Do you have any kind of paid subscriptions/memberships?

XRay

Yeah, Feh Pass in Heroes is less than well executed, but I will still buy it anyways since I think it is still worth it for me. But what about you? Do you have any kind of paid subscription/membership things? Are there any that you want to get in the future?

Other than the Feh Pass that I will get in the future, I have Amazon Prime. I also have a Barnes & Noble membership thing, but now I regret having it since I do not buy enough books from Barnes & Noble to make it worth it, and even when I see a book I want, Amazon's prices will still be cheaper than Barnes & Noble, so I guess the membership technically will never be worth it if Amazon is always cheaper.

Eventually, although it is not really super necessary, I want to get my own Costco membership, but I will probably delay it as much as possible since I can always just tag along with my mom and friends. I also really like the Regal Unlimited movie pass thing, as you basically can watch any movie any time you want with no limits.

The subscription I hate the most is probably YouTube TV/YouTube Red. YouTube keep pushing that dumbass subscription crap onto me even though I keep telling them NO and I keep X-ing that stupid row of videos featuring all the retarded exclusive crap I could not give two shits about. I might consider Netflix, Disney+, or PBS, but fuck you Google. If there is one piece of advice I have for Google, is that you should fire whoever thought of hounding and annoying viewers was a good idea with an entire row of shit videos that does not even bother to cater to the viewer. That shit is just so annoying to the point where it is doing opposite of advertising. Like, if they just put Geico commercials on that row instead of some dumb YouTuber shit, I probably would not even be complaining. It is just a huge eye sore every time I scroll past and I see some idiot making shocked faces or some other stupid shit. You have a fucking algorithm for fuck's sake, use it when advertising your subscription!

Edited by XRay

I do have Netflix and Spotify (I mean, my family has, since it's cheaper that way). We also have MyTV, which I'm not sure if it even exists anywhere else in the world (at least not with the same channels as here), which is an online television subscription. It's cheaper than the alternatives, and since we use a chromecast, we can easily use smartphones or tablets to switch channels and stuff. I'm thinking of getting HBO Go just for His Dark Materials, but since I've used up my free month, I will probably just ask one of my friends to lend me their account.

I had WoW Classic for about a month, but I didn't have enough time to play, and wasn't entirely satisfied with the game and Blizzard - not to mention the Hearthstone thingy. Almost the same with FFXIV, I paid for I guess about 2 months, after the trial expired, but once again, not enough time to actually play.

While I was working in the States this summer, we've gotten university e-mail addresses (since we worked in a university's summer camp), so I was able to use that to get 6 months Amazon Prime for free, and honestly, I probably would use it even now, was it as good here in hungary, as it is over there. Sadly, we don't have 2 days shipping, or anything alike, so I got rid of it. I'm thinking of getting the book subscription thing on my Kindle, since it's around the same price as one book, and I read more than one book a month, so it would worth it I guess, but I have quite some I have to read before, to clear my backlog.

As for FEH Pass, I probably won't buy it. I still think the turn startover thing should exist by default for everyone (even if only in GHBs), and the same goes for automatic start. The only thing that's really worth is the new character/skin thingy, and honestly, I was considering buying it, because I like Lyn, but since the other one is Cordelia this time, who I'm not so fond of, I will skip. Maybe when they will give us someone from Sacred Stones and/or SoV I will reconsider.

I am subscribed to one person (Lucahjin) on twitch, and that's it, I really don't have the funds to stay subscribed to something like that, plus it stresses me out for some reason.

Personally, I hate the FEH pass and think it's disgusting that they are locking QoL changes everyone should have behind a paywall. If it was purely for cosmetics, i'd be fine with it, but I will not support this pass, as supporting it would only show IS that it's okay for them to lock QoL changes behind a paywall of 10 freaking bucks a month. You can have 5 years of nintendo switch online for that amount of money. I've sent feedback and encourage others to do the same.

I have Tidal because it's easier to have songs and not having to search a link to download it ; it's quite a bit annoying when there are some artists/songs missing but it's still worth it anyway. I have a subscription for Google Drive as well, as I'm paranoid if one day, I loose my computer or something like that. And I might consider FeH Pass as I'm playing everyday this game since the launch ; so I guess they've earned it. The features are quite nice, even if it would have been better to have them without the pass..But anyway, it's the resplendent heroes that interests me the most. ^^ Yet for now, I don't have the Nintendo online anymore as I'm waiting for more interestings things to do with it. And I'll have the Pokemon Home's subscription as well maybe. 

But it surprised me that they announced this for Heroes even if it makes sense, as they've did the same with Animal Crossing. Heroes is the only mobile games I'm playing from Nintendo most of the time so yeah..Even though I don't like this kind of things, it's frequent nowadays. They should have added some free orbs each months with the pass, but the quests are quite like this (i don't remember if it gives us orbs or not) 

Only Nintendo Switch Online, but that's cause I bought the Mario Maker LE. Otherwise I wouldn't even consider getting it.

In general I hate subscriptions. They make me feel super anxious about not getting enough value out of 'em and I kinda force myself to play for example MMO's like FFXIV until the sub ends, even if I have achieved everything I set out to do and could move on to another game.

Have the same gripe with patreons. I would gladly pay a couple of dollars for an interesting podcast that I can choose instead of subbing.

I also like to hoard things, preferably physical, so digital subs that remove content (think GamePass) are even more of a no go for me. 

Amazon Prime, Netflix, Nintendo Switch Online, Subscription to the Brown Theatre - Used to have subscription to Cincinnati Shakespeare company and the Know Theatre, but I don't live in Cincinnati anymore. I did one year to Actor's theatre as well, but I had something embarrassing happen at one of the performances attended.

Netflix, Nintendo Online and an orphanage in Peru. I opt in and out of Audible every now and then. Typically I try to abuse the credit system and buy really big books for far less than their worth, that leads me to having a pretty big back log so I cancel every now and then to catch up. I also subscribe on several different country servers to make use of free credits up front (and after awhile they come begging for me to subscribe again and give come back deals for me value for money).

Nintendo Switch Online and that's because me and my buddies are in a family plan so the cost is split. Besides that, i'm not subscribed to anything. Any cool things that show up on subscriptions (like The Mandalorian on Disney+), i just pirate.

I have a Gamestop power up rewards membership and have had for 10 years since I can walk to the store if I need to and they have always given me great service.  Other then that I have none since I prefer reading to TV plus I have a great local used book store in my area and any new anime I want to watch I can see on Cruncyroll for free after a week.

Netflix, Disney+, a couple of Patreons if those count...

...and Youtube Red.

I didn't want to reward Youtube's dickish behavior with money, but I did the 3-month free trial and...I can't go back to ads...I just can't...

EDIT: I have tried a couple ad blockers, but they didn't work on Youtube. Guess Google either paid them off or threatened them somehow.

Edited by Sid Starkiller

I'm mooching off my family's Netflix and Hulu subscriptions. I'm also the family plan holder for Nintendo Switch Online. It's funny, it took me just ten minutes to find seven of my friends with switches. 35 dollars for eight people is a steal. If it were just me, I'd be fine with spending 20 for myself. I have been adoring those NES and SNES games and Smash with friends is the most fun I have on the system.

Yeah Nintendo's been going hard on these subscriptions, eh? Every Mobile game they've released has one except for Dr. Mario (as far as I've heard), and Miitomo (no longer exists). You need two subscriptions to get the most out of Pokemon. And they've been doing more season passes and pre-order/early adopter bonuses than ever too. It's like 2014 EA has took over the company. 

The absolute best membership I've ever signed up for is Best Buy's Gamers Club Unlocked. It costed 30 dollars for 2 years, and got you 20% off all game purchases. Pre-orders, and whatever you can put in your cart. Assuming you buy just three 60 dollar games in 2 years, you're already profiting. I think I saved at least a hundred dollars between pre-orders and just mopping up whatever I saw on store shelves. But y'know, shopper's fallacy, I wouldn't have spent so much had the discounted prices not existed. Gamer's Club unlocked ended as a service a couple years ago, but they continued to honor anybody's memberships that still lasted. Mine expired some time last year. I think the major reason the service ended was Amazon Prime's 20% off pre-orders, and when Gamer's Club Unlocked was announced to be ending, Amazon Prime's discount on pre-orders was announced to be ending just a couple months later. They won.

Edited by Glennstavos

I pay for Spotify and Ipsy (a makeup subscription to get a grab-bag of beauty stuff every month). Both are definitely incredibly worth it 1000%

I have some other shit through generous friends, but they're... incredibly generous and don't make me pay a share for some reason, so I won't count it, as I don't pay for it

Amazon, Nintendo online, Netflix, and technically Patreon

I'm currently debating if I want to keep Xbox Gamepass

and go ahead and laugh, YouTube Premium, I'm still locked into the old $10 a month price

Just Switch Online right now.
I'll occasionally pick up Oldschool Runescape subscription on and off when I want to/have time to play (definitely don't have time right now)

I don't really watch shows or anything, have no real need for those types of subscription.
And I have no want for FEH pass, not gonna pay monthly for a mobile game I barely play anymore and have a lot of issues with.