16 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

I'm okay with all of the characters in the top 8/10, but Azura makes me ??? While I still haven't gotten her, she was a Find-and-Vote finalist, so statistically about 25% of the players should have gotten her. So ... do people who've never pulled her want her THAT badly to push her up this high?

Objectively I have no issue with Alm being here, I just personally wouldn't want him because I already have a really good Alm. I don't have an issue with Edelgard but find her being here (along with the other two 3H lords) maybe a sign that she's high up not because she's a good unit but because people want her. Because, I mean, she's good but I wouldn't put her above Duo Alfonse or any of the other Duo Heroes.

Veronica and Legendary Ike being in top 20 make me go WTF, especially Ike.

Anyway, I'm going to go all out on Leif, because I want Leif and I think he'd be a good freebie for everyone.

Wait Azura makes you ??? but not Edelgard? A regular unit?

I would prefer even Idunn over this. At least she has decent fodder.

19 minutes ago, Nym said:

Wait Azura makes you ??? but not Edelgard? A regular unit?

I would prefer even Idunn over this. At least she has decent fodder.

I thought it was implied from my post that Edelgard does make me ??? too, just to a much smaller extent.

Again, Azura has existed for a lot longer than Edelgard and people have had more chances to get her and she was even a Find and Vote finalist last year. So I'm surprised that she's this high even now. Edelgard is a bit newer and hasn't had as much banners and has people just voting for favorite characters behind her (presumably), so makes a bit more sense as to why she's there.

That said, I'd prefer for neither Azura and Edelgard to be on the list and for two Duo Heroes to be in their place instead. Or even Legendary Roy.

Edited by Sunwoo

1 hour ago, Nym said:

Edelgard? Really?

This is so dumb. Even if I don't approve winter Sothis, at least she's a seasonal.

But Edelgard...

This sums up my thoughts about these disappointing mid term results except I think winter Sothis would be a great winner.  Edelgard is in the regular pool, I have her, fine unit, but in the regular pool and doesn't have anything exceptional fodder wise either.  That she is at #6, gives her a strong chance to stay top eight, possibly win the VG and be our prize.  Can you imagine the disappointment?

Then what is L! Azura doing up there?  Poor fodder, and though a legendary hero, she is a dancer and doesn't benefit much from merges.  The rest of the top 10 look fine.  However where are the Duos?  I voted everytime for Marth Duo and he's not even in the top 20 so I am wasting my votes no way he can crack top 8 now.  Ephraim got there in the teens, small chance, I guess I could go for Alfonse a merge would be nice.  Push him from #9 to #8.  Winter Sothis I don't have at all (Lif too) but they are much more likely to make top 8 without my help.

30 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

I'm okay with all of the characters in the top 8/10, but Azura makes me ??? While I still haven't gotten her, she was a Find-and-Vote finalist, so statistically about 25% of the players should have gotten her. So ... do people who've never pulled her want her THAT badly to push her up this high again?

Having 25% of the player base not want to vote for you means literally nothing with this many candidates.

Even placing 3rd means you've obtained at the very most only 33% of the total votes (though obviously it's much, much lower in reality), and that's still much smaller than the 75% of the votes that are still available.

Also add to the fact that some people might still be bitter about not getting Azura from that event and that some people might be new to the game and weren't able to participate in that event.

In my experience with the game, there are really only two current units I consider game-changing, and they are legendaries Azura and Leif. They're such a big quality-of-life improvement that I feel everyone should have access to them, and if that's via winning this event then so be it. I'd have quit doing ARs at all some months ago without access to them, and they make Mjolnir's mode a lot more tolerable too. Supreme utility in all the less competitive game modes too.

2 hours ago, NekoKnight said:

And that is for Astra Season? I do not think Astra was as hard to rank as Light.

9 minutes ago, XRay said:

And that is for Astra Season? I do not think Astra was as hard to rank as Light.

Light season. I only have one Astra Mythic so I don't rank highly during that season.

Wound up choosing Brave Ike this time again for the wallpaper (also because I don't think that will affect things too much and even if it did, he's a solid unit.) I guess we have 3 more days in which to vote. I wonder who should fill up these last 3 spots for me. Dancing Berkut doesn't seem to have enough traction to make it into the final 8. Hmm...

2 hours ago, Lemmy said:

Anyone see a wallpaper that looked particularly nice?

Most of them look nice, honestly. Just certain characters like Lloyd that don't, because of...questionable art. But not all questionable art characters look bad in the wallpaper! Rebecca, for instance, looks fine, since they're using all the attack/special art instead of the standard neutral art.

1 hour ago, Humanoid said:

In my experience with the game, there are really only two current units I consider game-changing, and they are legendaries Azura and Leif. They're such a big quality-of-life improvement that I feel everyone should have access to them, and if that's via winning this event then so be it. I'd have quit doing ARs at all some months ago without access to them, and they make Mjolnir's mode a lot more tolerable too. Supreme utility in all the less competitive game modes too.

I'd say Bridal Fjorm is a massive game changer for AR. Shutting down dancers unravels so many maps.

30 minutes ago, Johann said:

I'd say Bridal Fjorm is a massive game changer for AR. Shutting down dancers unravels so many maps.

Would've loved a copy but the free seasonal grey gave me a Bruno instead. My only flying healer at the moment is a lone Sakura. That said, outside of ARs she wouldn't be as impactful I feel.

On the plus side, by the time the Bridal banners are re-run this year, the summoning pool should have been purged of a lot of junk. I've refusing to summon on 3/3% banners for a good number of months now because of it.