A Hero Rises 2020 - [UPDATE: Midway results are in]

Johann

@Benice @eclipse

Thanks! Also, that makes a lot more sense. Maybe I'll put that on my +def Valentine's Rudolf, though it seems like solo skills are better for cavalry units, and potentially fliers.

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't like that Edelgard is here I mean people that want an Edelgard really bad have CYL to look forward to. Since most units there are really good I am going to be supporting Mythic Sothis and if she loses winter Sothis, since both are good units who I need merges of and can be pretty rare. 

PM1 would probably retire if Azura won, f2p guides would become much easier. 

To be honest, I expected more duo heroes in the top 10 (or top8). The only unit I really don't need more copies of is Altina, the rest is a good choice for me personally.

My personal ranking: 

1. Alm: My favorite here, since he is a merge project (+2 currently). 
  2. Leif: My best AR-unit currently (with CC/Vantage). I'd love to get some merges for him. 
  3. Alfonse: I don't need him, but I wouldn't mind a copy. Perhaps I would make him my Astra tank since I don't have one. 
  4. Azura: A merge would fix the -ATK bane of my copy or I could build a second blue unit for arena with her Duel skill.
  5. Sothis (green): With Alfonse she is the other unit of the 8 I never got, but I don't have much use for her (or any other armor unit) honestly. Her C-skill could boost my arena score slightly, giving someone DC on top. 
  6. Sothis (red): Sacrificed my only copy, wouldn't mind to get her back. 
  7. Edelgard: No good fodder, but I got some copies from Celica's legendary banner. She is +4 now and a great Galeforce unit. Wouldn't mind more merges. 
  8. Altina: I lucked out on her banner and got two copies, being my first and only Astra hero so far. I like her, but she is no good fodder, which means she is my personal stinker of this event. 

@daisy jane @Diovani Bressan Surprised? What do you think? 

6 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

Peony is pretty close to making PheonixMaster1 retire though.

16 minutes ago, XRay said:

Peony is pretty close to making PheonixMaster1 retire though.

Peony is already pretty good, she has a similar buffing potential. L!Azura's +1 move dance would bring the cheese to a new level though. 

Huh, interesting results.

I'd be happy getting Altina, Alfonse or either Sothis. I'm pretty indifferent to Alm and Leif, because while their kits are solid, I already have an AR defense and offense teams I'm happy with. I don't have a strong need for Edelgard but I'd still take her over Lazura, who is useless to me as I already have her. I wonder how the VG will be structured. Would it just be pairing down the ranking (ie 1st vs 2nd, 3rd vs 4th, 5th vs 6th, 7th vs 8th)? I want to join team Altina but it would be brutal if she had to eliminate (or be eliminated by) Alfonse in the first match. The most cursed semi-finals for me would be Alfonse vs Leif and Lazura vs Edelgard.

Edited by NekoKnight

42 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

To be honest, I expected more duo heroes in the top 10 (or top8). The only unit I really don't need more copies of is Altina, the rest is a good choice for me personally.

My personal ranking: 

1. Alm: My favorite here, since he is a merge project (+2 currently). 
  2. Leif: My best AR-unit currently (with CC/Vantage). I'd love to get some merges for him. 
  3. Alfonse: I don't need him, but I wouldn't mind a copy. Perhaps I would make him my Astra tank since I don't have one. 
  4. Azura: A merge would fix the -ATK bane of my copy or I could build a second blue unit for arena with her Duel skill.
  5. Sothis (green): With Alfonse she is the other unit of the 8 I never got, but I don't have much use for her (or any other armor unit) honestly. Her C-skill could boost my arena score slightly, giving someone DC on top. 
  6. Sothis (red): Sacrificed my only copy, wouldn't mind to get her back. 
  7. Edelgard: No good fodder, but I got some copies from Celica's legendary banner. She is +4 now and a great Galeforce unit. Wouldn't mind more merges. 
  8. Altina: I lucked out on her banner and got two copies, being my first and only Astra hero so far. I like her, but she is no good fodder, which means she is my personal stinker of this event. 

@daisy jane @Diovani Bressan Surprised? What do you think? 

I am not sure the free VG unit would count for guides. Unless I am mistaken, we will get that unit for a limited time only, and players who started after wouldn't have that unit.

23 minutes ago, Endriu said:

I am not sure the free VG unit would count for guides. Unless I am mistaken, we will get that unit for a limited time only, and players who started after wouldn't have that unit.

The free unit is always available, Ike for example from the first a hero Rises was given in a Xenologue. 

If I want to be honest Azura would be a boring choice and my least preferred one, as the free Peony does an excellent job and though I might not have her I would prefer any of the other choices as they are all pretty unique units and fodders and I personally would like any of the rest (even an Edelgard merge wouldn't be a problem). 

Edited by SuperNova125

I guess Claude will get Rouse Atk/Def if she wins, to make even easier to trigger his bow.

I am really surprised by Alfonse... from 9th to 2nd is a big deal! I just wanted to know who will be against who... This will probably be available on Feb 24th, that is when we get the VG log-in bonus and info.

Also, hello Julia in the corner. I am glad you joined the party. It's so fitting to see a dragonkiller removing a dragon from the top 20.

6 hours ago, eclipse said:

Signed,
Someone who's probably going to +10 Edelgard without specifically pulling for her

You sound like a person who got pity broke by Edelgard a lot... But that's ok. I never summoned for Laevatein, but here I am with my +5 copy.

Edit:

@SuperNova125 According to the Feh Channel, the winner will be available during a period of one month. From March 11th to April 10th.

O3vSV7i.png

Edited by Diovani Bressan

My missing finalists are regular Sothis, Alm, Alfonse, and winter Sothis, in order of priority. If it's not one of them, another Altina would be nice, for better AR score and fixing the fact that my current one has the worst possible nature.

2 hours ago, SuperNova125 said:

The free unit is always available, Ike for example from the first a hero Rises was given in a Xenologue. 

If I want to be honest Azura would be a boring choice and my least preferred one, as the free Peony does an excellent job and though I might not have her I would prefer any of the other choices as they are all pretty unique units and fodders and I personally would like any of the rest (even an Edelgard merge wouldn't be a problem). 

This one isn't being given out through a Xenologue, they specifically said it'll only be available for about a month following the VG.

50 minutes ago, SuperNova125 said:

Wait, what? I thought it was going to be the timeframe the Xenologue releases. Just for one month and we're done? It's a shame then it truly won't count for guides. I am a bit salty right now and I feel kind of stupid for not realising the obvious. 

actually - i'm wondering how many people voted not knowing that. (I personally didn't - i voted for best fodder) - but a LOT of people were campaigning for "What's best for new players! THINK ABOUT GUIDES! THINK ABOUT AR!" which is why Altina is pretty high. 

4 minutes ago, daisy jane said:

actually - i'm wondering how many people voted not knowing that. (I personally didn't - i voted for best fodder) - but a LOT of people were campaigning for "What's best for new players! THINK ABOUT GUIDES! THINK ABOUT AR!" which is why Altina is pretty high. 

I don't think Altina was voted not because of guides. Mythic Heroes are so useful in two modes: Aether Raids and Mjolnir's Strike.

Yes, she would be good for guides, but she will be better as a unit (or a merge) for AR/MS.

4 hours ago, Endriu said:

I don't watch his guides, didn't he use units obtainable from missions for example? 

28 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

I don't watch his guides, didn't he use units obtainable from missions for example? 

Honestly IDK as I don't watch the guides either. I think I heard a criteria for f2p guides is unit accessibility, ghb units are technically available all the time via grail purchases and maybe @SuperNova125 is right and the free unit will be  available all the time (I completely disregarded the Ike precedence).

32 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

Usually those units are in the 3*/4* pool or are Grail units.

Whelp, supporting either Sothis, Leif, or Alm. Alfonse if it comes down to it. Edelgard and Altina are worthless for fodder, I already have an Edelgard just chilling until I find someone to feed her to. Don't need anymore Azuras either.

21 minutes ago, DraceEmpressa said:

Just asking, while we doesn't get lead bonus this VG, do we still get weaker/stronger multiplier?

Why wouldn't we? There's no way they're going to go back to the days when a 45-hour-long round's results are decided after the first hour.

You know, as I long as I get  free 5-star unit, I'm happy. Solo skills are hard-ish to get for F2P people like me, and I don't actually care for legendary bonuses in AR. Maybe I should, but I stillhave plently of fun in FEH, and adding another 5-star wouldn't hurt that!

(Imagine if Wyrs won though...)

28 minutes ago, DraceEmpressa said:

Just asking, while we doesn't get lead bonus this VG, do we still get weaker/stronger multiplier?

Yes. This part remain the same.

I believe we will not have the x1.1 bonus from using the army's unit. Or everyone will have the x1.1. Still not sure about it.

I really don't want Edelgard since she is in the general pool and doesn't have good fodder.  I would love any of the rest since other then M!Sothis I don't have any of the rest and would love any of them.  I think I will go with Duo!Alfonse or L!Azura for starters.

7 hours ago, NekoKnight said:

I wonder how the VG will be structured. Would it just be pairing down the ranking (ie 1st vs 2nd, 3rd vs 4th, 5th vs 6th, 7th vs 8th)? I want to join team Altina but it would be brutal if she had to eliminate (or be eliminated by) Alfonse in the first match.

Or, they could do 1st vs 8th and 4th vs 5th on one side and 2nd vs 7th and 3rd vs 6th on the other side. So:

Altina vs Edelgard, Leif vs Winter Sothis

Alfonse vs Alm, Sothis vs Azura

This way, we have the best odds of Edelgard getting weeded out immediately.

28 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

Or, they could do 1st vs 8th and 4th vs 5th on one side and 2nd vs 7th and 3rd vs 6th on the other side. So:

Altina vs Edelgard, Leif vs Winter Sothis

Alfonse vs Alm, Sothis vs Azura

This way, we have the best odds of Edelgard getting weeded out immediately.

Altina vs W!Sothis and Alfonse vs Sothis would definitely be the chef's kiss of semi finals. Somehow I fully expect Azura and Edelgard to make it there tho, with multiplier shenanigans or otherwise. It's going to be a nail biting VG.