A Hero Rises 2020 - [UPDATE: Midway results are in]

Johann

2 hours ago, Sunwoo said:

I thought it was implied from my post that Edelgard does make me ??? too, just to a much smaller extent.

Again, Azura has existed for a lot longer than Edelgard and people have had more chances to get her and she was even a Find and Vote finalist last year. So I'm surprised that she's this high even now. Edelgard is a bit newer and hasn't had as much banners and has people just voting for favorite characters behind her (presumably), so makes a bit more sense as to why she's there.

That said, I'd prefer for neither Azura and Edelgard to be on the list and for two Duo Heroes to be in their place instead. Or even Legendary Roy.

I think it's simply because L!Azura is just that good. If I didn't have her I'd definitely give her a couple of votes.

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Edelgard.... why? I'm not gonna lie, I'll be really salty if she ends up the freebie. A regular gacha unit instead of the limited seasonal and mythic/legendary heroes would suck. A lot. IS had one job lol, just do it the same way they did it the first time. You end up with the majority being happy.

48 minutes ago, Johann said:

I'd say Bridal Fjorm is a massive game changer for AR. Shutting down dancers unravels so many maps.

She can be useful in Arena Assault as well if you end up having to fight against dancer or to counter L!Lucina's future vision. 

9 hours ago, Humanoid said:

Would've loved a copy but the free seasonal grey gave me a Bruno instead. My only flying healer at the moment is a lone Sakura. That said, outside of ARs she wouldn't be as impactful I feel.

9 hours ago, Icelerate said:

She can be useful in Arena Assault as well if you end up having to fight against dancer or to counter L!Lucina's future vision. 

Yeah. Fjorm is also so ueful in Arena Assault.

I have two Bride Fjorms: one for Light seasons, and another one for Astra seasons. So I have 1 Fjorm to use in Arena Assault every season as well, and she already saved me multiple times.

I am planning to save orbs for her revival, because one of my Bride Fjorms is -HP.

13 hours ago, Nym said:

I remember Chaz joking on Mangs's Golden Deer playthough about Lysithea fans being the type of people to make new alt accounts just for her to win CYL.

Now I'm starting to think it might actually be Edelgard fans.

from personal experience, i can say that most of Edelgard fans are also Lysithea fans

i kinda developed this superpower which allows me to recognize others as Edelgard-Lysithea fans just by chatting with them a few minutes, it's crazy how accurate my predictions have been

anyway, i'm generally happy with these results, i'm not the kind of person who gets upset for getting another copy of a unit i already have, merges are always welcome, so getting my L!Alm to +2 would be great

of course, i strongly dislike edelgard being in the top 8, but i'm confident she'll lose during the voting gauntlet

i still fail to see what part of Líf's character is so appealing, except for the edgy design, but to each their own i guess

i'd be super happy if one between Altina and L!Leif wins, mostly because i failed to get them and because i hate legendary/mythic banners

Azura is good, i don't have her (heya L!Lyn), but she really breaks the game too much for me, so i'd probably fodder her off to my Altena

i don't mind those 2 sothis

11 minutes ago, Yexin said:

i still fail to see what part of Líf's character is so appealing, except for the edgy design, but to each their own i guess

I believe he scored this high because he is the new Mythic Hero. It's like Legendary Ike in the first A Hero Rises.

Líf also has the role of decrease lift loss, and he is pretty good as a fodder unit as well (Distant Counter and Time's Pulse).

Just now, daisy jane said:

If Lif won - he's instantly dead to my Bylass. 

Considering DC (built into her weapon) and Time's Pulse are Sothis' signature abilities. Bylass is getting promoted to the Enlightened One. 

3 minutes ago, NekoKnight said:

Considering DC (built into her weapon) and Time's Pulse are Sothis' signature abilities. Bylass is getting promoted to the Enlightened One. 

exactly.  and she's a +10 project of mine. (hopefully she can appreciate this dedication that i am going to give her by coming to me frequently in pity breaks in the circle where i get the intended target/free pulls and the like). it's really bugging me i can't try to get her to at least +2-3-4 via Legendary but i have to save for CYL/Legendary Dimitri/Claude. 

exactly.  and she's a +10 project of mine. (hopefully she can appreciate this dedication that i am going to give her by coming to me frequently in pity breaks in the circle where i get the intended target/free pulls and the like). it's really bugging me i can't try to get her to at least +2-3-4 via Legendary but i have to save for CYL/Legendary Dimitri/Claude. 

Besides DC and Time's Pulse, how else would you build her? I've been enjoying Windsweep on Bylad.

2 minutes ago, NekoKnight said:

Besides DC and Time's Pulse, how else would you build her? I've been enjoying Windsweep on Bylad.

Probably Lull Spd/Def or Repel/Close Call if i get that. 
could remove timepulse, and slap on Panic Smoke (and basically make Bylass, Larcei lol). 

but even with my 3H love, i'm not understanding why any of those 3 Lords are near the top 10. I can sort of see Bylass-lad because at least Ruptured Sky/Fury 4/DC - but still.  I'mma doing a Side-eye. 

Probably Lull Spd/Def or Repel/Close Call if i get that. 
could remove timepulse, and slap on Panic Smoke (and basically make Bylass, Larcei lol). 

but even with my 3H love, i'm not understanding why any of those 3 Lords are near the top 10. I can sort of see Bylass-lad because at least Ruptured Sky/Fury 4/DC - but still.  I'mma doing a Side-eye. 

Lull Spd/Def sounds nice, although it might be nice to build her in a way so she's not like every other swordmaster archetype (lol).

I suppose not everyone is voting for the best community options, rather they want their favorites that they don't have yet. All that said, people are MASSIVELY dumb, which is the only explanation for Ike being there. I wonder if we'd have better results if the characters were listed in alphabetical order instead of the completely arbitrary "number of taps" which slants voters towards commonly owned (because they're f2p giveaways) units.

I'm just wondering why people are voting for Legendary Ike, a unit distributed for free to everyone already.

Of the current top 8, the only ones I have are Altina and Azura, but my Altina is -atk so Azura is really the only one who won't add anything for me. I'd still rather the winner not be Alm or Lif, and my preference would be Edelgard or Winter Sothis so that there can be a 5* green unlimited freebie available for video guides.

49 minutes ago, Florete said:

I'm just wondering why people are voting for Legendary Ike, a unit distributed for free to everyone already.

He’s at the top of the list of reds when you go to vote, and as we learned last year (with legendary Lyn) too many people in this player base are very stupid and/or very lazy. 

4 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

He’s at the top of the list of reds when you go to vote, and as we learned last year (with legendary Lyn) too many people in this player base are very stupid and/or very lazy. 

Last year had that whole map thing you had to look around on and I recall hearing some people had trouble with it not scrolling, so they chose Lyn because she was the best option there.

You're probably right, though.

Decided I'm going to toss the rest of my votes towards L!Leif. Don't have him yet and he looks like an amazing unit to use in most game modes with those exclusive skills of his. Would be a shame if he was bumped out of top 8 by Alfonse or Idunn because people are trying to push Edelgard out.

Rest of my votes are going to Alfonse. 

I hate the idea of pushing L!Leif out because he's an amazing choice too. I can only hope his supporters are fervent enough to keep in in the top and Edelgard gets booted out. She's by far the worst choice. She's more useful to me than say, an Azura or L!Alm merge, but she's objectively the worst choice for everyone as far as a free unit for the masses goes.

15 hours ago, daisy jane said:

If Lif won - he's instantly dead to my Bylass. 

Wasn't he already dead, though...?

On 2/2/2020 at 8:50 AM, daisy jane said:

again - my little plea is - can we vote for those who are more limited in nature (ie: seasonals with great fodder) who only come once a year vs. mythics/legendaries who are on a set 3-4 month schedule?

I'm gonna have enough to complete my Blessed Gardens one day, dangit!

Edited by Morgan--Grandmaster