A Hero Rises 2020 - [UPDATE: Midway results are in]

Johann

12 minutes ago, Namero said:

Oh no... What is Edelgard doing there?!... Every other unit on there is a limited unit that I would be happy to have an extra copy of. But Edelgard is a mediocre unit with mediocre fodder that is abundantly available in the normal summoning pool. I pulled two copies of her just this past week going for duo Alm. I will be disappointed beyond despair if she wins this. I'll be siding with whoever she is up against right from the start just to help ensure she does not win. I would advise anybody else that doesn't want what might as well be a five star Bartre to do the same! If the one she is against ain't the one you want to support then you can just contribute nothing further to that character after Edelgard loses, but we certainly don't want her to win this! Did several people mistaken this for a popularity contest? Edelgard already won CYL meaning they can all get a Free one later this year; no need to ruin an event like this for the rest of us! lol

You seem to have a problem with Edelgard.  I can't help you with that.  But what I can do is offer suggestions:

1. Read what her weapons and skills do.  Her kit is coherent, assuming you know how to leverage it.
2. Thank the devs for free Atk/Def Solo fodder.  I'm sure DImitri wouldn't mind.

Signed,
Someone who's probably going to +10 Edelgard without specifically pulling for her

---

I'm torn between support Alm because I want more merges, or Alphonse and Sharena because it's their game dammit.  I have an argument for every single unit there, so I'll just follow my heart.

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh wow Duo Alphonse support skyrocketed. Wasn't he just below the #8 spot? I'm legit impressed.

Edelgard I see dropped a fair bit, but she still pushed Lif out of the running.

Everyone else remained in the top 8 otherwise.

Eh... yes there's heroes here I'd like to get. My Altina, Christmas Sothis, and Legendary Leif all have fairly crummy assets and flaws, Neutral is, imo, far better. Legendary Alm is aight, I wouldn't mind making him stronger. Sothis is... something, but there's a few heroes I could see liking Time's Pulse (Ophelia wouldn't even need to be in a team of other tomes at that point!). And Duo Alphonse/Sharena I don't even have so... yeah. But the two I'm not enthusiastic about are Edelgard and Legendary Azura... Edelgard I'm just not that interested in at the moment, and Leg Azura... I mean, we HAD our chance at free Azura last year already, not to mention I +10ed her already and don't play the game enough where her fodder skills mean anything to me. Maybe if I could give her alts her Gray Waves skill that'd be something, but as it stands she just wouldn't be a good free reward for me.

Others? Yes, but not for me. But otherwise there's a 3 in 4 chance that I'll get a good free unit or fodder, which are odds I'm willing to take.

...methinks I'll support Alphonse, since I don't have him.

Edited by Xenomata

You know I’m mad when I’m allowing myself a cuss word, but dammit Edelgard, you’ve already helped ruin CYL for me, now I can’t try for a second Lif either. Dmitri looks better every time I see Edelgard in anything.

...That said, worst-case scenario I get to laugh maniacally as I feed an Edelgard to Roy. That might help me feel better about having to put up with her existence.

48 minutes ago, eclipse said:

You seem to have a problem with Edelgard.  I can't help you with that.  But what I can do is offer suggestions:

1. Read what her weapons and skills do.  Her kit is coherent, assuming you know how to leverage it.
2. Thank the devs for free Atk/Def Solo fodder.  I'm sure DImitri wouldn't mind.

Signed,
Someone who's probably going to +10 Edelgard without specifically pulling for her

---

I'm torn between support Alm because I want more merges, or Alphonse and Sharena because it's their game dammit.  I have an argument for every single unit there, so I'll just follow my heart.

Dimitri thanked Edelgard profusely for the Rouse Atk/Def. Then had her meet the pointy end of a lance.

I'll be joining that army versus Edelgard, because like hell do I want another copy of her.

1 minute ago, silverserpent said:

Dimitri thanked Edelgard profusely for the Rouse Atk/Def. Then had her meet the pointy end of a lance.

I'll be joining that army versus Edelgard, because like hell do I want another copy of her.

Even if you don't want her, she's amazing fodder.  Hence why complaining is a little silly IMO.

If she was replaced by someone like Est (no offense to Est fans), that's when the pitchforks come out.

...what a load of doodoo. Even a 3* Klein would’ve been better. Edelgard?...more Atk/Def solo fodder, I guess...

Disappointing indeed. 

I have no use for any of the 8 besides being turned into combat manuals. 

Just a reminder to KEEP THE SALT TO REASONABLE LEVELS.

Those that feel they are being reasonable can pay for my groceries, so I can afford to NOT be F2P in this game.

3 minutes ago, eclipse said:

Even if you don't want her, she's amazing fodder.  Hence why complaining is a little silly IMO.

If she was replaced by someone like Est (no offense to Est fans), that's when the pitchforks come out.

Attack defense solo is really niche and mostly good on player phase units with auto follow up but they prefer sturdy impact more.

Dull close is available on Cormag. Rouse atk/def 3 is decent but self buffing skills aren't great because a main attacker should be using smokes or tier 4 threatens while support units should be using tactics, hones, etc. 

Just now, Icelerate said:

Attack defense solo is really niche and mostly good on player phase units with auto follow up but they prefer sturdy impact more.

Dull close is available on Cormag. Rouse atk/def 3 is decent but self buffing skills aren't great because a main attacker should be using smokes or tier 4 threatens while support units should be using tactics, hones, etc. 

Atk/Def Solo triggers by not being next to anyone, and gives the same buff as Death Blow 3 (and better buffs that Sturdy Blow 3), on both phases.  Oh yes I can find a use for it.  And it's perfect synergy with Rouse.  Plus, it can be shoved onto staffbots (though Atk/Res Solo or Atk/Spd Solo would be preferable for most).

Stuff like Sturdy Blow 4 is out of range for someone with middling F2P luck.  I don't sack my one and only copy of a unit, ever.

7 minutes ago, eclipse said:

Atk/Def Solo triggers by not being next to anyone, and gives the same buff as Death Blow 3 (and better buffs that Sturdy Blow 3), on both phases.  Oh yes I can find a use for it.  And it's perfect synergy with Rouse.  Plus, it can be shoved onto staffbots (though Atk/Res Solo or Atk/Spd Solo would be preferable for most).

Stuff like Sturdy Blow 4 is out of range for someone with middling F2P luck.  I don't sack my one and only copy of a unit, ever.

Don't the solo skills give out of combat buffs? I thought that was the case, but I'm not sure now. (I tend to prefer stance skills, being primarily an EP fighter myself.)

3 minutes ago, Humanoid said:

I must have missed the month where copies of Edelgard were being handed out like candy, judging by most of the comments here. 😮

Yeah, me too. I think I pulled Edelgard by accident, but I also accidentally put her into a paper shredder for some hero feathers. I don't actually know who I'm gonna side with. I don't have strong feelings for any of the characters and I don't really care what stats to fodder most of the time, but I suppose I will have to support Sothis.

3 minutes ago, Humanoid said:

I must have missed the month where copies of Edelgard were being handed out like candy, judging by most of the comments here. 😮

No, just unfortunate pity breaks from last Legendary banner. If anything, I'd like more copies of either Sothis or Altina, since I don't have her. Edelgard blocked me from getting Dimitri twice and I'm still salty about it. He'd have been +10 by now and I could focus on other banners/units.

9 minutes ago, Humanoid said:

That would be December I would guess, since she was sharing green with legendary Celica. I certainly got Edelgard there (twice actually) before getting Celica. 

So needless to say, I kinda don't need, let alone want, another Edelgard. 

5 minutes ago, Mercakete said:

Don't the solo skills give out of combat buffs? I thought that was the case, but I'm not sure now. (I tend to prefer stance skills, being primarily an EP fighter myself.)

Yep.  Since they're out-of-combat, something like Panic can't screw with them.

Solo will give out the same stat boost as a single Stance, but on two stats, except it's on both phases, with the only clause being "no adjacent ally unit".  In other words, I see them as a strict upgrade to Blow/Stance, as long as you can get the positioning down.

Hahah, this is great. I don't have any of these units except for Christmas Sothis, so I'd be happy with any of them, even Edie.

I didn't even bother voting because I hate the way they're doing this, but it seemed to work out. Plot twist, those who didn't vote aren't allowed the winning unit

It's a shame Christmas Marth-Elice and Legendary Marth didn't make it, I want more merges.

20 minutes ago, eclipse said:

Yep.  Since they're out-of-combat, something like Panic can't screw with them.

Solo will give out the same stat boost as a single Stance, but on two stats, except it's on both phases, with the only clause being "no adjacent ally unit".  In other words, I see them as a strict upgrade to Blow/Stance, as long as you can get the positioning down.

Oh. And here I thought panic affected out of combat buffs but not in combat ones.

Just now, Mercakete said:

Oh. And here I thought panic affected out of combat buffs but not in combat ones.

Wait.  In-combat.  You won't see the blue numbers.  Sorry~!

8 minutes ago, eclipse said:

Wait.  In-combat.  You won't see the blue numbers.  Sorry~!

Ah okay. XD Thanks! To clarify, solo is in combat, then?

6 minutes ago, Mercakete said:

Ah okay. XD Thanks! To clarify, solo is in combat, then?

Yes M'am! Panic cannot affect solo skills.